[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Six Feet Under worth watching, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: s811015.jpg (11 KB, 250x145) Image search: [Google]
s811015.jpg
11 KB, 250x145
Is Six Feet Under worth watching, /tv/?
>>
>>68103544

Yes.
>>
>>68103544

Yes. Don't expect action or anything. It's a pretty grownup show.
>>
>>68103544

Yes, but I never knew why it's considered one of the best of all times when, especially in the third and fourth seasons, it gets uneven as hell.
>>
>>68103544
Watch this scene. It's from the first episode, and is a good example of the type of humor throughout the show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMpAWLjcKTQ
>>
Is Nate the ultimate Just Fuck My Shit Up character?
>>
File: Nate_fisher.jpg (15 KB, 300x394) Image search: [Google]
Nate_fisher.jpg
15 KB, 300x394
>>68103741
Nate was the guy Don Henley would always sing about.
>>
The fascinating thing is watching it and seeing what was perceived as being radically liberal and representative of liberalism when today it's downright conservative by comparison to the fanatical leftism we have just 10-15 years later.
>>
>>68103592

Wasn't expecting action, the premise just seemed a bit quaint compared to, say, Deadwood or BWE or something.
>>
>>68103829
There's a lot of relationship stuff to be honest, but it's done in a very realistic manner. Also, it's a show about dealing with death on a daily basis. Every episode starts with someone's death.
>>
It's very good and depending on what stage of life you are at it can mean different things to you.

Just be warned, like 99% of shows it takes 3-5 episodes to work into a groove.
>>
>>68103623
It's one of those shows that hooked people early on with a unique premise and edgy situations, then rambled off into character arcs when the premise played out.
>>
>>68104111
And I bet you weren't even a teenager yet by the time this show ended.
>>
>>68104195
You're wrong, but you've definitely impressed us with your maturity in casting aspersions on anyone that doesn't share your opinions.
>>
>>68103544
Totally!!
>>
I loved the show, but I concede it's incredibly dated, very anti-Bush about a liberal family in a liberal world. But surprisingly it showed how fucked up that lifestyle could be. Watch it if you are interested in a well-acted soap with very high production values, which is probably what it is.
>>
>>68103544
If you like Alan Ball's flavor of sincerity (which honestly feels fake to me), you'll like it.
>>
>>68103968

Is there anything it can be compared to?

I guess I don't want it to end up being too much like a more realistic version of the James/Donna parts in Twin Peaks, which are fine in the context of the show but relatively uninteresting on their own.
>>
>>68104726
To be honest, Twin Peaks is not a bad show to compare it to. One season opens with a character "trapped" between life and death and it's a very Twin Peaks-type of moment. There's also many absurd/surreal/grotesque fantasy sequences that every character has. Half the show's humor comes from those sequences.
>>
File: DamagedDamagedPeople.gif (2 MB, 436x246) Image search: [Google]
DamagedDamagedPeople.gif
2 MB, 436x246
It's also a dirty little LA satire.

>my weed costs $200 an eighth!
>>
>>68104873
>dat scene
I loved the dynamic between the three siblings more than anything else.
>>
>>68103623
>>68104111
I was the opposite. I found the first series a real slog, left it a few years before watching the rest and loved it.

I think my biggest problem with the first series was that most of the characters are pretty horrible people. Not in a major way, they're all just pretty self centered. But by the end that kind of made sense, as I loved them anyway, as they all grew as people, and their selfish tendencies really made sense as part of bigger much more fleshed out characters.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.