[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this was pretty good except for the stupid fucking ending. you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-img.1.jpg (455 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-img.1.jpg
455 KB, 1920x1080
this was pretty good except for the stupid fucking ending. you can't have a dance off even in a wacky space setting it totally kills the disbelief.
>>
MEME OFF BRO
>>
>>68125571
I was okay with the dance off as a distraction, but for some reason "You said it yourself, bitch. We're the guardians of the galaxy" bothered me
>>
>>68125571
It wasn't an actual dance off. Do people aneurysm at that point in the movie and miss the point entirely? He was trying to distract Ronan. How else would a pop culture obsessed child who left earth during the eighties do it? He knows he can't over power him. So he does something so outrageous it leaves Ronan dumbfounded long enough for Rocket to build the gun. It's really not that complex of a scene and yet people can't seem to grasp it.
>>
File: hg.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
hg.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>68126166
>He was trying to distract Ronan.
And the fact that Ronan fell for that is idiotic m8.
>>
>>68125699
Lol I loved that line, it was just so stupid. You could hear the writers saying "no no no dont use that, actually fuck it why not its a stupid movie anyway"

And thats just the thing, thats why these moments work. Its a stupid movie that is made stupid deliberately, however it also happens to be a competent, well crafted movie which is why it all works.
>>
>>68126193
If you were an omnipotent and logical asshole like Ronan the accuser and someone says they will defeat you and proceeds to dance, wouldn't you stare at them in disbelief for at least five seconds?
>>
>>68126304
no
>>
>>68126374
That's because you're a human, you'd dance back.
>>
>>68126304

not if my goal was to simply tap the planet with my hammer, then i'd do it right away
>>
>>68126193
>>68126442
You have to remember Ronan is extremely arrogant and full of himself. During that scene he was in the midst of finally achieving the victory he had long sought, but he's far to vain to simply end it. He wanted to gloat and brag about his victory, to strike fear into the hearts of the Xandarians as they looked at the face of the man who was about to end them. And then Quill comes in and ruins his moment.
>>
File: disbelief.jpg (8 KB, 238x279) Image search: [Google]
disbelief.jpg
8 KB, 238x279
>>68126427
maybe it's because he's a lazily written villain
>>
>>68126509
oh, so he's a walking cliché then
>>
>>68126544
In a movie with 5 main heroes who all need to be fleshed out, and at least 3 villians, I think we can forgive them for not fleshing out every villian as much as the heroes
>>
>>68126544
I mean...kinda. The whole movie is basically an 80's movie, but that's also what they were going for. Everything from the music to the visuals. It was all pretty comfy desu senpai
>>
>>68126544
Yeah, ronan was the weakest part of the movie
>>
>>68126696
But anon, nobody alive has ever seen an 80's movie, because old movies are bad.
>>
DANCE OFF, BRO. YOU AND MEME
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.