[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did this movie get good reviews?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: itsuks.jpg (9 KB, 260x390) Image search: [Google]
itsuks.jpg
9 KB, 260x390
why did this movie get good reviews?
>>
Because it's pretty good.
>>
>>68106280
It's really not
>>
>>68106377
k
>>
>>68106280
this
>>
>>68106377
>Why did it get good reviews?
>Because it's bad.

Oh.
>>
bitching soundtrack
>>
>please tell me how to explain to people why i liked this film: the thread
>>
>>68106441
The only good part was when the mom crazy and fucked her son or something like that, the rest was just boring
>>
>>68106558
that never happened though
>>
File: 1435883602360.gif (671 KB, 156x190) Image search: [Google]
1435883602360.gif
671 KB, 156x190
>>68106558
>The only good part was when the mom crazy
>and fucked her son or something
>>
>>68105846
film critics tend to watch and enjoy more than one genre of film. if you're exclusively a horror person, it'll will bore the shit out of you, but it's an absolutely top-notch coming-of-age film
>>
>>68106670
more like coming of-pleb film
>>
File: it-follows.jpg (63 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
it-follows.jpg
63 KB, 612x380
>>68105846

Points for originality? As far as horror movie monsters go, this one was fairly beatable. Of course you'd spend your life looking over your shoulder, but if you were willing to do some morally reprehensible things, you could absolutely sacrifice others to save yourself.

Soundtrack was great.

I was also pretty happy with the casting and the setting. I'm a sucker for horror movies that take place in suburban middle America AND get things right. Like, for example, I liked the first Scream movie, but the actors and sets never felt like real American suburban teens to me. It felt like watching 30-year-olds act while on elaborate sets. Whereas with Halloween, even the Rob Zombie remake, honestly, you felt like you were watching the lives of real people in a real small town play out in front of your eyes. It Follows got this part right.
>>
>>68105846
Because it's the best horror movie of recent years.

Non cliché, intelligent, excellent camerawork, symbolism, philosophical ideas, great atmosphere and an amazing soundtrack.

It has elements of refn and lynch.
>>
>>68106670
If you're exclusively a horror person you are a disgrace and your opinion has no value whatsoever anyway.
>>
>>68107474
Horror is the best genre.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.