[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Walking Dead: 18+ Seasons Long?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 14
File: Negan.jpg (46 KB, 750x423) Image search: [Google]
Negan.jpg
46 KB, 750x423
The comic book is on issue 150 or so. The series is on issue 100 of the comic book. They're saying it's going to have 300 issue for the comic book. Are we going to be in our fucking 40's or later by the time the series if over? This shit is crazy.
>>
>>68079173
They'll keep it going until it is no longer profitable. The interesting thing about a show like this is that if an actor gets tired of it, and wants to move on, they can just kill him/her off. Then, a couple of episodes later, a new survivor joins their crew.
>>
File: came in another box.jpg (83 KB, 460x1022) Image search: [Google]
came in another box.jpg
83 KB, 460x1022
The show is halfway through Volume 17 (6 issues/volume) now. Volume 25 is going to be finished in the next few months.

AMC seems to expect this show to go on forever. Writers/Producers of the show have publicly said they have a good idea what stories they'll be telling in Season 10.

Season 7 will finish off Vol 17 and then cover 18 and 19. Season 8 will be 20 and 21. After that there is a timeskip of about 2 years which I think the show will cover some of that time as a way of letting the comics get ahead a bit more. At least I hope that's the case. Considering what happened to Game of Thrones after the show caught up to the books... Then again, The Walking Dead's OC has been leagues ahead of Game of Thrones' OC.
>>
>>68079173
I give it 3 more years. 4 tops. People are genuinely getting tired of it at this point.
>>
Can any comic fags answer this?
Is there a point to all the CDC stuff?
Will Rick's group find a cure or something to end the zombies? Is there signs of showing something bigger rather than these regional conflicts?
>>
Walking Dead is the new Survivor.

It'll go on for many more seasons until the show the # of viewers garnered is not enough versus the costs of making the show.
>>
>>68079826
No, because Kirkman is a huge faggot about not revealing the origin of the virus.

One of the reasons they kicked Darabont's ass is because he was going down that path.
>>
>>68079826
CDC stuff was just in the show and not the comics.

The creator said the cure will never be found and that the world is just a vehicle for the character-based stories.
>>
>>68079826
CDC was never in the comics. I think it was included in the show because retarded faggots like you can't watch any kind of zombie related media without spewing "WHAT ABOUT A CURE!!!!" instead of just accepting that it's fiction and in this fiction this is how the world is now.
>>
>>68079692
OP here. Yea, I just can't see myself hanging on much longer. They're still getting really high ratings though, but there seems to have been a slight dip since last year. Maybe it peaked and it will go down quickly.
>>
>>68079826
there is no cure
>everyone is infected
>world is in chaos
its basically just humans vs humans now. zombies are just there so you know that the world is dangerous, and to be used as canon fodder by humans.
>>
>>68079890
>>68079907
>>68079918
Thank you

See I figured it was something like this, because in the show the CDC guy was like talking bullshit and I find it hard to believe they couldn't figure out anything about the disease. Virus, bacteria? We don't even know that.
>>
Viewership will drop as the show drags on and the plot begins to weaken. I can't see it going over 8-9 seasons honestly, most of the actors will want to move onto other projects, especially the main leads who have been on the show since season 2/3.
>>
>>68080156
>especially the main leads who have been on the show since season 2/3.
Doubt that given the money
>>
File: 1455515670738.png (129 KB, 317x310) Image search: [Google]
1455515670738.png
129 KB, 317x310
>>68079890
>Kirkman is a huge faggot about not revealing the origin of the virus.
Are you just talking mean internet speak or do you really think some origin/cure arc is a good idea in any sense?
>>
>>68080156
does carl age in the comics like he does in the show?
>>
>>68080383
yup, but carl starts out much younger in the comics. in the comics carl is about as old as he is currently in the TV show.
>>
File: carl.png (149 KB, 594x340) Image search: [Google]
carl.png
149 KB, 594x340
>>68080383
No. The story in the show so far is 2 years into the end of the world. So at this point in the comic Carl is a little rascal. Later after Negan there's a timeskip though as civilization starts to really rebuild and we see him as a teenager.
>>
>>68080383
yeah, he's due to get laid right after the Negan arc.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 498x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 498x768
>>68080383
yo
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 351x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 351x540
I wonder if they'll do this on cable television.
>>
>>68080519
Who's the girl with the candle?

>>68080638
And who is she?
>>
>>68080659
girl with the candle is sophia (carols daughter) in the show its enid

bitch licking the eye is a whisperer, part of a group who wear zombie skin and use massive hordes of zombies to attack and defend themselves, they are like a cult
>>
>>68080659
Andrea is still alive in the comics so that's her

>>68080659
Carl's gets a GF but her name is slipping my mind right now. I know it's not Enid though. She's original.
>>
>>68080659
>Who's the girl with the candle?
Andrea. She never became a cunt in the comics and is currently Rick's waifu.
>And who is she?
Lydia. Part of a new hostile group called the whisperers who wear suits made out of zombies to blend in with them.
>>
It's funny because even though the show has been going on for six years, the world they are in has only progressed two years. Meaning that Carl has physically aged six years in only two years. Meaning that, since the apocalypse started out when he was 12, Carl is in the body of a 17 year old but only has the education and teachings of the average 6th grader. The real life actor is probably gonna hit a growth spurt here soon and they're gonna treat us all like idiots and convince us that he's still 14 or some shit.
>>
>>68080707
I thought Enid and Carl were a thing though

>>68080707
>>68080708
>>68080724
Thanks lads
>>
>>68080333
>do you really think some origin/cure arc is a good idea in any sense?

No, but he's still a huge faggot about it: "I like the mistery of what caused the outbreak." Like, seriously? What mistery? Bad disease turns humans into bad zombies, there's no mistery.
>>
>>68080864
Are you from Colorado or New Mexico by chance?
>>
>>68080891
Not the guy you're replying to, but you hit the nail on the head. He knows there's no mystery. What else is he gunna say? Think about it, he can't just say "I'm not gunna cure the disease because that would be shit"
>>
>>68080707
Actually, that's fertility goddess Andrea.
>>
>>68080864
I think they'll just leave his age ambiguous. Did they ever explicitly state his age in the show? If not they can just say fuck it and let him be close to the age of the actor. It's not like there are many age-based things like grade levels in the post-apocalypse that would make the age fudging obvious.
>>
>>68081010
>Did they ever explicitly state his age in the show?
I think there was a flashback scene of Lori picking Carl up from school?
>>
So you thought the Walking Dead was just innawoods, silly fun? Think again. It is, in fact, the deepest television show of the last 15 years, providing a daring and shocking insight in the human psyche.

Enter Rick and Morgan, their outward appearance being similar to ordinary survivalists living in the apocalypse, their characters and interactions however resembling the protagonists of plays and novels, by Camus, Beckett and Sarte, both trapped in existential loneliness, the abusive and destructive nature of their bond symbolizing the eternal conflict between the Freudian "Es" (the raw, primitive force of life, Rick) and the "Ich" (Morgan's defensive, realistic and rational nature).

Carol, as the archetypical "Ueber-Ich" controls their interaction from a distance, her Big Boss magic symbolizing society's moral fibre, which has a dampening, smoothening effect on the eternal conflict between the Es and the Ich.

Thus, the three characters' interwoven personalities are metaphors for the mental processes which take place within the mind of a single individual. Morgan illustrates this philosophical principle by splitting himself in three, in episode 4. The three "Morgans" act like exaggerated segments of his own personality, and seen in this light, Rick, Carol and Morgan, as representatives of the Es, Ich and Ueber-Ich respectively, possess the same amount of comical exaggeration and simplification, added to the archetypes that define their split personalities.

The "unused character" symbolizes God. Modern man, having no use for a higher power, assumed divine power and became God himself, symbolized by Negan taking the Unused Character's place and usurping his characteristics.
>>
>>68081374
So no then.
>>
Season 7, 8, and 9 will comprise everything up to the end of All-Out War, the series finale will be Rick imprisoning Negan with the implication of the future he wishes to build. They've sped up TV Rick's descent into brutality and so too will they expediate Negan's viewpoint that Rick isn't a good guy and has ulterior motives for imprisoning him. They'll have a little closing moment where they poke each other's brains while on opposite sides of the bars and that's the end.

There's no way the TV series will go beyond that. The actors will want out. The show will also be overstaying its welcome by following post-timeskip comics that could keep them going for a decade. I have the feeling they knew that already and that Fear is their contingency plan in hopes of keeping viewers around.
>>
>>68080058
>canon fodder

Why don't they put zombies in big hamster wheels that are used to generate electricity? A world when people die they can still contribute to civilization. Clean infinite almost-free energy in a world depopulated of all the weak, the total idiots, and lazy worthless fucks. From post-apocalypse to utopia in just one generation. I HAVE A DREAM
>>
>>68080707

Whisperers sound fucking awesome..... god fucking dammit now I gotta keep watching this garbage show
>>
>>68081939
Do you think they'll ever experiment with adding a likable character to Fear?
>>
its all gonna fall appart when actors want out (as if it hasn't already)
>>
>>68082098
Do any of them think they have a shot at better gigs once they leave?
>>
>>68080707
>they are like a cult
More like native americans without faggy white guilt attached
>>
>>68080074
It's a curse from God to wipe humanity clean. Rick is the new Noah. He has to live through 7 years of tribulation before he and his son can move on to make a new world.
>>
Even if the Lucille death is technically up in the air as a strong arm tactic like some people speculate, it will be Glenn. He's one of the most expensive, he's got his gripes with the show, and it just fits the story. I can't see Glenn leading the Hilltop with Maggie, can you? Steven Yeun wants that awesome death too I'm sure. He had a long run. It's time to branch out. I'm sure as one of the few popular asians around he'll find work easily. Daryl is safe. Rick is safe. Carl is safe. Abe isn't expensive and would be dead already if they didn't want him around.
>>
The show has to end at some point, probably in 2-3 seasons. How would you guys end the show?
>>
>>68082285
It was all a simulation run by the government. Rick was the only one who wasn't in on it. Rick is actually one of thousands of clones of the original Rick and was being trained so he could be sold as a mercenary.
>>
>>68082250
>Daryl is safe.
He's not safe. Just unlikely to die here. Having both Dwight and Daryl is stupid. On top of that Norman Reedus has a new show.

>Safe
Rick, Carl, Maggie, Rosita, Michonne

>Unlikely
Daryl, Abraham

>Possible
Eugene, Aaron

>Dead
Glenn
>>
I have faith in the fact that AMC is not 100% retarded, so they would only pull this cliffhanger if they were killing a big character. They would HAVE to know that to do this and then kill off someone like Eugene or Aaron would be even more rage inducing.

so Glenn or Daryl.
>>
>>68082126
Lincoln might? Any of the others? lolno
>>
>>68082482
It's always so strange when actors leave a successful series. It nearly never works out in their favor.
>>
>>68082482
Yeun could have a career as Asian guy. He's been exposed to dozens of millions of Americans and had a white woman by his side. If he doesn't do terrible movies he could easily slide into a comfortable niche in Hollywood.
>>
File: RickWavingAtGayGuyAlexandria.png (4 MB, 2048x1574) Image search: [Google]
RickWavingAtGayGuyAlexandria.png
4 MB, 2048x1574
I'll be sorely disappointed if they end it with Negan/All Out War. A New Beginning is when the story really changes pace with President Rick, Maggie, etc in a thriving world struggling to maintain power, forming real militaries, using propaganda to instill obedience, etc etc. It's the big sequel the story spent so long building up to. But if they do end it with All Out War I hope they have a fuckload of main characters die. I hope they expand the Kingdom more than the comic did. We still haven't seen really much at all about how they function even though Michonne just started her journey to becoming Queen
>>
>>68082347
>Having both Dwight and Daryl is stupid
No it isn't. Dwight already has infinite more depth than his comic self thanks to Daryl. Daryl's death by Negan would move Dwight forward but I'd rather see a rivalry pan out for at least 8 more episodes. They make each other funner.
>>
>>68082628

where da fuck is da weed dude?
>>
>>68082692

I hope its not Eugene or Abraham, and I hope they have more screentime together.. their dialogue is fucking awesome, pretty much the only great writing on the show now.
>>
>>68082582
Ah true, I'd forgotten about him completely. He's a surprisingly decent actor
>>
>>68082442
>AMC is not 100% retarded

lol
>>
>>68080074
You want a cure? Watch Z-Nation
>>
File: 1460006961593.gif (675 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1460006961593.gif
675 KB, 200x200
>>68080891
>mistery
>>
File: walkind dead aliens.jpg (138 KB, 500x584) Image search: [Google]
walkind dead aliens.jpg
138 KB, 500x584
>>68079890
>No, because Kirkman is a huge faggot about not revealing the origin of the virus.
Everyone knows it was aliens ala Plan 9.
They even drew a side story about it.
>>
File: 1434748806686.gif (2 MB, 300x217) Image search: [Google]
1434748806686.gif
2 MB, 300x217
>well never have a proper comic andrea
>>
>>68083194
>nobody on earth noticed the alien invasion

Sounds legit.
>>
>>68083421
you mean all the zombies?
>>
>>68079173
is it even worth watching it? I dropped it on the 2nd season
>>
>>68083531
no unless you just want to keep up with others since it's a relaly big show
>>
Reminder that Negan will cuck Rick and fuck Andrea
>>
>>68083730
He's going to fuck a corpse?
>>
File: IHYfGh8i3-1.jpg (126 KB, 737x727) Image search: [Google]
IHYfGh8i3-1.jpg
126 KB, 737x727
>>68082225
Except rick is the Antichrist
>>
ratings stays in the million double digits, sure why not
>>
>>68081424
Dude wat.
Like in all honesty I have zero idea what you are trying to say
>>
American TV shows ALWAYS overstay their welcome. They run until they are unprofitable instead of when they really should stop.

Breaking Bad was the same. As was Lost. The writers don't have a plan, they just pull shit out of their arse every 12 months and call it chocolate ice cream.

The Walking Dead is shit, and it has been shit since Season 1 Episode 2.
>>
File: 0syv3EX.gif (882 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
0syv3EX.gif
882 KB, 400x299
>>68082442
>I have faith in the fact that AMC is not 100% retarded
>>
>>68082331
Please something as equally as retarded as this as a giant middle finger to the viewers
>>
TAKE ME DOWN TO THE PEE PANTS CITY
>>
>>68079667
No, All Out War will be season 7. Timeskip season 8. They're going pretty fast now
>>
The show wont end anytime soon. I think another 5 years or so. Normies still go crazy for it. The cliffhanger season final may have upset some, but I don't think it will have any significant impact on the ratings. The actors all seem really close and love working together on the show. They will keep it going as long as possible. It would be retarded to keep the show going if Rick dies though.
>>
you know, its too bad the governor, wasnt actually the governor of GA, i thought that would've been pretty fucking neato.

id love to see them do that, have some pre crisis politicians or important figures as survivors, or survivor group leaders, good or evil.

lots to explore with fear the walking dead also.
>>
I have the first 10 issues of walking dead in near mint condition. continue this garbage tv show and make me a millionaire
>>
File: rawbeefman.jpg (407 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
rawbeefman.jpg
407 KB, 1300x1300
QUESTION

I asked this way back when TWD started and got mixed answers. But if I kinda like the show as a guilty pleasure, would I enjoy the comic? I've heard mixed things ranging from it's great and much better than the show to kirkman is a hack and that wordswordswords really is a problem.

So what say anyone now?
>>
>>68086147
ive heard the comics suck too, at least the writing but idgaf i just bought all 3 compendiums (i am needing new reading material and that suited my fancy)

so ill be receiving that monday very excited.

even if the writing is terrible, from what ive seen the illustrations are pretty awesome, especially if you're a fan of the show obviously.
>>
>>68086195

Nice... I probably have plenty in my backlog anyway to actually buy the books. Yeah I mean, nothing I've seen of the cherrypicked pages on /tv/ seem too bad. I really enjoy the art though.
>>
>>68079173
>Are we going to be in our fucking 40's or later by the time the series if over? This shit is crazy.

Not so crazy when you think that the mcu will NEVER end. Just like the comics that have been going for half a century and keep getting rebooted and people keep reading and talk about the "canon"
>>
>Last episode, Season 20
>Actor that looks like young Carl wakes up in his bed, all traumatized
>Resident Evil 50 Collector's Edition lying next to him
>It was all a dream and video games are bad
>>
File: 1282562910288.jpg (2 KB, 126x103) Image search: [Google]
1282562910288.jpg
2 KB, 126x103
>crying about 6 seasons when shows like Supernatural and Criminal Minds are like 11 seasons and still going
>>
>>68086147
At least read the first compendium. The comic prison arcs are the best Walking Dead period. The show and games never sucked me in that hard. Lots of death that the show pussied out on. I hope the show makes up for pussying out by making Negan's war really bloody. Slash those actors contracts with blood and bone.
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.