[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
seriously, will the be better than The Force Awakens?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: civilwar20.jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
civilwar20.jpg
336 KB, 1920x1080
seriously, will the be better than The Force Awakens?
>>
>>68048446
Is that a picture from a cosplay convention?
>>
>ARGHH HELP ME GUYS TONYS GOING TO GET ME
>>
>>68048446
Yeah because it's been built on a franchise for years all it has to do is adapt the comics a little bit and it will be entertaining

Starwars with the extended canon removed is new tread they have no idea what to do and now that a souless corporate reference movie worked it is all we are gonna get from Disneys starwars
>>
>>68048446
>full grown adults will pay money to see this
>>
>>68048446
>The "parking lot" fight is being hailed as the greatest action scene in a comic book movie to date
Does /tv/ ever get tired of being wrong?
>>
>>68048624
where are you from?
>>
>>68048446
I seriously couldn't believe how fucking bad this looks. Just running at each other in an airport

They've seriously just resorted Power Rangers level shit now
>>
File: James.png (307 KB, 361x501) Image search: [Google]
James.png
307 KB, 361x501
>>68048624
>greatest action scene in a comic book movie
>in a comic book movie
>comic book

You are now aware that you live in a world, a terrifying world, where there are people right this moment who use terms such as "canon" and "cinematic universe" when talking about films and television shows.

A terrifying world where imagined characters on a screen are required, according to those who discuss them, to adhere to "ground rules" set out by the creators of said-characters. A terrifying world where those that discuss these characters and their actions, are actually enraged if said-characters deviate from the mannerisms expected of them, the mannerisms that may have initially been set in the pages of a comic book.

Think about that. A comic book. For children. Yes, pictures and words on the same page, which are meant to be read by children, that are actually read by adults who then bicker and express their frustration at film-adaptations of these comic books not being "faithful". Faithful to a comic book. That's supposed to be read by young children.

This is your world. This is the world of capeshit. Terrifying, isn't it?
>>
>everything is a competition

Is this what nerd logic boils down to?
>>
>>68048657
Good meme friendo
>>
Of course not. TFA actually looks like it was made with a film budget. Civil War looks made for TV in all the worst ways. Daredevil looks more filmlike.
>>
>>68048623
Star wars? Yeah that bothers me also,but this is another thing famalam
>>
>>68048657
Grown men are writing and drawing those comic books. There's nothing wrong with holding comic book movies to the same standard as the comics themselves. The issue comes in when the movies are written with the intention to appeal to everyone, even people who knew nothing about the characters before the movie.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.