[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the comfiest of the Star Wars movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 16
File: star wars episode 1 poster.jpg (62 KB, 506x755) Image search: [Google]
star wars episode 1 poster.jpg
62 KB, 506x755
Is this the comfiest of the Star Wars movies?
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 408x408
>>68122157
no, it's garbage. nothing with Jar Jar screaming in your ear and stepping on poop can be considered comfy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jmF900DHKk
>>
File: madcat.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
madcat.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
Star Wars - Episode 1: The Phantom Menace was literally a huge waste of time for everyone.

5>4>3>2>6>7>1
>>
Star Wars comfiness ranking:

IV > V > VI > I > III > II > vii
>>
>>68122157
5 > 4 > 3 = 6 >> 2 = 1 >> 7
>>
>>68122372
>Liam Neison didn't even want to come back as a force ghost for money
>>
>>68122372
>>68122435
>>68122498
>prequels better than VII

*slow claps*
*steps out of the shadows*
Heh... not bad, kid. Not bad at all. Your meme, I mean. It's not bad. A good first attempt. It's plenty dank... I can tell it's got some thought behind it... lots of quotable material...
But memeing isn't all sunshine and rainbows, kid. You're skilled... that much I can tell. But do you have what it takes to be a Memester? To join those esteemed meme ranks? To call yourself a member of the Ruseman's Corps? Memeing takes talent, that much is true. But more than that it takes heart. The world-class Memesters - I mean the big guys, like Johnny Hammersticks and Billy Kuahana - they're out there day and night, burning the midnight meme-oil, working tirelessly to craft that next big meme.
And you know what, kid? 99 times out of a hundred, that new meme fails. Someone dismisses it as bait, or says it's "tryhard," or ignores it as they copy/paste the latest shitpost copypasta dreamt up by those sorry excuses for cut-rate memers over at reddit. The Meme Game is rough, kid, and I don't just mean the one you just lost :^). It's a rough business, and for every artisan meme you craft in your meme bakery, some cocksucker at 9gag has a picture of a duck or some shit that a million different Johnny No-Names will attach a milion different captions to. Chin up, kid. Don't get all mopey on me. You've got skill. You've got talent. You just need to show your drive.
See you on the boards...
>>
File: image.jpg (866 KB, 1651x2194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
866 KB, 1651x2194
>>68122157
nah
>>
IV >>>>> VII > V > VI > III > I > II
>>
>>68122588
I was talking only about comfiness, not overall quality. Nice pasta though.
>>
the anticipation and waiting for it in line was pretty comfy experience
>>
>>68122622
GO THE FUCK AWAY YOU WEIRDO
>>
File: inaudible.jpg (3 KB, 113x125) Image search: [Google]
inaudible.jpg
3 KB, 113x125
>>68122588

>VII being better than anything, ever, in the history of mankind, until the end of times
>>
>>68122588
VII isn't even canon lmao
>>
>>68122886
>>68122919
When are butthurt EU-fags and 19 year olds who grew up with the prequels going to leave?
>>
File: tauntaun_sleeping_bag.jpg (19 KB, 400x483) Image search: [Google]
tauntaun_sleeping_bag.jpg
19 KB, 400x483
Phantom Menace being the most comfy? What the fuck are talking about?

>Empire Strikes Back
>Literally spends the night inside a warm, comfy Taun Taun body
>Dat whole ice planet Hoth hot coco feel
>hiding from empire inside an asteroid
>Boba Fett comfying out inside the space garbage
>Yoda's comfy-ass house

I mean this isn't even up for discussion anons.
>>
Yeah I think it is. Comfy doesn't make it good though.
>>
No, faggot.

Empire is comfiest.
>>
>>68123034
prequel hate is facebook/reddit tier. every millennial who just discovered star wars says they're bad because that's what everyone told them.
>>
File: image.png (575 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
575 KB, 800x480
>>68123274
nice boogeyman and ad-hominem

the prequels are shit films except for III. that one's alright.
>>
File: tumblr_o2pgpbUt871s7ur72o1_500.jpg (51 KB, 500x291) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2pgpbUt871s7ur72o1_500.jpg
51 KB, 500x291
>>68123065

This. Also 50% of the movie is spent on board the Millennium Falcon. In a good way. The Millenium Falcon is fly as hell.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4134x2362) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4134x2362
>>68123410
Bespin and Hoth are dope too.
>>
>>68123396
III was dreadful, it was just less shit than I and II.
>>
It's the only one I can imagine myself eating popcorn while watching. Take that as you will.
>>
Yes.
>>
I > V > III > II > IV > VI > VII
>>
>>68122157
i watched episode 2 yesterday and really fucking enjoyed it
>>
File: A guide to Star Wars.png (3 MB, 3099x1700) Image search: [Google]
A guide to Star Wars.png
3 MB, 3099x1700
I > III > V > II > IV > VI > VII

wesa no like da redditors
>>
III was comfy because of the memes, but for a serious answer, probably IV
>>
>>68126082
prequels were actually way deeper than the originals, this isn't even lying.
>>
File: 3f5.png (147 KB, 249x386) Image search: [Google]
3f5.png
147 KB, 249x386
>>68122588
> I mean the big guys
>big guys

4 u.
>>
>>68126082
This is 100% true once you take off the nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>68122157
it's pretty wizard
>>
>>68126082
DUDE

III and II are better than I just because of the technology alone, it allowed Lucas to realize his vision with much more power. Just look at how fucking vibrant Ep II is compared to the washed out ep I

good pic tho
>>
>>68122157
I'd rather get stabbed in combat by Ray Park
>>
>>68122886
But Mike liked it.
>>
File: yoda feelin the groove.jpg (18 KB, 492x369) Image search: [Google]
yoda feelin the groove.jpg
18 KB, 492x369
>>68122157
Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I think there's just something about the Endor forests...

But no, sorry, Yoda talking about the Force makes Empire the comfiest.
>>
File: InferiorBlushingErne.gif (4 MB, 400x253) Image search: [Google]
InferiorBlushingErne.gif
4 MB, 400x253
>>68126082
>Recommended reading
>Reddit
>>
V > IV > VII = VI > I > III >II
>>
7 brought absolutely nothing new to the table. If it wasn't for the Star Wars name it be just another forgotten sci-fi adventure flick.

As a whole, I would say 7 is a better movie than the prequels, but I loved parts of the prequels more than the entirety of TFA
>>
>>68123065
This. Empire is top tier comfy.
>>
>>68122157
Yes, The Phantom Menace is easily the comfiest Star Wars.

I might chill back and watch it tonight.

RIP in peace Jake "Now This Is Podracing" Lloyd
>>
>>68129869
Empire is fucking garbage. Whole thing is a fucking snoozefest outside the Vader fight at the end.
>>
>>68122622
Yeah, pretty much.
>>
>>68126082
>>68126082
>I
>Palpatine orchestrates conflict and introduces a threat to the federation for the political elite to unite over
>Jar Jar steps in poopy

>II
>Palpatine starts a full out war with the federation to instil fear and get support from the citizens of the federation
>Ani has a hardon for Amidala

>III
>Palpatine makes a consolidation of power move and takes over while the chaos is happening
>Ani butchers children to save his wife from dying; she still dies but still hes loyal to Palpatine just cause
>>
>>68129997
>thread about comfy movies
>bitching about "snoozefests" and preferring fights
I don't think you understand the concept.
>>
>>68129997
>snoozefest
What do you not understand about cozy?
do you think cozy needs stressful action?

>>68130297
this guy gets it
>>
>>68122205
Watch this version, fixes it and makes it great

https://youtu.be/KfQBdRcgizc
>>
>>68126082
Absolutelly this.
The OT is full nostalgia with cheap puppets and a bland cast of actors.
The fall into madness by fear or loss of a loved one is the pinnacle of greek tragedy and drama in general.
The prequels are not a pew pew blaster fest like the OT, but a sutile political rising of a new order, stepping the old ways of the jedi aside.
>>
>>68122157
Comfiness Ranking: Improved Edition:
WARNING: DOES NOT ACTUALLY MEAN QUALITY
IV > VI > V > VII > I > II > III
TFA is comfier than TPM because Jar Jar's annoyance takes some of the comfiness away.
>>
>>68130297
>>68130385
>confusing comfy and cozy for boring
No, Anon, Empire is boring, not comfy. A boring film, like Empire, will make you get up and find something else to do. That's anti-comfy.
>>
File: perso_plutt_unkar.jpg (15 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
perso_plutt_unkar.jpg
15 KB, 250x170
>>68126082
I'll pay you

Sixty portions for this image.
>>
>>68130250
He's loyal to Palpatine because the Jedi order couldn't save his mother from sand people. The Empire could
>>
>>68122157
Phantom Menace is maximum comfort.

I'm going to pop it on, curl up in my bed, and just chill.
>>
V > III > IV > I > VI > II >>>>> VII
>>
>>68130584
The prequels are so rich. Anakin is a truly miltifaceted character. The loss of a loved one is only one of many tributaries. Like Sophocles' Ajax, he's also a strong and proud warrior whose turn to madness is surely a partial product of his rejection by a cruel and unthinking military heirarchy.
>>
1. V, because its a solid movie with enjoyable dialogue, good effects and a powerful story

2. IV, for introducing the Saga, bringing something new and having very good character design especially Luke and Vader.

3. III, for being the most emotional, even though the poor acting breaks the immersion at times. Also has great design regarding ships and locations.

4. II, because of epic battles and material fights. Could be better if not for the piss poor acting and dialogue.

5. VII, some good action scenes but there is no character that isnt either a hypercharged Mary Sue (Rey obv.), a comical relief (Fin and BB-8) or a nostalgia factor to make people clap in the theatres. Kylo Ren is ok but they shouldnt have made him a scrawny teenager just to Bamboozle the audience when he takes off his helmet.

6. VI, because they saw what people liked about the first two parts and tried to smash it all into one movie with the only addition of teddy bears for comical relief. Save for advancing the story this movie is completely useless.

7. I, because its a literal trainwreck. The story is unbelievable and has tons of plotholes, the characters are not at all relateable and other than in the other two prequels there are very few well designed sets or vehicles. Doesnt help that it was made in a time where CGI was new enough for Lucas to want to implement it, but far from advanced enough to make anything good with it.
>>
>>68132717
>1. V
Except it has the worst story, worst pacing, least interesting action, least interesting visual effects, and worst ending of any of the Star Wars movies. You pretty much invalidate everything else you have to say by putting that turd at the top of your list.
>>
Watch this version, amazing how much of a difference jar jar not being a spastic makes on the overall feel of the movie. Cant get around that dumb kid shit though.
https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=KfQBdRcgizc&nohtml5=False
>>
>>68123274
except only millennials and ironic spergs like the prequels lol
>>
>>68132306
>III that high

You're funny.
>>
>>68126082
contrarian the image anyone who honestly likes the prequels should either stop trying to mess with autists or hang themselves
>>
>>68133111
>>68133177
search my trips and dubs you know it to be true
>>
>>68133111
Yep, but the other anon is still right.

Truth is, most people don't really care one way or another about the prequels. They're just fucking movies.
>>
>>68126082
This *is* bullshit, and anyone pretending to agree with it doesn't actually know anything about "the classics".

But it touches on truth. The prequels could have been great, they could have been political (although the whiplash from the Samurai-western original series to a political film would probably result in everyone hating it, let's be honest). They could have been a proper tragedy. But they weren't. They sucked. They had awful writing, awful acting, awful shoehorned stuff for financial reasons.

This picture deserves the dank /pol/ memes, though.
>>
>>68130442
How come this video is still up? Shouldn't it have been taken down by Disney?
>>
>>68135852
Fox still owns the prequels, Disney can't do shit
>>
>>68135884
Okay then, but why doesn't Fox do something against it? Or do they just not give a fuck anymore?
>>
>>68135962
they let Lucas make three movies, they never gave a fuck
>>
It's very close. If we're ranking them based solely on comfiness, I would say it goes something like this:

IV > I > III > VII > V > II > VI

If I'm ranking them based on actual, legitimate quality though, it's more like this:

V > IV > VII > VI > I > II = III
>>
I never saw III, just a few clips. From the clips it looked fucking awful. How come you guys think it's alright? I mean, I'm guessing they weren't representative or something.
>>
>>68136202
You should go watch it. It has some good scenes. The Obi Wan vs Anakin fight is pretty damn well.
>>
>>68136202
III is shit. It's also extremely cheesy though, which can make it a fun rewatch.

That's not why so many people like it though. The people who think it's the best of prequels or better than any of the originals think that way for one or more of the following reasons:
>Dark things happen like Anakin turning to the dark side and getting horribly burnt
>General Grievous is a super cool robot monster with four arms that uses lightsabers which is cool
>Fanboys love the scene where Sheev and Anakin hang out in an opera talking about Darth Plagueis because it "contributes to the canon"
>After sitting through a few terrible lightsaber duels(Yoda v Dooku, Anakin/Obi-Wan v Dooku, Obi-Wan v Grievous) the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan feels amazing
>>
>>68123065
>Empire
>The movie where Luke is attacked by a wampa and left for dead
>The movie where Luke is super uncomfy in a tiny hut eating weird shit that he can't eat and just looking annoyed
>The movie where Lando betrays them
>The movie where C-3PO is dismantled and shit
>The movie where Han is frozen in carbonite
>The movie where you realise that the big bad is actually your dad
>The movie where all hope is lost and the future is uncertain as the film ends on a sad note
>""""comfy""""
>>
Is there any way to watch the original episodes 4 to 6 online? I can only find special editions and later.
>>68136949
The things you find comfy are not very comfy.

Cozy IS comfy.
>>
>>68126082
>>>/pol/
>>
>>68122157
I like the way it looks.
That's about it. Lucas was always about cool looking shit, he's a terrible filmmaker
>>
>>68139193
noooooooo i need my safe space circlejerk
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.