[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look at that face. >That's not his face, the mask is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12
File: www.png (540 KB, 853x357) Image search: [Google]
www.png
540 KB, 853x357
Look at that face.

>That's not his face, the mask is his face

Heh. So Rorschach never really dies.
>>
he lives in us all
>>
>>68116982
Snyder did a really good job adapting Watchmen 2bh
>>
>>68117029
GOAT opening sequence, too.

Snyder can direct the fuck our of openers
>>
>>68117029
He did a terrible job. It was like he adapted it for the wrong reasons. Themes and concepts were underutilized for more violence and action scenes. The action scenes even kill the whole point that everyone but Manhatten is human, by basically making them all super strong, super fast, and super acrobatic. It makes the bullet catching sequence less spectacular because the whole point of it was a normal human doing something virtually superhuman.
>>
>>68116982
I actually really liked this movie.

Snyder did a damn good job with it.
>>
File: 1358458091739.gif (60 KB, 160x115) Image search: [Google]
1358458091739.gif
60 KB, 160x115
>>68116982
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAHwnaYrk0k
Goddamn this scene gets me hard
>>
>>68116982
true kino
>>
>>68116982
>heh
Oh for fuck's sake.
>>
File: splat.jpg (48 KB, 611x189) Image search: [Google]
splat.jpg
48 KB, 611x189
Nah he dies.
>>
>>68117067
he cut the best scene in the movie to make space for the awkward forced sex scene
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EZSj_UA9_u4
>>
>>68119326
The directors cut, Is the best comic book movie to date in my opinion.
>>
https://youtu.be/WAST139RPCo

The Comedian realised that the world isn't worth saving, even if it was, it was all just a bad joke. This guy is fucking based.
>>
File: bat dubs.jpg (16 KB, 552x376) Image search: [Google]
bat dubs.jpg
16 KB, 552x376
>>68119435
Capekino
>>
>>68117029
For 20 minutes, and then the movie's quality fluctuates rapidly. Its very obvious Snyder didn't understand why things were included in the comic, and this shines through with the film adaptation of things like Bubastis.
>>
>>68116982
Why doesn't this guy get more roles? I fucking loved him in this and he nailed Freddy Krueger.
>>
>>68119137
>his blood splatter looks like a Rorschach image
bravo snyder
>>
>>68120269
That's in the comic. The film recreates most of the comic shot for shot.
>>
>>68119326
the feels, fuck.
>>
>>68120550
Lol no it isn't. Snyder made that up
>>
>>68117224
This, THIS
>>
>>68117224
Shutup faggot.

>>68120550
>>68120911
Y'all are both cucks.
>>
File: CAM00649.jpg (4 MB, 4208x3120) Image search: [Google]
CAM00649.jpg
4 MB, 4208x3120
>>68120911
Literally stop
>>
>>68121129
The blood splatter looking like a Rorschach is kind of interesting as an addition though, since it sorta ties into how Manhatten sees time, and almost culminates the entire identity that lead Rorshach to become the image of the Rorshach pattern. It was always his destiny to end as a Rorshach blood pattern in the snow. It's kind of poetic in the context of it all.
>>
File: retard.jpg (123 KB, 460x631) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
123 KB, 460x631
>>68121129
>the left looks literally like the right
>so sh-shut up you cucks

Lol stop posting. They don't even look remotely the same. Hell, its not even the same perspective.
>>
>>68116982
i don't know why i cried with the comic-book when Rorschach gets caught inside the house
>Walked right into it! Stupid, stupid, stupid! Never surrender
>>
>>68117029
agree
Yesterday while discussing it I realized how retarded the
>muh alien ending
>Snyder doesn't understand the source
fanboys really are.
>>
>>68117224
>"hey, hey kid"
>"see these fat slobs who can barely fit in their shitty superhero suits?"
>"yeah, the same ones who can't even get an erection"
>"those guys can't do shit against a nuclear threat"

Gee, whodathunkit? Atleast Snyder made them seem like they were capable of doing something in the first place.
>>
>>68121456
>implying I'm saying they look the same
Leave it to a cuck to be a fucking retard.
>>
>>68121738
>cuck
Nice retort faggot. When I said Snyder was making "it" up, I was referring to the Rorschach splatter, Not the fact he died. If you disagree with that, then you are implying they look the same.
>>
>>68121562
I really liked how one of the cops called him a faggot when they caught him. It was one of the two instances of the word 'faggot' in the text and neither of them made it to screen. Pitiful
>>
>>68121642
>>"see these fat slobs who can barely fit in their shitty superhero suits?"
But that was the whole fucking point you goddamn retard.
>>
>>68121932
I understand exactly what you were saying in the first statement, but that does not change the fact that you and the anon that initially responded to you are both cuckolds.
>>
>>68122233
What point?
>>
>>68122356
The point of the book

The relationship of people, Americans in particular, with superstition
>>
>>68122422
What does being overweight have to do with superstitions?
>>
>>68122453
It's the idea that someone can assume a persona that immediately indicates them as a being more grandiose than an average human

The book shows us the actual humans who strive to fill these roles and it is really really important to the themes and tone of the work
>>
>>68122514
This is the same as the movie. I don't understand your complaint.
>>
>>68116982
The Theater cut is lame but the Directors cut is really good. most of his changes with the characters made more sense for the movie, and didn't really take away.

But anyone complaining the Comic book ending was better are pretty fucking daft
>>
>>68122514
Getting too complex for me champ. Explain it as if it was a Nolan movie
>>
>>68122554
>same as the movie
Maybe, but it's not as salient or as interesting or as good in the movie
>>
>>68122628
The movie is pretty clear that every hero is very human. I'm not sure how you missed it.
>>
File: Nothing Ever Ends.jpg (86 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
Nothing Ever Ends.jpg
86 KB, 500x334
>>
>>68121579
Learn how to greentext, tourist.
>>
>>68122554
how can it be the same as in the movie if the movie has the characters fight kung-fu and turn other people into blood splatters? Ugh, fucking annoying how people made superficial readings of Watchmen and go on defending the movie.

Its fine if you like that piece of garbage, just shut your fucking face before saying it's faithful
>>
the only character this movie comes close of getting is Dr. Manhattan, the fact that stupid assholes like OP even like Rorschach shows how people misunderstand Watchmen.
>>
Watchmen apologists are the worst kind of trash of this board
>>
>>68122855
that's advance green texting you n00b
>>
>>68119326
this just annoys me because it shows that syder DID get the idea that they were meant to be regular people doing stupid shit, and that the fight scenes shouldn't have been glorified like they were. i guess that was just WB forcing him to put in unnecessary action because they liked 300
>>
>>68122777
>every hero is very human
That is only a fraction of the point. The movie's most resounding and unforgivable failure is that it fails to present us the same world built by Moore, a world so worn down and fraught with ineludible destruction that it desires an icon to believe in, or else a universal enemy to despise. It's more than just "look at these pathetic people who think they are heroes, they have become fat and old and addicted to cigarettes, how interesting". It's the failure of mankind to produce anything capable of making people hope for a world that can evolve beyond the pettiness and near-sightedness that plagues us even today. The inelegant characterization and poor casting in Zack Snyder's film is just a portion of the many things that undermine this theme.
>>
>>68123063
No one forces snyder to shoehorn in action set pieces and slow motion fights. That's his one go to trick.
>>
>>68122554
No it's not. Rorschach has extreme fighting abilities. Nite Owl II and Jupiter take out like a billion prisoners
>>
>>68122962
>the fact that stupid assholes like OP even like Rorschach shows how people misunderstand Watchmen.
Moore has been bitching about this since the comic.

Of course he fucked up by making Rorschach be the character that ends up being right about everything all along.
>>
>>68121579
>muh alien ending
But the movie ends just like the comic
>>
>>68123151
but he understood that he shouldn't put them in, why would he go against the source material (which he respects) and just throw them in
>>
>>68122903
What does being able to punch people have to do with anything? Do you think people are defined by their inability to fight well? They are all still very human characters with very human problems and very human shortcomings. Why you're so hung up on them being able to throw a punch, I've no fucking idea.

You're just like the comicfags who couldn't get over Raimi's Spider-Man not designing his own webshooters, acting like minor details somehow ruin the character.
>>
>>68123071
That was all in the movie. I'm not sure what you're talking about.
>>
>>68123193
The complaint is that the specific reason it is a giant alien squid monster from outer space is because the threat MUST appear to be the work of an extraterrestrial threat so that the world would band together.

The destruction being caused by Manhattan, who was basically America's secret weapon that "won" the arms race isn't going to unify people against an external threat, which means the whole "world peace" problem wasn't solved.

I understand WHY they made the change, practically speaking, but its just one of the million minor points that the movie misses, and the whole point of the source material is that EVERY MINOR POINT IS IMPORTANT TO THE OVERALL STORY.

It would be like if you made rashamon, but just showed everyone what really happened, and not waste everyones time repeating ourselves.
>>
>>68123338
>That was all in the movie
Maybe, but it's not as salient or as interesting or as good in the movie
>>
>>68123266
Throwing a punch is different than breaking walls and limbs with punches. and yes thats important.
>>
>>68123374
Except that Manhattan wasn't America's weapon anymore, and you'd have to be a literal retard not to understand that. He absolutely works as an external threat.
>>
>>68123492
No, it isn't. The characters in Watchmen are not defined by their fighting ability.
>>
>>68123517
Not in my opinion, especially considering he's a glowing blue Herculean figure. The international community within the universe is not as familiar with the real Dr. Manhattan as the reader is.
>>
>>68123517
Why was Dr. M America's weapon in the first place, anon? It doesn't make much sense knowing what M is capable of.
>>
>>68123608
And considering the "international community" would have already had to acquiesced to a degree of American global sovereignty by allowing American energy reactors to be built on their soil
>>
>>68123608
He literally blew up American cities as far as they knew. So like I said, you're a literal retard for thinking that the "international community" wouldn't view Manhattan as an obvious external threat.
>>
File: watchmen_movie_image__37_.jpg (130 KB, 600x274) Image search: [Google]
watchmen_movie_image__37_.jpg
130 KB, 600x274
>>68117029
Watchmen and Man of Steel are two of my favorite movies of all time which is why it really annoys me to hear people call Snyder a bad director. There was more going on in BVS than he could fit comfortably into a 2.5 hour movie (in large part because it was also setting up for future movies, which is unfortunately a bit of a disservice to a film itself when they do that), but as a director he's quite competent.
>>
>>68123672
would already have had to have acquiesced* jesus English is complicated sometimes
>>
>>68116982
i liked this movie
i loled when he killed the miget, though i dont understand what happened in that scene, just a toilet overflow?? wtf
i wonder if he was heightening?? haha little seinfeld joke for u
keep the change kid
>>
>>68123730
the movie sucked, but this is true. They tried to do way too fucking much to fit in a regulkar length theater movie. A real long cut of this move would likely make it go from a 4/10 to an 8/10
>>
>>68123730
He's a terrible director. He doesn't understand blocking or pacing, has a child's grasp on theme and subtext, and relies on his visual effects teams to elevate his movies out of the dumpster.
>>
>>68119326
Everyone talks about how sad this scene is, but its kinda exactly what oldowl wanted. He missed the old glory days when he could crush it on the weekends, and this gave him his last hurrah. I mean, it also is meant to show that all his life was little more than just guys beating eachother up for no good reason, and that his past accomplishments were no better than the fight he was in, but still
>>
>>68123792
talking about BVS in this post
>>
File: 6269_front.jpg (430 KB, 1653x2223) Image search: [Google]
6269_front.jpg
430 KB, 1653x2223
>>68119435
I've never seen the ultimate cut. To my understanding it's not Snyder's definitive edition since it's just longer and the animated parts aren't entirely necessary, but I regret not having gotten to see it. One of my friends in college owned it and I could have borrowed it.
>>
>>68123807
>relies on his visual effects teams to elevate his movies out of the dumpster

Part of being a good director is trusting the people under you to do their jobs well, and working with good people who you know can execute your vision well.
>>
I think a definition of a successful director is: are your movies entertaining and do they make a profit
some are more successful than others, but if people are going to your movies and they are profitable then you are a success in my eyes, but does this apply to Zach?
Zach is a boys name, and this is a man's game
>>
>>68123374

>
The destruction being caused by Manhattan, who was basically America's secret weapon that "won" the arms race isn't going to unify people against an external threat, which means the whole "world peace" problem wasn't solved.

I know exactly what you mean, and you're not wrong, but that's just not what happens in this movie. Russia doesn't throw a fit, Manhattan being responsible doesn't change the effect of Ozymandias' plan in any way from. I know it's 'intelligent' to take a critical view of anything, especially an adaptation, but it's odd to me that people who intimately understand the original work will throw out that so many scenes do work, and willfully disallow the source material to occur in parallel with the adaptation. You know what the work is about, it honestly seems like you'd have to revolve your opinion and understanding of the movie around knowing that a man named Zack Snyder created it. I find movies with these imperfections are better experienced forgetting that a human made them. The critical eye is not useful unless a film is critically immune. Watchmen has problems, but it's honestly a great work for what it is, if you're not trying to figure out why the human who made it is imperfect.

Though Watchmen's themes do revolve around skepticism of heroes, so it does invite that type of criticism.
>>
>>68124162
You seem like a smart guy, and I feel bad that you feel you have to defend such an ugly and poorly made film. It is precisely because the original work feels so human that I feel that certain specific humans must be brought to account for the disaster that the movie was. The highest praise I can give to it is that it was mostly coherent. I see the movie as a tsunami of bad decisions and poor taste being effected on the unassuming public. That the movie was "pretty okay" or did a "pretty okay job" of adapting the source material is not ameliorative or comforting.
>>
>>68124437

I think the difference between you and me is that I view any adaptation as something tertiary that happens on top of the original project, that can only attempt to add on to the original or show it in a different way, but in no way can ruin the original. A trash piece of shit cartoon based off of the best book in the world can't ruin what makes the original good, and the Watchmen being consistent and delivering good adaptations of certain scenes is quite honestly a miracle. A bad scene is bad, sure, but when I'm already so close to the original I find it easy to remember the original instead of the movie's bad scene, in enjoying future scenes that reference it. I'm not saying Snyder is competent or clever, but Watchmen works along with it's superior source material.

Also thank you, I'm very flattered.
>>
>>68123820
it's pretty meh
>>
>>68123820
if only there were websites where you could download movies for free... maybe some day.
>>
>>68116982
If there's one thing the movie did right, it was making Walter and Dan's friendship believable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as2UGe92zJU

In the comics, you kind of just have to take the writer's word for it.
>>
>>68126893
I really dug that too. In the comic it almost seemed to me like Dan only puts up with Rorschach because he doesn't know how to get rid of him. They really did have a convincing friendship in the movie, though, and it made both of them seem more human, including Dan's reaction to Rorschach's death. It really came across as someone whose best friend had just been killed-- maybe Dan had never even considered Walter that before that moment, and it took his death to make him realize it.
>>
>>68117333
>YOU'RE SHTUCK INSHIDE HERE WITH MEEEEEE
>>
>>68119326
What? I saw this in theaters and it wasn't cut. Unless you're talking about the black freighter.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (299 KB, 1859x951) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
299 KB, 1859x951
>>
>>68123071
you're not making a very strong case because having the characters can be competent at fighting and it doesn't undo any of that

all the characters in the film are still very human, very flawed, and they still fail to inspire hope, to be an icon people can believe in
>>
>>68117067
Dawn of the Dead opener is fucking GOAT. The opening credits immediately afterwards was the cherry on top.
>>
>>68121275
>>68121129
>the scooter in front of the window looks like a clock
Bravo Moore
>>
>>68123670
Osterman was American so I guess he saw it as a good use of his new powers. It was only over time that he became more and more distanced from humanity.

One of my favourite lines is "It didn't kill Osterman... did you really think it would kill me?" because it shows he's become so distanced from the man he used to be that he considers himself to be a different person altogether.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.