[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Poster - 12 Angry Men_03.jpg (2 MB, 1539x2370) Image search: [Google]
Poster - 12 Angry Men_03.jpg
2 MB, 1539x2370
Is this any good?
>>
I never got the hype for this. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but there are plenty of superior black and white 50s movies. Why is this the only pre-1970 film most have seen?
>>
>>68112901
>there are plenty of superior black and white 50s movies

The fact that you think these are the defining characteristics of this film just shows how much of a cancerous pleb faggot you truly are.
>>
Fucking amazing. Acting is so good you forget the whole movie barring about 2 minutes takes place in one room.
>>
>>68112969
Lol. Look at any "best movie" list compiled by a /tv/ or /r/movies-tier site and 12 Angry Men is the only movies from its era on the list.

There are other great movies from the same decade, yet this is the only one most people seem to be aware of. I don't get it.
>>
The lack of women/PoC makes it a bit bleh, but I think it still holds up okay.
>>
this is one of the movies that fuels my limited location fetish

but it's important to understand that the legal system can't function in the manner depicted
>>
>>68113095
>There are other great movies from the same decade
So which one is it? The decade or the facts it's in black and white? First of all, color had been around for a while in film. Second, pretty sure other films made in the 50s regularly make the lists, and I don't even have to talk about Kurosawa or French New Wave directors. Think Hitchcock.
>>
>>68113095
It's well shot and well acted though.
>>
Liberal preachy nonsense.

Meme characterization. I mean really, they don't have identities, they have labels, wimp, racist, indifferent, etc.

Complete characterization of the jury system. if anything even approaching this jury's behavior happened in real life, a mistrial would be declared and the boy would hang the next go around.

Never ending bullshit just to extend the running time to feature length, cause there aren't many actual concrete facts given about the case, that would mean there'd be actual substance to debate, can't have that.

r/eddit: The Old Flick.
>>
File: 1450298721014.jpg (85 KB, 1044x713) Image search: [Google]
1450298721014.jpg
85 KB, 1044x713
>>68113401
pfft.
>>
>>68113401
>Meme characterization. I mean really, they don't have identities, they have labels, wimp, racist, indifferent, etc.

good job at contradiction yourself

the fact that you can label them means the characters were properly fleshed out
>>
>>68113325
>>68113374
I think you misunderstood my post... I'm not bashing the film at all. It's just a random choice for the one "old" movie everybody has seen.

My question is, out of the hundreds great 50s movies to choose from, why is this one the most popular on here?
>>
One of my favorite movies OP.

It's impressive having an entire movie filmed within a single room. Very comfy movie to watch in my opinion.
>>
>>68113666

I label you an lazy braindead faggot.

There, see how fleshed out you are?
>>
>>68113401
>they have labels, wimp, racist, indifferent, etc.
most people IRL aren't that deep and have their mind pretty set in stone about serious issue
>>
>>68113986
why so salty

relax, it's just a film
>>
>>68114117

I've actually been in a murder trial (we were just a few doors away from the room where OJ happened), I assure it's absolutely nothing like what this movie shows. There are multiple flagrant violations in this, not least bringing a concealed knife into the deliberation room.

There's a reason it usually takes a couple of days to sort out a verdict, there's a lot of procedure involved that doesn't allow for uninhibited emotion. We had people that weren't really 'deep' (a bus driver, hotel maid, music producer), but they were as committed as anyone else cause we all wanted to go home and be done with it.
>>
>>68114473
no one ITT was arguing about the legal validity of the movie's trial

I don't know what you're arguing for. The characters were pretty shallow but there were fucking 12 of them, good luck fleshing them all out in 100 minutes or so
>>
>>68114473
this movie isn't about legal procedure at all though so that's a strange complaint
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.