[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /tv/ pretend to hate capeshit yet there are so many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 1459153858475.jpg (766 KB, 1280x1892) Image search: [Google]
1459153858475.jpg
766 KB, 1280x1892
Why does /tv/ pretend to hate capeshit yet there are so many capeshit threads that reach the bump limit?
>>
>>68050995
because there are multiple people here. /tv/ is not 1 person. Don't act like you don't know this your fucking retard.
>>
There is more than one person posting on this board.
>>
/tv/ loves capeshit and starwars
>>
>>68050995
Because 90% of posters here are fucking shills who need to kill themselves immediately and mods/janitards are doing fuck all to stop them.
>>
>>68051019
>>68051020
I know there are multiple people on this board. I'm referring to the general consensus of board.
>>
>Justice League: Dark
I thought the Justice League we were getting was dark enough.
>>
>>68051070
/tv/ is difficult to moderate. Too many shitposters and coward mobilephonefags spammers. It will become /v/ 2.0 soon, its already 60% in the way.
>>
>>68050995

>It's all DC and Marvel

Worst things to happen to comics.

>Harbinger
>Bloodshot
I really don't think the Valiant universe has much of a chance of happening onscreen, I do like them, but I think by the time they do get off the ground that's when the general public will finally be fatigued with superhero stuff. A shame really since they are actually a better and more interesting universe than Marvel or DC.
>>
>>68051116
The consensus is the majority. If majority wants capeshit, theres nothing you can do about it. Its a democractic process, i hope you understand this is taken very seriously.
>>
Comic-book movies are done after Avengers Infinity War Part 2. Market saturation.
>>
>>68051116

There is no such thing as a general consensus on 4chan. Just different people at different times posting opinions from all over the world. People come and go constantly and you will never get everyone to agree on one thing for any extended period of time.
>>
>>68051116
/tv/ has the lowest fandom requirement of the interest boards on this website, even lower than /v/. You could have the taste of a 13 year old girl and post about capeshit and no one would be the wiser

So there are a lot of posters here who only watch superhero movies. They also tend to crosspost with /co/ and /v/ (I'm not saying they migrated from those boards, I'm just pointing out their lack of commitment to the medium)

The fact is that the reason all most of this board talks about is comic book movies is because they're the only thing they watch. Even the people who shitpost about how awful capeshit is still sees them and makes 100 threads because that's all he knows how to do to fit in
>>
>>68051249
Should I just leave this board
>>
>>68051291
No

Superhero movies are the new western. We better prepare for the fucking long stretch because its gonna go on and on until american culture finally decides being "nerdy" (read: conventionally attractive with a fleeting interest in megabudget movies) isn't cool anymore
>>
>>68051360
I'm not saying everyone that posts here, but it does look like the majority
>>
>>68050995
90% of the threads are trolling and memes and people having fake arguments with themselves.
>>
>>68051369
Thank you for your insight. Is there a way to fix this?
>>
>>68051249
I actually praise the design and capacity of this board to give anti cape shits threads a chance
>>
>>68051455
Nah. There is already a noticeable superhero movie fatigue building up. Normies are willing to sit through the end of Marvel's megastoryark, but after Infinity War is done, they'll switch to other genre. Space operas or videogame movies or whatever.
>>
>>68050995
Because Patrician faggots love spending their precious time telling capefags how shit their tastes are.
>>
>>68051641
Some people unfortunately couldn't care less about the "art" movies, they will literally not look twice at this "L'Avventura" thread you made and they will start a capeshit thread.

You have to understand that you are sharing the board with many people that simply dont know the medium. At all. Now, does this fact bother you? Because I dont go to 4chan /tv/ for extensive discussions of cinema. This is not film studies central
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 1024x576
>>68051537
There's nothing that can really be done. Tv and movies are too much of a low-investment hobby to keep the plebs at bay

The reason /mu/ is able to have quality conversations is because most people with normcore taste in music *actually* want to discover something and expand their boundaries

/lit/ is good because retarded americans aren't going to pick up a book

/v/ is really shitty but again the posters there aren't content with only talking about call of duty. And playing video games takes commitment, something your average teenager might not have the patience for.

/co/ is a fucking trash can because american cartoons and comics are garbage. /co/'s problem is when their homeboarders get bored and think /tv/ is their fucking dumping ground

And /tv/'s main problem is that it became a meme board. I'm not even trying to use "meme" as a buzzword, the problem is that /sp/ thought this was the place for bane, /co/ (justifiably) determined this board was for superheroes, /pol/ decided this was the place for redpill bullshit and /v/ thought this board could be another gamergate hub. And /tv/ deserves it for encouraging it, this wasn't some invasion, they were invited, and a lot of them never even went back
>>
>>68052000
This. /v/ kiddies and their shit taste forcing retarded meme threads until they caught on thanks to influx of newfags who found this place back in 2013 and never really left
>>
>>68052000
I guess I'll just have to decrease the amount of times I go on here and hope for a good thread when I do come here. It's pretty sad, because I actually enjoyed coming here.
>>
As much as I enjoy Star Wars, I don't get how people didn't see that TFA would be a safe, pandering husk of a rehash coming from a mile away.

As for capeshit, the last film of that kind I watched in theatres was TDKR. Can't stand Marvel and the other tripe they put out these days. At least Nolan films had some consistency to them
>>
>>68052541
Normie plebs will never learn
>>
Charlton Comics Universe can be interesting. Just don't pull a Watchmen.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.