[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kino: The Series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: rescue_muh.jpg (89 KB, 490x666) Image search: [Google]
rescue_muh.jpg
89 KB, 490x666
Only a pleb would dismiss this masterpiece of the small screen.
>superb dialogue
>absolute pinnacle of character progression
>raw and emotional subject matter

Seriously, why haven't you marathoned this yet /tv/?
>>
>>68059314
I concur OP; it's a fantastic show.
>>
>>68059314
Kino is about what you see.
Not what you hear or infer.
It's visual storytelling.
>>
I remember the dick sucking debate
>>
It's a great show, I don't think I finished the last season or 2, thanks for reminding me, might rewatch it all again.
>>
>>68059314
Fuck, this show was the best. Perfect balance of drama and comedy.
>>
The only person I've met who watched this was also a fire-fighter, and swore he didn't watch it only because he was also a fire-fighter.
>>
>>68059854
Just because you have no friends and your circle of people to draw from is so minuscule, does NOT mean that people were uninterested in the show.
>>
>>68059314
but I watched it while it was still on. Shit, I might even re-watch it. GOAT show
>>
>>68059314
Seasons 1-3: Brilliant Sopranos-style drama with great firefighting sequences, hilarious dialogue, and a general air of "must-see TV". The writing in some subplots isn't that good but the show feels unpredictable and fresh as a result.

Season 4: Starts to hit the wall and introduces some shitty characters. Writing gets more vulgar and less interesting. Too much emasculation of Tommy. More characters get awful subplots like Tommy's daughter.

Season 5: Way too fucking long. This is the worst season. Leary is starting to kill off characters for the sake of drama and it's not working. Fire sequences start to get cheaper and used more sparingly. Awful subplots that just end.

Seasons 6-7: Mostly bad but the ending is actually quite good, and pretty much saved the show from being a waste of time.

Overall I give this series a 6/10 by virtue of the first 3 seasons and the last episode.
>>
holy shit i thought i was the only one who watched and liked this

it's my favorite tv show of all time, i consider it better than (still great) series like sopranos or breaking bad

it's just not known enough, i've tried to suggest it to some friends but they're like "never heard of it, lemme check, oh it's about firefighters, lol it must suck"
>>
>>68062436
Fair assessment. I don't think the "bad" seasons were quite as terrible as you make them out to be. That being said, there was a steady decline after season 4. IMO the last season felt rushed and hastily thrown together.
>>
I really hated how Tommy was pretty much the same no matter what. They would give him some major characterization and then just get rid of it.
>>
>>68062759
I don't know they pretty much wussified him in the last three seasons. it kind of sucked.
>it's a "the youngest daughter is drunk" episode
that was when it jumped the shark for me.
>>
Only a newfag 15 year old would use the word kino in such an awkward and unfunny fashion.
>>
is the ending of Devil the most powerful scene in television ever? I can't help but get the shivers every time i watch it, it's just so perfect
>>
>>68062982
is that the one where Tommy beats up Johnny in the restaurant and on the street? That was fucking incredible. and the episode that ends with the "rape" that turns into consensual sex was good too. Season 3 was probably my favorite one.
>>
>>68062802
>you will never fuck Colleen
>>
File: you_have_to_go_back.webm (880 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
you_have_to_go_back.webm
880 KB, 640x360
>>68062936
>>
>>68063019
nope, it doesn't let me post the link since it thinks it's spam, google rescue me devil and it's on a russian video site /video9862615_165863475
>>
>>68063147
So you are a newshit?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.