[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any hope that JJ may change his mind and release an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: forceawakens-bluray-combo-target.jpg (506 KB, 1280x1521) Image search: [Google]
forceawakens-bluray-combo-target.jpg
506 KB, 1280x1521
Is there any hope that JJ may change his mind and release an extended cut of Force Awakens?

The theatrical cut as it stands is an absolute mess with so many plotholes and editing problems.

An extended edition would surely make the movie a whole ton better.

https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disney-company-release-the-extended-cut-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens
I guess there isn't any point in signing the petition anymore with how low the signatures are.
>>
He doesn't have any say in that and he doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>68127959
>The theatrical cut as it stands is an absolute mess with so many plotholes and editing problems.

do tell it's one of the best reviewed films of last year and one of the highest grossing of all time

I've yet to see anyone point out a serious plot hole. Can't wait for Rogue and and Ira bell
>>
>>68127959
There's only a couple scenes that would improve it from what I've read. One is a meeting between the senate and resistance. It's just them shooting down aid against the first order and calling Leia a warmonger. There's a part where 3PO says they're doomed without the Republic fleet. That line would have made more sense if we'd seen the petition for aid. Also may have made us care about Hosnian Prime.
>>
>>68127995
>I've yet to see anyone point out a serious plot hole.
You are either an absolute troll or a complete idiot to the core.

>Rey is a Mary Sue in the theatrical cut with no scenes explaining how she is able to fly the falcon with her first try
>It is never explained how she is able to force trick - JJ should have directed a scene showing her read a book about the Jedi which would explain how she knew about Luke when Finn mentioned her and how she was able to do a force Jedi mind trick which took Obi Won a life time to master.

>The deleted scene with Rey playing on a flying simulator would have better shown how knowledgeable she was with the falcon

JJ just had to include these scens and the movie would have made more sense and she would never have been held as a Mary Sue.

The only other explanation of her being so powerful, knowing everything about machinery and spaceships, know how to defeat a sithlord and master every single force power in one day - she would have to be a reincarnation of Anakin created by Snoke.

IF she is not.. then JJ completeted stufed up the movie, making it the worst defected character on screen.

The Force Awakens as it stands portrays Rey as the worst character to ever be written on screen.

She is the Mary Sue of Mary Sues: the feminist progananda the way she is written, making no sense at all except to appear strong with anything and needing no teacher to guide her.
>>
>>68127995
>it's one of the best reviewed films of last year and one of the highest grossing of all time
Because it is a fun popcorn movie with no backstory. Just action scene after action scene.

Americans prefer movies like this compared to the intelligable European cinema such as Batman v Superman which is a politically drama piece.

Mad Max Fury Road is another untelligent jargon with no backstory but action scene after action scene.

If only Fury Road had an actual backstory plot describing Max before he was captured and the whole movie became a Mario Kart live action film - then it would have been an actual "film".

But like I said; Americans have a low tension span.

Compare any European film to American film and you notice the difference.

Surprisingly The Revenant is a European film which does cinema justice with the way it is filmed and I am surprised that was a huge hit in America considering it did not follow the Hollywood filmmaking trait at all.

But you compare every single other Hollywood film and they are identical.

I don't know about you but a 3 hour cut of Force Awakens with lots of political backstory - I would have rated the movie a 910. Right now it is a 6/10 at best.
>>
>>68127959
what's the deal with the Star Wars covers alway messing up who to put on the front.

> "Let's have the droid instead of Poe, it will appeal to the younger audience."
> "But why do we need Leia?"
> "Because we need another woman on the cover you sexist shitlord."
>>
>>68127959
If WB tries to fuck with Civil War by putting out an extended BvS, Disney should drop TFA extended on Suicide Squad.
>>
>>68128136
do you really need everything explained to you? I get where you're coming from but this is the 1st movie of a trilogy and overstuffing it with this stuff would've ground it to an absolute halt in the first act. They obviously need to wow audiences on the first outing, which is what they wen't for. I do hope we get this stuff in the 2nd movie, just a line from Rey to Luke explaining she got her skills on Jakku would do it.
>>
File: 1453328343824.png (32 KB, 1104x473) Image search: [Google]
1453328343824.png
32 KB, 1104x473
>change.org
>>
I feel bad that somebody has to read these petitions. I feel even worse for the lackey of Obama that has to reply to the ones that get enough signatures.
>>
>>68129643
>I do hope we get this stuff in the 2nd movie, just a line from Rey to Luke explaining she got her skills on Jakku would do it.
Exactly me too! But it sucks that for 2 years we will get people calling her a Mary Sue.
>>
>>68129777
What? Change.org isn't the white house one.
>>
>>68128136
This is an amazing summary, props

>>68129643
>do you really need everything explained to you?
I don't pay for overpriced cinema tickets to fill in the blanks and shitty script with my fucking imagination

>just a line from Rey to Luke explaining she got her skills on Jakku would do it.
no it fucking wouldn't that's called throw away dialogue and if you actually like that shit then you're part of the problem

the fact that people can actively be apologists and shill the fuck out of shitty movies with shitty scripts because THE SEQUELS WILL EXPLAIN IT or any similar bullshit excuse is disgusting

these movies make hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars and they can't make them competently written without fucking plotholes? You should feel insulted
>>
>>68131323

Right, which is the fault of jj, as mentioned earlier.

You think some people wanted a boring ass main character capable of doing no wrong? Literally the only conflict she had was her inner struggle with wanting to go back to jakku and wait for her family.

She succeeds and overcomes at everything else she does with no effort.

Those small scenes that were cut would have shut most people up about Rey, but as it stands she is the most uninteresting main character in the 2 and a half hour series trailer that is TFA.

>let's sacrifice scenes developing our main character for more action scenes!

You faggots actually defend this shit.
>>
File: wewantthestarofdavidaudience.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1521) Image search: [Google]
wewantthestarofdavidaudience.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1521
>>
>>68131465
mate you're so right it hurts, what the fuck is wrong with the rest of /tv/? Are they all brainwashed by hollywood or just that retarded?

her wanting to stay on Jakku would have made no sense whatsoever either, you really think somebody abandoned on a desert planet as a child and forced to fend for herself on scraps living in a junkyard would be such an annoyingly chirpy optimist?

she would be a grizzled distrustful pessimist who hates the world

Rey should have been an aggressive paranoid asshole who's slow to trust anyone and slowly warms to her companions but that's just not fitting for a Disney princess
>>
>>68127959
>plotholes
yeah those blow, I wish they would make more movies that expand on what was already shown which could explain stuff that happened in TFA.
oh wait
>>
>>68131609
How does it feel having an IQ of less than 80?
>>
>>68127959

It's fucking star wars. The extended edition comes out 2 years later after everyone buys the original one first. Disney will jew you for every cent if you let them.

Not that anyone here actually buys anything.
>>
>>68131641
I don't know, you tell me
>>
>>68129643
I understand your point, but if you're gonna keep relevant info to understand the plot ro parts of the plot for the next issue then make a show, not a film.

A film, even if it's a part of a larger story, should be able to stand scrutiny by itself. It doesn't have to contain the whole story, but the story it contains should feel whole. At it's current state, The Force Awakens leaves far too many unaswered questions about rey's abilities and where they come from, and we're left with nothing but the game of waiting.
>>
File: jewish tricks.jpg (35 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
jewish tricks.jpg
35 KB, 439x290
>>68128220
>with no backstory
>Episode VII of a world loved franchise
>even has a text craw at the start
im sure you didn't read it, considering your European sounding and all
>>
>>68131697
I knew you were gonna reply with that

you're retarded AND predictable

I bet your parents are proud
>>
>>68131796
I knew you were gonna reply with that

you're retarded AND predictable

I bet your parents are proud
>>
>>68131756
her background is not relevant though. does DIE HARD feed you some bullshit about McClane being a retired operator? no, that would be terrible and would ruin the movie and the character.
>>
>>68127959
Can you please tell me what are the plot holes?
I admit i'm a pleb.
>>
>>68128220
I agree with pretty much your entire post (though I don't know if I'd divide it between american and european, maybe just pleb and not-pleb) but this really caught me

>Surprisingly The Revenant is a European film which does cinema justice with the way it is filmed and I am surprised that was a huge hit in America considering it did not follow the Hollywood filmmaking trait at all

This surprised the shit out of me as well
When my housemate said she was going to see it, I genuinely thought she'd hate it
I chalked it down to a mix of leonardo dicaprio and critical acclaim. So while most normies didn't really like it, they'll feel like idiots if they admitit. also, they love leo
>>
>>68131431
>these movies make hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars and they can't make them competently written without fucking plotholes? You should feel insulted
Exactly
TFA is the worst-edited blockbuster I can remember. Hiring a decent editor isn't that expensive; especially after the amount that's already been poured into this

How does someone spend that much money, see this and then think "yeah, that's fine"?
>>
File: 1427241735748.jpg (77 KB, 674x670) Image search: [Google]
1427241735748.jpg
77 KB, 674x670
>>68131837
>the background of the character that keeps waiting for her background to appear, and takes most of her decisions motivated by her lack of brackground, and most probably has some very-plot-related background is not relevant
>>
>>68131935
Obviously the reason the Revenant is such a hit is due to Leo and Hardy's presence. If you instead had unknown actors in the lead - the movie wouldn't stand a chance. This is a fact.

Not saying it isn't an extraodinary film, I just mean it wouldn't stand a chance with American cinema if unknowns from Europe starred in Leo and Hardy's place.
>>
>>68131838
Everything they intentionally left ambiguous for the later entries to fill in.

That's the gist of what I'm getting from this thread. It's like wanting Vader's relationship to Luke explained in ANH.
>>
>>68132022
>It's like wanting Vader's relationship to Luke explained in ANH.
Lucas hadn't even written their relationship at that point
In his head, Vader and Anakin were still different people, the latter murdered by the former - which is explained in the film

The equivalent would be if when Luke asked about his father to Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan replied
>"that's a story for another time. But right now we need to go save the princess!"
>>
>>68132022
>It's like wanting Vader's relationship to Luke explained in ANH.
Except there's nothing in ANH that can't be explained if you don't know about luke being Vader's son.
>>
>>68132148
you're acting like TFA was completely nonsensical, which it wasn't, some questions are merely unanswered and for most (not all) you can already make an assumption
>>
>>68131995
>How does someone spend that much money, see this and then think "yeah, that's fine"?
because they don't care about the quality of the movie, the higher ups look at their graphs and statistics, not asking themselves is this movie going to be amazing but is this movie going to make a hefty profit

JJ and co don't give a fuck about star wars

do you think Daisy or Boyega have marathoned the original trilogy countless times? Or spent their childhoods running around the playground pretending to be jedis?

the movie seems like the only people that actually like star wars are the guys who designed the sets props and costmes
>>
>>68127959
The extended version will permit them to sell the same shit to the same people all over again.
I have no doubt that it will be released one day.
>>
>>68132185
I'm not saying that TFA was nonsensical, heck, I actually liked the movie, I'm simply stating that a movie can't be written as if it were a show. Making the viewers wait two years for info so they can understand some parts of the previous film (even if it's only a few things) is an overall bad idea, and part of the backlash they're getting with Rey is their own fault for doing this.
>>
>>68132185
>you can already make an assumption
assuming things makes an ass out of u and me

movies are a form of storytelling, tell the fucking story, this shit isn't dark souls I don't expect to have to piece together what the fuck is going on because it's so fucking vague
>>
>>68132240
>do you think the actors went full autist mode for this billion dollar franchise when they were kids

Its fucking star wars
>>
garbage cover design
>>
>>68132294
>tell the fucking story,
but it's a story for another time :D
>>
File: Untitled.png (1018 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1018 KB, 1920x1080
>>68132315
did you never play as a child? did you not have friends? I feel sorry for you that you think the act of playing through your imagination when you're at a young age makes you autistic

also I'm watching ANH as we speak, it's so fucking superior to the mess that is ep VII

there are zero scenes or character development like this

instead we have Disney tier characters that get MARVELED with zero depth or development
>>
>>68132406
>there are zero scenes or character development like this

poe- finn bromance
>>
>>68132620
You mean where they instantly become best friends? Some development right there
>>
File: polished.jpg (17 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
polished.jpg
17 KB, 400x300
>>68127959
>An extended edition would surely make the movie a whole ton better.
>polishing a turd
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.