[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Is this any good?
>>
>>68107335
fucking cancer i swear
>>
>>68107335
If you are into space horror like Alien, it is quite good. Not perfect, but good.

If you are into Warhammer 40k, take it as a prequel to the Imperium of Man discovering the Warp.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 960x1440
Better movie
>>
>tfw you are super excited to see this based on the premise and the cast
>tfw you read about it in movie magazines for months beforehand
>tfw when you finally see it you're like 'meh' because it was generic as shit and kind of wasted a bunch of great actors and its premise
>tfw it develops a cult following and people act like it's some amazing movie

I really don't get it, it's like people saw the movie I saw in my head when I saw the trailers and magazine articles, and not the actual mediocre movie that was actually released.
>>
>>68107335
>>68107445
These movies are both just half-baked visual ripoffs of Alien, where the director's trying to become the next Ridley Scott.
>>
>>68107335
its very good.
>>
>>68107539
Well that's because they probably saw the extended version, with 40 mins of cut content including more scenes of hell coming through the black hole.

Also, another reason may be that Warhammer 40k fans think that it is based in the same universe.
>>
>>68107648
It's a haunted house movie set on a spaceship, more gore isn't going to make it better.
>>
>>68107627
event horizon was nothing like alien, i haven't seen pandorum though.
>>
I love Event Horizon, but that's nostalgia talking. Luckily it escapes the usual bad acting you get in any scifi/horror work and isolates it to certain actors. Awesome setting, good plot.

>>68107627
Kinda'. Pandorum has massive flaws but somehow ends up being enjoyable.
>>
>>68107539
>I really don't get it

as a kid, it scared the fuck out of me. visions and images of hell haunted me for weeks.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.