[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atmospheric horror movie thread post some horror movies that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: mothman.jpg (22 KB, 299x444) Image search: [Google]
mothman.jpg
22 KB, 299x444
Atmospheric horror movie thread
post some horror movies that are focused on creepy atmosphere/mystery and not stuff popping out

Pic related
>>
The Glimmering
>>
The Witch
The House of the Devil
The Blair Witch Project
The Antichrist
Misery
Lost Highway
>>
>>68116469
sssssSSSSAAAAAACHAPSTIIIIIIIIIIICK
>>
mothman prophecies is a really eerie creepy movie, I've always been surprised how unknown it is. i think the critics at the time went too hard on it. it's one of the few movies that actually creeped me out.
>>
File: NervousManSweating.jpg (98 KB, 343x317) Image search: [Google]
NervousManSweating.jpg
98 KB, 343x317
>>68116469
>the phone call scene
>>
>>68116469
The Mothman lore really gets to me, so I was expecting more of a supernatural monster movie. But I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. Not what I was expecting, but still very creepy.
>>
>>68117919
That scene is legitimately terrifying.
>>
>>68118045
there's a whole bunch of creepy scenes in the movie. when the guy starts talking about how he couldn't go to sleep one night then starts hearing something screaming out of his sink pipe scared the shit out of me. I like how they didn't show the scene, he just talked about it, way more effective than showing it.
>>
Watched this at 2am... Was a BAD idea.
>>
Dark Water, the jap version not the remake.
>>
>>68116469
The area between Athens, OH and Parkersburg, WV is a miserable, creepy place. This movie captured that perfectly.
>>
>>68116469
This movie sucks wouldn't even call it horror movie feels more like a thriller.
>>
>>68117851
this. i enjoyed it
>>
>>68119239
well no shit.

it's not like people are getting gutted and hung
>>
Just marathonned the intro of Mothman Prophecies

What am I in for?
>>
>>68117795
>>68117795
>>68117795
>>68117795
FUCK YOU THERE GOES MY NIGHT
>>
>>68117851
A time when even horror/thrillers that were panned at least had a semblance of originality. Of course there's shit like The Witch and It Follows but those are less concerned with be legitimately frightening. But this trend of tense buildup movies like The Invitation is so boring to me.
>>
Mothman Prophecies is one of those movies I wrote off for forever without seeing but then happened to see after a friend died from a drug thing that left me with survivor guilt and it really fucking hit home on that front as well as being legitimately, pleasurably fucking terrifying. Best part was it was early morning and as the movie following Pleasentville.
>>
>his name is Indrid
>Indrid Cold
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.