[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the Suicide Squad trailer, why does he appear to be jumping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9
File: CQ0jTQPXAAEtP0u.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CQ0jTQPXAAEtP0u.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
In the Suicide Squad trailer, why does he appear to be jumping off a building to save someone? And why doesn't he just blow up Joker's car with a rocket launcher?
>>
>>68129595
I'm going to take a wild guess that this is a prequel.
>>
>>68129595
it was a green band trailer senpai. He'll be blowing lots of stuff in the movie
>>
>>68129605

So we will see his transition from Batman into Bat of Murder?
>>
>>68129616
You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>68129595
>why does he appear to be jumping off a building to save someone?

Maybe he is? He's Batman you know, he saves people in addition to punching people into comas.

And the car doesn't have guns on it yet, so like >>68129605 said it's either a prequel to the events of Robin's death or after BvS where he dials it back on the ultraviolence.
>>
>>68129630

>DCuck
>>
>>68129615
>it was a green band trailer senpai.

You can show explosions in a green band trailer, the hell...
>>
>>68129676
>marvelfag
>mobileposter
>>
File: 1460174621190.jpg (6 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
1460174621190.jpg
6 KB, 238x192
>>68129697
>why don't they show batman killing the joker by blowing his car up in a greenband trailer
>>
>>68129605
>this is a prequel
But they talk about Superman, so clearly this takes place after the events of Man of Steel.
>>
So where does this fit into the DC universe? this is in the same universe as batman v superman? is it a prequel to it?
>>
>>68129732

But that's not what happens in the movie, that's just an assumption.

Retard.
>>
>>68129740

It's supposed to take place in the DCU which means this could be the third shit movie in a row for them. It also means that Bat of Murder and Man of Murder are letting these murderous psychopaths run around instead of executing them.
>>
>>68129713
>batman kills people
>but not the joker
Is this fucking Flashpoint?
Is Joker his waifu?
>>
>>68129713

I'm on a desktop m8.

Don't use memes you don't understand you high school cunt.
>>
>brandmarks and even murders criminal men without guilt by blowing them to bits
>saves criminal woman

t-thanks hollywood
>>
>>68129784

people are saying Joker broke the mind of the original Robin and turned him into Joker 2.0, Batman killed the original but he can't bring himself to kill his former partner.
>>
>>68129854

People have to make up these fanboy theories to justify these capeshit movies making no sense.
>>
>>68129830
Fridge is pretty hot desu senpai.
would save/10
>>
>>68129778
Shit my expectations are constantly changing with this. So it's a sequel to BVS im assuming then?
>>
>>68129945

Well it happened in Batman Beyond in a way so there's precedent, same as BvS having the Dark Knight Returns fight, it's working from the source material but in a different way.

>>68129830

She's wearing her civvie clothes so I'm guessing she got "kidnapped" and he doesn't know she got her headfucked by Joker yet.
>>
>>68129999
Given that they talk about Superman in the trailer, it could take place any time after Man of Steel.

If I had to guess, this takes place after Man of Steel, before Batman v Superman, and will explain why Batman was the way he was in Batman v Superman.
>>
>>68130104
So they're doing the timeline completely out of order, nice going DC.
>>
Considering Batman v Superman just being set all over the place with tons of flashbacks and dreams and other stupid shit which made no sense, it could take place before, during and after BvS.
>>
>>68129778
You never kill the bosses. Because that's morally wrong.
You only kill the nameless henchmen
>>
>>68130134
I don't really see a problem with them making an interquel.

Wonder Woman will be a prequel set decades before Man of Steel, in World War I. It's pretty safe to assume the other superhero movies (like Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg) will be set sometime before BvS, although they could come after.
>>
There was info leaked a while ago, actual spoilers, but they're from memory

Seriously, actual spoilers homie The first 30-40 minutes of the film take place over a year before Man of Steel (told with a caption of "18 months before the world is introduced to the Superman") and involve Batman hunting down Joker for something that the viewer isn't made aware of, interspersed with scenes of him taking down some of the Suicide Squad, and shows their trials and shit, it ends with Batman beating the shit out of Joker (he breaks his teeth and arm, throws him through a window, Joker keeps laughing, it's a really intense scene and if they hadn't ruined the fact that the Joker appears later in the film from the trailers you might think that Batman actually kills him), Batman delivers Joker to GCPD and a cop quips "I think the rules are changing for the Bat", even though he's not talking to anyone, it's weird as fuck, then there's scenes where Quinn interviews Joker in Arkham Asylum and Joker is happy that he "broke the Bat using only a crowbar", it's implied that she's then it cuts to 3 years later and the movie begins proper. Batman appears again to capture Joker and Harley, etc.
>>
>>68130271
>quips

As a DCuck I am thoroughly triggered by this quip. I can't believe they're trying to Marvel they're way out of a slump. Fucking reddit.
>>
>>68129595
The car Joker was driving seems to be thrown into a bay. My guess Joker bails but leaves HQ to die. Batman jumps into the water to save her. Batman always had a small soft spot for her since he views her as a victim created by Joker.
>>
>>68130261
I think the failure of Wonder Woman and the inevitable success of Suicide Squad is going turn the DCEU in to a Batman Extended Universe. Seriously, there's no way Flash/Aquaman/Cyborg will get their kinos if Wonder Woman doesn't make an absolute mint.
>>
>>68130345

They're already talking up WW being really "dark" for some reason. After MoS lukewarm box office and BvS doing shit, I don't get their strategy.
>>
>>68130389

>They're already talking up WW being really "dark" for some reason.

Well it's set in WW1 the not so fun war. And it's been said before but nothing wrong with DC doing things different as long as it's entertaining.
>>
>>68130389
I'd prefer if they'd stick with their guns rather than trying to turn the films in to something else. We're going to end up with a transition in to "Batman and Robin" from "Batman 89" at this rate. Stick with your goddamn vision, guys. Watching the films in order knowing that the tone is going to differ greatly will be a pretty shit watch.
>>
>>68129615
>He'll be blowing lots of stuff in the movie
>>
>>68130441
>finally someone caught it
>>
>>68130389
>They're already talking up WW being really "dark"
To be fair, MoS/BvS and (originally) SS were talked up as being really dark and a true iteration of comic tone in film. If they pussy out, I'll be annoyed

I'm just not sure I can take Wonder Woman seriously when I'm expected to believe we'll get the origins of THAT costume in WW1. I'm picking up Captain America vibes from it
>>
>>68130438
>>
>>68129697
>why didnt they show batman killing the joker in a fucking trailer
>>
>>68130500

>why didn't they show this thing that hasn't been confirmed to happen

fuck off.
>>
File: ssttwo58.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ssttwo58.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
Batman saving Harley
>>
>>68130493

Superman isn't dark. The only reason they made their movies "dark" is because of Nolan Batman, that's why his name was plastered all over the marketing for MoS.
>>
>>68130496

Yes? And? Use your words anon.

>>68130524

>dem feet

oh gosh~
>>
>>68130532
>Nolan
>Dark

Outside of Batman Begins, the Nolan trilogy is hilarious camp in tone
>>
>>68130540

They already made a light hearted movie set during a worse war. WW1 is a boring war with no good or bad guys, it was just treaties upon treaties forcing nations into war.

WW isn't exactly going to take place in the trenches lol
>>
>>68130524
its the joker in a bat suit. when he jumps off the whatever you can see his mouth is filled with silver.
>>
>>68129733

This is true.

How do you explain this anons?
If it takes place after Man of Steel, it takes place after the Wayne Tower tragedy, which means Batman is already the bitter and murderous badass.
>>
The Batman scenes are flashbacks to Harley's origin. They take place before the events of MoS and BvS. The Suicide Squad stuff takes place after the events of BvS.
>>
>>68130532

I rewatched man of steel recently and it's actually not very "dark", yeah you get those lines from Pa Kent but the music is really uplifting, you have Jor-el/jor-el hologram telling Clark he can accomplish great things, test his limits etc etc.

And Clark smiles a lot too, and he actually engages people in conversation as Superman, talking to the General about surrendering himself to Zod if that's necessary to keep people from being hurt, and even the little bit at the end when he crushes the drone, as well as him talking with Ma about what to do at the end.

Man of Steel starts kind of dreary but by the end it feels like good things should follow.

Thanks BvS
>>
>>68130600
What if the film takes place over numerous time periods? I refuse to believe we'll be getting expositional origins for every villain, they'll probably have the start of the film set before MoS and the second part after
>>
>>68130524
Will he fuck her?
>>
>>68130618
It's a shame that the Superman we get at the of MoS ("You're trying to see where I hang my cape you silly boys ;)") is more of less killed off by controversy 40 minutes in to BvS.

Still, now that the world has accepted Superman, I guess the JL film will be a bit lighter in tone
>>
>>68130600
Parts of the movie happens Post-BvS (Most parts of the movie) and pre-Superman (the Harley Flashbacks).

Batman wasn't as brutal then because you can see in some shots that Joker still has perfect teeth and that the Batmobile has no guns.
>>
>>68129595
>A clear moment in one movie where he gives up and is like "Fuck it we're always seen as criminals"
>He must be the exact same over the last 20+ years as the Bat
>That's how giving up works!
>>
File: zombiebatman.png (846 KB, 1899x801) Image search: [Google]
zombiebatman.png
846 KB, 1899x801
>>68129595
he was a zombie? his skin is black and glowing in that shot. he looked just like blackest night batman, not even kidding
>>
>>68130438
Not related to DC, but I think nolan is making a new movie that is set during WW1 or 2. He's casting the actors of scarecrow and Bane for it. It's probably gonna be better than wonder woman xD
>>
>>68130744

It's the lighting, looks like he's wearing a gas mask
>>
>>68130772

Dunkirk yeah, some WW2 movie where the brits did nothing and Germany took their ball and went home.
>>
File: 1380048607598.jpg (27 KB, 400x287) Image search: [Google]
1380048607598.jpg
27 KB, 400x287
>>68130524
>tfw you will never save a completely batshit insane qt3.14 grill and feed her eggs
also, jani you can suck a dick you faggot
>>
>>68130777
trips of truth, so maybe. but SS are fighting zombies made by tattooed man, or so it's been heavily rumored
>>
Batman will casually murder Random Goon No. 3 because he happens to be on guard duty that night, but he won't take care of the mass-murdering supervillian that's hurt and killed people close to him?
>>
>>68130804
>feed her eggs
go home, /v/
>>
>>68130744
Why is so skinny here? Does Batman get a roid gut in his old age?
>>
>>68130777
>>68130744
He's wearing a gas mask.
Check his action figure.
>>
>>68130744
It's a breathing apparatus, he's jumping in the pier to save Harley

Also
>He fucking branded his breathing apparatus with the Bat symbol
Gotta market I guess
>>
>>68130578
That's a gas-mask.
>>
>>68130496
This was set in the fun world war.
WW1 will be boring as fuck.
>>
>>68130744

He's jumping into water so is probably putting on a rebreather.
>>
>>68130546
eh, the joker having a Glascow's smile is dark enough for normie movies mate.
>>
>>68130848
>batman using non-bat brand material. how peasant of you to think he should
>>
>>68130838
The shadows are hiding most of the bulk.
>>
>>68130655
Can you imagine Snyder masturbating and destroying the earth with Darkseid as his avatar?
>>
Batman will always save the qt girl
>>
>>68130893
>Glascow

I'll give you another crack at that if you want, m8
>>
>>68130705
This seems likely. The bulk of the movie could be post-BvS (but then, why are they worried about Superman when he's dead) with the Batman stuff pre-MoS (which means, when Batman saves Harley, he puts her in prison).
>>
>>68129595
>And why doesn't he just blow up Joker's car with a rocket launcher?
Joker's mothers name is Martha.
>>
>>68130967
>The bulk of the movie could be post-BvS (but then, why are they worried about Superman when he's dead)

still the possibility of other threats from space and within, I'm sure there's a lot of stuff the government has covered up, I bet Waller knows all about Lex's secret files for one.
>>
>>68130934
Glasgow, thanks
>>
>>68130995
savage
>>
>>68131005
You're welcome bud.
>>
>>68130967
>The bulk of the movie could be post-BvS (but then, why are they worried about Superman when he's dead)
a "superman" returns and now is evil (like the comics) or just the superman who died comes back and is evil
>>
why doesn't batman just nuke gotham with a bat nuke so there's never any crime?
>>
>>68129640
>after BvS where he dials it back on the ultraviolence.
>>68129640
>>68129640
>>68129640

SCOTT SNYDER DEFENSE LEAGUE ASSEMBLE!

DAMAGE CONTROL INITIATED

FUCK OFF SHILL
>>
>>68130578
And he bought an identical Batmobile?
>THE BAT IS GONNA FREAK
>>
File: 1441448687242.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1441448687242.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>68131070
>>
>>68131070
i'm guessing muhamad al afleck will want to do it in the name of allah in the solo batman movie, dawn of jihad
>>
W-will we see Baleman again some day?
>>
>>68131530

maybe if umayyaben afleck al gothami disappears during one of his holidays to his house on the turkish-syrian border
>>
>>68130524
she is a woman.
>>
So this takes place how many years before or after BvS? I thouight this took place years before BvS
>>
>>68130524
Wrong-ish.

That Harley has her hair dyed, not the same scene. The woman that fell into the water was clearly Harley pre-joker because her hair wasn't dyed, probably right after the Joker tortured her.
>>
>>68131530

Hopefully not
>>
>>68133638

You sure showed him how right he was.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.