[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished marathoning the British version, is this worth a watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Just finished marathoning the British version, is this worth a watch?
>>
Season 1 2 and 3 then quit
>>
>>68111440
You already wasted your time enough
>>
>>68111440
is the british version worth watching?
>>
>>68111440

the first season or so is almost identical, which makes it interesting just out of curiosity. its like watching amdram or students do a script. after that it grows into its own thing and its really enjoyable. later on its just your typical american show where they run out of ideas, throw every barrel scraping "zany" joke they have in just to fill a script to running time.

worth% / 10 tomatoes.
>>
>>68111702
British version is truly patrician. US version is decent, but noticeably designed to appeal to the pleb crowd.
>>
US is faaaaaaaaaaaar superior
>>
>>68112239
This is either bait, or you are an honest to god pleb. I'm being serious, the US version is a lot broader and more sitcom-y, and while it's not necessarily pleb-tier in and of itself, only a true pleb would prefer it to the original.
>>
After S1 it's an entirely different show so keep that in mind.
>>
Maybe it's because I don't work in an office/cubicle, but I find this show to be a snore-fest.

I don't get any of the jokes and it's overall boring.
>>
1st couple of seasons of the US were very unwatchable for me because it did just adapt the original. But after that they do their own thing and add other characters.
>>
>>68111440
yes. but if i were u i would wait a few months before i start watching. as other anons said the first 2 seasons are too similar and gets kinda hard to get through.
in my opinion the US characters are superior to the UK ones. with the exception keith > kevin
>>
>>68111702
>British
>""""""""humour""""""""
no
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.