[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BLOOD MERIDIAN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: The Judge.jpg (111 KB, 795x1005) Image search: [Google]
The Judge.jpg
111 KB, 795x1005
>He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and in shadow and he is a great favorite. He never sleeps, the judge. He is dancing, dancing. He says that he will never die"

Who should play the Judge if anyone?

Could Blood Meridiant be made into a film despite it's violent, racist and slow paced narrative?
>>
Bump. We are going to have a good discussion about this book.
>>
I think it would be a very pretentious film if it tried to mimic McCarthy's prose

I kinda don't remember the plot to the book that well, just that the kid grew up and was killed by the judge hugging him
>>
File: goodman.jpg (25 KB, 591x489) Image search: [Google]
goodman.jpg
25 KB, 591x489
>>68114172
>Who should play the Judge if anyone?
>>
>>68114404
It could be done as a film, just that about 1/3 of the book is very descriptive scenes of the desert and travels of the Glanton gang.

A miniseries would work well in order to capture the full extent of the imagery.

There is also the chance that Holden never killed the kid - he simply 'caught him' and the missing girl at the end was raped by both Holden and the Kid, Holden having finally tainted him fully.
>>
>>68114404
The judge probably raped him to death in the outhouse, although it's possible The Kid didn't die as the reaction from some onlookers is inconsistent with the reactions to death in the entirety of the rest of the book. Then again, that could just be a sign of how the West was becoming more civilized.
>>
>>68114172
>violent, racist and slow paced narrative

That basically describes The Revenant so...
>>
File: tom noonan.jpg (22 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
tom noonan.jpg
22 KB, 400x294
Roger Ebert always said Tom Noonan should play it.
>>
>>68114585
Except The Revenant was a pointless movie with roughly 90 minutes of completely pointless symbolism
>>
>>68114526
>
It could have been becoming more civilized, the epilogue possibly alluding to that (telecom lines being planted).

However, as I said - >>68114523

It could very well be Holden finally corrupting the Kid as the kid doesn't kill or act out int he book unless it is needed.

I am in two minds: He may have raped the bear girl with the Judge and the Kid may have been the man outside the jakes after ward having a post coital piss as he says 'I wouldn't go in there' - casually as well, calm just like Holden would do.
>>
File: noonan.jpg (74 KB, 630x1200) Image search: [Google]
noonan.jpg
74 KB, 630x1200
>>68114638
>>
>>68114638
Yes!
>>
>>68114687
>>68114702

He looks to scrawny to play Holden - The Judge is 24 stone remember. He's a 7 foot tall powerhouse, he's not human ffs.
>>
James Franco shot footage of Mark Pellegrino as the Judge, as part of a project to try and get the rights to the film.

Granted he doesn't fit the visual of the Judge, but Pellegrino would be interesting in the role. Especially since he could pull off the sort of bipolar nature of the character as far as being charming one moment and then violent/rapey the next.
>>
>>68114772
So get the Warcraft CGI animators to flesh him out a bit.
>>
Lena Dunham would make the perfect Judge Holden.
>>
I don't think a film would be able to capture the raw emptiness of Blood Meridian. It's one of those works which can't really be adapted to film format.
>>
>>68114827
Aye physically the Lost guy just looked like an average bald dude - Holden is a whole othe rball game - hairless, 7 foot, pure white skin, muscular, black eyed and all round imposing.

Perhaps Vincent D Orifno (or whatever he is called ) who plays Kingpin could play him with less weight and a little more muscle.
>>
>>68114945
A miniseries would be better I think: it'd be able to give a few minutes an episode to the silent landscape traversing of the gang. To have ti a few times in a movie however would trigger Normies.
>>
>>68115012
That would work better for the pacing and structure for sure, but I still think the story just wouldn't work in any visual format. There's no real point to the story beyond violent compulsion which is something that makes for good reading, but a fairly dull thing to see on screen.
>>
File: vlcsnap-903224.png (198 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-903224.png
198 KB, 624x352
>>68114172
>>
Just go with an unknown.

>tfw when you spoke to tommy lee jones for an hour on the phone once and briefly discussed blood meridian, which he owns the rights to the script to (or something, may be more complicated than that)
>>
>>68115012
Maybe 3, 90 minute episodes - but nothing Band of Brothers length
>>
>>68115381
Nah, he looks more like a hermit.
>>
>the Judge is supernatural
>anyone attempting to play him will look like an asshat

Just leave one of my favorite books alone please.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.