[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so ive never seen any of these dc animated movies before but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
so ive never seen any of these dc animated movies before but a friend said i should, i trust some of you guys more than /co/, and im looking at two that interest me:

Justice League: War and Justice League: New Frontier

which should i watch?
>>
I really liked War but a lot of people didn't like how the characters personalities were since it was based on New 52, but it's a cool take on the whole justice league formation. If you like that one watch the sequel which has to do with Atlantis.
>>
>>68082108
Fuck all of that and stick to the batman animated movies, shows, and young justice for DC.
>>
War was boring

Try under the red hood
>>
Under the Red Hood and Crisis on Two Earths are the best of the current crop of animated movies. If you're interested in New Frontier, read the comic. Some of the movie adaptions just feel like shitty cliff notes.
>>
>>68082302

>Try under the red hood

WAAAAAAAAAAAH DADDY DIDN'T KILL ME FOR ME
>>
Flashpoint Paradox is on Netflix, about the Flash waking up in an alternate dimension where some of the heroes are evil. Pretty cool
>>
>>68082108
War - literally Whedon's Avengers with DC characters
New Frontier - mana from heaven
>>
How is flashpoint? Heard it was better than the comic
>>
(Excluding the DCAU ones)

Batman: Under the Red Hood>Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths>Justice League: Doom>Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox>Wonder Woman>Batman/Sperman: Apocalypse>Batman: Assault on Arkham>Batman/Superman: Public Enemies>Green Lantern: First Flight>Superman: Doomsday>Batman: The Dark Knight Returns>Justice League: Gods and Monsters>Batman: Year One>All-Star Superman>Batman: Gotham Knight>Justice League: Throne of Atlantis>Justice League: War>Son of Batman=Batman vs. Robin=Batman: Bad Blood
>>
>>68082470
It was pretty good actually.
>>
>>68082108
New frontier is really good. Havnt seen war though
>>
batman year one, wonder woman, justice league war, assault on arkham, the dark knight returns part 1 and 2, gotham kinght, new frontier, justice league cartoon and unlmited, batman TAS, batman beyond, superman animated series, mask of the phantasm, flashpoint paradox,
>>
I like some capeshit but I can't into any animated movies or even the comics themselves. It just starts to feel too stupid.
>>
>>68082556
but being a manchild is comfy
>>
>>68082108
New Frontier is one of the best of the lot. It's inferior to the comic, but great. Crisis on Two Earths and Under the Red Hood are excellent.
>>
>>68082459
I love Flashpoint, but didn't like this movie that much. Dunno why.
>>
>>68082478
No Mask of the Phantasm? Or was that excluded?
>>
>>68082108
Flashpoint paradox
Tdkr
Mask of the phantasm
Superman: brainiac
Public enemies

There are a few others. animated dc >>> all other capeshit
>>
DC animated is god tier capeshit
>>
>>68082693
Winter soldier says no.
>>
>>68082738
new frontier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> winter soldier
>>
>>68082627
DCAU movies are excluded. I forgot a few, so put Brainiac after Assault on Arkham, Unbound after Wonder Woman, and New Frontier after Brainiac.
>>
>>68082661
>animated dc >>> all other capeshit
Nope. All of it besides Timm's stuff sucks massive dog dick. If you enjoy these crudely drawn capecartoons you are a child.
>>
File: JLTFP.jpg (82 KB, 1100x444) Image search: [Google]
JLTFP.jpg
82 KB, 1100x444
>>68082470
if you can get past the art direction it's pretty good
>>
I caught Batman Year One on HBO one night and it was okay, a bit on the cheap side but entertaining enough.
>>
>>68082806
Why is Wonder Woman an ayy lmao?
>>
>>68082108
NEW FRONTIER, and I'm recommending Superman vs the Elite just for fun
>>
>>68082478
I just watched Red hood for the first time yesterday. I don't see why everyone loves it

TDKR remains GOAT
>>
its all over hyped garbage
if you just want to see cartoon drawings hit each other then yeah, its fantastic
>>
>>68082857
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9dsi0Y1c00
superman vs elite has the most based superman
>>
>>68082806
they all have such tiny dicks for such huge bodies. the art direction of all the dc movies is all the same shitty template now, anime shit. its rare to get a new frontier. even the killing joke doesnt have a very creative style
>>
>>68082108
Mask of Phantasm. Superman vs the elite.
>>
>>68082935
Some of them are sequels so they would have the same style.
>>
>>68082108
>which should i watch?

>Great
Batman Under The Red Hood
The Dark Knight Returns Parts 1 & 2
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern: First Flight
Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox

>Good
Batman Year One
Batman Assault on Arkham
Batman vs Robin
All-Star Superman
Superman/Batman Public Enemies
Superman/Batman Apocalypse
Justice League Gods and Monsters
Justice League The New Frontier

>Mediocre
Everything else

You're better off going to /co/ to ask a question like this than /tv/ imo
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.