[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else felt bad for this guy? >just trying to save up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: img_2162.png (443 KB, 1023x575) Image search: [Google]
img_2162.png
443 KB, 1023x575
anyone else felt bad for this guy?

>just trying to save up to buy the shop he's been working at all his life
>wife gets turned into muh stronk womyn by her feminist boss then literally ruins his life
>>
What a stupid question

>"Anyone rooted for Bruce Willis in Die Hard?"
>>
>>68061798
>>wife gets turned into muh stronk womyn
Almost, but not quite. She was mostly just crazy cute.
>>
One of the few shows that didn't get cucked by a staff of SJWs
>>
>>68061798
He's literally written as a sympathetic character, of course you feel bad for him m8
>>
>>68061798
>her feminist boss
Her boss wasn't a feminist lol, she was a lesbian that tried to bullshit her way into Peggy's pants
>>
>>68061994
who was the sympathetic character in season 1??
>>
>>68061798

>kills a little boy on his dirtbike
>kills jesse's girlfriend

fuck todd
>>
File: 129958-004-C9B8B89D.jpg (18 KB, 343x450) Image search: [Google]
129958-004-C9B8B89D.jpg
18 KB, 343x450
Anyone else felt bad for this guy?

>just trying to save the Aryan race that he's been fighting for all his life
>entire world turns into muh we're all equals and literally joins up to fight against him
>>
File: 893443343.png (311 KB, 717x395) Image search: [Google]
893443343.png
311 KB, 717x395
>>68062136
Lester
>>
>>68062280
lester killed his wife in a fit of rage then acted like a retard and confronted a professional assassin because of "muh assertiveness"
>>
>>68062136
Gus and the Asian chick
>>
Hon, did you stab the hostage?
>>
>>68062280
Every time he was on screen, I was hoping he'd die in some brutal way. Can't say I'm disappointed.
>>
Season 2 < Season 1
>>
>>68062047
This.
She was trying to cuck fat damon using some smooth moves.
>>
>>68062394
But that's wrong, hon.
>>
>>68062314
>>68062363
That's interesting. I must be autistic. I knew he was a guilty shitbag, but there was a big part of me that wanted him to get away for some reason.

I felt the same way about Buscemi and William H. Macy in the movie.
>>
>>68062532
oh lets not forget the part where he framed his brother for the murder of his wife and got his nephew to bring a gun to school
>>
>>68062532
I rooted for Lester at first, but then he got worse and worse.
>>
>>68062660
or when he sent his asian waifu to die

>>68062675
this.
but i knew he will get caught.
>>
File: dodd-fargo.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
dodd-fargo.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>68062348
>Brother gets murdered, ground up
>Father has a stroke
>Get cucked out of your legacy by your Mother
>Daughter is a coal burner, and traitor who hates you
>Get cattle prodded, punched and kidnapped by the people who murdered your brother
>Other brother doesn't give a fuck enough to help you in any way
>Get stabbed and possibly crippled by a crazy bitch
>Man servant betrays and murders you
Dodd did nothing wrong.
>>
>>68061798

Well...yeah.

That's part of what's interesting about when Bring It On and Night Owl are talking in the police car. You are supposed to partially sympathize with Dunst, but you are also supposed to recognize where she veers into utter bullshit. Likewise, you are supposed to recognize why Wilson can sincerely and persuasively root for the "old ways", while also understanding that he doesn't have all the answers.

It's sort of like how Season One's heroine is able to carry her father's torch, while also bringing out the inner goodness of both her eventual husband and also her idiot supervisor.

I liked that the show was able to have points of view without ever having one big fat didactic Point With A Capital P. If you don't believe that women can be heroes or whatever, then you're way too stupid for the show, and the show isn't going to bother trying to wise you up to that. No, instead the show is about characters getting into interesting adventures, and not all those characters, or adventures, are very nice.
>>
>>68062660
>>68062675
>>68062722
That's true. Now that I look back, it was harder to sympathize with him towards the end. But overall, his character came across as a sad dumbass making a series of stupid mistakes that eventually turned him into a hardened piece of shit.

It's hard for me not to sympathize.
>>
>>68062783
and after his death, the entire clan got rekt.
>>
>>68062783
>>Daughter is a coal burner
Don't hold it against her. Based Mike is too based.
>>
>>68063045
He really is.
>>
>>68062783

4/10 troll, try harder next time.

I liked how they handled the family plot. The mother fights hard for her position. However, the criminal system itself is BULLSHIT, and that's how it all ends up. The mother is smart and strong, but organized crime is too fundamentally ugly for her to succeed. Dodd narcissistically clings to his own babyish idea of what the old ways are. His other brother is a good man, but he has no legitimate power to change anything. The daughter tries to do what she can to live and survive, but her violations of the family's rules get her killed. And so on.

The shitty version of the show would have shown the mother becoming wildly successful. No, that's too easy, especially since it's pretty bizarre to assert that organized crime is an awesome career that rewards talent.

Hell, look at what happens to the black guy. He's awesome and smart, and then...he's promoted into a shitty office.
>>
>>68063077
>4/10 troll, try harder next time.
Dodd truly believed he was doing good.
>>
File: big_1450655401_image.jpg (71 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
big_1450655401_image.jpg
71 KB, 1280x718
Is this what you want, /tv/?
>>
>>68063151
What was his fucking problem?
>>
>>68063576
he never got a good haircut
>>
File: ookay.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
ookay.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>68063133
>Rape daughter
>Beat little brother for most of his life until he got too big
>Get nephew arrested despite little brother's specific instructions not to take him out
>Conspire to dethrone mother
>Be huge dick to Indian hitman

Wahhh why didn't anyone come save me
>>
>>68063948
>>Rape daughter
I must have missed that part. When did that happen?
>>
File: dodd.gif (2 MB, 540x270) Image search: [Google]
dodd.gif
2 MB, 540x270
>>68063948
>>
>>68064092
It apparently happened before the show when she was younger. The mom says something about how she's a slut because of what he did to her, so maybe not but its open to headcannon.

Either way everyone knew he abused her and hated him for it
>>
the entire colors and filter of season 2 were comfy as FUCK
>>
>>68064352
and the soundtrack.
god tier comfy television.
>>
>>68063151
That scene pissed me off. I didn't buy Lester's motivation for going over to him, it seemed like the hand of the author was way too visible in pushing him towards the end of his arc.
>>
>>68064511
Lester thought he was in the top of the world, he felt untouchable... and then he fucked up.
>>
>>68064589
Yeah, that's what we were meant to believe, but they were way too direct and ham-fisted with it. There's arrogance, and then there's absolute spacker retardation. It just didn't work.
>>
>>68061798
I blame the aliens
>>
File: lardmaster.jpg (168 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lardmaster.jpg
168 KB, 1280x720
I'm glad he died because he was fat.
>>
>>68064804
It's just a flying saucer, hon!
>>
>>68063045

This. The way he takes down the concept of "Minnesota niceness" was pretty amazing.
>>
Does anyone else think Mike was the worst character of S2. His actor always came into the scene in the worst exact way and I cringed at that Mike Milligan and the kitchen brothers prog rock line. He's just a mediocre actor who says every single line in the same exact expression, he always had that smug ass look on his face. Maybe he's sociopathic and be devoid of emotion, idk, but Malvo played a sociopath much better who wasn't wooden af. He just seems like a tryhard character written to be cool, yet just comes across as eyerolling. It really doesn't come across as him trying to portray a psychopath but more like the actor has no talent for acting. Not to mention his "badass" quotes seem like some amateur hack trying to fanboy over jules from pulp fiction.

The Blomquists, Dodd are by far the best characters and highlights of this season (also have the best actors). Lester and malvo were the best characters in s1, everyone else is eh tier
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.