[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So who really are capeshit fans/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: snyder-doomsday.jpg (53 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
snyder-doomsday.jpg
53 KB, 700x400
I don't really know anyone with a life who watches these movies. What's the typical profile of the comic book movie watcher?

I know a shit ton of you faggots post here. So fess up.
>>
File: 1459612593037.jpg (448 KB, 2000x1134) Image search: [Google]
1459612593037.jpg
448 KB, 2000x1134
>>
>>68129613
lol you still watch movies? you must not have a life at all
>>
File: 1460180256424.png (148 KB, 854x491) Image search: [Google]
1460180256424.png
148 KB, 854x491
>>
underagers. Who else spends too much time on the internet talking about comic books and other franchise crap
>>
>>68129651

Going to a movie theater to watch superhero movies. Seriously? How old and why?
>>
I don't really know anyone with a life who watches these movies.
Because you don't know anyone. The ignorant masses love capeshit because it's enjoyable and easy to understand reality-escapism for them. I know plenty of plebs who never miss a movie.
>>
>>68129691

I Think that's reasonable. I just have feeling they're way more 20-30 somethings into this shit than should be. It's disturbing.
>>
>>68129690
as expected. literal autists
>>
>>68129691
>>68129736
Nah they are mainly manchildren
>>68129642
>>
these movies gross billions

even shit ones like bvs make >800m

and you don't know anyone who watches them? is it because you have no friends anon?
>>
Just fuck my board up.
>>
>>68129871

Read my post again man child.
>>
>>68129690
jesus christ
>>
File: 1456356725667.gif (2 MB, 255x234) Image search: [Google]
1456356725667.gif
2 MB, 255x234
>>68129871

Everyone is watching it mom!
>>
>>68129690
>mfw you post with these people
>>
normies and basement autists like most people on this board
>>
What I don't understand is why are capeshit movies praised so much by critics? They're as blatant as nerd wish fulfillment can be.
>>
>the 3rd biggest box office is a capeshit movie
Everyone watches these movies. Capeshit is as pleb as you can get.
>>
>>68131248
Oh right, the 4th. Forgot about Star Wars, though you could argue that's basically capeshit.
>>
The one guy I know who likes capeshit is repeating his last year of high school (he failed last year) and uses cocaine and mdma on a weekly basis. He's most likely going to fail again this year. He's also overweight and unhygenic.
>>
>>68129613
Regular people watch these movies

You don't know anyone who watches them simply because you don't know anyone. Get out of your basement.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>68131436
>Get out of your basement.

yeah man i'm a total loser for not having friends who watch kids movies.
>>
>>68130057
Yeah everyone. My ghetto nigger unemployed slob relative went to watch almost every capeshit.
My dad still wants to watch Batman v Sperman.
At the theater there's loads of families, and there was even a decrepit granny when I went to watch Deadpool.
>>
>>68131436
You're either American or a 15 year old. Everyone I know thinks these movies are dumb.
>>
>>68129613

children, teenagers, and adults with an inner child that hasn't gone all cynical and "settled with the grim realities of life" yet i reckon
>>
>>68131501

>losers

OK I covered that. So what's your excuse?
>>
>>68131499
>m-muh kids movies
They are dumb fun-action movies. So stuff that appeals to the majority of the adult population.

Yes you do live in your basement if you don't know anyone who watches capeshit. You probably think you are such amazing patrician with great taste but I bet you are a lonely neckbeard that watches tarantino movies while stroking your microdick and whispering "this is it, this is art", your mind unable to actually grasp art you instead turn to glib facsimiles of it while deluding yourself that you know cinema.

Go kino yourself.
>>
>>68131529
>american
>15
Neither, you are just retarded.
Why do you think these movies get so much cash?
People go with dates to watch them.
Families go watch them.
Ghetto niggers go watch them
Single manchildren watch them
Groups of friends go watch them.

Only lonely "art lovers" posting on 4chan complain about how normies are losers that watch these movies.
You are the outcast, you fucking dumbass, not everyone else out of this shithole.
>>
>>68131574
>what's your excuse
College student with nothing better to do in the afternoons.
>>
>>68131656

this so fucking much.

getting pretty fucking fed up with all the puberty-ridden teenagers here thinking they're special snowflakes with original opinions
>>
>>68131656
So you're just going to settle for mediocrity? If you recognize that these movies are shit, why not graduate from them to something better?
>>
>>68131734
At least I dont watch capeshit.
>>
Ben Affleck - best Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>68129613
I have a friend who loves superhero films. He's well adjusted and has a good job. I know another who loves them, he's a driving instructor for the police and is one of the most social guys I know. Also another friend in finance who loves Man of Steel. So in my experience it's normal people who like them.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (29 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
29 KB, 600x400
>>68131656
You sir are a gentleman & a scholar
>>
>>68131810
This might be the most reddit post I've seen all day.
>>
>>68131744
Top fucking kek

Because I can read a book instead of watching pretentious european refuse.
That and because watching these movies is usually a group activity, if I am taking my family or friends to watch BatKiller vs Man of Murder you can bet they wouldn't rather trade it for an afternoon watching silent interpretative dancing about the vietnam war in black and white with an Erhu soundtrack.
Normal people don't give a fuck, why do you think opera doesn't sell to the average person while Ke$ha and Kanye do.
>>
>>68131592
>Yes you do live in your basement if you don't know anyone who watches capeshit.

I already stated I don't know anyone who isn't a loser who watches them or at least talks about watching them.

You know people with families/careers/ actually hobbies that aren't collecting action figures or reading comic books.

If you're past 20 years old and still go watch comic book movies even with your friends I feel sorry for you.

I don't know why that's so hard for you to accept. I assume this is some kid deflection cause you feel guilty for being a grown man and watching this stuff.
>>
I used to read comic books. Now I don't anymore. But both now and when I read comics, I had a really critical view. I didn't hate the movies, I understood that it was another universe, a commercial one.

Comic books are not good anymore because of the commercial appeal for new masses. It feels like a stab in the back of the readers everytime something is reinvented or reintroduced (or revived or becomes black or a woman or gay).

Cape kinos are kinos. The only value for an avid comic book reader would be the excitement of seeing the adaptation and... I kinda lost my trail of thought here, because there isn't really one.

Cape kinos are for plebs that don't read comics and don't understand what a good movie is. It's entertaining to everyone and cringey for those that know better. I can see a cape kino for what it is, but I'd never be hyped or happy about any of it. It's garbage.

Comic books are garbage. I say this as someone who has read a lot of comic books. But you enjoy what you enjoy.
>>
>>68131769
At least other people aren't pretentious fops with no friends.
>>
>>68131862

I mean, my coworkers are hyped. My sister was hyped. You know? People who never have a shit when it wasn't trendy. I'm 32 years old, I was bullied at school. It wasn't cool hurr tbbt to be a nerd or a geek back then.
>>
>>68131853
>father has decades old career
>watches capeshit
>stepfather has decades old career
>watches capeshit
>sister is a married professional woman in her 30s
>watches capeshit and eats that shit up
>college friends watch capeshit
>girlfriend's family watches capeshit
>go to movie theater
>families, groups of friends, old and young people
Why do you keep deluding yourself? These are fun, dumb, often family friendly movies. The majority of people watches them, people with jobs and families.
You are in the minority, and you insist that only losers enjoy these movies. What is a loser? I believe you by merit of posting here are closer to being one than the average capeshit viewer, as retarded as they are at least they aren't pretentious social outcasts/autists.
>>
>>68131922
Yeah and yet fatshits on/tv/ insist only comic book nerds like capeshit.

It's like saying only furries went to watch Zootopia.
>>
>>68129613
literally everyone watches these. you must not escape your basement often if you think there's a "type"
>>
>>68129613
Everyone, and i mean literally everyone is watching them.
Do your basement come complete with a rock on top of it or something?
>>
>>68132095
>everyone watches these.

Yeah..no. Mostly families watch these movies. Single grown men like you however should find a better way to use your free time.
>>
Everyone is watching these movies. I met my girlfriend at man of steel.
>>
>>68132034
Posers and plebs enjoy it. Avid comic book readers (which can mean something really bad, because like I said, you have to filter a lot of commercial shilling to get anything interest, specially from the last two decades) - people who really read and understand either hate it or watch it with an open mind, and can enjoy the superkinos for what they are, entertainment based on something they enjoy.

Hyped retards anywhere are just plain retards.
>>
>>68132199
gotta love the projection
>>
>>68132218
Did she notice the receding hairline?
>>
Everyone I know loves these movies. And I mean everyone. If you don't watch these movies you are a total basement dwelling loser.
>>
>>68132199
>Single grown men
They watch with friends
>>
>>68132199
>assumptions

>>68132227
Yeah you are right. I meant more like they have a view only fans watch these when usually the really "hardcore" readers hate thes
>>
Thanks to the Internet I went into BvS with laughably low expectations and was able to enjoy it. Batman versus Superman was great and I enjoyed the trio versus Doomsday. Lex was dumb and there was a lot of random crap that didn't make sense, but it was enjoyable.
>>
>>68129613
I watch capeshit with a group of my friends t b h
>>
I work in high finance and make 300k a year. I love superhero movies and so does everyone else in my firm. You're a total fucking loser if you don't watch the latest comic book movie.
>>
>>68131501
Everybody also eats at Mc Donald's.
>>
>>68132293
I mean, look at the bane meme. I'm pretty sure that everyone watched the kino but most people haven't read anything from Batman, much less from that era, even less during that era.
>>
>>68131990
I find that weird. Both of my parents and most of the people I know think those movies are literally for children.
>>
>>68132364
Everyone are practically sheldurs
>>
>>68132366
Exactly. It can be crap but people eat that up, not just "losers" like these shitposters are pretending.

That said I don't because those are actually verifiably bad for your health. Most people still do.

>>68132372
It's not like every group will be the same, but the general situation points to something different.
>>
I have a legit 10/10 GF and I own a successful small business. I have several friends and we all get together and go watch the latest superhero movie. Don't forget to stay after the credits!
>>
>>68132565
Kek I can't tell if this is bait or not.
>>
>Fucking normies
>>
People who enjoy League of Legends, CS:GO and/or
~Souls games also enjoy capeshit.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>68132649
I play League but I hate capeshit
>>
I know loads of people who watch them just because they're regular cinema goers.
>>
>>68132649
I like Dark Souls 1 but I hate capeshit vehemently
>>
children and man children
>>
At my college all the chads watch superhero movies. All the hot chicks go with them. I wish I could go but I don't have any friends to go with really. I think the movies are pleb tier but it be cool to have something to talk about with all the normies.
>>
The real man children are the ones who aren't watching these movies.
>>
File: CIAAAARG.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
CIAAAARG.gif
2 MB, 500x500
/TV/ WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU????????

HAS /V/ FULLY TAKEN OVER THIS PLACE????

BEFORE CAPESHIT THREADS WERE IRONIC, BUT NOW I THINK A MAJORITY OF THEM ARE GENUINE

PLEASE /TV/ I LOVE YOU. WHERE ARE THE GENUINE /TV/ POSTERS???
>>
>>68129613
High school through college age. Pretty much the primary 4chan demographic.
>>
>>68132596
Seriously?
>>
>>68132649
that's the worst generalization i've ever seen
>>
>>68131849
Not that guy, but I have a question

Do you also watch art film? That pretentious shit you're talking about in black and white? Or is it only the latest superhero drivel?

This is important for me to know, because I feel like everyone discussing capeshit on this board know absolutely nothing about film. They ridicule anyone who brings up Jodorowsky or Kurosawa without having seen anything from them. That goes against what the purpose of this board is for me, a place to actually discuss film with people who aren't autistic memesters, and who will actually call you out on your bullshit.

If you read all that mess, please answer the question. Thanks
>>
>>68129613
Well I'm 23, I go to college, I like turning off my brain but not to the point where I'd actually go see Transformers. Marvel serves the purpose.
Does that help you Mr. Science Man?
>>
>>68129642
That facial hair makes me want to shave.
>>
>>68134640
It's one think to watch a kurosawa movie.
It's another to praise shit as art, which is what the majority of /tv/ does.

And yes I am the guy you asked.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.