[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I missing something? This was just awful. You're in one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: winterssleep.jpg (96 KB, 645x344) Image search: [Google]
winterssleep.jpg
96 KB, 645x344
Am I missing something? This was just awful. You're in one of the most beautiful regions in Turkey and you take the camera outside five times? Film the majority of it in studies and dining rooms and living rooms? What the fuck was Cylon thinking?
>>
What is it about?
>>
>>68051188
>Film the majority of it in studies and dining rooms and living rooms?
koksal wouldn't stop harrassing them and trying to fight everyone so they had to take it indoors
>>
>>68051294
Some fat aloof slumlord being told repeatedly that he sucks by his sister, his hot wife, an imam, some other people, for about 3 hours.
>>
>>68051188
I think i only made it an hour and a half into this one before deciding the critical horde was wrong.
>>
>>68051188
i am sorry you didn't see grand bazaar, sultanahmet and eminonu in movie, faggot.
>>
>>68051188
>Film the majority of it in studies and dining rooms and living rooms?
Obviously heavily influenced by theatre, seems like the right choice. Sorry about your nat geo aspirations.
>>
>>68051956
Fuck off, why even bother having exterior shots at all if you're going to make a filmed stageplay? Did Carnage have lush exterior shots to distract the viewer from the truth that he is watching a dull Turkish melodrama with nothing new to add to the "class warfare" argument? No, it didn't.
>>
>>68052022
>Fuck off, why even bother having exterior shots at all if you're going to make a filmed stageplay?
It's not a filmed stageplay and the artist does what he wants. Chamber piecers are fine in cinema too, you know. Maybe you don't enjoy it but dismissing it entirely is ignorant, especially considering this one is a solid film.
>>
>>68052022
>dull Turkish melodrama
>melodrama
Stop.
>>
>>68051188
>i want to see sultanahmet and bosphorus
fuck your orientalism.
>>
>>68052076
I didn't dismiss it entirely. I brought up Carnage because I really liked Carnage. Carnage knew exactly what it was, not trying to be an over-dramatic albatross with its simple idea. The Sunset Limited also didn't tighten the noose around its audience with cyclical, sonorous conversations for three hours.
>>
>>68051294
Main character is a semiretired actor who owns a crummy resort hotel and some other real estate in a town in the Turkish hinterland. He thinks of himself as a community leader, when actually everyone hates him, including his wife and his sister. He has it out with them and some other people and gets a more realistic sense of who he is. It's well over three hours of almost nonstop dialogue.
>>
everyone says this movie has strong comedic elements but the only time I laughed was when they cut to him wearing his old theatre mask.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.