[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Lincoln-movie_wallpaper.jpg (237 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Lincoln-movie_wallpaper.jpg
237 KB, 1280x1024
What went wrong?
>>
File: pol explains race relations.jpg (101 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
pol explains race relations.jpg
101 KB, 1920x800
Nothing.
>>
>>68111489
nothing really, it received universal acclaim.
>>
>>68111489
it was good although I would have liked to see lincoln actually winning an argument without him telling one of his goofy anecdotes
>>
>>68111602
how do you win an argument against slavery tho
>>
>>68111602
Those anecdotes were comfy as fuck though
>>
He got shot and it ended his life.
>>
>>68111602
"You're going to tell one of your stories! I can't stand to hear another one of your stories!"
>>
>I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people [...]

>[...] and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race
>>
>>68111489

He freed the slaves.
>>
>>68111769
This. Actually a super comfy film in retrospect. DDL was literally perfect, and the scene where Tommy Lee Jones recks is one of my fave scenes. It's dry and slow in parts but it's great
>>
>>68111812
He did that to save his skin and get less flack for the decision. He could openly come out and say black people are equal, it would have been a race war. He realised it would be a slow process
>>
>>68111812
We know. The issue with slavery was that it would just cause another civil war in 50 or 100 years, and had to be eliminated. It wasn't about equality, though even people who thought black were inferior felt slavery was ultimately too cruel.
>>
>>68111926
or maybe he really thought that
>>
>>68111602
By all accounts that's what he did all the time
I also liked how DDL made his voice high like it really was, not some booming baritone
>>
>>68111489
freeing the salves

or are you talking about the spielberg flick?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.