[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long do you think Rey's been a decent fighter, considering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: how do i shot blaster.jpg (76 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
how do i shot blaster.jpg
76 KB, 900x506
How long do you think Rey's been a decent fighter, considering she's still skinny as fuck? I wonder if she's spent her whole life being gang-raped and only just started developing her skills in self-defense (which would also explain her "I'm a stronk womyn and can take care of myself" attitude when a man offers her a gun). I very much doubt she's been able to successfully fend off every attacker she's come across.
>>
>>68060597
>How long do you think Rey's been a decent fighter, considering she's still skinny as fuck?
You realize she is a poor scavenger that barely has enough to eat right?
>>
>>68060849
So where does she get the strength to fight off a gang of grown men?
>>
maybe that old guy from the start trained her

i dunno what techniques he could've taught a 5'6 teen girl to allow her to beat gangs of stronk as fuck aliens though
>>
>>68061299
The plot
>>
>>68061415
basically this.
She's a scavenger who survived for like 10 years in a desert, she knows how to defend herself. It's completely acceptable for a character in a fairy tale.
>>
>>68061565
You don't learn martial arts in a vacuum. You could spend your entire life in the desert twirling a staff around and still end up getting your shit rekt the moment you enter a real fight. There's no way she'd win if the gang was set on murdering or raping her.
>>
>>68060597
>she's spent her whole life being gang-raped
I doubt she even knows what sex is.

But she spent 15 years getting bullied by other aliens for her scraps.
>>
>>68061851
She had a reputation though. The way she saved BB-8 the first time, she had done it without violence.
The gang was set to grab the droid, not to kill anyone. And it's a fairy tale - rape and sex don't exist here.
>>
wtf are u even talking about. she has the force u retards.
>>
>>68060849
We have absolutely no idea how nutritious those "portions" are, but they must be pretty good since she's obviously healthy. We already have the beginnings of superfoods in only the 21st century, let alone however far into the future. This is one of the more useless and uninteresting criticisms of what is already a space fantasy popcorn flick.
>>
>>68061851
She didn't use martial arts, and she probably got in fights before which is not a vacuum.
>>
>>68062625
Technically, everyone has the Force. I don't know why it's been changed so that only certain people have it.
>>
>>68062997
everyone still has midichllrines tho
>>
>>68062997
Just because some have it way more than others doesn't mean others don't have it.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 326x222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 326x222
>>68060597
>realism
It's all about shoving in SJW propaganda.

Kasdan said in an interview that he and JJ asked themselves what it would be like if the Nazis had gone to Argentina and regrouped after WWII.

From birth, Jews are raised with this idea that homogeneous white societies will inevitably result in goose-stepping, ethnic cleansing, and warmongering. And I could understand that outlook if history had begun in 1930. But the truth is, whites are the most egalitarian and least barbaric group in human history.

That's what frustrates many of us when jewish SJW Hollywood sensibilities become accepted norms. They're slanted, prejudiced and their bias goes unchallenged by everyone.

The First Order was a Jewish take on ultimate evil. And because modern Jews are obsessed with The Shoah and WWII everything magically relates to MUH SIX MILLION.

It has gotten boring. It's stale. I wish we could get a more nuanced view of evil, but that won't happen because show-biz Jews always find a way of politicizing everything.

Like, recently I saw a movie set in 1920s London. There were several shots of a black man and a white woman walking as a couple in the street. It was there to sell us something. It was out of place and revisionist. It's tacky and it's condescending.

The objective is to shape public opinion with the assumption that everyone needs "educating" and are too dumb to pick up on the flagrant advertising of their agenda. In this case, it was a short throwaway scene and it still took me out of the movie. The message is basically, "You're too dumb to find the right opinions by yourself, so we're going to give you direction by placing propaganda in the media you consume."

SJW placement just seems dishonest and manipulative. Flagrant product placement annoys me whether it's a product I like or not. It takes me out of the ride that it should be, pauses everything to remind me what I'm supposed to think, and then expects me to jump back in with full enthusiasm.
>>
>>68060597
Let's be honest. 30 years ago, before everyone got fat, she would have been very average. It really pisses me off that every skinny chick is hot now and can score dudes that should be out of their league. I was born in the wrong decade.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.