[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so it was all a dream? if that's the case then it was a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: mulholland-drive.jpg (230 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
mulholland-drive.jpg
230 KB, 800x600
so it was all a dream?

if that's the case then it was a really cheap twist
>>
Or was it magic?
>>
I used to read word up magazine
>>
File: 1460238332973.gif (703 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1460238332973.gif
703 KB, 245x245
>so it was all a dream?

I think you misunderstood the movie, it's a post-modern statement about the irrelevance of life, identity and looking for a meaning.

When movie starts it's just a simple 90s movie with some inspirations from 50 movies like the amnesia, the characters are laid out to you but David Lynch never tells you how any of it ends.
Instead it sarts to tear itself down to its foundations, you see what the movie is build upon and how the characters are made.
It's a very harsh way of punishing you for wanting to have all the plots explained, that's why you hear "no hay banda, silencio" or "there is no band, silence."

Characters finding those blue keys or the box it must be used on are a plotdevice stripped to their bare minimum but the characters never get to use it and the viewer never gets to see what it is that they unlock for the characters.
It is instead recycled over and over again to make it very clear that there is no end to this movie and there never will be.
>>
no, the guy in the club was the devil. she made a deal with him to change reality
>>
File: images[1].jpg (31 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
31 KB, 400x600
>Movie called Mulholland Dr.
>Theres no doctor in it

Bravo Lynch
>>
>>68104935
>movies men will never understand
>>
>>68104935

I jacked off to this movie twice in one sitting. David Lynch is a genius.
>>
All of David Lynch's movies are dreams or follow dream logic.
It's why his movies are so weird and disconcerting. Saying the "twist" is it was a dream kind of misses the point. You just have to know beforehand that you are watching a dream/nightmare play out on screen.
>>
>>68105454
Wasn't one of the guys at the party a plastic surgeon or something?
>>
¡LLORANDO!
>>
>>68104935
The true plot twist is that the whole narrative is a bunch of nonsense wrapped up in a way that makes it look like it's not.
>>
>>68105360
Most of the movie is actually a dream.

The blonde bitch wants to kill her Ex-GF because she cuckqueened her and basically the entire dream is her projecting herself as her former lover basically justifying the murder is various ways and finally accepting what she did.
>>
>>68105667
Isn't it open to interpretation though?
>>
>>68105731
Of course, but I think it's stupid to not say most of this movie wasn't a dream.
>>
>>68105786
I didn't feel like it was a dream, care to explain how you got to that?
>>
>>68104935

What I don't understand is that some of the "real" scenes still seem like a dream. Especially the dinner scene. Like why does Camilla kiss that girl if she's marrying the director?
>>
>>68105786
stupid to say*
>>
>>68105801

One of the opening scenes is a shot zooming into a pillow
>>
>>68105854
Also there's a point where Watts wakes up to her neighbour asking for her ashtray or whatever the fuck she borrowed.

Plus for some reason I have a memory of a lot of these scenes having those "soft edges" kind of like in dreams if that makes sense.
>>
>>68105801
"Oh this all feels like such a dream!!!"
-Diane
>dat subtlety

Brava Lynch

BRAVA
R
A
V
A
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.