[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interstellar - what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: tfwyourdaugherisyourage.jpg (55 KB, 1337x706) Image search: [Google]
tfwyourdaugherisyourage.jpg
55 KB, 1337x706
Personally, I really really like this movie.

The acting, soundtrack, hell, almost everything about this movie is really really good.

I don't understand the hate for this movie, other than the "love" bullshit and that the science is questionable.

I mean, most movies have questionable science (Back to the Future, Star Wars, you get the point), why does this affect Interstellar so much? Still doesn't ruin the movie or really make it unsufferably bad
>>
Redditors in here hate it because they think it's cool to hate Nolan because of "le ebin memes XD"
>>
It was really boring in parts, not even carhartt jackets make it fun.
>>
Only /tv/ contrarians that hate on Nolan because redditors like him shit on this movie. Don't worry about it.
>>
They advertised that the movie is based on pure science.
Now, people give it shit because they don't know which part was based on pure science and which part is hypothesis or fiction.
e.g. we know how black hole will look, about event horizon but we don't know about the insides of the hole. So, the director has freedom inside the hole.
>>
every single attempt in this film to make a "wow" moment or a big emotional moment was incredibly hamfisted and clumsy

the plot generally makes no sense, so if you are tugged in by the visuals or get emotionally invested there's not much to enjoy
>>
>>68075544

Fuck off, Reddit.
>>
>>68075423
>>68075434
Now im confused
>>
>>68075544
"the plot generally makes no sense"
>Earth is dying
>We need to send out astronauts to find new habitable space
>Oh shit where are the astronauts?
>Need to look for them
>Send in new astronaut to find the others
>Story unfolds with twist and all

Please explain how the plot generally doesn't make any sense.

"every single attempt in this film to make a "wow" moment or a big emotional moment was incredibly hamfisted and clumsy"

The picture in OP as well as ending is literally one of the best emotional scenes from movies since 2010

>so if you are tugged in by the visuals or get emotionally invested there's not much to enjoy
what?
>>
The soundtrack is fucking incredible and that scene specifically was an incredibly powerful and well done emotional moment. I cried during it, but probably had something to do with my mom dying a month earlier or something. Most of the hate comes from it calling itself scientific and then delving into pseudo magical realms in the second half
>>
Nolan doesn't understand human interactions, TARS is a self-insert.
>>
>>68076897
How is TARS self-insert
>>
>>68075886
I'm sorry for your loss
>>
I cried
>>
>>68075375
There is no more hate for this movie than there is any other blockbuster on this board.

Like 99% of people outside 4chan loved it and half the people hating on it on 4chan also liked it.
>>
Reminder that CASE is voiced by Masketta Man.
>>
I fell asleep watching it, then woke up when there was some pseudo magical bullshit going on.

2/10 won't watch again
>>
>>68077406
>pseudo magic
uwotm8
>>
How did everyone like the twist? I thought it was pretty corny at first but I liked it the more I thought about it. Matt Damon literally inspired everyone and none of the other nine abused the system the way he did because he didn't have that kind of figure to look up to like everyone else
>>
>>68075886
This
>>
>>68077442
>fifth dimension bullshit
>>
>>68075375
space library ruined it for me, plus the dialogue was really cheesy at times
>>
>>68075482
He also forgot that you will die a horribly painful death once you go past the event horizon. But eyyy it's a movie (^-ΒΆ
>>
>>68077197
Ah don't worry about it. It makes the movie more memorable in a way when you understand the kind of loss that both Murph and Coop feel
>>
>>68075375
Love.
>>
>>68075544
blib/10

I don't like the movie either but you said a whole lot of nothing in two lines.
>>
>>68078286
Maybe you can give actual criticisms instead of memery.
>>
>>68075375
I guess most people have the expectation that it is some type of space epic, when really it is a story about a father and his daughter. I enjoyed the movie a lot, but I can understand why the ending was off-putting. I think the science in the movie used to explain black hole travel, wormhole travel, and a 4th dimensions was interesting since we don't know what would really happen if we explored those things.
>>
Interstellar is one of the greatest experiences I had on cinema, truly amazing in almost every expect, Nolan script fucks things a little bit up though.
>>
How could the humans help from the future if they only reason humanity survived is because the humans helped from the future?
>>
Awful dialogue.
I mean truly wretched, every character talked with such absurd vocabularies. There's supposed to be a system in place to keeps the majority of the screenwriters pent-up creative angst out of the finished script but it was apparently not in place for this film.
>>
Some of the shittest and most hamfisted expositional dialogue ever put to film.
>>
>>68078908
Closed circle time travel is what Hollywood shitheads think is the 'smart' way to do time travel.
>>
>>68078966
>I watched Primer the post
>>
File: Night on Bald Mountain.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Night on Bald Mountain.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>68075375
I guess it doesn't "ruin" the movie, but it takes itself so seriously and pretends to be grounded in reality that it falters. I don't hate the film, it even touches me emotionally when I watch it. But it has that weird Nolan vibe where it just want to hurry up and have a climax and credits.

It's not bad but it could have been a lot better. Nolan is like the Stephen King of directors, he just can't finish a story.
>>
>Think Prometheus will save the Sci-Fi genre, it doesn't
>Think Pacific Rim will save the Sci-Fi genre, it doesn't
>Think Interstellar will save the Sci-Fi genre, it doesn't

My heart can't take this. Every time I start to get excited the director turns around and panders to the blockbuster action-movie crowd. Which is sad because it allows fanboys to shrug off critique by accurately stating the films are just of the 'leave your brain at the door' variant.
>>
Interstellar is to Sci-fi what Prometheus is to the alien franchise.

Big, flashy, and half-assed but vehemently defended by a vocal minority of apologists.
>>
>>68078908
It's a paradox. And god forbid that any critic point it out. You'll be eaten alive by a bunch of 16yos who think this is their generation's 2001.
>>
>>68079421
>Complaining about paradox's in a sci-fi film

Do you also like to complain about action heroes who shrug off bullet wounds and explosions or characters making bad decisions in horror movies?
>>
>>68079565
>Being inconsistent is perfectly okay as long as other movies do it!!

Delicious cognitive dissonance.
>>
File: 1412675426362.jpg (304 KB, 853x1047) Image search: [Google]
1412675426362.jpg
304 KB, 853x1047
>Cool you named it after me
>*smirk*
>Actually we named it after you daughter.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOU
>>
I thought it was a fun movie and was a good experience to watch.

When I left, I felt like it had been a hundred years and I was a space wizard.

I didn't like the part where he was trapped inside the bookshelf, that felt dumb.

I don't think I'd like watching it again, it was really the novelty of the space and time travel that made it interesting. Plot is pretty thin beyond that, and the characters don't have much to think about.

I like the part with the organ music and the spaceship.

Signed
Bobby
Mrs Johnson's 3rd grade English class
>>
>>68075482

> freedom inside the hole
> you're a big guy
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.