[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this movie good or was I just too stoned to know?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: jd.jpg (102 KB, 486x720) Image search: [Google]
jd.jpg
102 KB, 486x720
Was this movie good or was I just too stoned to know?
>>
>>68122161
Book was better, but the movie's pretty cool on it's own. Just weird as fuck the whole way through.

I don't like their voice for the big bad though, Korrok I think his name was. The big joke on his character, and really the big joke as a whole, is that our universe can be fucked right in the ass by what's essentially an overpowered petulant monsterchild. He literally just has a 5-year-old's voice in the book.

I'll give Coscarelli this though: he gets the tone of the book down fucking perfectly.
>>
>>68122365
Can you recommend me something else to watch on Netflix movie man?
>>
>>68122509
In that similar cosmic horror vein? I'm not sure.

The book was inspired by Coscarelli's other works, Phantasm and Bubba Ho-Tep, so I'd recommend those. Probably not on Netflix though.

If you're looking for just straight up surreality I really loved The Double. If you liked the more comedic horror aspects I'd recommend Housebound or Grabbers.
>>
>>68122161
book is infinitely better
>>
>>68122161
Nah its a pretty great little cult horror film by a master of cult horror films.

It did a decent job of adapting source material, even if it had to cut out some parts I really liked (like the shadow people, or David repressing the memory of killing big jim, and monster dave).
>>
>>68122651
Oh most definitely.

Wish we could have gotten the Shadow People, the thing in Big Jim's Basement, separating Jennifer Lopez and Amy, etc.
>>
>>68122754
>>68122778
Y'know I'd say this is a hell of a coincidence but considering the topic it makes perfect sense that this happened
>>
>>68122615

Any movie will work, I just want something good to watch
>>
>>68122828
Oh.

In that case The Double should do you just fine.
>>
>>68122816
>dave vaguely remembers an alternate memory black pope in the early 90's
>I vaguely remember the same thing
berenstein fucking bears dude.
>>
>>68122972
I read this around the time I was getting off the high of reading House Of Leaves for the first time, so around that point I was just kinda jarred but wholly aware that humans aren't the only sentient creatures in the universe, nor are they the dominant ones.
>>
Watched this after reading the book and was overwhelmingly disappointed. No shadow people? Get fucked.
Should have been a TV series to fit in everything.
>>
>>68123575
A series may have been a bit much. The book is three short stories, the movie was pretty much the first half of the shitload/vegas story, and the last of korrok.

Corcarelli said to do the adaption he really wanted to do would have cost way to fucking much, which is why I think they didn't go with the vegas ending, or go too much into monster dave.

Also the book gets really dark, and that would have messed with the tone of the movie. I mean could you see dave admitting to getting raped in the locker rooms to Amy happening in this movie?

The book is basically the delusional fantasies of a fucking school shooter or is it? Which is why I like it, but the movie is great on its own merits.
>>
>>68123869
I think that was my problem with it, that it just chopped up story lines and rammed them together. It didn't feel complete at all.
The budget was definitely a serious problem that I can respect though, Vegas would have been ridiculous to put together.
The movie did the whole zany weed humour thing pretty well, but the dark tone is part of what made me love the book so much, every scene with the shadow people was pure horror gold. Would have been cool seeing Coscarelli take that on.
>>
File: spooky scary skeletons.jpg (39 KB, 352x370) Image search: [Google]
spooky scary skeletons.jpg
39 KB, 352x370
>>68124040
>the finale of "this book is full of spiders..."
>we find out who the shadow people are
>they're our souls
>>
File: 1459559051460.jpg (118 KB, 634x951) Image search: [Google]
1459559051460.jpg
118 KB, 634x951
I watched Under the Skin blazed out of my mind, and i actually enjoyed it. Recommend for other faggots that enjoy watching movies cooked.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.