[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The blatant improvisation in episodes like "Rixty Minutes"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
The blatant improvisation in episodes like "Rixty Minutes" is my favorite part of this show. How many times have you ever seen a fucking cartoon do improv? That is so ground-breakingly spectacular.
>>
Dr. Katz and Home Movies.
>>
>>68106959
>ground-breakingly spectacular

Now I remember why Rick and Morty fans are cancer. I like the show, but holy shit man.
>>
>>68106959
>bazinga remember this pop culture reference well we do facebook reddit lmao get it? its wacky and random therefore its good! - the show
SOUNDS GUD 2 ME OP!
>>
This was the worst episode of the fucking show, you moron.
>>
>>68107028
>>68107039

EDGY
D
G
Y
>>
>>68106959

I think my favourite episode would still have to be the Shapeshifting parasite one.
>>
>>68106987
FPBP

Home Movies is just the loosest framework of plot and nothing but improv.
>>
>>68107008
true, their fans are really ruining it for me
>>
>>68107257
>opinion differs from reddit hivemind
>PFFFF ALRIGHT EDGELORD VIRGINS HAHAHA
>>
>>68106959

Just like Community, the demise of this show will be due to its dependence on callbacks.
>>
lmao more like reddit and memey
>>
I like it more than most of /tv/ but you really need to not say this kind of shit man
It's like when TD S1 was on and people were quoting the 'tragic misstep in evolution' speech in full with buzzwords like 'ground-breaking', just don't
>>
I've done quite a bit of improv and I really disliked those episodes. Even brilliant improvisers are more consistent writers than improvisers because your ideas can only be so good when working on the spot. Good writing will always have a better structure than good improv, but what improv lacks in structure it makes up for in the fun of live performance. But if you record improv, it all the risk goes away and it's like what the point?
>>
>>68106987
never heard of em
>>
File: image.gif (610 KB, 250x273) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
610 KB, 250x273
>>68107379

>Le reddit hivemind meme
>everything that I hate is reddit
>>
>>68107008
This

Improv in a cartoon can be good. But you make five minutes of your episode random, stuttering banter I feel like your writers are slumming it when they can't script out a whole season. They're either smoking way too much or not enough to lean on the improv. Once or twice? Cool. More and more off script work each episode: your writers are hacks. And I like this show.
>>
>>68108186
Go on reddit and say "Rick and Morty is not the best cartoon ever made." and see what happens.
>>
>>68108436
You do realize reddit is just as much of a cesspool as this place?
>>
>>68108942
Yeah but on here everyone is anonymous and people's "opinions" aren't dictated by imaginary points.
>>
>it's a parents heavily hint at divorce and their marriage failing episode

It was heavy enough in the first season but they just kept with it. Why?
>>
>>68108436
Rick and Morty is not the best cartoon ever made.
>>
>>68109106
No, you're supposed to say that on reddit, not here. Did you even read my post, you troglodyte?
>>
>>68109006
There's plenty of band wagoning here, slightly less echo chamber because of the unambiguous identities.
>>
>>68106959
>How many times have you ever seen a fucking cartoon do improv?
for a good reason. The episode was awful lol so random trash.
>>
>>68106959
I have this picture as a pillow case.
>>
>>68109165
not him but
>thinking this isn't reddit
>>
>>68107376
>other people's opinions ruin something for me
>I can't ignore other people
literally why lol
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.