[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bowling For Columbine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: bowling.jpg (215 KB, 1469x1112) Image search: [Google]
bowling.jpg
215 KB, 1469x1112
I know /tv/ hates Michael Moore and anything remotely 'liberal' but is Bowling For Columbine objectively a good documentary? Also do you agree with Moore's assessment of Dylan and Eric's motives?
>>
>Michael Moore
>Accurate fact based documentaries
Really dude?
>>
>>68092747
It's pretty decent but I despise his voice. If he didn't narrate his own shit it might actually be watchable.
>>
>>68092747
Fuck no. It's manipulative, dishonest and several scenes are staged.
>>
>>68092840
This

For example, when he gets the rifle for opening up a bank account in Texas or whatever, it looks like he just walks in and out in like half an hour. Then complains about how easy it is to buy a gun. He actually had to wait a week for a background check and some tiger shit, but just went back at the same time of day in the same clothes.
>>
>>68092896
Only in communist states is there a waiting period to get a gun, compadre.
>>
File: 1460007613243.png (70 KB, 391x600) Image search: [Google]
1460007613243.png
70 KB, 391x600
>slav friend quotes Bowling for columbine to trashtalk america
>>
>>68092747

I liked it. Still do.

But Mike can be a bit of a pretentious douche.

I'm just glad that at least America is doing more back ground checks
>>
>>68092747
the only bit i liked, which i was suprised by was the bit with marilyn manson

his comments on how things are marketed via fear and his response to people blaming him for it were pretty sensible and logical. He was a lot more eloquent than i expected him to be i guess.
>>
>>68092952
Background check sure gonna help gang violence with stolen guns which is 90% of murders
>>
File: Moore.jpg (52 KB, 970x675) Image search: [Google]
Moore.jpg
52 KB, 970x675
>>68092747
>>
>>68092966
Well, he was a journalist before he became a musician. The dudes not a dummy
>>
Gun rights are more important than anyone who was or will ever be killed by them.
>>
>>68092939
I think it was more the banks choice not to release the gun to him until the 4473 form was cleared.
>>
No, the message is extremely muddled and doesn't explain anything. He skips between ease of obtaining firearms, US foreign policy, racism, poverty, and the NRA as the reasons for gun violence. It's almost schizophrenic in what he wants to blame.
>>
>>68092984

Well it'll curb annual massacres and mass shootings

I'm sure you whiteys are getting sick of being associated with them.
>>
>>68092747
His reasoning is retarded

>Don't blame violent movies, music, or video games
>Blame the NRA

As if the NRA is that influential.
>>
>>68093040
>journalist
>anything but a dummy

nice try schlomo
>>
I really liked it when I was 14.
>>
>>68093278

>when in doubt, blame the Jews

Looks like /pol/ has arrived
>>
File: 1456507279784.jpg (4 KB, 250x221) Image search: [Google]
1456507279784.jpg
4 KB, 250x221
>>68092747
>called Bowling for Columbine
>it's not about a charity bowling event to help the Columbine victims families
>>
File: American footwear.jpg (16 KB, 389x288) Image search: [Google]
American footwear.jpg
16 KB, 389x288
Michael Moore wears some fine shoes though you gotta' admit the man scrubs up well.
>>
>Bowling For Columbine objectively a good documentary

No, if you are actually interested read Columbine by Dave Cullen who is an actual journalist and see how full of errors and lies this "doc" is.

MM is a fat liar making propaganda
>>
>>68093235

>implying it's not

They're the reason why Obamas gun control laws weren't passed
>>
>>68092747
Watch "Micheal Moore Hates America" it exposes all his bullshit.

Used to be on netflix
>>
>>68092747
While it's easily Moore's best he still has his agenda to promote rather than trying to use the medium to report on something.
>>
no

his anti-white cartoon was placed to make it seem like the South Park guys did it, which they would never make something that liberal and anti-white (and they hate MM because of it)

not to mention

>leaving a picture of a dead girl on the steps of some guy with Alzheimers

He's a fat communist fraud and a hypocrite to boot
>>
>>68093336
Yeah I am soo sure kids are all clamoring to join the NRA. I am soo sure that if you went into their rooms you would fine NRA merch scattered all around.

Yup this is why they shot up columbine because the NRA told them to do it.

See how retarded this logic is?
>>
Why did they shoot up the school? Were they just edgy?
>>
>>68093427
kids have nothing to do with laws getting passed you dumb motherfucker, they can't even vote if you hadn't heard
>>
>>68093447
Yes that is all it is. They were edgy cunts. No need to blame and scapegoat random organizations or media. Blame them.
>>
>>68093447
They were white
>>
>>68093335
>Thinking bowling for Columbine is mainly about Columbine and not gun control in general

I agree that MM is a money grubbing liar at best but wew.
>>
>>68093336

If Obama actually cared about gun violence he would had passed something when Democrats were in control of Congress. Instead he spent all his political capital on his shitty healthcare reform bill and decimated his party's control of Congress.

Now he only cries about it when it's a white person, not when a Muslim shoots people in the name of Allah or when his sons in Chicago massacre each other every other weekend.
>>
File: Elephant_movie_poster.jpg (38 KB, 325x459) Image search: [Google]
Elephant_movie_poster.jpg
38 KB, 325x459
>>68093447
I'd watch this, doesn't really give an answer besides "everything" was the reason
>>
>>68093475
Are you fucking brain dead? He says to blame the NRA for the school shootings I fucking highly doubt those kids were huge NRA supporters they probably did not even know who the NRA was.

MM was trying to say that the NRA influence them to do it. When that is absolutely retarded. And you are a fucking retard.
>>
>>68093278
Sorry for triggering you
>>
>>68093447
Pretty much, that and they probably had some sort of mental illness.
>>
>>68092747
bowling for columbine is terrible that animated sequence is the worst
>>
>>68092747
>objectively a good documentary
It's not even a documentary you fuck
>>
>>68092747
>I know /tv/ hates Michael Moore and anything remotely 'liberal' but

/k/ and /pol/ might hate him, but with /tv/ I'm not so sure about that.

>is Bowling For Columbine objectively a good documentary?

No. What he does are mostly funny and sarcastic opinion pieces. Very single sided things. Still funny. IMHO his best work are Capitalism a love story and TV nation.

>Also do you agree with Moore's assessment of Dylan and Eric's motives?

Nope.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 458x102) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 458x102
>>68093772
>>
>>68093335
Are you saying they don't assemble nuclear missiles in Colorado or what?
>>
Remember when Fahrenheit 9/11 won the palme d'or
>>
>bowling for columbine

What did he mean by this? Did he actually go bowling? What was his score?
>>
>>68093945

Given by kikes and liberals working in Hollywood.

I'll quote me, myself and I to make the point clear enough.

>>68093920
>funny and sarcastic opinion pieces

Still not documentaries.
>>
>>68093772
More like a video essay like all his other output
>>
>>68093999

Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold went bowling a bit before becoming super heroes. It is just an cynical...

>implication

... that bowling causes massacres.

Instead fatso blames inanimate objects like guns or a sport instead of bullying and all other parts of normal high school life.
>>
>>68093064
It takes less than 5 minutes for a 4473 to be approved you retard.
>>
>>68092747
It was an interesting doc, but his assessment of their motives is wrong. The book Columbine by Dave Cullen posits that Eric was a classic sociopath, and Dylan was a depressed follower who was controlled by Eric's stronger personality. I think Dave's version is much more likely the cause, although the lack of proper background checks and legislation regarding military grade semiautomatic weapons in the U.S. obviously makes it easier for sociopaths and known terrorists to get weapons.

Or you could say they had lead poisoning from the water.
>>
The NRA could not have prevented this
>or this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utXAcm-MsTM
>>
>>68093571

That for ok, not to be triggered for to be it's ok.
>>
>>68093335
This book debunked by that guy who was friends with Eric and Dylan and got told to "just go home" by one of them before the shooting though
>>
>>68092747
It's shit because it's pure sensationalism and Moore falsified event in the montage.

Fat piece of hack pseudo documentary.
>>
What did moore lie about or set up. Not saying he didnt, just curious about it.
>>
>>68092747
>Michael Moore
>any truth to his bs documentaries
Sureeeee if you say so
>>
>>68092747
I was absolutely pissed at the fake South Park segment that essentially pretended to be really made by the South Park guys. They've hated Moore ever since and I don't blame them in the slightest.
>>
It's probably the documentary from him that I dislike the least, since he doesn't actually attack the gun themselves like you would expect a liberal to do. He focuses on the cultural aspect rather than whether or not semi automatics should be allowed.
>>
>>68098978
That part at the end right when Charlton Heston walks out of the interview, one of the shots of Moore trying to show him the photo of the girl who was killed was obviously shot after the fact.
>>
>>68092747
The movie is so full of crap you could make another documentary about it
I remember reading about people who were interviewed for the documentary were pissed because he took their quotes out of context if I remember correctly he took one of the south park guys out of context and then put a south park looking skit after it to make it look like they supported him
>>
>>68092747
>is Bowling For Columbine objectively a good documentary?

I don't think Moore actually understands what a documentary is
>>
>>68093518
>health care reform

I think you mean Obama's Mandatory Health Insurance bill. The one that requires citizens to shovel money into corporate insurance corporations.

There was no healthcare reform in that bill.
>>
>>68099880
It's a terrible policy but blame Joe Lieberman, not Obama.
>>
>>68093335

that book is amazing, so well put together and fascinating

have you read One of Us by Seierstad? it's about Anders Brevik and I think it's even better than Columbine. It uses similar techniques so you'd probably dig it
>>
File: propaganda.png (288 KB, 569x318) Image search: [Google]
propaganda.png
288 KB, 569x318
>That libtarded """"""""""""""""""""""history"""""""""""""""""""""" cartoon in Bowling for Columbine

Absolutely disgusting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqh6Ap9ldTs

On the bright side, at least we will be alive to see Michael Moore die from obesity in the near future.
>>
>>68093947
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>68099880
yes there was

neets can stay on parents insurance longer and you can't be denied health insurance for pre existing conditions
>>
>>68093447
They were American.
>>
>>68093447
Yep, they just wanted to be hardcore faggots.
It's a shame the media went on to blame gun and games instead of the shooters themselves for being complete assholes.

>>68100287
>neets can stay on parents insurance longer and you can't be denied health insurance for pre existing conditions
These are the only two things I like about the bill myself, though I think the age should be up to 30.
>>
>>68100316
I am getting really fucking sick of the anti-American sentiment here on /tv/.
>>
>>68100247
Michael Moore also played this cartoon right after an interview clip from Matt Stone from South Park, giving the impression that the South Park guys had made it. They were pissed.
>>
>>68100441
>It's a shame the media went on to blame gun and games instead of the shooters themselves for being complete assholes.

Are you John Oliver? Just saying swear words towards anything that is bad isn't going to change anything. I don't think that AR-15s or Doom 2 were responsible either, but you have to do better than just calling the bad guys some mean names.
>>
>>68094110
i thought the entire premise of the movie was that blaming anything other than the 2 murderers was as stupid as blaming bowling for their actions. yet that fat cunt jumps in to blame guns every time. ironic if you ask me
>>
Michael Moore is a complete hack. If you enjoy any of his films seek serious help. Or better yet, kill yourself.
>>
>>68094910
Maybe today it does.
>>
I don't understand how the documentary supposedly sets out to say that only the individuals should be blamed for their actions but Michael Moore spouts off about banning the evil guns every chance he gets
>>
>>68103575
The national instant checks system has been operational nationwide since 1998. The system has not changed since then. In states without artificial waiting periods the time to complete a phone call with the FBI is less than 5 minutes.
>>
>>68100525
>right after

More like 20-30 minutes after. Trey and Matt got pissed over absolutely nothing, the fucking dinkos.

>>68103580
He's a part of the NRA. As much as you can hate Michael Moore for being a fat retard, he doesn't go after guns.
>>
>>68092747
What makes a documentary objectively good? The goal of a movie is to entertain, but the goal of a documentary is to inform. So, you would think the two major goals of a documentary would be to both be accurate and lacking in bias.

In that regard, it was a failure as a documentary. That said, it did pass the movie benchmark as entertaining. But then you might as well chalk Gladiator or 300 up to being documentaries if that's all you need.
>>
>choose documentary format, which is supposed to state facts to prove a point using the truth
>literally fabricates "facts" and misrepresents situations and procedures to attempt to prove a point
Epic.
>>
>>68093336
> he actually believes this.

Ahahahaha, it must be nice to be young.
>>
>>68092988
>You're not a sniper if you're a sniper
How is being a sniper any worse than using a gun at all? The only difference is a few hundred yards.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.