[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hateful eight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
thoughts?

I thought it was totally dragged out in places; it could have been under 2hrs if there wasn't so much filler of drivers yelling at the freaking horses

I get the fargo-esque appeal, but the blood effects were a tad much....I almost expected one of them to yell out "I have been poisoned by my constituents!"

the story really could have used more work too...the whole hanging loose story was over the top...not to mention the obvious plot hole of "dey shood just shot da bitch" when people's insides start exploding
>>
>>68086624
In my opinion it's Tarantino's masterpiece. I hate to say it but the only reason why the reviews weren't amazing are because it isn't nearly as pop culture friendly as Pulp Fiction or Django Unchained, etc. It can't be appreciated on that level.
>>
It's someone's art, who are you to say there's filler and that it could've been under 2 hrs. I hate these self entitled pricks saying someone's art isn't good enough and that the artist should cater to idiots like yourself. The movie was slowly paced but that doesn't means theres filler.
>>
>>68086624
It was okay, I really liked it till the part where Kurt Russell dies, then it just drags, I just think that Tarantino should start creating his own original stories and not using superior movies as canvas, I always end up comparing his movies with the ones he used for inspiration, and honest his movies are never better than the ones he's homaging.
>>
>>68086624
I liked all of it and I didn't think it was too long.
>>
>>68088313
the definition of art being: excessive blood spray to the point it's almost comical, repeated flagrant racial obscenities (because profanity is always enriching dialogue, just look at wolf of wall st.), and an unnecessarily graphic tale of forced, gay,interracial oral sex

...and I'm the prick in this scenario
>>
>>68088712
Who says art can't be crass and obscene?
>>
I liked it more than Django, I guess because I felt the characters were more entertaining. Plus it honestly didn't feel like it dragged on to me despite being 3 hours (apart from the beginning, I felt like QT tried to cram way too much exposition in that carriage scene). Once they go to that cabin the movie really took off. I also loved how the sound design and the cinematography made you really feel like you were in this cabin in the middle of a blizzard. It was surprisingly comforting. Not a perfect movie but I still really liked it.
>>
>>68088736
making something for the sole purpose of being offensive or to use shock value, is not art
>>
>>68088960
But anything is art though. It doesn't matter if you think it's shitty art, if it's human expression then it's art.
>>
>>68088712
>almost comical
Nah, it was completely comical. Really enjoyed the film up until that point, then suddenly, I was reminded I was watching a movie made by a weaboo.
>>
>>68089004
okay, then it's art

really poor class art that panders to the lower denominators
>>
>>68089080
No, the film would be shorter and have more explosions if that were the case.
>>
>>68086787
Agreed. It's Tarantino delving in his serious elements as well as his fantastical and creating his best film. The addition of an original score really suits his work.
>>
>>68089080

>panders to the lower denominators

not really. almost all normies found it too long or boring. "but nothing happened in this movie, guise!"
>>
>The horse coach scene repetition.
>Big warm black dingus.
>The wumun acting lol so random in the background, making le funny faces.
>The walking comical mexican stereo type(I thought it was Channing Tatum, playing a mexican the whole time).
>The fact that the owner of the Cabin didn't have a problem with Mexican (maybe Sam Jackson was bullshitting?).
>Over the top evil dead blood puking.
>Cheap tv series lightning(including random spot lights).
>The dumb plot-twist, they all are in on it and Channing Tatum is hiding on the floor(why didn't they shoot the others the second Kurt Rusel started puking blood?).

I kinda liked the end scene, where the curazah bitch tried to talk the redneck on her side. It had tension going on.

That all being said I think it's good that he will stop after 10 movies. He is getting worse and worse with every movie. But he will be remembered as GOAT by the normies.
>>
>>68089143
everyone knows longer movies are always better, and the unrealistic head-exploding and general blood-spraying more than made up for the lack of "typical" explosions

if someone needs to get shot (or exploded) or referenced by a naughty term every few minutes just to keep the audience's interest, I don't see that as telling the story very well...

I almost stopped watching and or wanted to skip ahead just to see if the whole movie took place in the stagecoach or if they actually got to where they were going before the imminent blizzard (that was supposed to be directly on their behind) caught up with them

>>68089378
it was boring up until they got to the building, and it was too long for the story it was trying to tell...they should have gotten to the flashback sooner, and or broken it up
>>
>>68089510

I don't know. I didn't find it boring at all, I actually liked that it took its time to introduce and develop the characters. Watched it in cinema and never felt like it was dragging.
>>
>>68089497
>why didn't they shoot the others the second Kurt Rusel started puking blood?

that was the plot hole I mentioned...if I knew I was poisoned by someone scheming with a prisoner who I was taking to be killed (or to deliver already dead), and I was for sure going to die, I would have just shot the person if I was still able....it pretty much would have been done right there
>>
Hateful Eight is the cinematic equivalent of dragging a cheese grater across your newly bought jeans to make them look old and worn.
>>
>>68089671

Jeah that. And why the fuck wouldn't the sherrif or sam jacksons character shoot her? It was just Kurt Russels sentiment for the living bounty..
>>
>>68086624
I agree with the length and pacing. I think Tarantula got a little carried away with his wide angle lens and just refused to leave most things on the cutting room floor despite those edits making the film better overall.

"Reservoir Dogs: In The Snow" could have been much better, but I didn't hate it. 6.5/10
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.