[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If he's a half-breed himself, then why does he want to kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
If he's a half-breed himself, then why does he want to kill mudbloods? Shouldn't he kill himself first?
>>
He wants to kill mudbloods because he hates that part of himself, but he would never kill himself because he's afraid of death
>>
>>68109011
Hitler wanted to kill the jews even though he was half jewish himself. It's pottery bruv
>>
Why didn't he just imperius people in the ministry?
Why did he create only 7 horcruxes?
Why did Flamel just kill himself? Was he stupid?
Why didn't lots of dark wizards just go after Flamel to get the stone?
>>
>>68109260
why didn't he just fly the fucking eagles to mordor
>>
>>68109011
>white male Democrat voters exist despite nothing positive coming to them

Some people just hate themselves
>>
>>68109260
>Why didn't he just imperius people in the ministry?
He did.

>Why did he create only 7 horcruxes?
He's a superstitious fucker and wizards think 7 is a magic number.

>Why did Flamel just kill himself? Was he stupid?
The dude was old as balls and fucking bored with life.

>Why didn't lots of dark wizards just go after Flamel to get the stone?
Nobody ever said they didn't. The dude was a powerful, effectively immortal wizard and Dumbledore had his back though, so it was probably a tough proposition.
>>
File: 1410504562077.gif (876 KB, 355x325) Image search: [Google]
1410504562077.gif
876 KB, 355x325
>>68109202
Harry Pottery
>>
Why did he always attack Harry Potter at the end of the school year?
>>
>>68109427
Also, there were 8 Horcruxes, he just only intended for there to be seven.
>>
>>68109011
Why didn't someone just acquire a firearm and shoot him in the fucking head? One bullet from a Glock would have put this guy down.
>>
>>68109011
it goes off the falsehood commonly accepted as truth by the uninformed that hitler was half jewish, which he wasnt

its all another lazy nazi reference and voldy was actually dolfy
>>
>>68109427
>He's a superstitious fucker and wizards think 7 is a magic number.
>be dark wizard
>want to be immortal
>could create 100s of horcruxes out of random pebbles that nobody would ever find
>nah, let's make 7 out of well known magical items instead

>The dude was old as balls and fucking bored with life.
Love this meme. Let's hope he doesn't have an immortal soul, otherwise he'll be bored for very long.
>>
>>68109474
Guns are highly ineffective weapons, you can't even deflect a bullet (or a spell) with one, swords are so much better
>>
>>68109011

Jesus, the amount of grey/green filtering in the last four movies gives me a fucking headache. The picture was so dark I felt like I was watching a camrip in the theater.
>>
>>68109456
>Sorceror's Stone
Voldemort's plan was to spend the entire school year planning his heist of the stone, which included figuring out how each trap worked without anyone figuirng out he was posessing Quirrell. This took him all year, and he had no idea that Harry was onto his shit and followed him through the dungeon.

>Chamber of Secrets
A fragment of Voldemort's soul who only knew of Harry through what Ginny had told him manages to succeed in luring her into the Chamber so he could reconstitute himself with her life, a process that took a whole year of subtly influencing and possessing her. Once again, was not planning for Harry to show up at the end, but was also not expecting his giant fucking snake to get rekt either.

>Prisoner of Azkaban
Voldemort does not appear in this story.

>Goblet of Fire
Voldemort's plan revolves around Harry winning a sports tournament that naturally occurs close to the end of the school year.

>Order of the Phoenix
He'd been trying to steal the prophecy all year with no luck, and finally decided to just manipulate Harry into retrieving it for him. Accessing Harry at the Dursleys is hard, so if he didn't do it at the end of the year he'd have to wait until the fall.

>Half-Blood Prince
Draco's one job that year was to kill Dumbledore, and after constantly fucking it up it forced the Death Eaters' and Snape's hand so they attacked the school at the end of the year.

>Deathly Hallows
Harry spent a year on the road killing him piece by piece and the last pieces that weren't Nagini or Voldemort were at Hogwarts. Voldemort was onto Harry's shit at that point and naturally decided to end it right there.
>>
>>68109628
shut up
>>
>>68109202
I don't know how OP could have possibly missed this. Voldemort is the most blatant hitler allegory imaginable.
>>
>>68109474
>>68109581
Rowling straight up said that an average muggle with a shotgun can wreck a wizard. But it wouldn't have helped against voldemort because horcruxes.
>>
>>68109924
>Voldemort's plan revolves around Harry winning a sports tournament
Jesus Christ
>>
>>68109202
>Hitler wanted to kill the jews even though he was half jewish himself
this is false, that was just allied propaganda.
>>
>>68109545
Voldemort is like a serial killer psychopath

his totems weren't just his vessels for immortality, they needed to be special and personal.

like he didn't even give a shit about the resurrection stone being a deathly hallow, what was important was that it was a family heirloom associated with one of his victims
>>
>>68109260
>7 horcruxes
i think they say something about horcruxing yourself divides your soul and life. It takes a lot of life energy to do so, so I think 7 was his natural limit
>>
>>68110000
digits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also kek
>>
so why does voldemort have a nose in the first movie in the back of the turban dude? did they fuck up?
>>
>>68109994
Well, it would help. He has a finite amount of horcruxes, and he has to take a lot of trouble to regain physical form after a death.
He can always make more horcruxes I guess, not sure how far he can go before he's a frail husk (given the physical effects he's already felt with the 7) but even so, it seems like guns would be effective at keeping him at bay at least
>>
>>68110151
It wasn't a nose. They explain in the book that Professor Quirrel (the turban dude) had a third nipple on the back of his head right in the middle of Voldemort's face.
>>
>>68109260
>Why didn't he just imperius people in the ministry?
He did. It was rotten to the core.

>Why did he create only 7 horcruxes?
Creating a single horcrux is said to be hard as balls. Making 7 is seemingly impossible, and is probably the reason he looks the way he does, losing his humanity with each creation.
>>
Why didn't he just shoot the Horcruxes out of orbit into space?
>>
File: weybay.gif (1 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
weybay.gif
1 MB, 288x288
>>68109202
>Voldemort was supposed to be Hitler
>Muggles were jews

How the fuck did I miss this?

>>68109260

Couldn't you only make seven horcruxes or something and they all had to be an object of significant value to the host or something?
>>
>>68110233
thank you anon, made me kek
>>
>>68110000
It was actually a pretty good plan, the government and bystanders were so distracted by the spectacle of the tournament and the press of having harry involved to really be concerned, harry was too distracted by the tournament to figure out who entered him in the first place, the presence of former death eater igor karkaroff distracted everyone from the real mole being a guy everyone thought was dead disguised as a prominent magic cop working for hogwarts, and dumbledore was so convinced that the plan was for harry to die in the tournament (since it was so dangerous and harry was underage and inexperienced in higher magic) that it never occurred to him that voldemort's plan all along was for harry to win.

by the time harry grabbed the trophy, he was in voldemort's clutches and there would have been no time to figure out what actually happened.
>>
>>68110388
s o what kept voldemort from just shooting everybody in that school? classic american school-drama
>>
>>68110446
Well, he did attack the swchool several times.

But Voldemort didn't want to kill all the students or even destroy Hogwarts. Hogwarts is one of the few things Voldemort genuinely cares for, it's the only place he ever felt at home in.

Shit, he didn't even want to kill the half-bloods. He just wanted to cleanse the magical children of muggle-only parents.

The situation in Deathly Hallows is exactly what he wanted the whole time: his own agents running the place, teaching a Voldemort-approved curriculum. In fact, before and after the big DH battle, the guy bent over backwards to try and get Harry to give himself up so he wouldn't have to kill more students than he really had to. If it wasn't Hogwarts, he would have just killed them all.

Besides, the dude was so terrified of Dumbledore that he had to have Snape kill him.
>>
>>68110388
>>68110691
Cool it with the excuses for shit writing.
>>
>>68110355
>Couldn't you only make seven horcruxes or something and they all had to be an object of significant value to the host or something?
No, those were both idiosyncrasies of Voldemort. He personally chose 7 because that's supposedly a magical number (and it's better protection than just 1). And he picked things that are important to him and to magical history because he's egotistical. He could have turned some old boot into a horcrux if he wanted.
>>
>>68110000
QUADS!!!!!!!
>>
>>68109581
>Guns are highly ineffective weapons

Yeah, they're so ineffective that if you wish to wage any kind of serious conflict with anybody, you HAVE to use one. Pulling a trigger and ending somebody's life in a heartbeat is actually incredibly effective.
>>
>>68109924
>Voldemort does not appear in this story

Yo what the fuck
How did I not notice this
Why is the best Harry Potter the one without Voldemort
>>
>>68110791
Rowling may be a mediocre writer but all this shit is in the books

In Chamber of Secrets, we see an extended flashback where Voldemort begs to stay at the school (where he had just murdered a muggleborn with the basilisk) over the summer because he hates going to back to the orphanage. He gets told no on account of the murder, and then he frames Hagrid to fix it and then refrains from using the chamber again.
>>
>>68109456
He didn't want to interfere with their education. He wasn't all that bad of a person.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (88 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
88 KB, 900x506
>>68110355
The movies made it even more blatant than the books. By the last one the Death Eaters were walking around in red armbands just to make it extra clear they were Nazis.
>>
>>68110806
My bad. I haven't read it in a while now. Thanks for clearing it up.

>>68111959
I stopped watching after four. That's probably why I missed it. Thanks anon.
>>
>>68111959
They were literal KKK hood wearers in 1 movie and they forced them to tone it down.

Shame because I thought it was a rather good costume, even if its a bit on the nose, I think they also had some tiny cool little mask, so it wasnt a full hood.
>>
>>68112119
In Goblet of Fire they had the KKK hoods and a little skull mask. In the next few they switched to regular cloaks and metal masks that covered their whole face.
>>
>>68109011
What would even happen when a person with a horcrux was "killed"?
>>
>>68110317

This; put a bubble on your head, apparate to a cave on Mars and leave it there. Done.
>>
File: file.png (108 KB, 1858x320) Image search: [Google]
file.png
108 KB, 1858x320
Everybody says there is this MAGIC problem. Everybody says this MAGIC problem will be solved when the muggle world pours into EVERY pureblood wizard schools and ONLY into pureblood wizard schools.

Everybody says the final solution to this MAGIC problem is for EVERY pureblood school and ONLY pureblood schools to “assimilate,” i.e., interlearn, with all those muggles.

They say they are anti-voldemort. What they are is anti-pureblood.

Anti-voldemort is a code word for anti-pureblood.
>>
>>68110110
>>68109260

Also for that "GOOD LUCK IM BEHIND 7 HORCRUXES" meme
>>
>>68109545
because its explained in detail that splitting your soul up too many times is dangerous as fuck.
voldy doing 7 is fucking amazing, the next time he accidently made an 8th it blew his body to pieces.
>>
>>68109545
>Love this meme.
Dude people get bored with life at age 20 or 30, super young and depressed and just bored. It's actually quite interesting that the guy who created an immortal stone and lived a great life just said 'fuck it' and wanted to die and ''move on''.
>>
>>68111791
He also doesnt show up in Half Blood Prince. But alot of his backstory is shown through memories.
>>
It's never directly said how horcruxes are made, but it's implied that what happens is the person making the horcrux possesses the victim just before murdering them, so when the killer's soul is torn it can be caught and manipulated into a container.

One of the more horrifying aspects of this is that the last thing harry's mom probably ever heard was voldemort laughing through harry's mouth
>>
>>68116015
Voldemort and the monster inside Harry's stomach are pretty much the main characters of that book
>>
>>68109260
sorry who the fuck is flamel lol?

been awhile
>>
>>68117208
me
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.