[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Jungle Book (2016)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: The_Jungle_Book_2016_Poster.jpg (1 MB, 1401x2075) Image search: [Google]
The_Jungle_Book_2016_Poster.jpg
1 MB, 1401x2075
For those who have seen, how does this movie hold up compared to the 1967 classic?
>>
i can't wait to see this, it BTFO ppl who are against immigration from war-torn countries

this is what we need right now in the world
>>
It's more serious but there are still songs

King Louie's song
Kaa's song
and of course Bear Necessities

Shere Khan was fucking scary. Pretty much a killing machine.

Overall very good and a worthy adaptation of both Kipling and the classic cartoon
>>
>>68088080
don't forget to take your wife's son with you
>>
Hopefully it's as gloriously racist as the original.
>>
>>68088118
I heard this isn't a musical at all tho
>>
>>68088175
no, the songs aren't that long
>>
I'm here and I love the original masterpiece. It's one of my favourite animated films of all time.

This movie is good. It's different, but good. There isn't a lot of singing - it's mainly 2 or 3 scenes and wish there was more - but hey, what are you gonna do.

The effects are fantastic. King Louie looks so real it's fucking crazy. And while Shere Khan was really underwhelming to me - especially compared to his predecessor - Bill Murray knocked it out of the fucking park. Ben Kingsley is the most British he's ever been, and Christopher Walken shined for the brief time he was actually talking.

Good movie. I like the original more, but I really enjoyed watching it.
>>
>>68088175
it isn't. in fact, when louie starts singing it feels really weird and out of place
>>
>>68088326
I appreciate them not making it a musical. I loved the 60's one as a kid but seeing this newer version done in the same style would be something I wouldn't be able to sit through.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-05-14-23h11m50s219.png (3 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-05-14-23h11m50s219.png
3 MB, 1920x1040
>>68088297
King Louie was Maurice tier

Also he refers to himself as a gigantopithecus, it was awesome
>>
>not watching the 1994 classic with Sam Neill and qt 3.14 Lena Heady
>>
File: 1426169274718.jpg (27 KB, 544x409) Image search: [Google]
1426169274718.jpg
27 KB, 544x409
I'm glad this movie is apparently good, can't wait to watch it.
>>
>>68088494
the Shere Khan here scared me

kinda disappointed that Mowgli stared him down though instead of using fire
>>
>>68088612
I remember getting spooked by that scene where the chamber roof came down and the room was filled with salt
>>
>>68088661
i remember that one scene where the British soldier was getting hunted by Shere Khan, dropping his bullets and spaghetti everywhere, then looking up straight into Shere Khan's eyes

fucking nightmare
>>
>>68088685
fuck it I'm watching this shit right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piqA62Jz5R4
>>
>>68088499
some of the best cgi in a film ever. DAAMMM
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.