[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wtf was his deal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: file.png (624 KB, 768x433) Image search: [Google]
file.png
624 KB, 768x433
wtf was his deal?
>>
>>68061074
>file.png
>>
That scene was totally unrealistic, no-way could a man survived being mauled by a bear
>>
Mother bear's are incredibly protective of their offspring.
>>
Watch Backcountry if you want to see a good bear attack.
>>
>>68061251
Well it was a female bear.
>>
File: 8b1.png (666 KB, 1126x845) Image search: [Google]
8b1.png
666 KB, 1126x845
>>68061074
Leo died to the bear, the way his soul was finally put to rest was him coping with the fact that he couldn't save his wife and provide for his son, by killing his former mentality (Tom Hardy) and finally coming to peace with who he is and what he's done. The movie is one big dream sequence.
>>
File: image.jpg (244 KB, 435x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
244 KB, 435x620
>>68061251
Multiple people have survived bear attacks, especially from grizzlys/ browns because they are usually not predatory. Ironically often when people accept death and stop struggling the bear will stop.

For black bears it's the opposite, you have to try to fight as hard as possible since they are less courageous but will actually try to eat you. Really large black bears might be scarier than grizzlies for this reason.

Many trappers and frontiersmen had missing ears, eyes or noses because of brown bear attacks.

Pic related, got mauled by grizzly
>>
>>68061251
People survive bear attacks more often than they die from them.
>>
>>68061510
>since they are less courageous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkwy0scRXBU
>>
File: 1392923395229.jpg (95 KB, 685x567) Image search: [Google]
1392923395229.jpg
95 KB, 685x567
>>68061461
I don't know about the dream stuff but I really did feel like the kid dying was Leo's fault. If what you're saying is actually on the mark then the whole story could really be considered a powerful allegory against miscegenation.
>>
>>68061510
Most of the stuff I've seen online doesn't exactly inspire confidence, what with most of being contradictory. I'm sure there's someone on reddit right now telling people to "make yourself look big, and roar." I'm pretty sure bear attacks just come down to how hungry the big bastards are. If anything the best advice is to just stay the fuck out of bear country.
>>
>>68061742
Essentially its the trials he faces before he can cleanse his soul and be at rest, hence why he sees his wife at the end. He's finally at peace.
>>
>>68062095
>I'm pretty sure bear attacks just come down to how hungry the big bastards are.

It really does. That's why that grizzly dude survived for all that time and then got recked. He hung out with them during spring and summer when they had plenty of salmon and berries in their stomachs and plenty more fish in the river, and so they had no reason to attack him for food. Then they got used to having him around and so he could get closer and closer while they were busy lounging. Then a strange bear showed up and didn't have time to get used to having him around, and the pair stuck around for the late year when the bear was desperate to bulk up enough to survive hibernation. With not as much other food around it decided to try for a human, because although it's a risk to attack a human it's an even bigger risk to go into winter without proper amounts of fat stored away.

Right before they hibernate and when they've got cubs to protect are the two times you really want to look out for bears, no matter what kind. And for the love of god never sneak around trying to be stealthy in bear-country.
>>
>/tv/ said there would be a giant bear penis raping leo
>/tv/ was wrong

i paid 5 bucks for that ticket too
>>
>>68061074
a doe a bear a female bear
ayy a drop of academy awards
>>
>>68061251
The bear didn't want to kill him

But that scene put the fear of bears in me. They are some grizzly fuckers
>>
>having to face a grizzly with flintlocks

You'd have a better chance going in with a goddamn saber unless you get a lucky shot.
>>
>>68062095
I went to Yellowstone for my graduation present about a decade ago. We had seen a black bear and we decided to kinda walk in the opposite direction. There was a valley in between the tree lines and we saw a grizzly bear that we had heard about earlier in the day. We start walking the other way when we run into a park ranger who was kinda following to make sure people were warned. She directs us up and down the trail because the bear kept switching directions. Long story short I got within 40 yards of a female grizzly and the only thing keeping me alive was my slow father, some asian couples and a female ranger. Luckily she was foraging for 4 cubs so we only got growled at which the ranger said normally we'd probably be dead.

http://blog.wildatheartimages.com/343/uncategorized/the-sad-story-of-a-yellowstone-grizzly-yellowstones-dunraven-sow/
>>
File: How to survive a bear attack.jpg (15 KB, 840x440) Image search: [Google]
How to survive a bear attack.jpg
15 KB, 840x440
>>68061510
>>
It's the bear's way of saying "Don't talk to me or my sons ever again"
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.