[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>trained from birth soldier >never shown to posses any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 17
>trained from birth soldier
>never shown to posses any fighting skills besides retard strength

why waste such a good characters backstory. rei was portrayed as a much better fighter than someone who was basically born to do it
>>
>>68056816
Stormtroopers are not fighters, they're grunts trained to follow orders and shoot things and people on command, like in real life armies.
>>
>>68056980
I'm pretty sure real life armies teach their soldiers how to effectively kill a target beyond "point your gun and shoot at it"
>>
>>68057129
I don't think there's much hand to hand combat going on in the Star Wars universe when your opponents have laser guns and lightsabers.
>>
>>68057174
ya but when the laser guns are as inaccurate as they are in star wars i think hand to hand combat would be important

i can't help but laugh everytime a laser misses a NON MOVING target, especially after finns ship was shown to have a really good targeting system. like when they missed shooting the millenium falcon while it took 10 minutes just to start moving
>>
>>68057250
Stormtroopers are just bad, it's a tradition. Supposedly the comics make them lethal and precise, but I haven't read them.
>>
>>68056816
Black Stormtroopers explains why they couldn't aim for shit.
>>
File: 2v8rf2e.png (413 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
2v8rf2e.png
413 KB, 800x450
>>68057174
But the Jedi will have a much harder time swinging his lightsaber if you disable his hand
>>
>>68057361
But what if he uses the force to swing his lightsaber?
>>
>>68056816
>>never shown to posses any fighting skills

He uses a blaster pretty accurately in the movie.
>>
File: 1360110636735.gif (2 MB, 517x349) Image search: [Google]
1360110636735.gif
2 MB, 517x349
>>68056816
>rei was portrayed as a much better fighter than someone who was basically born to do it

Rey is the reincarnation of Obi-Wan Kenobi. His Force ghost was running out of juice, so with Luke's help, he was reborn as Rey.

Mark this date and time, because you heard it here first.
>>
>>68056816
I saw this kinó 12 times in the cinéma
>>
>>68056816
Finn gets his ass kicked by everyone. Even other storm troopers. He just isn't a very good fighter.

They probably left him in the squad cause he's just a big guy who could be used for dumb shit like literally shooting unarmed civilians like in the opening of the movie.
>>
>>68057444
I said it would be harder, not impossible
>>
>>68057129

Well, no, they really don't. Some close quarters combat is taught and practiced but during combat it is highly discouraged to rely on it when you have a multitude of other options.
>>
>>68056816

All a stormtrooper needs to do is be decent with a blaster, which he is. I'm also convinced this is all they are taught as they show no other signs of combat training or how to move like a squad etc.
>>
>>68056816
>no fighting skills
>held his own against sickspins and an injured Kylo Ren
Did we watch the same fucking movie?
>>
>>68057480
this part was unironically cool....they are sensing eachothers movements so a duel would practically have that if its evenly matched

or shes his granddaughter. many think shes a kenobi. it would be pottery for luke to teach a kenobi
>>
File: 1451763826083.jpg (98 KB, 1024x610) Image search: [Google]
1451763826083.jpg
98 KB, 1024x610
>>68057667
>Held his own against sickspins
Who the fuck is sickspins?
Do you mean TR-8R?
Because he got his shit pushed in by him
>>
>>68057724

Obi-Wan was pretty into the whole jedi thing however, I doubt he had any kids.
>>
>>68056816
>trained from birth soldier

Top KEK. Do you think a 3 month old baby can hold a blaster? You fucktard.
>>
>>68057667

Kylo Ren didn't really show much proficiency with a lightsaber throughout the movie. If it wasn't for his force powers he'd be a chump and would probably lose to even sickspins.
>>
>>68057565
well there hasnt really been a "modern" war for the soldiers to actually show their talents. we have a lot of conflicts that just break down to soldiers killing almost defenseless people (people that do have weapons but are horrible with them) in a really fast paced manner. theres no firefights, just pop in, kill them, and peace out, or bomb the area if that's allowed
>>
File: 1433385263263.jpg (21 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
1433385263263.jpg
21 KB, 630x420
>>68057724
>shes his granddaughter. many think shes a kenobi. it would be pottery for luke to teach a kenobi

Too much backstory, although I've discussed this at length at length with my local Jedi Council*. You'd have to not only explain who Obi-Wan's "illegal" (by Jedi standards) wife is, but his offspring...does Rey have cousins? Uncles? Aunts? She has a strong orphan vibe to her, in any case (I'm talking as a writer here, not an autist).

Reincarnation explains Maz Kanata's deceleration that she "sees the same people's eyes in different people" (paraphrase). It's a clue that reincarnation exists in the SW universe now, and that just like the Tibetan version, encountering familiar objects (like Anakin/Luke's lightsaber) can trigger previous memories...

*Bunch of fat neckbeards taking a nacho break from Magic: The Gathering
>>
>>68057822
they're like the nazi kids. they learn to be cold hearted and lose their morality really easily when they're kids. that seems like it would be a benefit while fighting
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 326x222) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 326x222
>>68056816
It's all about shoving in SJW propaganda.

Kasdan said in an interview that he and JJ asked themselves what it would be like if the Nazis had gone to Argentina and regrouped after WWII.

From birth, Jews are raised with this idea that homogeneous white societies will inevitably result in goose-stepping, ethnic cleansing, and warmongering. And I could understand that outlook if history had begun in 1930. But the truth is, whites are the most egalitarian and least barbaric group in human history.

That's what frustrates many of us when jewish SJW Hollywood sensibilities become accepted norms. They're slanted, prejudiced and their bias goes unchallenged by everyone.

The First Order was a Jewish take on ultimate evil. And because modern Jews are obsessed with The Shoah and WWII everything magically relates to MUH SIX MILLION.

It has gotten boring. It's stale. I wish we could get a more nuanced view of evil, but that won't happen because show-biz Jews always find a way of politicizing everything.

Like, recently I saw a movie set in 1920s London. There were several shots of a black man and a white woman walking as a couple in the street. It was there to sell us something. It was out of place and revisionist. It's tacky and it's condescending.

The objective is to shape public opinion with the assumption that everyone needs "educating" and are too dumb to pick up on the flagrant advertising of their agenda. In this case, it was a short throwaway scene and it still took me out of the movie. The message is basically, "You're too dumb to find the right opinions by yourself, so we're going to give you direction by placing certain things in the media you consume."

SJW placement just seems dishonest and manipulative. Flagrant product placement annoys me whether it's a product I like or not. It takes me out of the ride that it should be, pauses everything to remind me what I'm supposed to think, and then expects me to jump back in with full enthusiasm.
>>
>>68056816
He was trained from birth to flush toilets though.
>>
>>68057871

What do you mean by 'modern' war? We have armed conflict all over the planet. At no point would it be a good idea to use your kung fu shit on an armed combatant.
>>
>>68057724
The Jedi Code forbade intimate relationships. Obi-Wan doesn't strike me as the kind of man who would abandon the jedi way and have children despite the fall of the order.
>>
>>68057971
This is like the tenth time you've copy and pasted that shit fucktard. What is wrong with you?
>>
File: 1392092636130.jpg (50 KB, 319x416) Image search: [Google]
1392092636130.jpg
50 KB, 319x416
>killing people?! i can't do that! i need to get away from this killing!
>*kills dozens of storm troopers, likely some that he has known since birth, as he leaves*

oh yeah this was written by retards
>>
>>68058012
i mean, two first world countries fighting eachother.

like if russia and the US went to war, im sure we would have some kungfu battles in dark corridors after everyone runs out of ammo from 8+ hours of firefights. it's not the same when a first world country takes on a 3rd world country that doesn't have any training

spike used to have a show called Deadliest warrior that would show (albeit, dramatize) a fight between like the spetsnaz and a navy seal. it was amusing, but it almost always ended in a close quarters knife fight
>>
>>68057783
And Luke was pretty into his friends and sister and then he just left.
>>
>>68056816
The most unbelievable thing in the movie was when Finn, raised his whole life as a stormtrooper, picked up a blaster and fired a two separate targets and hit them both.
>>
>>68058109
I've never seen such flagrant retardation in a single post until I saw yours
Holy fuck do you even have the slightest grasp on reality?
>>
>>68058078
>killing INNOCENT people is the keyword here.
>>
File: Highly dedicated fan.jpg (28 KB, 437x564) Image search: [Google]
Highly dedicated fan.jpg
28 KB, 437x564
>>68058078
>killing people?! i can't do that! i need to get away from this killing!

This was never Finn's position.

He was sick of being on the wrong side. Clearly, the only thing keeping him in the Stormtroopers' ranks was fear and a buddy he made there (obviously, he was never pals with fellow classmate TR-8R).

Once his buddy (bloody hand guy) died, he said, "fuck it, I'm outta here, YOLO".
>>
>>68058283
Oops, didn't mean to greentext there.
>>
>>68058078
>killing people in self-defense as you're running away is the same as killing innocent civilians!
Seriously?
>>
File: 003.jpg (32 KB, 400x574) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
32 KB, 400x574
>>68057971
>Like, recently I saw a movie set in 1920s London. There were several shots of a black man and a white woman walking as a couple in the street.

The reality was more touching. Pic related.
>>
i wish this movie explained what the fuck happened to all the jedi in the prologue. i went into it without having seen any other movie and was so confused as to why there were no new jedi. like it was implied that the jedis were killed but then they said that jedis just feel the force and don't need an instructor, so why arent there new jedis being born..
>>
>>68057294
Star Wars in books has always been a giant power wank of one writer trying to one up another.

At one point we had Star Destroyers which could nuke planets in orbits with their lasers which apparently have the destructive force of hundreds of nukes (defeating the entire purpose of making a death star) and Luke being a god of war who can solo armies.
>>
>>68058275
Not this guy but why is he wrong tho? Genuinely curious.
>>
File: issenterprise.jpg (263 KB, 1080x540) Image search: [Google]
issenterprise.jpg
263 KB, 1080x540
>>68058466
>At one point we had Star Destroyers which could nuke planets in orbits with their lasers which apparently have the destructive force of hundreds of nukes

In other words, the ISS Enterprise?
>>
>>68058533
imperial star fleet>starfleet
>>
>>68058533
Not doubting Star Trek is also wanky.

The point is that if star destroyers are being written as capable of destroying planets, then what was the point of the death star. Its inconsistent. At least Trek is consistent.

People moan that the EU being gone is bad, but the EU was nothing but one inconsistent wank after the next. The new EU is already slowly going that way with Luke the god jedi. Once more, this being rather inconsistent to the movies as he wasn't some god tier mega warrior when he fought in Ep 6.
>>
>>68058533
Genesis Engine > Death Star

Keep the planet intact, but destroy all life. Can still use all the resources on the planet and there's no mess, debris or gravitational changes in that solar system.
>>
>>68058611
>doesnt realize how stupid powerful Star Fleet is
Star Trek has these stupid extremes. The smaller yet overwhelmingly more powerful and versatile Star Trek ships would wreck the star wars ones.

Star Wars is one of the lesser sci-fi settings from a power levels standpoint. They have the least useful just about everything. Even their guns are shit.
>>
The real question is, if Finn was trained from birth to be a remorseless killer for the First Order, why would he be so hesitant to kill in his first deployment and how could he possibly be such a normal guy with a decent moral compass?

Child soldiers aren't normal people, they're all kinds of fucked up.
>>
File: Khan.jpg (19 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
Khan.jpg
19 KB, 400x266
>>68058678
>Genesis Engine > Death Star

My nigga.
>>
>>68058467
Military personnel, namely infantrymen, aren't trained in "Kung-fu" or other martial arts. They're trained to grapple and wrestle in only the most dire of situations. Sure, some of their training will include facets of some martial arts as base materials, but you'll never ever see two soldiers in any sort of fight that isn't just a straight up brawl.
When you have a squad, your own rifle, a sidearm, a knife, and any other multitude of weapons that is standard issue on any soldier then the odds of any hand-to-hand combat is so infinitely small that it isn't even a real problem.
Also, basing any ideas off of what was seen in Deadliest Warrior is just guaranteed to make you look like an idiot. That show is 100% dramatization with little to no basis in reality.
>>
>>68058078
No one has friends in the First Order. The troopers dont have identities or names and their only reason for being is to serve the Supreme Leader. Finn outright says Rey is the only person who ever saw him as a human being.

I think youre the retard here.
>>
>>68058433
There were new ones in training by Luke but Kylo killed them.
>>
>>68058739
star wars is a fantasy samurai western space opera

and im talking about looks. im not a fucking nerd, plus star trek isnt scifi at all its fantasy the strength doesnt matter its bullshit.
>>
>>68058865
Ah ok. I thought by "kung-fu" he just meant tackling/grappling/knife fight etc. Also didn't see that show
>>
>>68057519
Finn sort of highlights the problem with Hux's child soldier brainwashing plan.

There's no garauntee that the kids you kidnap will be effective, brave or even loyal soldiers when they grow up.
>>
>>68058902
but rey was born with force powers, seems like there would be kids being born with force powers everyday and they would eventually go on to become shitty versions of jedis unless the bad guys went around tracking them down like they did in the xmen movies
>>
>>68057724

Jyn is Rey's mom tho.
>>
>>68059006
I didn't read earlier that you didn't see the other movies. You're right in that there's a thing called force sensitivity which is basically something you're born with or not, and at different levels. Although it seems like Rey advanced hers with no training due to bad writing, keep in mind she wasn't always using it, since we don't see her using it at the beginning of the movie.

The other force sensitive kids probably got scooped up by Snooke or Luke depending on where they were born.
>>
File: todd.jpg (8 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
8 KB, 320x320
>>68056816
I agree. He should act more like Kurt Russel did.
>>
>>68057129
Not when their entire focus is to just have a massive army that follows orders and is completely disposable. They are shaves, who gives a fuck if they can fight well, they are disposable.
>>
>>68057324
He was literally the best shot in the movie next to Han and chewie.
>>
>>68059432
that might be true in other countries but at least in america it's an extreme rarity for a soldier to actually die, and when they do it's made into a huge deal with the media
>>
>>68057667
>held his own against sickspins
You're shitting me, right? He literally didn't get in a single hit and was disarmed and lying helpless on the ground by the end of the fight.
>>
>>68056980
They're described as early as Episode IV as an elite force.
>>
File: 1405160556294.png (249 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1405160556294.png
249 KB, 500x281
>>68059506
>in america it's an extreme rarity for a soldier to actually die

>Battle Of Mogadishu
>(minor skirmish, by WW2 standards)
>Delta Force operator gets zerg swarmed by skinnies
>killed, naked body dragged through the streets
>(no shit...this was shown on the nightly news at the time)
>there's now a front line Predator drone named after him

It's funny how we put up with space opera tropes when reality has already radically diverged in a hard-SF direction...
>>
>>68059811
mogadishu was literally 23 years ago, that's almost vietnam era
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 519x392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 519x392
>>68057971
Come on man...
>>
>>68059432
There's a razor joke in here somewhere.
>>
File: Tears Of Freedom.jpg (25 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
Tears Of Freedom.jpg
25 KB, 400x266
>>68059894

Headline 2020:

DRONE PILOT GETS CARPAL TUNNEL FROM DRONE JOYSTICK:
What went wrong? Congressional investigation commences this week.
>>
>>68060036
She looks jewish
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 519x392) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 519x392
>>68057971
>>68060036
Actually that other pic was from the 50's. This one is from the 1910's
>>
>>68060086
That was the wrong picture, from the 50's. Look at this one >>68060103

It is NOT hard to find vintage pictures of interracial couples.
>>
the real question is who actually trained kylo ren? was it a story-driven decision to make him appear bad at fighting or was it just poor directing?

he just seems really awkward and bad at fighting unless he uses his OP force powers
>>
>>68060249
kylo's learned combat from watching others, and didn't really have any good examples to learn from. any decent OG jedi would have been able to him down relatively quickly
>>
>>68060249
>who actually trained kylo ren?
You didn't pay attention, did you? Luke started to train him, then he was seduced to the Dark Side by Snoke.
>>
>>68058283
Ok, but if he feels that way about the First Order, then shouldn't logically other storm troopers feel the same way?

>Oh shit I just killed a bunch of people who share the exact same sentiments and viewpoints I do about murdering innocent civilians!!!
>>
>>68061350
Who says they don't but don't do shit about it? Or that there haven't been other situations like this?
>>
>>68058901
>Finn outright says Rey is the only person who ever saw him as a human being.

>niggers
>human beings
Did you autists seriously pay money to see this piece of shit?
>>
>>68061534
pol pls :)
>>
>>68058770

"Because it's the right thing to do."

As if he'd have any clue what that was without some major rehabilitation.
>>
>>68061751
nigger please
>>68060103
>>
>>68062203
???
>>
>>68061534
Dude Rey used to live with tons of freaky aliens and shit. A nigger wasn't exactly the worse shit she ever saw. That's why she treated him decently.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 601x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 601x250
He'll be an action star in the sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbSXrH_CPKg
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.