[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So the general consensus on /tv/ is that this will suck and it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: warcraft_ver8_xlg.jpg (776 KB, 800x1186) Image search: [Google]
warcraft_ver8_xlg.jpg
776 KB, 800x1186
So the general consensus on /tv/ is that this will suck and it will flop.

Why?
>>
>>68110629
saw it at preview

its amazing, movie of the year
>>
>>68110629
Because it's a videogame movie and the trailers look like shit.
In fact, everything that surrounds this movie smells.
>>
>>68110629
They might just try too hard to make this movie a totally epic fantasy retelling of something like the civil rights movement.
That's the vibe I'm getting anyway, that they're going to try too hard with this movie like they do with their video games or disney with star wars. It's going to be pg13 isn't it?
>>
File: pepe evans.jpg (6 KB, 188x252) Image search: [Google]
pepe evans.jpg
6 KB, 188x252
>it's a ''WE TOTALLY GOT IT GUYS, WE UNDERSTAND THE FRANCHISE AND WE ARE FANS, THIS VIDYA MOVIE IS NOT GOING TO SUCK'' episode
>>
>it's a "no guys youtube makes the cgi look bad i swear!" episode
http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/04/08/if-you-think-the-warcraft-movie-looks-terrible-it-might-be-youtubes-fault/#2ec5a0bc77d0
>>
>>68110767
Apprently it has some gore, since the orc's blood is green.
>>
If Duncan Jones can't make a good video game movie, then no one can.

Pack it up. Video Game movies are dead.
>>
>>68111080
He seems pretty passionate about it and comes off angry at the marketing team. The movie might end up being decent after all.
He is a good director and he has been working 3 years on this shit, leaving his other projects behind so he might have faith for this.
>>
>>68110649
What was shown in the preview?
>>
>>68110981
>Science Says Superman Should Be Black
My sides
>>
>>68111239
WE WUZ MANS OF STEEL N SHIT
>>
I don't care what normie tourists think. Based Duncan will give us the warcraft movie we deserve.
>>
>>68111080

He probably could with the right game but warcraft has been a cluster fuck because of blizzard
>>
File: mannoroth.jpg (35 KB, 580x251) Image search: [Google]
mannoroth.jpg
35 KB, 580x251
Will we see the drinking of the Blood of Mannoroth at the Throne of Kil'Jaedan?
>>
>>68110629

I'm going to say that it sucks, in hope that I'm proven wrong
>>
Warcraft killed Bowie
>>
>>68111080
What aboujt Matthew Vaughn?
>>
>>68111486

No, cancer killed Bowie.
>>
>>68110629
I've never played the game or anything like that, but I'll watch the film. I like fantasy shit. If it's better than the hobbit films, I'll be pleased
>>
>>68111276
zowie
>>
I dont know, but saying its going to be shit because historically the vidyafilm genre has been shit isn't valid.

Other video game movies were tossed out on minimal budget and tried to coast off of the pre-existing fanbase that the video games already had. Except for a few key exceptions, vidyafilms were steeped in no-names.

But Duncan Jones is, like, a real person. And Legendary fucking Pictures is the production company, and Universal is distributing.

Its not the fake movie kinda movie that video games are usually adapted into. I dont see how people can possibly still be making this argument.
>>
>>68110629
That poster bugs me.
They forgot to make Garona green. Now she just looks like some chick with a bad dentist
>>
>>68110629

That's what /tv/ says about EVERY movie
>>
>>68110629
>lorefags hate it because is not canon
>normal people say is a shitty copy of lotr
flop of the year
>>
>>68110767
They can get away with a lot at PG-13, especially in this since orc blood is green so they can show some stuff. PG-13 is not a bad rating anyway nowadays, do people not realize TDK was PG-13?
>>
>>68110767
It won't be like that at all, you'll see. The trailers do a piss poor job of showcasing the movie I agree, but they're misleading, and at the same time it's kind of good they're not spoiling the whole movie.
>>
No reason for me to see it.

I never played WoW growing up.

I feel like I missed out.
>>
>>68110981
Have you seen the lossless version though? It's actually a lot better
>>
>>68114573
True, but the movie is made for the general audience more i think
>>
>>68111293
The game being a clusterfuck is irrelevant to the story. They're adapting an ultimate version of the first war and the books on it are pretty good. And with Duncans ability to write a good screenplay it definitely has the potential to be good.
>>
Beside a good story all i really want is good soundtracks for the movie, CGI doesnt really bother me that much all it needs to do is just hold regular standard
>>
File: 1459438692310.png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1459438692310.png
1 MB, 1024x1024
>Ratchet and Clank and Warcraft will save the vidya movie genre

This is not up for debate
>>
>>68111514
It is.
>>
>>68112063
That's the old poster, the new one fixed it.
>>
>>68114573
That doesn't really make sense, you don't need to have played the games to chill with a good fantasy movie. Same way you don't need to have read the books to watch 75% of movies based on books.
>>
>>68114750
People who have attended pre-screenings have notably said the soundtrack is great.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.