[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Sails
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: gaypirates.jpg (59 KB, 412x309) Image search: [Google]
gaypirates.jpg
59 KB, 412x309
At what point did the series jump the shark?
>>
>>68057085
The series started good but it turned to shit in season 3
>>
I'd say it was when the slave society entered into the plot. Both Silver and Flint are developing backwards >muh darkness, >muh pain.

Vane's motivations are completely unclear. Blondie's being a double crossing skank, again. Rackam has "a thing" now. The whole slave society is bluntly retconned into the plot...

It's clearly going downhill at that point, and I don't think it's going to get better.

Should've just ended it when it was still good.
>>
>>68057238
that's exactly when I stopped watching it.
>>
>>68057085
when they made flint a fucking faggot
>>
when Vane and his magic pirate-ninja crew teleported from Nassau to the Carolinas without anyone knowing it
>>
>>68057085
S01E01
>>
>>68057085
When the main dude and Vayn (Vane?) started fucking, I never watched another episode.
>>
File: 1432184195673.jpg (178 KB, 869x625) Image search: [Google]
1432184195673.jpg
178 KB, 869x625
Things that bothered me. Flint was gay for the sake of HAVING A GAY FUCKING CHARACTER ON THE SHOW. Those fucking slaves working together with Flint (come on now seriously). Oh and lets not forget the totally useless nigress that has been in every single episode since season 1 episode 1 and has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Im mad because i enjoyed it, but i lost interest after the whole village of niggerous joined in. Not because i hate blacks, its because there have no business being there historically
>>
>>68058687
Flint and Vane never fucked tho.
>>
when they realized Game of Thrones was off air and they didn't have to compete for ratings
>>
>>68058687
My cock just flew out of my pants
>>
>>68058687
Whoever it was that Flint buttfucked for no reason other than having a gay pirate then. I can't must enough care to remember. Thought it was Vane, oh well
>>
>>68058727
>Not because i hate blacks, its because there have no business being there historically

Runaway slaves hiding and building a village doesn't seem absurd, to be honest.
>>
>>68058843
It is though.
>>
>>68058923
How so?
>>
>>68058935
Does it really need explaining? Slaves of the time managing a ship and setting sail succesfully to an island while managing to evade the authorities of the time and building a village were they floorish safe from whitey?
>>
>>68057195
Because they reduced the sex scenes ?
>>
It didn't. Season 1 was weak, season 2 was excellent, and season 3 was on par with 2. The show is just getting better.
>>
>>68058923
What is, Haiti?
>>
>>68059018
your stupid. why the fuck would that be impossible? jamaica is full of blacks for examples
>>
>>68059018
>Slaves of the time managing a ship and setting sail succesfully to an island
Who says they haven't had help?

>while managing to evade the authorities of the time and building a village were they floorish safe from whitey
They aren't safe tho, that's the whole point of them cooperating with Flint's crew.
>>
>>68059303
so is australia but i doupt they sailed there from Africa mate
>>
when the main character literally jumps a shark
>>
>>68059975
kek. true.
>>
>>68058831
his name was thomas hamilton
>>
>>68059281
what is all of the carabieen and the bahamas
>>
The series has its problems but its still one of the best hours in my week , im enjoying season 3 thoroughly
>>
File: tooth pepe.png (51 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
tooth pepe.png
51 KB, 240x232
>>68057085
>filename isn't buttpirates.jpg
>>
>>68060639
>>68057085
>>68058356
>>68058525
>>68058687
>>68058727
>>68058831
but you're okay with Jack Sparrow being a faggot in 5 blockbuster movie
>>
>>68059170
wut
>>
>>68060814
Those were terrible Disney flicks anyway.
>>
The best parts for me was S1 when you saw Flints elaborate scheming and you questioned if it was deliberate or the work of a genius. Also his Naval battle when he keeps shooting the other boats steerer. Bought a smile to my face
>>
>>68059088

There were less but of higher quality this season.

> That one scene with max visibly covered is sweat with that Eleanor look a like.
>>
>>68061324
i found the ship repairing part great too.
and in fight, when they introduced the sniper guy.

and in season two capturing the ship by himself.
>>
Everything happening in Nassau is boring shit, everything else is excellent.
>>
The fuck, season 3 is objectively the best season yet.
>>
>>68062201
why?
>>
>>68062201
season 3 got only popular because muh Ray Stevenson

season 2 had more action an twists
>>
All the pointless strong womyn subplots ruin the vieuwing experience and slow everything down. How many are there now, three? Four?

I just tune out between ship-related scenes.
>>
I wish Black Sails was about pirates, and not hookers, memelords, badass chicks and that shirtless twat Vane mincing about in town on that damn island pretending to be political when in fact it's just boring padding.

I watched all of S1 and half of S2, does it ever start being about pirates/piracy?
>>
>>68064502
there are sword-fights, treasure hunting, sailing, sailing in storm, fishing, what the hell do you expect more?

>>68064355
what kind of woman do you want? only whores? if there would be no women then you would chanting 'buttpirates'
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.