[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /tv/, I'm almost done watching Daredevil S2 and already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: BuYd1I5IAAALVrR[1].jpg_large.jpg (76 KB, 1024x630) Image search: [Google]
BuYd1I5IAAALVrR[1].jpg_large.jpg
76 KB, 1024x630
Hi /tv/,

I'm almost done watching Daredevil S2 and already watched Jessica Jones. What other superhero TV shows would you recommend? I'm torn between The Flash, Arrow, Gotham?
>>
Gotham, start on s2
>>
>>68055005
Watch seasons 1 and 2 of arrow

then stop watching it forever

watch season one of the flash

continue only if you really liked it
>>
>>68055005
Gotham sucks the proverbial BBC
>>68055021
>>
>>68055005
The Flash if you want a comic-book feel.
Arrow if you want heavy melodrama.
Gotham is good but should be avoided if you are after fidelity to the source material.
>>
>>68055052
this post holds the truth

arrow season 1 & 2 are god tier capeshit
>>
Gotham is pretty good, Flash is okay, can be a bit cringy sometimes.

Arrow is complete and utter shit from the very beginning and doesn't get better. Dude they have playing Oliver is just awful and then there's so randumb Felicity (admittedly an issue flash suffers from too with Cisco, but hes not quite as bad) and the token tough black guy. And Laurel is just total top lel, no redeeming features whatsoever.
>>
Gotham S1 is a bit dry and procedural and S2 is GOAT going full crazy although the finales are always underwhelming somehow.

Flash has some good hype and isn't afraid of doing things from the comics but has typical CW cringe drama.

Arrow sucks at this point, don't even bother.
>>
>>68055005
Couldn't get past 2eps of Gotham.

Arrow went to shit after season 1 imo.

I fucking LOVE the Flash, watch all of it.

Start on season 2 of Agents of Shield. It starts off really boring because all the MCs are human but midway through season 2 they introduce "mutants" basically, into the mcu, and now season 3 is basically XMEN on tv. Skip season 1. The series should have literally began on season 2. Also, if you like the mcu, and are interested in the upcoming INHUMANS movie (basically xmen), then you'll want to watch AOS since the Inhumans get their origin in that show.
>>
>>68055052
This, season 2 of Arrow is some of the best capeshit tv ever made. Stop after season 2, though.

The Flash has been very good so far. I hope it doesn't go downhill in its third season the way Arrow did.

Gotham is fucking boring.
>>
>>68055005
avoid arrow if you hate drama
flash is decent in s1, s2 has the same plot with a different nemesis
haven't watched gotham
>>
>>68055005
Don't do what this guy >>68055370 says about Agents of SHIEL, season 1 is super important for character building, since all of them start so innocent and become more punished
>>
Gotham isn't peddling any agendas and trumps CW shit's production values so that.
>>
>>68055608
So you atleast agree that AOS is good though? Also, it just took too long for me to actually begin liking the characters is AOS. Like the show doesn't pick up steam for me until like ep10 of season 1, and I didn't truly care for anyone until s2.

I would just hate for op to get bored on s1 and lose interest in the show, cuz s2 and s3 are legit.
>>
>>68055082
As opposed to the alternative capeshit shows which suck the literal BBC.
>>
>>68055005
Gotham S2 > Flash S1-2/Arrow S1-2 > Gotham S1 > Supergirl S1 > A pile of shit > Arrow S3-4
>>
>>68055842
yeah i agree with you, the pilot episode is the worst of them all but i kind of enjoyed the episodic feel of the fist season tho i can understand why people don't like it

it just felt like a syfy show, which might be good or bad depending if you like it
>>
>>68055434
>Gotham is fucking boring.
It has the best drama and writing, that's for sure, but takes the entire first season to find it's foot. Flash is more fun tough, because it has tons of capeshit stuff.
>>
>>68055005
You shouldn't watch anymore then.
>>
>>68055005
Gotham starts as the worst of the 3, but as of now it's the best of them.
>>
>>68055005
Legends of Tomorrow is the best cape series out there at the moment
>>
>>68056384
Eh it's okay, nothing amazing. The villain is really bad, a bunch of fillers episodes. I wouldn't recommend unless you are already a Flash or Arrow fan. If you want a time travel show, Doctor Who is the way to go. At least in that show they actually go to a different place each episode.
>>
Arrow only gets interesting when Deathstroke shows up. Rest is your generic ''villain of the week'' episode with relationship drama mixed in.
The Flash is the same, except swap Deathstroke with Reverse-Flash.
>>
File: Pic_1412154666542bc52a21fea.png (92 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Pic_1412154666542bc52a21fea.png
92 KB, 256x256
>>68055052
>>68055110
>>68055434
>>68056525
>They hype and prepare Slade's character and bossfight amazingly
>Season 3 happens
>>
Gotham is amazing.
Arrow sucks but has cute waifus
Flash is alright, its just really kiddish.
>>
>>68055005
Check out Lucifer, bro.
>>
It's not particularly good at anything specific and is quite silly (often in a good way, tough), but Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is my comfy-time of the week.
>>
>>68056771
>Cute waifus
>Literally only cute girl is Sarah
They lost even that to Legends but at least they killed off her horseface sister
>>
Arrow and Flash are both shit. Gotham is surprisingly decent.
>>
>>68055005
Fucking stay away from DC shit. Wait for Luke Cage
>>
File: 1458700231349.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1458700231349.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>68055005
they're all shit
>>
Wait for Luke Cage and hope they dont force some white girl on him and he hooks up with Best Girl Claire Temple. Watch Izombie, it isn't standard Caledonia but its comic book based and is just good television, no qualifier needed.
>>
>>68058382
*standard capeshit
>>
powers
the 4400
alphas
the cape
>>
File: 1336321444919.jpg (10 KB, 309x270) Image search: [Google]
1336321444919.jpg
10 KB, 309x270
>>68055005
Heroes season 1
>>
>>68058504
>The cape

lol literally the perfect example of what happens when you let the studio make creative decisions instead of ripping off the comics
>>
WHO DED IN WALLKIG DEAD 6 SEASOPN
>>
YOU KNOW
>>
>>68055052

this

but watch crossover flash episode stuff imo
>>
>>68055005
Watch Justice League (Unlimited) instead.
>>
>>68055005
I would watch Flash and Gotham and ignore Arrow.

Watch ONE Flash then ONE Gotham. It will keep you at a balance of comfy, one is comfy the other anti-comfy.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.