[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10
File: batman-v-superman.png (806 KB, 970x645) Image search: [Google]
batman-v-superman.png
806 KB, 970x645
What went wrong?
>>
File: DC fag suffering.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
DC fag suffering.png
255 KB, 770x711
Nathing, it was awezome! It was just 2 dip 4 U!!!
>>
>>68095404
they cut 30 mins...
>>
>>68097106
>implying Snyder didn't know full well that they would never let the theatrical release be 3 hour long and that was intended for the extended cut all along

Seriously, this meme that WB fucked the movie by cutting it needs to stop.
>>
>>68095404
Wonder woman was miscast. Besides that not much. Doomsday should have been a generic hybrid monster. My friends hate that it was designated as doomsday. I loved it actually..the movie...
>>
There was a post with a pink haired girl discussing this movie earlier. Anyone got the link?
>>
They tried to cram a bunch of shit into one movie so they could skip over the 'cinematic universe' aspect of their cinematic universe.

Also, Goyer is a hack who wrote exactly one good movie and was given the charge over a multi-billion dollar empire because of it.
>>
>>68095404

I think it's the best superhero movie I've seen other than Spiderman 2 so I was really happy with it but it seems everyone else hates it so fuck me right
>>
>>68097106
DCuck in denial
>>
Zack Snyder
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 600x960
>>68095404
We wasn't ready!
>>
File: peach tea.jpg (58 KB, 640x326) Image search: [Google]
peach tea.jpg
58 KB, 640x326
Nothing I enjoyed it. I enjoyed the symbolism a lot

None of you seem to understand the amazing satanic/pagan undertones of Luthors scenes.

Most obviously he constantly talks about biblical events as if they are happening right now. Gods/Demons he speaks that as if they are interchangeable. He even calls Supermans mom a Witch. His monologue their was great.

The part I first realized this was his blood ritual with Zods body. The scene was shown as some super space tech that changes zod but it was truly a horrific ritual basically taking ones soul.

He literally does a sci fi style Séance in the deleted scene communinicating with a demon like general from apocolpyes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s

I love this mess of a movie. The demonic imagery reminds me of Childhood's End a wonderful novel if you don't know of it. The aliens in it are depicted as what western society views Devils, they even use a Ouija board to communicate. Creepy great stuff.
>>
The only good bit is the tyrant Superman and that lasted 5 minutes top.
>>
people just hate what they can't understand
>>
File: truth.jpg (2 MB, 1746x4245) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
2 MB, 1746x4245
2 smart for u
>>
>>68098773
it's not goyer's fault. it's zack the hacks fault.

imagine if nolan was directing these movies?

easy 90+RT score, 8.8imdb, and 1.6 billion box office.
>>
the problem is superman for me. Superman should be inspiring, this one made me want to kill myself. Batman was ok, but when you have sad supermen, you have to make Batman twice as edgy and murder people
>>
File: image.png (310 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
310 KB, 750x1334
>>68095404
>Including Wonder Woman.
>Jarring inclusions of Justice League scenes.
>Not making Superman likeable.
>Not contrasting Batman with Superman well enough. (Really it wasn't a Black vs White, it was Grey vs Greyer.)
>Shitty Lex Luthor.
>The 2nd trailer giving away a good majority of the plot.
>The actual Batman Superman fight only lasting about 5-7 minutes.
>Doomsday.

Really if they just made this a simple, bare bones Batman Vs Superman, with Lex Luthor pulling strings in the background, it would've made for a great movie. Unfortunately we got this jumbled mess.
>>
>>68099015
truth
Also the feels man, the feels was the first thing that drew me in.
>>
>>68099148

emotionally battered superman is best superman

emo hardcore
>>
It had a plot that normies couldn't follow because of 'bad editing' which is codeword for callbacks and there being several different paths. It had 'poor motivations' that every character spent several scenes talking about. It wasn't 'fun' because I didn't laugh during a movie about the after affects of a demigod wrestling match in a major city. It was 'not muh batman' because he used guns and killed people even though he's one of the villains in the movie. It was 'not muh superman' because he was 'dark and grim' even though the best stories about superman is when he is tried emotionally and not physically.

It was literally too much for the plebs.
>>
>>68099445
>It had a plot that normies couldn't follow
Anyone got BvS excuse bingo image? Top wew DC this is the new Catwoman/Green Lantern/Jonah Hex
>>
>>68095404
They crammed in too many stories.

>Batman meets Superman
>Death of Superman
>Justice Leauge set up
>Darkseid set up
>Injustice set up
>>
>>68099518
Excellent retort comrade, many upvotes!
>>
>>68099518
I forgot about those aside from green lantern. Fuck you for making me remember those.
>>
>>68095404

>Superman's second movie
>literally kill and bury him
>>
>>68099570
This. too many stories, too much useless symbolism trying to be 'deep', then blowing its load in an overly cgi action fest with about as much disjointed action as a transformers movie. The flaw isn't even the fights themselves its just everything feels forced. Lex forces Batman and Superman to fight for 5 minuets. Lex forces the Trinity to team up to beat doomsday. Nothing happens for valid reasons other than paranoia and set up plot devices that could've been solved without resorting to violence.

The fact they had the idea to kill superman after only just 2 movies makes no sense. Like having Superman stop the Batmobile to give a warning to an armed and dangerous man only to fly off. There's a lot of scenes that look cool but logically are stupid. That was basically the whole movie to me.

I enjoyed the movie, but its no more than a 6/10. Thats at best.
>>
File: SNYDER.jpg (630 KB, 1200x841) Image search: [Google]
SNYDER.jpg
630 KB, 1200x841
>>
>>68100034

Except the DCEU is not capekino

DC A SHIT
>>
>>68095404

did Snyder set out to fuck up literally every character intentionally or something?

>Lex Luthor is cartoonishly evil for no actual reason
>wants batman to kill superman but doesn't help him and actively withholds kryptonite
>fucking gloats "oh now the earth is vulnerable to threats lol" once Superman dies

why the fuck would that make him happy?

>Superman is terrifying and depressing

>Batman is an insane murderer who uses guns and carries a fucking branding iron

>Doomsday is made with Zod's and inexplicably Luthor's DNA mixed together

why the fuck would he do that?
>>
>>68100268
>It's not muh superman
>It's not muh batman
>It's not muh lex

Marvelfags are the worst.
>>
File: Homerrr.jpg (56 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
Homerrr.jpg
56 KB, 500x385
>just got beaten by The Boss in theaters
I guess the movie did bleed after all.
>>
>>68100350
>It's not muh superman

because depressing and scary looking Superman is what EVERYONE loves right?

Snyder needs to read all star Superman and rethink his life
>>
File: Fool indeed.png (318 KB, 1224x699) Image search: [Google]
Fool indeed.png
318 KB, 1224x699
Do you think someone got fired for this?
>>
File: A ruse is all.png (386 KB, 1161x596) Image search: [Google]
A ruse is all.png
386 KB, 1161x596
>>68100489
How does someone get a job like this? I wanna spew bullshit too.
>>
>>68100489
>>68100561
NOONAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI9kz8vslNg
>>
I give the movie like a 6/10

Zack Snyder might be autistic or something. His visual style is beautiful but the boy is dumb, plain stupid.

His comments on Batman's "manslaughter vs murder" are laughable and fundamentally wrong. I bet, that during internal screenings, any argument against it was downplayed by citing "Well we got away with it in the previous movies!".
His overusage of symbolism in nearly every scene takes away from the emotional core of the characters by bombarding the viewer with imagery.
Funnily enough he doesn't understand the symbolism of Batman's moral code in the American consciousness, though.
Looking at his post-Watchmen movies, and how lovingly he adapted that comic book panel-for-panel, it seems like that his main pleasure from that was solely in the grappling the themes instead of taking any lessons from Alan Moore's dialogue.
Superman staring into the distance with a frown on his face in a Jesus pose is not communicating what he thinks it is to the audience.
In the original teaser, the "Do You Bleed" worked perfectly as they stood to face each other, but its the actual movie scene was almost cringeworthy.
Likewise, the mini YouTube trailers and the extended dream sequence of future movies really stood out as inorganic and forced, stealing a whole 20 minutes away from the plot of the movie right in front of them.
Terrio was hyped up as the man cleaning things up, but what we got is a lot worse than the leaked draft from a year ago.
I don't know if Terrio having a script all to himself will improve Justice League but I don't have my hopes that high.

BvS was sposed to be the kick-off but now Suicide Squad has to put in the work to give us an Iron Man instead of an Iron Man 2
>>
>>68095404
not enough quips or cultural references
too much villain screentime
no pointless post credit scene with a punchline to a joke said earlier in the movie because there were no jokes!
>>
>>68098773
what did they cram exactly? all the symbolism? because the security footage and knightmare barely takes 10 minutes of screentime and the movie spends 2 hour cockteasing the damn fight
>>
>>68095404
Not releasing the full film in its 2 part glory in the same year (march pt1, June pt2).
>>
Are people joking when they say "it crammed too much into the film" ?

The justice league bit was about 3 minutes of screen time. Wonder Woman was too much? That's all I can think of.

I don't watch an Xmen movie and flip out because it has more than 2 mutants in it.
>>
>>68099030
Nah, man. While I like Dark Knight Rises, it could have been better with some plot lines cut. BvS is like twice as plot-heavy as DKR and nothing could have saved it. Like the anon said, they crammed in too much shit. Everybody knows Batman, why have an origin story shoved in? Or future franchise characters? Or hell, even Doomsday should have been cut. Amazing Spiderman 2 was shit precisely because they crammed too much shit into it, and not have a solid main plot.
>>
>>68101202
It literally stuff 5+ comic plot lines and a Justice League/Injustice set up into the same movie.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.