[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: EnterpriseCrewSeason1.jpg (817 KB, 2336x3504) Image search: [Google]
EnterpriseCrewSeason1.jpg
817 KB, 2336x3504
What went wrong?
>>
>>68055142
It's been a long time
>>
>>68055175
gettin' from there to here
>>
>>68055175
But my time is finally near
>>
>>68055142
Theme song, the channel it was on.

Otherwise it's easily one of the better trek series overall, probably even better than most of DS9.
>>
>>68055305
but my time is finally here
>>
Season 3 and 4 were good.
>>
>>68055142

Focused way too much on a redneck hick check character who was the antithesis of Star Trek.
>>
File: shran.jpg (19 KB, 492x400) Image search: [Google]
shran.jpg
19 KB, 492x400
Theme song

Not having this guy on more often.

And I assume the last episode. Though I refused to watch it after I read how much it sucked ass so I may be wrong about that.
>>
>>68055441
You mean Tucker? m8 he was a McCoy expy.
>>
File: Degra2154.jpg (451 KB, 854x1049) Image search: [Google]
Degra2154.jpg
451 KB, 854x1049
>>68055351
after slogging through 95 episodes with this theme, I can definitely say it's "near".

also, based Degra
>>
File: enterprise = the office.jpg (912 KB, 1106x2867) Image search: [Google]
enterprise = the office.jpg
912 KB, 1106x2867
not enough phlox or shran
too much tucker
that awful forced tucker/t'pol relationship (WE MUST DO NAKED MEDITATION TO CLEAR YOUR MIND)
"shipping" in general
not enough t'pol tits
>>
It didn't get 7 seasons. Average episode quality of season 1-3 is higher than that of TNG. Like TOS with the character development of DS9. Also the comfiest trek categorically. Check out the books.
>>
>>68055512
You are correct, it is "near", while we're at it let's all sing along together now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USXQ758nVBQ&nohtml5=False
>>
File: 23489568937478543.jpg (36 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
23489568937478543.jpg
36 KB, 500x281
>>68055563
Tbph I wanted to see more of Phlox wife.
>>
The only good thing about this show was the intro sequence/song and the Xindi arc
>>
Shitty Patch Adams theme song
Too much time travel bullshit
Mostly forgettable supporting characters (I literally can't remember much about Mayweather or Hoshi other than basic details)
Forced romance between Tucker and T'Pol
Ignored potential bromance between Malcom and Tucker
Scott Bakula phoning it in most of the time
Trying to "fix" discrepancies between TOS and the newer series
That fucking final episode

There were some good nuggets here and there, like the "lost at sea" ep with Malcom and Tucker, the Terra Nova stuff, a more in depth view of how Klingon society works, but mostly it was just a consistently mediocre cable Sci-Fi show.
>>
File: trash.png (270 KB, 373x503) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
270 KB, 373x503
>>68055563
>too much tucker
>>
>>68055325
>>68055484
>>68055712
Wtf? I he theme song was so good. Why do you faggots dislike it?
>>
prick bergman
>>
why they wearing yeezys?
>>
>>68055484
Just watch it so you know how bad it is
>>
>>68055758
because faggots have better taste than you

>>68055840
no
>>
>>68055758
Because it's a crappy, annoying pop song that was literally just taken from the Patch Adams soundtrack.

Everything about this show felt cobbled together. Like UPN wanted a new Star Trek show so Paramount just slapped something together with what they had laying around.
>>
>>68055142
flawed, boring concept from it's inception
The Star Trek universe is handicapped by no-one having the balls to make something that isn't a safe and predictable soap opera.
>>
>>68055869
>no
You have to feel the same pain we all did faggot
>>
Best Theme song of all the Trek Shows and season 1 was awesome, after that the episodes with time travel and the future wars were awesome too, all and all, it was a good show.
>>
So I'm watching this series for the first time, currently halfway through season 4. How much of a disappointment am I in for?
>>
Unbelievably dull cast and characters
>>
>>68055892
>>68055869
But it wasn't crappy or annoying. It fit the niave optimistic nature of star trek imo
>>
>>68056087

You won't like the last episode, there was a totally unnecessary death in it.
>>
>>68056247
Ok, I feared they were gonna reset the entire timeline or some bullshit. That doesn't sound quite as bad as I thought.
>>
TOS was an allegory for the Cold War.
ENT had every opportunity to be a moral and cerebral counterpoint to the War On Terror... But instead Archer was just a more child-like Picard.
>>
>>68056289

Nah they wrap up the story without the temporal timeline bullshit, but kill off a character to make the episode feel super important or something.
>>
>>68055142

Everyone was sick of Star Trek

Autists sperged out about the model spaceship

it's my second favorite series now
>>
For what it's worth, I liked Enterprise, but:

Not enough nostalgia. They fixed this by the end of the series where they go crazy with the references to Star Trek lore, but it was too late. They spend most of the series trying to do new things and have epic adventures that nobody even remembers in the future.

Most of the characters are rather boring.

Nude Vulcan massages. Needless fanservice. Star Trek fanservice should be more subtle and funny, not HERE T'POL'S NUDE BACKSIDE BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT!

Too much melodrama with not doing enough to build the characters up and make you care about them. It also tried to be too serious. They fixed this again by the end of the series by going crazy with awesomely cool ideas, but it was again too late.
>>
>>68055142
Berman and Braga were allowed near it.
>>
Reality TV killed big-budget scifi shows just as the show was starting to figure out how to be good

>so we can spend $2 million per Star Trek episode for mediocre ratings, or $500k per Survivor episode for better ratings
>hmmmmmm
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.