[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about Neil Blomkamps body of work /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: m2216913.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
m2216913.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
What do you think about Neil Blomkamps body of work /tv/?
>>
Solid, easily watchable movies.
>>
never made a good film ever
>>
District 9 was great.

I never saw the other two.
>>
>>68125217
He just makes 2 hour FX demos with a videogame story. Guess it is ok for teenagers.
>>
>>68125217
only District 9 is good
>>
>>68125217
Can't believe he got to make the same movie not twice but three fucking times
>>
>>68125217

Pure genius.

All original films with amazing visuals and tragic characters.

The only reason people dislike Elysium is due to the political message (which they ironically dont understand).
>>
>>68125217
They are all solid, well made films

District 9 is legitimately good, maybe even great
>>
>>68125217
>District 9
Legitimately great movie that still holds up

>Elysium
Good movie with great actionscenes albeit a bit hamfisted political message

>Chappie
The most enjoyable movie if you can stand Die Antwoord
>>
>>68125217

District 9 is goat

haven't seen Chappie

Elysium is mind-numbingly retarded and heavy handed, feels like a 12 year old wrote the script
>>
>>68125378
But the quality of the CGI is so good, it's worth watching just for that.
>>
>>68125263
Maybe when in a brain-dead state.
>>
district 9 doesnt belong with that other crap
>>
>>68125217
ive only seen district 9 and hated it because the main character was such a retard

how is elysium? is the message really so bad (i know its something about evil rich white guys vs poor beaners )
>>
South Africa is the shittiest place on Earth and so is everyone and everything that comes from it.
>>
>>68125217
>District 9
Was great the other two are mediocre I hope his Alien film turns out good
>>
>>68125611
How do they manage tough? Chappie only has a 49 million USD budget yet pulls off photo-realistic CGI, better than anything in a 200 million USD blockbuster
>>
>>68125687

>says the American

Oh sweet irony.
>>
>>68125673
Yeah the political message is retarded. It's basically "let all poor third world people in the civilized world" without anyt toughts about consequences

That said, it's worth a watch since the action is great and sharlto copleys bad guy is insane and really fun to watch
>>
>>68125728
Irony how?
>>
I loved District 9's combination of super advanced but grimy looking technology. And the way the story frames its aesop about racism not as a hamfisted diatribe about how we should all get along but one guy's journey of learning not to be such a selfish douchebag. Combined with the hyperviolent action scenes it made the whole thing feel really alive and new.

Maybe it was being under Peter Jackson's wing or just the passion of it being his first film but after watching Elysium and Chappie I feel like Neil has gone the way of Snyder in that he doesn't really have much going for him beyond his bag of tricks and fixations, both in his inability to write a decent straightforward narrative and the ability to take his admittedly good shots and string them into good scenes and then string those good scenes into a movie.

Like, I love how Neil can manage to make CGI really inhabit the frame and have all this weight to it, or how he can make his scifi technology really look like it was designed, built, and used by someone rather than a regular gun with glowy bits on it or an over-designed mess.
>>
File: nuttedbutshestillsucking.jpg (50 KB, 632x599) Image search: [Google]
nuttedbutshestillsucking.jpg
50 KB, 632x599
>>68125217
I don't understand the hatred for Chappie - Huge Jackedman was great. Nothing better than seeing a good Christian man wreck some gangster faggots while simultaneously laughing and cumming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi97rU-TZ_8
>>
>>68125673
>tripfag
>hating on Wikus van de Merwe
Kill yourself
>>
>>68125217
hack fraud

jackson held his hand and made his one ok movie for him
>>
>>68125892
Maybe because the whole idea of Chappie has been done before it's basically a violent version of Short Circuit
>>
>>68125454
it's basically your average white middle class nightmare coming true, allowing all the beaners to our benefits and fought by SJW warrior Matt Damon
>>
>>68125790

The US is a shit hole.
>>
District 9 was an interesting eye candy movie that everyone confused with being some brilliant film.

All his films are just as retarded as each other and there are still idiots out there who think an Alien sequel from him would be anything other than a piece of shit.
>>
>>68126026
Not as much as South Africa.
>>
>>68125539
Chappie was fun but those rappers were fucking awful.
>>
>>68126067
Guess I'm biased since I like Die Antwoord.
>>
>>68125309
Smartest man in the thread.
>>
>>68125892
So much meme potential and /tv/ completely missed it
>>
>>68126205
The problem was it was "die antwoord get a robot". I would have liked it if they had played proper characters, but they didn't and it stead hamfisted their band shit all throughout the movie. The jacket at the end was fucking atrociously obnoxious.
>>
>>68126365
Their stage personas are proper characters though.
>>
>>68125654
>not having such a high-functioning brain that it can partition part of itself to enjoy low-brow low-efficient media

Bazinga my man
>>
>>68126631
But not in this movie.

That's like saying Mr bean would be an appropriate protagonist for Chappie since he was part of Rowan Atkinsons stage act

>tfw no chappie sequel staring mr bean
>>
He's a very talented director, but he keeps remaking the same movie.

I would have liked to have seen his addition to the Alien franchise.
>>
>>68126723
I also want to add that he should never not cast Shartlo Copley in his films. They're great together.
>>
>>68126723
If he directed an Alien movie, this is how it would end up

>Alien somehow ends up in south africa
>more specifically the Johannesburg ghetto
>Starts killing niggers, facist white people doesn't care about black lives
>Sharlto Copley is a businessman that is involved with the cities robots and is dragged into this whole alien business
>By the end has to fight an Alien with a robotic suit
>>
>>68126820
>FOKIN XENOS
>>
>>68125217
His greatest strength is that he hires people who are good at their job and that he then let's them do their job without micromanageing shit he has no mind for.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.