[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>When Copper gets out of the water planet, 23 years have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: matthewmacgonnacry.jpg (497 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
matthewmacgonnacry.jpg
497 KB, 1296x730
>When Copper gets out of the water planet, 23 years have passed
>Murphy mentions that she's now as old as he was when he was sent on the mission
>There's no way to know exactly when this message was sent, but let's assume it was exactly 23 years ago
>She was born when he was 23
>Murph was 10 years old at the beggining of the movie (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816692/), ergo Cooper was 33
>Got a girl pregnant at 17 and went on with it
>According to NASA (http://astronauts.nasa.gov/content/faq.htm), the average age to become an astronaut is 34
>Let's assume Cooper was actually one of the youngest astronauts at 26
>He actually got on a few missions before the NASA was dismantled
>Going into a mission implies a recovery time of, at least, half a year before going to another one, so to become a veteran pilot Cooper at least had to work for the NASA during 2 years
>NASA was dismantled when he was 28 and was already reorganized and functioning when he was 33.
>In that 5 years period his wife died, he got himself a farm, and the entire world changed their mind about space, also the NASA totally lost track of him and couldn't call him to get back to his job as pilot until he found them
>All of this is a best case scenario, Murphy's message could have been sent 21 years later instead of 23, and Cooper may have become a pilot at 29, not 26 which would make it all a complete nonsense of ages.

The character's biography on IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0380172/bio) gives completely different dates and ages for all of this things, however they don't make sense according to the data from the actual movie.

All of this is just to say that, in a movie that's all about the pass of time, the director couldn't put some effort into actually making sense of the pass of time.
>>
Who the fuck even cares?
>>
>>68130056
Literal autism.
>>
File: etsobotsu.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
etsobotsu.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>68130056
>>
File: interstellar-tesseract.jpg (517 KB, 2048x1494) Image search: [Google]
interstellar-tesseract.jpg
517 KB, 2048x1494
>TARS! Quicky translate all the data Dr Romily collected on the black hole to Morse Code so that I can communicate that 23 years worth of data to Murph through gravity fields in this bookcase
>Cooper, it is 23 years worth of data and you want to communicate it as Morse Code. Even if you had zero sleep it would take decades to complete; not to mention the air in your suit wont last that long. How are you suppose to do this?
>LOVE TARS! LOVE!
>>
File: 1457612080533.jpg (222 KB, 1919x814) Image search: [Google]
1457612080533.jpg
222 KB, 1919x814
>>68130056
>>
>>68130240
>Movie tries to tell you how love is a power that you must follow because it makes thing happen

>The entire movie wouldn't have been possible if they followed Anne Hathaway's love impulse, the gravity equation wouldn't have been completed and it'd all have ended the worst possible way
>>
>>68130056
Listen reddit, it was a fucking flick. I know you """"""""fucking love science""""""" but the movie had literally none in it.
>>
>>68130306
>>68130240

Didn't Hathaway's lover boy also have good findings as well though? it's not like it was a bad idea to go to him
>>
>>68130380
Yes, but it would have been just enough to repopulate the Earth from zero in that new planet, which probably would have led to the gravity equation never been completed and the future 5-dimensional beings never existing.

Following love would have created a time paradox.
>>
This movie was fucking garbage. Sorry just came here to say that I don't have anything substantial to add
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>tfw you reach the memory of teenage Murph bringing back Jamal to her bedroom to study
>>
>>68130306
If catwoman had lead the mission, they would've just gone straight to edmund's planet and set about rebuilding humanity.
>>
Interstellar is a movie to be watched in the theaters.
The story is weak, but it is in my top 20 because of the experience.
>>
>>68130056
why dont you poo vindaloo pajeet
>>
>He didn't smoke weed and listen to Hans Zimmer play organ over pictures of SPACE
>He actually tried over thinks the back story to the point where it detracts from the experience
P.S. wasn't there a war on? He could have been a pilot a younger age. Plus recover times may have been reduced between then and now.
>>
>>68130483
read
>>68130468
>>
>>68130516
DUDE DEGENERATE LMAO
>>
>>68130056
BOY I SURE HOPE SOMEBODY GOT FIRED FOR THAT BLUNDER!
>>
>>68130507
I think the set up was nice, but it really started to fall apart during the end.

But yeah, the visuals were amazing in theaters
>>
>>68130229
What is it with them and getting naked?
>>
>>68130556
Same. I loved the set up, specially that scene where they chase the drone and watch the baseball game.
>>
>>68130468
>>68130534

the only reason catwoman had nothing when she finally got to edmund's planet was because cooper's yeee-haw'ing got it all blown the fuck up.

Without cooper, they go through the wormhole, go straight to edmund's planet, and catwoman and edmund single-handedly rebuild humanity. next to a black hole.

A few thousand years down the line, because they're sitting next to a black hole, they eventually figure out all the gravity magic shit. Then devise a way to send that information to where/when it could be more useful.

Of course this assumes nolan isn't retarded.
>>
>DA ENDING MANG, WTF!

As a whole the movie was shit start to finish. Several scenes are really nice when completely isolated from the movie they were in. The score was great, but glass was just sleepwalking. shit, I mean zimmer.
>>
>>68130056
Two and half hours I could have put in better use.
>>
>>68130516
>SMOKE WEED XDD

Fag
>>
File: 602.jpg (37 KB, 1012x569) Image search: [Google]
602.jpg
37 KB, 1012x569
>>
>>68130516
>P.S. wasn't there a war on? He could have been a pilot a younger age.
That's what I thought, but how did Cooper knew that professor?
>>
>>68130516
It's said in the movie that he was specifically a pilot for the NASA. Even if he was a pilot before that (which would mean cramming pilot training at the same time he had to go through college AND take care of his child) doesn't change a thing.
>>
File: interstellar-10.jpg (113 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
interstellar-10.jpg
113 KB, 1024x640
>Tell me Coopah, do you watch BLACKED.com?
>>
File: i love pixie.jpg (183 KB, 580x569) Image search: [Google]
i love pixie.jpg
183 KB, 580x569
>people still don't understand the kino
sm.h
It was about LOVE
>>
>>68130516
>listening to Hans Zimmer
Holy shit get a load of this pleb.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.