[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth a watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: CSK_10509_0018.jpg (730 KB, 2170x3200) Image search: [Google]
CSK_10509_0018.jpg
730 KB, 2170x3200
Is this worth a watch?
>>
Nah it's boring as fuck. Had more meaning 30 years ago.
>>
>>68069617
Just watch the Russian Roulette scene on YouTube and save yourself from 86 minutes of snoozeville.
>>
I thought it was going to be some great 'Nam film, but was sorely dissapointed.
It has some great scenes, but doesn't work at all as a movie. It drags itself for way too long, the direction is all over the place, most characters have no motivation, most scenes have no reason to be as long as they are or to even exist.
Some actual good editing would do wonders to this movie.
>>
File: heaven's gate.jpg (27 KB, 568x346) Image search: [Google]
heaven's gate.jpg
27 KB, 568x346
skip it and watch his magnum opus instead
>>
>>68069617
don't listen to these redditors, the movie is great.
>>
Yeah. Great film. Explores the effects of war on the general population both before and after they return.
>>
it's essential women-will-never-understand-core
>>
>>68069651
You're a retard.
>>
Wedding scene is amazing. Rest of the film is okay but the themes explored were done better elsewhere.
>>
>>68069617
It's a fantastic movie and you should definitely give it a watch.
>>
It has one of the greatest scenes of all time, but it's pacing is awful.
>>
>>68069617
yes m8 its sick
>>
>>68069651
Michael Bay pls go
>>
>>68069617
it's 3 hours and it feels like 5
>>
>>68069726
>>68070689

yeah, i agree with a lot of this but still found the film to be a masterpiece. the pacing is awkward but kind of like in a Faulkner way that is in itself jarring and unsettling than actual bad editing. Cimino really went haywire after this and Heaven's Gate. he never really recovered and produced diminishing returns since. however, i'd still like to see him direct one more sprawling film just to see the results.
>>
>>68070689
>muh pacing

favorite part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcxhOzCmB6g
>>
>>68069617
>ITT movies that make you go "wew boy"
>>
>>68069617
Skip the wedding.
It's a good movie, but the director had an overblown ego.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.