[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many times have you seen Fight Club? Is it in your top 100 movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
How many times have you seen Fight Club? Is it in your top 100 movies?
>>
>>68077599
Yes
>>
Once.

It's an entertaining flick, but it's fans are the worst thing about it.
>>
>>68077599

probably like 4 or 5 times since release

Yeah the film is pretty damn well made and acted, and I dont watch enough obscure avant-garde foreign kinema to displace it out of the top 100

most the fans seem to fundamentally misunderstand it though
>>
I've seen Fight Club 28 times
>>
Twice. The very first time I had spent the whole night awake on mescaline and deeply enjoyed it to my fuckin core. The second time, I realized Jared Leto was in it and that the rationalism promoted in it is kinda shallow and much less homosexual than the book. So, it's probably more around my top 250.
>>
Too many to count.

What apotheosis via self-destruction'-core movie do I watch tonight, /tv/:

Gambler or Fight Club?
>>
>>68077599
Yes. I don't understand the hate for this movie. Maybe I have nostalgia helping my like of it, and I don't think it's the end all be all of cinema, but I feel like most of the negativity towards it is in response to its incredible overratedness amongst a certain demographic. It's a well done and very entertaining movie. I was lucky going into not knowing the twist nor having seen anything like it. It was one of the first "real" movies I watched, as in outside of movies I watched as a kid with my parents.
>>
I watched it a lot throughout middle and high school but its meaning has changed for me since then.

Still it's really good and I really like Finchers cinematography and editing. Late 90s was a really innovative time for movies
>>
I don't fucking know
I like it and that's all that matters
>>
>>68077599

No.

Would probably be like 400 or so. But I've also seen like 5000-6000 films while most of /tv/ has probably seen 400 so they just assume I'm "hating"
>>
Lol@ all these faggots who love Fight Club. Proving yourselves 13 yr old edgy teenagers. Even Fincher is embarrassed by that movie.
>>
>>68078054
Not one person has said something worthy of praise beyond Fight Club is in their personal top 100 movies. Some even less. Keep sucking the "patrician" cock.
>>
>>68078054
the movie is fine. the only edgy 13 year old is you with your /tv/ patrician starter pack guide telling you to hate Fight Club.
>>
>>68078259
Movies like Fight Club, Pulp Fiction and the like are a sign you just started viewing film and don't have the proper sophistication to appreciate the classics. They are the grape drank of film, and only appeal to the immediate surface level angst of teen viewers.
>>
>>68078497
>arguing sophistication on an image board
>>
Palaniuk himself admitted Fight Club had an intensly homoerotic undercurrent.

It gets better, Anon.
>>
>>68078497
Yeah like that angsty teen viewer Roger Ebert, I wish he would have watched more movies before he reviewed anything.
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/pulp-fiction-1994
You can appreciate "the classics" (not even sure what your definition of that term is) and still like movies that were made in the '90s '00s and 10s. Also, something tells me that your taste in films is just as shitty as most of the people on this board, but hey you're 22 and watched a few black and whites so yeah you're a patrician
>>
>>68077712
You are my favorite motha fucka!
>>
Probably around 7 times.
Its probably in my top 100 if I could even think of 100 movies I enjoyed that much.
It suffers from the same syndrome as the Matrix unfortunately: all of the themes and ideas it presents are so widespread now it seems trite.
>>
>>68077599

over 50 times, and you're not suppose to talk about it, faggot
>>
>>68077599
>100
probably, that's pretty big.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.