[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nolan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: polan.jpg (158 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
polan.jpg
158 KB, 1296x730
Do you think he's intelligent enough to hate his own movies?
>>
>>68130281
I know the guy doesn't need a horde of fatfucks defending his work.
>>
File: 1458123985502.jpg (39 KB, 334x344) Image search: [Google]
1458123985502.jpg
39 KB, 334x344
>ww2 movie
>>
>>68130281
hes the best director of our age
>>
File: anon.jpg (77 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
anon.jpg
77 KB, 800x800
>>68130281
>>
File: BetgBck.png (312 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
BetgBck.png
312 KB, 499x499
He's one of the better modern directors but he has his flaws. TDKR was a fucking meme movie and he knew it.
>>
He's not the 'next Kubrick' like neckbeards claim, but he's a solid director with only one completely bad film.

He's the next Ridley Scott.
>>
>>68132762
His only bad film is Interstellar, care to disagree?
>>
>>68130281

His fans make me hate the guy. I can't think of many people like that. I really don't enjoy his movies but I get the appeal.
>>
>>68132794

Yeah the TDKR is a mess.
>>
>>68132794
I thought people were gushing over that movie?
>>
>>68132762

Nolan is not even close to Ridley Scott. Ridley is still one of the finest visual stylists in Hollywood. Comparing him to Nolan is a insult to Scott. And I'm not even a Nolan hater.
>>
>>68130281
The problem with Nolan is that sometimes it feels like he knows how to actually make good movies and then his mind splits in two parts where one part says "the plebs won't get this, I need to have characters explain verbally everything that's happened, that's happening and that's gonna happen" while the other part says "this is not enough, let's add another layer of thins going on, no, another layer, another layer!" and he listen to both parts at the same time, fucking up what could have been excellent movies.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.