[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Problems with The Force Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: images (58)-1.jpg (52 KB, 410x287) Image search: [Google]
images (58)-1.jpg
52 KB, 410x287
The amount of scenes JJ cut out as well as amount of plotholes in TFA:

>why he left out the scene showing Rey play on a flight simulator when that would have shown why she was able to fly the falcon and know some stuff of machinery

>why JJ did not record Rey reading a book at the start, such as a book on force powers and legends of the jedi - this would have better helped the audience understand why she knew about Luke when Finn mentions him and also why she was able to jedi mind trick the guard.

>Phasma should have resisted shutting down the shields of Starkiller Base instead of giving into a group of rebels.

Take the nazis for example who lived and breathed under oaths of Hitler and if you told them to do something against Hitler, they would rather die than betray their leader and what they stood for.

So why is Phasma suddenly so weak to deny the power of Kylo and the Order when she had been a commanding officer her whole life, brainwashed to absolutely hate the rebels?

Makes zero sense!

>why did JJ cut out the village scene when Finn comes face to face with a scared womrn who he lets live - showing more compassion he has before he takes off his helmet and revealing who he is.

>why did JJ cut out extra scenes with Leia? Is he forgetting that she was the main female lead of the OT and all fans who went to see this movie wanted to see her on screen just as much as han? I dont care if this is a Rey and Finn story: DO NOT make this NT a young adult film!!

>why did JJ kill off Han? Make him die at end of episode 8 or 9 and make it more heroic

>and why was there no memorial for Han? After he died he was gone and no one seemed to care. Superman's death in Batman v Superman felt really emotional and yet Han's death in this movie was the worst death of a hero - i dont mean him dying by kylo which was fine BUT the way they handled it afterwards
>>
>why did chewy just stand near cheering rebels and not hug Leia? JJ even stated he made a mistake wen he wanted to make Chewy look busy helping Finn and is reason he didnt hug Leia BUT JJ done goofed up.

I did enjoy Force Awakens don't get me wrong BUT the amount of plotholes and errors for a hollywood disney film is absolutely insane!
>>
A low energy director in charge of a high energy saga. Sad!
>>
Problems with TFA?

QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS QUIPS
>>
It was shit, because it was too busy pandering to all the nostalgic fans than actually pretending it was a new story of its own.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 540x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 540x533
>>68041754
>>68041770

Rey being a Mary-Sue and just magically knowing everything for NO reason is a valid statement.

It's bullshit and she needed A HELL of a lot more character development in terms of "Oh,I've mastered the force now"

Everything else is just bitching.
Leia and everyone else was fine. Rey so far has just been a QT Mary-Sue.
>>
if you haven't figured it out yet, JJ Abrams is the worst thing in Hollywood
>>
File: cryRex.gif (114 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
cryRex.gif
114 KB, 460x345
>>68041754
>Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh I don't like the thing!!!!
>>
>>68041934
Exactly! Like I said, JJ should have properly developed Rey's character showing how she had knowledge of jedi mind tricks etc.

Imagine watching a movie about a kid who never went to school and as soon as he is put in a maths class, he gets an A+ on everything despite never being taught.

That is Rey.

Unless she is a reincarnation of Anakin created by Snoke which would explain
>>
>>68041754
Most people do not need autistic in-universe justification for this kind of shit. Most people just accepted Rey was a pilot like they did for Luke. The jedi are a myth and Rey had some knowledge of Luke and the jedi

>Finn and the villager
Redundant scene, waste of time.

>scenes with Leia

JJ chose to introduce her with a powerful and emotional reunion with Han. Her previous scenes were boring exposition that didnt account to much.

>han should have went out like a badass and had a great big funeral!
Fuck you. Are you 12?
>>
>>68041992
Where did I say I never liked it? Read my second comment: I said I enjoyed the movie but hated how many plotholes and errors were in the theatrical cut.

Pisses me off that JJ unlike Snyder, is not willing to release an extended cut which would sure make the movie much better.

JJ went so far as to put time codes on the deleted scenes so no one can fan edit them into the movie.

That's as stubborn as he is!
>>
>why didn't they add more exposition!
>why didn't they explain literally everything!
You people are the reason movies are terrible. The reason the recent Max Max worked so well is because they didn't explain anything; they allowed you to fill in the blanks with minimal information.
>>
>>68041754
>why JJ did not record Rey reading a book at the start, such as a book on force powers and legends of the jedi - this would have better helped the audience understand why she knew about Luke when Finn mentions him and also why she was able to jedi mind trick the guard.
This is the stupidest thing I've read in weeks, and this is coming from someone who frequents 4chan.
>>
>>68041754

This is pretty nitpicky. There are bigger problems with the movie. Like the republic and First Order getting zero backstory.
>>
>>68041754
>Problems with The Force Awakens
It made too much money?
>>
>>68042152
You mean like how the Empire and Rebels got zero backstory in episode 4?
>>
File: 1456566117579.jpg (161 KB, 558x529) Image search: [Google]
1456566117579.jpg
161 KB, 558x529
>>68041754
>Take the nazis for example who lived and breathed under oaths of Hitler and if you told them to do something against Hitler, they would rather die than betray their leader and what they stood for.

Get it together brah
>>
>>68042185

But I was able to understand how the Empire and Rebels both operated. The relationship between First Order and Republic makes no sense. Why weren't they openly in war? Where did the First Order get the funds and the means to build a planet sized weapon without anyone noticing?
>>
>>68042194
Weren't Hitler's people always trying to assassinate him?
>>
>>68041934
I would rather let like fuck me than fuck Rey
>>
>>68042090
The new Mad Max is another film I had problems with. No backstory at all
>>
>>68042256

Quite right, and it's a bit ridiculous to portray them as some sort of übermensch who had unquestioning loyalty for the regime when they were just ordinary people going along with the system, like we are.
>>
>>68042227
The republic still existed in episode 4. They talk about dissolving it. The exact relationship between the rebels, republic, and empire aren't exactly clear in that movie; all we know is that the rebels are good and that the empire is bad. That's all we needed to know. My guess is that the republic is full of enervate appeasers who were in denial about the threat the first order posed (see Obama and Isis today).
>>
>>68042303
Luke is more submissive than her desu
>>
File: 1423096296131.gif (494 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
1423096296131.gif
494 KB, 500x259
I watched this move last night and it felt rushed as fuck, it felt like the events in the movie took place over the course of 24 hours

The really needed to slow that shit down a bit
>>
>>68041754
So he can sell us the extended edition
>>
>>68042351
YES! Good to know I wasn't the only one.

This movie felt no longer than 90 minutes. No joke.
>>
>>68042328
Your manner of constructing sentences and your need for exposition makes me think youre genuinely autistic

Brevity is the soul of wit motherfucker. You know why ANH was such a hit? Because editors cut the fat from lucas' bloated first cut. If retards like you were running the show back then, scenes where they discuss Imperial collectivization of moisture farming would have been left in and the movie would have been a boring piece of shit
>>
>>68042335

Okay, but going back to Starkiller Base. I get how Empire built the Deathstar since their influence and control of many star systems, but First Order comes across as a much smaller organization and they would have to build it without absolutely everyone noticing. How?
>>
>>68042351
Jesus, literally every aspect of the film has been shat on by now. If you haven't seen it you'd think that JJ released the worst film of all time based on these comments.
>>
>>68042351
>literally the entire movie
>go to location one
>stormtroopers show up, battle ensues, stormtrooper ragdoll deaths everywhere
>go to location two
>go to location three
>go to location four
>>
>>68042420

I think there was a bit more going on. You might want to pay more attention next time.
>>
>>68041754
Couldn't agree any more. Plot holes, deus ex machina galore, shitty acting. ..
>>
>>68042420
It's like two scenes in the movie you fsggot
>>
>>68042410
It wasn't that bad, but it felt like a generic action movie and didn't have that "epic" adventure feeling the original starwars had
>>
>>68042443
>shitty acting
Objectively the best acting in the series thus far. Even the negative reviews concede this.
>>
>>68042420
>wahhh this star wars movie had too much wars and not enough stars

there aren't enough retards in the world to put into proper light just how fucking stupid you are
>>
The Farce Awakens was such a disappointment because of Dinsey wanting it to be a space capeshit and JJ abrams directing.

Even Rogue One looks like trash with just as much green screen as PT.
>>
>>68042405
We don't know the First Order's galactic influence and who's funding them yet. Two sequels are currently in production; TFA was made with that in mind
>>
>>68041754
>tfw haven't even bothered to watch TFA deleted scenes so i'm not sure if these are actually made up or from the movie
>>
>>68041754
>>why JJ did not record Rey reading a book at the start, such as a book on force powers and legends of the jedi - this would have better helped the audience understand why she knew about Luke when Finn mentions him and also why she was able to jedi mind trick the guard.
this is the dumbest fucking idea. yeah she should have just had a "So You Want To Be A Jedi" self-help book

why do you need an explanation as to why somebody would know about a very momentous figure in history?
>>
>>68042481
No film will ever feel like the original Star Wars because doing the same thing for the second time makes it inherently less impressive. That's not an indication that, when compared side-to-side, TFA is worse than ANH, it just means that it's less groundbreaking.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 318x318) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 318x318
>>68042410
>If you haven't seen it you'd think that JJ released the worst film of all time based on these comments.
>>
>>68042600
>JJ Abrams raped muh childhood
I feel bad for anyone who makes a Star Wars movie
>>
>>68042654
It will be interesting because I don't think rogue one will get the same hype and love as TFA.
>>
>>68041869

fucking hell I went into it with an open mind, even enjoyed it for the most part, right up until the forced as fuck quips which DID NOT STOP
>>
>>68042730
Are you kidding? It might not gross 2 billion but its gonna be another hit. Everyone loved TFA who isnt a sperg and Star Wars is as popular as it ever has been.
>>
>>68041992
>YOU HAVE TO LIKE EVERYTHING I LIKE SHITLORD OR YOU'RE A CHILD
Lol I love these childrens tears that pour like rain when shit things in shit movies get called out. They don't even pretend to have counter arguments, they just say I liked it and you have to too.
>>
>>68042794
>will somebody get this big walking carpet out of my way?
>you came in that thing? You're braver than I thought
>laugh it up fuzz ball
>well excuse me your worshipfulness
>aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
>into the garbage chute flyboy!
Star Wars has always been quip central you faggot
>>
>>68042043
Most directors manage to get basic details right about defining things about the movie like how Finn uses Anakins lightsaber wrong and turns it on with an adjustment wheel at the top of it instead of the on button.
>>
>>68042575
Try this: How about NOT doing the same thing a second time????

That whole 2nd half of the movie felt like it was made on a "Good enough. Next!" kind of mentality. The amount of time they spend planning a planetary invasion is ridiculous considering the supposed scope and they don't even establish the planets they shoot down as anything of importance. It's like, fat guy from Heroes sez shoot this, planet goes boom, yeah, whatever.
>>
>>68042867
The old man at the beginning of the film said more one liners than that in a single conversation.
>>
>>68042926
Name literally one
>>
>>68042867
It wasn't every 5 seconds though like TFA and it wasn't self referential
>>
>>68042867

>hand me the bonding tech
>THIS?
>NO
>NO
>NO
>THE ONE IM POINTING TO
>THE ONE IM POINTING TO!
>THIS?
>YES

go to bed JJ
>>
>>68042945
>>68042947
>hurrrr these quips are better than these quips because reasons
Fuck off. Star Wars has always been this.
>>
>>68042654
>People love and support all sorts of EU works
>People hate TFA
>"It's just because it's not the original movies, and it's not made by George!"
>>
File: Shiggy.jpg (50 KB, 723x633) Image search: [Google]
Shiggy.jpg
50 KB, 723x633
>>68041754
Except Nazis were literally just every day people and not some brain washed cult of monsters in sheeps clothing.

Nobody in their right mind dies for another person unless they have personally known them intimately for years. I mean shit, I don't think I know a single person who would die for a random child.
>>
>>68042947
Literally nothing wrong with that scene.
>>
>>68042943
>General? To me she's royalty.
His entire dialogue was one liners. Not quips just one liners which are meant to develop him far more than they ever would in 5 seconds and were delivered horribly.
>>
>>68042947

To further this, the ONLY scene worth watching is the initial scene with Han, right up until the gangers say they're looking for 2 fugitives and it cuts to the vents and Mary Sue and Racial Quota Man stop and look at each other, mouth agape, it pretty much goes to shit right after that.

Han was quipped plenty in the scene with the gangers and it wasn't complete trash like the entirety of the movie
>>
>>68042924
TFA was sold on the idea that it was a return to the tone and aesthetic of the original Star Wars, which is why they got Kasdan back to write it. If JJ decided to make Trek 09 set in the Star Wars universe the fans would have crucified him.
>>
>>68042984
No the original prequels were never self referential like that. They took themselves seriously
>>
>>68043010
Name literally a second.
>>
>>68042994
>MUH EU

Is the most petty and childish complaint against TFA.

>oh no the books i read in 7th grade no longer "count" in a fictional universe WHAAAAAAA
>>
Why are people so hell bent on defending this movie? It buchers Star Wars lore repetitively so it's not like hardcore fans are fighting for it but everywhere you go if you say the slightest thing bad about it there's an overwelming number of fuckheads that act like you just shot a child for asking for food. I just don't understand who is so passionate about this movie?
>>
>>68043017
>only scene worth watching
>literally the only bad scene in the movie, the one that people who love the film call useless
>>
>>68043069
>Moving goalposts
No just go read his fucking dialogue from a script online. It's not hard to hear somebody speaking anon.
>>
>>68043056
http://youtu.be/k7ZW1gtCljs
>>
File: 1450163699074.jpg (37 KB, 480x482) Image search: [Google]
1450163699074.jpg
37 KB, 480x482
>>68043087
>the one that people who love the film

Yeah I'm gonna listen to those people.
>>
File: 1395401649527.gif (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1395401649527.gif
1 MB, 480x360
>>
>>68043087
>people who love the film have good judgement
And that is where your argument is flawed anon.
>>
>>68043080
>why do people call me out on my autism?
>>
>>68043111
nice unrelated half second shots...
>>
>>68043080
>butchers star wars lore

Name 1 thing that was "butchered" that didnt come from the prequels or the now non canon EU.

People defend TFA vehemently because its a great Star Wars flick being shit on for petty reasons like "didnt adhere to fanfic books written 20 years ago"
>>
>>68043134
Only children look for posts to call autistic and not do anything else online anon. Way to be autistic.
>>
>>68043110
>The old man at the beginning of the film said more one liners than that in a single conversation.
That's what you said. If you can't name two quips that he made, then you're the one moving the goalpost.
>>
>>68042867
There's a point to what you're saying, but there's a difference between characters under stress trying to introduce some levity or using sarcasm to unwind, and say something like
>Get captured by the evil first order
>Big bad evil guy has an entire village of disposable people he can now start killing if he's in the mood
>Let's start making jokes at him

>>68043071
Congratulations on missing the point entirely.
Let me put it into simpler words:
>People enjoy Star Wars books, games, so on, even though they aren't the original movies and aren't made by George
>People keep crying foul at the new movie
You can't use the "people just hate it because it's not the originals" excuse
Sure, there are jokers out there who hate it because new Luke has boobs, but you're not making yourself look any better trivializing the opposition and attacking your own made up counterpoints instead of paying the least amount of attention to what people are saying
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 1280x544
>>68043010
That actor is great in everything though... The movie doesn't really take a nosedive until Poe disappears.
>>
>>68043153
Alright we will start small since it's not like people have posted explanations to this a million times.
Finn literally doesn't start the lightsaber when it activates. He pushes the wrong button.
>>
>>68042090
Mad Max didn't have glaring plot holes though.

Probably because they had the sense to have a simple story in an action movie.
>>
File: 3706509-2617209119-50360.jpg (61 KB, 555x428) Image search: [Google]
3706509-2617209119-50360.jpg
61 KB, 555x428
>>68043153
>Name 1 thing that was "butchered" that didnt come from the prequels or the now non canon EU.

>Luke can't even use the force to block a training remote
>Luke trains to use the force

>MaRey Sue can use the force to command people, move objects and defeat what we can only assume is a trained combatant on THE FIRST TRY

what's it like living with autism
>>
>>68042043

When did the show establish Rey was a pilot? All I saw was her riding around on a futuristic motorcycle. Thinking that could translate into suddenly knowing how to fly the Millennium Falcon you would have to be fucking stupid.

Yes, Han should have had some sort of memorial. They made time to give Darth Vader a funeral.
>>
>>68043181
I love the scene personally I just hated the lines he was forced to deliver. If you read how he is written in the literature his dialogue makes a lot more sense and is way better fleshed out than really shitty one liners.

>>68043168
>Name one
And I did. Then you said 2 and I just pushed you to read the source instead of having me regurgitate information to you for the rest of the night.
>>
File: 1452629785762.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1452629785762.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>68043189
>He pushes the wrong button
>HE DIDNT PRESS THE ACTIVATION BUTTON I SAW IN MY OFFICIAL LIGHTSABER MANUAL I BOUGHT AT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL BOOKFAIR SO THE MOVIE SUCKS

AUTISM
>>
>>68043205
SHE DRIVES THE MELLINIUM FALCON THROUGH THE ENGINE OF A CRASHED STAR DESTROYER. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
>>
>>68043203
As far as I remember, Luke didn't even try to use a mind trick in the first movie, so how would we know if he would have succeeded?

He did blow up a Death Star by firing an "impossible" shot UNASSISTED on THE FIRST TRY where trained pilots failed, so there's that.
>>
>>68043173
Poe quips at Kylo
REEEEEEEEEE I CANT TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY

>Leia quips at Tarkin
Perfectly fine
>>
>le plotholes
>wahh I need more exposition in my movies
>makes zero sense!
this thread reeks of TGWTG level understanding of film

kill yourself OP
>>
>>68043205
My point is that there is no establishment of Luke being a pilot despite his boasts. We dont see him fly a t16. Hes a pilot because the plot demanded it. Just like Rey.
>>
>>68043122
>Rey reading a book at the start
Or you know, introduce like maybe 1 person on that ball of dirt who Rey is on friendly terms with? Someone she could share some rations with, like this old character who tells her about how he fought in the Galactic Civil War, and about Luke and the rebellion.

Seriously, the worst part of Rey's character isn't that she can do everything and knows everything.
It's that she feels like she's a freaking RPG protagonist who just showed up from literally nowhere and has no connections in life.
She never got a job that pays better than scavenger, despite being a great engineer and pilot and having the means to get to the nearest spaceport, she hasn't got a single friend, there is no hint as to who taught her how to be a scavenger in the first place.
There is nothing.
The entirety of her character's impact on the world is summed up in what happens in the movie.
From what we see, she spent her entire life tuned in to static doing absolutely nothing.
>>
>>68043237
No I saw it in 2 other fucking movies jackass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzVHTWa_Xxw&nohtml5=False
It's not even subtle. He grabs the lightsaber above the activation button. It's funny because if you watch the interview where they hand him a toy model he spends a second to find the activation button and calls it weird.
>>
>>68042822
TFA is antiwhite
i didn't put money into it and i don't plan on doing such
>>
>>68042335
The Republic didn't exist in A New Hope you dunce.
The Senate disd, which the Emperor disbanded at the start of the film.
>>
Do people forget that this shit is part of a trilogy and that it's not at all unlikely a lot of this shit will get explained along the way? Especially the Rey force stuff since her story is a giant mystery in the plot
>>
>>68043223
>And I did. Then you said 2 and I just pushed you to read the source instead of having me regurgitate information to you for the rest of the night.
You said that that character alone told more quips than the amount I listed. One. He told one quip. Your entire point was bullshit.
>>
>>68043309
Lets push back to my simple point again anon
>>68043189
>>
File: 1448303907073.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1448303907073.png
129 KB, 300x300
>>68043271
Even if you are right, you know this is still the most autisic complaint in the universe, right?
>>
>>68043309

Did I ever tell you the story about how I used to read books every night before bed about the Force and the specifics of its use?
>>
>>68043257
Leia didn't have a villageful of prisoners lined up behind herself, and she sounded serious.
Poe sounds like he's high as fuck and doesn't take Kylo seriously.

There's a difference between acting like everything is a joke, and putting on a brave face.
>>
>>68042185
Except for all that talk about the senate and emperor and regional governors and how the death star would serve as a weapon for keeping systems in line. Yeah, I mean, except for all that, it was a total mystery, bro.
>>
>>68043322
I said one liners. I never said quip. Here let me help you with his dialogue.

Kylo Ren: Look how old you've become.

Lor San Tekka: Something far worse has happened to you.

Kylo Ren: You know what I've come for.

Lor San Tekka: I know where you come from, before you called yourself "Kylo Ren".

Kylo Ren: The map to Skywalker. We know you found it. And now you're going to give it to the First Order.

Lor San Tekka: The First Order rose from the Dark Side. You did not.

Kylo Ren: I'll show you the Dark Side.

Lor San Tekka: You may try. But you cannot the truth that is your family.

Kylo Ren: You're so right.
>>
>>68043309
>We have future movies. We will explain this movie in those
How is this literally not the DLC system of cinema?
>>
>>68043333
Its a modded lightsaber

Nice quads tho
>>
>>68043352
You do realize this made it past like 50 "professionals" in the industry who are paid ridiculous amounts of money to not make simple fuck ups like this? So now you are just saying
>Even if its fucked up who cares
>I still liked it
It is objectively shit and I use this as proof that you faggots will force yourselves to like it no matter what. There is so much wrong with this movie but arguing with idiots like you is pointless your endgame arguement will always be
>Wow how autistic its made up anything can happen.
>>
>>68043397
What, did you bitch and moan the ring wasnt destroyed at the end of Fellowship of the Ring?
>>
>>68043413

Isn't it Lukes old saber? The one we have seen on screen maybe 300 times?
>>
>>68043397
I don't want to watch a fucking 7 hr long movie

You're sort of right tho
>>
>>68043413
>>68043430
No it's anakins lightsaber (who yes luke uses). The one he used in Episode 3 and that luke used in episode 4 and 5. Maz Kanata tracked it down after the empire using her force sensitivity.
>>
>>68041754

I'm pretty sure he cut out a training montage covering 6 years where Luke trained Rey to use force.
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>68043421
Oh my god i cannot believe people like you actually exist. No wonder JJ felt the deck was stacked against him, people were going to complain about button placement on the lightsaber props and then say the whole movie is shit because of it
>>
>>68043421
>who are paid ridiculous amounts of money to not make simple fuck ups like this?
No, they're paid to make movies that bring the studio money. And they succeeded pretty damn well I might say.

If there were a few "plot holes" in the movie I can guarantee you the people in charge couldn't give less of a shit, just like most of the fans and normal people watching the movie wouldn't.
>>
>>68041754
>Problems with The Force Awakens
the whole movie is a problem, people who defend it are literal facebooking retards

I don't know why I'm even bothering to post to this subreddit anyway, these retards unironically like this shit
>>
>>68043423
There's a difference between the journey not being complete by the end of the movie, and the movie lacking its own context
We knew what the Ring is, we knew where it came from, we knew what is at stake, we knew who the characters were, where they come from and why they fight
There was nothing left to the imagination except the upcoming events
>>
>>68042867
There is a difference between humor and jokes.
>>
>all of this autism
TFA deriders are like the cinema sins of shitposters

>"ummm excuse me, but Finn seems to press the wrong button on Anakin's lightsaber. It's canonically supposed to the activation matrix near the bottom, not the red button near the top even though it's been pressed in the movies before
We should just put down Star Wars fans down humanely
>>
File: 1452900999261.jpg (17 KB, 297x275) Image search: [Google]
1452900999261.jpg
17 KB, 297x275
>>68043498

>uniquely identifying yourself on an anonymous forum
>calling others autistic

'ok'
>>
>>68043385
That's literally normal dialogue in the Star Wars universe. None of those are one-liners
>>
>>68043471
>>68043480
>>68043498
>Omg you can't expect a film producer to watch the previous movies to make the next one.
Like I said I started small to prove a point
Yea and this is why I'm not gonna waste time on the big issues. An objectively correct arguement can't beat your opinions. Movie is shit because nobody cared about its integrity.
>>
>>68043153
>People defend TFA vehemently because its a great Star Wars flick
Brother, it's not even a good movie. Why even bother getting into whether it's a good "Star Wars Movie."
>>
File: 3kdscig.jpg (34 KB, 416x312) Image search: [Google]
3kdscig.jpg
34 KB, 416x312
>>68043547
Please tell me the big issues o enlightened one, i need to laugh at your autism more
>>
>>68043547
Everyone has watched the previous movies.

And yet I can guarantee you 99% of people couldn't tell you which fucking doodad is the activation button for a light sabre.

Because you know what? It's a detail that doesn't fucking matter.
>>
>>68043372
She was captured and saw reversal rebel soldiers die. Stop fucking reaching.
>>
>>68043263

Not OP, but he isn't asking for exposition, just some semblance of sense of how characters are randomly able to perform all these tasks.

>be Rey
>abandoned and grow up on a desolate desert planet
>no formal education
>be 18-22 years old
>basically live the life of a nomadic scavenger
>magically able to fly the Millennium Falcon
>mere minutes later defeat two Tie-Fighters, piloted by experienced pilots
>know the legend of the Millennium Falcon, but doesn't she just was flying the Millennium Falcon
>know the legend of Han Solo and his "Kessel Run" 40 years after he performed it
>when needed to, suddenly perform Jedi mind tricks
>able to defeat a dangerous and experienced Jedi Master using a light saber
>randomly be sent to find Luke Skywalker
>>
>>68043255
>an "impossible" shot
Why the fuck are you quoting the proven dumbass who's immediately put in his place by Luke when he says that exact same thing?
>>
>>68043579
>>68043585
>Integrity doesn't matter
Yup again thanks for proving my point. I get it you guys are too cool to care it doesn't matter and that is why we will soon be listening to human music.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 459x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 459x389
>>68043547
>>
>>68043587
Do you still don't comprehend the point?
Small words:
>Big bad has hostages right behind you
>Big bad wants something from you
>Big bad has literally no reason not to start killing hostages if you piss him off
>Your first decision is to start pissing him off

Regardless, the deliver butchers it.
It sounds like something you'd expect the guy from Edge of Tomorrow say in a similar circumstance. The tone, the line, everything about it cries that he's not taking any of it seriously.
Leia taunted Tarkin, but didn't act like Tarkin wasn't a threat.

If you can't pick up on these difference I have no idea how you can find any enjoyment in movies at all.
>>
>>68043255
If you had watched the movie you would know he used to make that shot for fun on tatooine shooting wamp rat nests but who knew that giving a character background could give them capability?

You would also know that that was the big "Force moment" of the movie.
>>
>>68043587

Poe had 30 seconds earlier seen Kylo kill someone apparently important to the rebels.

These 2 things happen 10 seconds apart senpai.

Literally

seconds
>>
>>68043623
They should have established that she's a good pilot beforehand, but there's literally no need to tell us how she knew about the Han and Luke legend. The fact that she had a rebel doll and helmet tells us that she was interested in them already.
>>
>>68043630
Sorry but movies are canon anon and here let me show you where the film has it I already posted the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzVHTWa_Xxw&nohtml5=False
>>
>>68043255
>Luke didn't even try to use a mind trick in the first movie

Because he would have no fucking idea how to do it.

In the original trilogy the force wasn't just some meme thing you could pick up in 30 seconds.
>>
>>68043686
Well my bad I've been posting the wrong link I meant to post this one for comparison my slip up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFB16GCocfw
>>
>>68043657
You're creating a weird distinction in your mind that makes one scene more acceptable to you than the other. Poe can't make a quip after being captured because people are behind him? But Leia can because her soldiers were already killed? That's utterly arbitrary.
>>
>>68043397
It is

Disney are a bunch of fucking hacks who can't write shit or end a movie without it relying on some fucking marvel """"""cinematic"""""" universe

next up: after credits scenes

this is the future you chose, reddit
>>
>>68043737

>nothing to lose
>something to lose
>utterly arbitrary

Didn't even follow the posts but your argument is retarded logic senpai
>>
>>68043737
>What is the "nothing to lose" situation?
>>
>>68043715
You know how you can turn on your iphone with the sleep button on the top or the home button at the bottom? It could be like that.
>>
>>68043737
Leia is chewing out Tarkin in a completely different scene. What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>68043660
Yeah and she also used to single-handedly beat up groups of thugs on Jakku.

And Rey defeating Kylo was not a big force moment? It's literally the point where Kylo realises without a doubt she has Jedi powers. They even underline it with the shot of her force pulling the light sabre from under Kylo's nose.

The whole scene is literally the mirror of the exhaust port scene in ANH. The hero proves her worth by defeating the main villain in a show of power and strength beyond her years, but couldn't have succeeded without her friends. They even have Finn there helping her out to mirror Han intervening to save Luke.

It's pottery I tell you.
>>
>>68043785
>Coming soon!
>Lighty! The intelligent Lightsaber OS!
>"Lighty, activate!"
>*lightsaber noise*
>"Lighty, change colour to green!"
>*different lightsaber noise*
>"Lighty, change colour to white!"
>"Error, special snowflake detected."
>>
>>68043764
>>68043765
>muh sonething to lose
If Poe knew Kylo, as he clearly did, he knew that he'd kill them regardless. Also, the notion that Kylo Ren would choose to kill people because someone unrelated to them made a joke about not being able to understand him is laughable.
>>
>>68043808
>It's literally the point where Kylo realises without a doubt she has Jedi powers

Yeah probably not the point before that where she uses the force on him completely out of the blue with no training and then he returns to his master and says "She is strong with the Force"

dude just stop

have you even seen the movies
>>
>>68043808
No because she already used a force move 10x higher in skill requirement when she talked a literal nazi into freeing her and giving her a gun. Which didn't need to happen when Fin and Han were outside the fucking prison. They destroyed that scene to pander to feminism.
>>
>>68043808
>Yeah and she also used to single-handedly beat up groups of thugs on Jakku.
Forgot to emphasise that this is something they actually showed her doing, while Luke only bragged he's hot shit and we were supposed to believe him. So TFA is actually superior in the "show don't tell" department.

Another victory for JJ.
>>
>>68043808
>And Rey defeating Kylo was not a big force moment?
No, because it has no impact. Luke hasn't done shit the whole of A New Hope. He's easily the least capable of the primary protagonists. His victory at the end means something.

Rey is constantly winning. She's the most capable of the group. One use of the force isn't impressive when you've already used the force half a dozen different times through the film. It's isn't a big moment, just another.

It's a shitty way to write a character. Even shittier when it's in a planned trilogy and you've two other movies that should have developed a character who's effectively peaked.
>>
>>68043883
I know it's bait but anon is this really necessary?
>>
>>68043623
Yes, he is asking for exposition. You already get the sense that she's savvy with technology, she's independent, she can take care of herself within the first couple of minutes when she's introduced. Does it really need to be spelled out for autists like you why she can fly the Millennium Falcon? Any competent watcher can make up a reason how she knows how to do it in their mind given the visual information we've already seen. These nitpicky details really aren't that important.
>>
File: Outcast what.jpg (114 KB, 775x590) Image search: [Google]
Outcast what.jpg
114 KB, 775x590
>>68041754
>Superman's death in Batman v Superman
>>
>>68043883
>So TFA is actually superior in the "show don't tell" department.
No one actually gives a shit about this. I don't know why it's repeated so often. Movies are not silent. They are not exclusively visual. There is dialogue. There is nothing inherently wrong with exposition.
>>
>>68043269
What makes Luke a great pilot? He killed the Death Star by pressing a button at the right time, and Han had to come bail his ass out before he got there. He never flew inside a ship, he never did a sick red baron stall, I'm not sure he even shot down a TIE fighter on his own. He literally let his whole squad die to soften up the target and get him there.
>>
>>68043883
Embarrassing, TFA fans really blew their cover this time. I'm writing this down.
>>
>>68043269

True, however Luke had a stable upbringing, he had a group of friends and had a steady life helping his uncle on his farm. It is believable in Luke's world that he had a formal education and part of that education included extracurricular activities that could include piloting ships, or maybe that was what he did in his spare time. Yes, I am speculating drastically, but there a lot of scenes that build up Luke as having some knowledge as a pilot.

Secondly, the only craft Luke is piloting comes with a R2 unit, that seems to be able to fly by the commands of the R2 unit.

Thirdly, and once again I am speculating here, that during the build up to attacking the Star Destroyer the first time, Luke was trained, shown, or had some sort of crash course in piloting the X-Wing.

In contrast, Rey just magically knows how to pilot a bulky freighter all by herself, knows all the controls, and is able to defeat two Tie Fighters flown by experienced pilots a few minutes after jumping into the cockpit.

Some kind of scene were it shows her walking out of the Millennium Falcon with the owner at the beginning of the movie where she makes a comment, or the owner makes a comment about "great flying", could have easily fixed that issue.

Something believable to bridge that gap.
>>
>>68043916
>Does it really need to be spelled out for autists like you why she can fly the Millennium Falcon? Any competent watcher can make up a reason how she knows how to do it in their mind given the visual information we've already seen.
You just listed a bunch of "visual information" that has literally nothing to do with whether someone is a capable pilot.
>>
>>68043931
Look at this fucking pleb. I bet he likes Christopher Nolan movies.
>>
>>68043269

Not the guy youre talking with but in ANH, the script takes a moment to give Luke that line. It provides the later justification for his piloting abilities.

Nothing is seen or mentioned of Rey having piloting training except that she seems to be familiar with the ships docked at the waystation/scrapyard as in knows which are good and which are trash and when in the cockpit repeats to herself "I can do this... I can do this."
>>
>>68043949
No he is established to have flown ships already which is why he wanted to go to the academy (pretty much space college). he talks about how he could snipe swamp rat nests about the size of the death start exaust port.
>>
>>68043978
I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson
>>
>>68043269
Every character is only anything because the plot demanded it. Good fucking job figuring that shit out. Any other bombs you want to drop on us?
>>
>>68043998
Rey says she's a pilot beforehand too
>>
>>68043978
I bet you enjoy the video games of J.J. Abrams
>>
>>68044016
My point is that demanding we have scenes of Rey flying around to prove shes a pilot is a false equivalence
>>
Funny how the board that likes Snyder joints is complaining about the lack of Tarkovskian depth in a movie about space wizards.
>>
>>68043949
>In contrast, Rey just magically knows how to pilot a bulky freighter all by herself, knows all the controls, and is able to defeat two Tie Fighters flown by experienced pilots a few minutes after jumping into the cockpit.

It was established in the movie that the Falcon had been lying around in the scrap yard for years, and since Rey had been working for the ship's owner, it's very conceivable she would have been inside it before, explaining why she knew so much about the ship.
>>
>two Death Stars destroyed in the space of a couple of years
>battalions of storm troopers killed
>pretty much all the grand admirals, moffs and senior officers intrinsic to the survival of the empire dead
>fucking Emperor Palpatine himself, who had to abolish the senate in order to retain power (showing he's clearly the only thing holding the empire together, much like Hitler and the 3rd reich) is killed
>Rebellion now outnumbers and outguns the government (most rebellions have succeeded with less)

And 20 years later, and... Nothing's changed. Apparently according to the fucking opening crawl they've been "weakened" but all we're shown is they're just stronger than ever, with an ever bigger fucking Death Star.

Fuck JJ and this absolutely god awful film. Calling it now, Disney has Rian's balls in a vice and will squeeze until he makes the same, half-assed pandering shit that rakes in the critic points and cash from the dementia-ridden baby boomers who want to relive their childhood.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 400x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 400x430
Here's my take on TFA; it's not a remake of ANH so much as it is a remake of THX1138. That's why it feels incomplete, it's like a worked up student film.

>In ThX1138, the protagonist escapes from Western-Aristotelian notions of 'unity of place and time', by climbing up into a new world of sobriety and new vistas, etc. etc.

Finn has left the Republic-Democratic-Imperial homeworld to become a Marcus Garvey follower. From here on out, anything can happen because he's making it up as he goes along. The next episode will probably feel like THX meets Demolition Man.
>>
>>68044079
If you're having to make assumptions on what she's been doing (and pretty big assumptions at that) then that isn't established character development.
>>
did you know that John Williams is the first billionaire composer?

Too bad the music fucking sucked in this movie. Not a single memorable original tune.
>>
>>68044079

I will watch it again. I honestly don't remember that.
>>
>>68044058
>Space wizards

They have swords and are devoutly religious m8, they're space Paladins.
>>
>>68044056
No, it fucking isn't you moron. Do you even know what false equivalence means? It's literally what you're doing. Pretending Luke and Rey are the same because in both of their films, the plot requires they be capable pilots is like a perfect case study for a false equivalence.
>>
>>68044090
You don't know what happened in the intervening 30 years. That's not a fair complaint.
>>
>>68044106
What's so big about it? The ship's been around for years. She's been around for years. She's literally in the middle of a desert, with nothing else to do but tinker around with machinery.
>>
>>68043974
Why the fuck does it matter how she's a goddamn pilot you fucking autist? She could've taken lesson from some shitty alien off screen when she was 10 or something. It literally doesn't matter. You think adding a couple of lines where she explains she used to fly ships would automatically make everything that much better?
>>
>>68044123
The dude is 84 years old. Give him a break.
>>
>>68044125
She tells Han about how they installed a compressor, which is brought up twice: when she reminds him to press it after he fails to enter light speed, and when she bypasses it by removing it.
>>
>>68044151
>a couple short lessons make you a better pilot than 2 people who were trained from birth to only fly tie fighters
What is wrong with you people.
>>
>>68044123
Even Williams doesn't believe in the disney shit, he's just there to grab the money

harrison ford sure as fuck didn't care
>>
>>68044137
You are the perfect case study of a shitter who automatically cries "false equivalence" when their argument is demolished by someone correctly pointing out a double standard.
>>
>>68044151
You literally just said that there was "visual information" indicating she was a pilot and then literally listed a bunch of shit that did not indicate that at all.

>You think adding a couple of lines where she explains she used to fly ships would automatically make everything that much better?
Yes, that's literally Writing 101. You don't just pull shit out your ass and then use post hoc rationalizations to justify it.
>>
>>68044179
He had health complications when he wrote VII as far as I know, but old age is no excuse.
>>
In the scene where Kylo was hoarding all the anvils on Starkiller Base, how come he was using a wrought offset conical anvil rather than the standard issue Sith classic double horned anvil like in the prequels? This shit doesn't even make any sense, J J is a fucking hack.
>>
>>68041754
I was disappointed with Phasma too. She stood out so much but she didn't even do anything the entire movie except explain some stuff. I seriously hope she becomes the badass Stormtrooper she supposed to be in Ep.8
>>
>>68044026

I think if we look at what Rey is able to accomplish simply saying she is a pilot which again she is able to pilot the Millennium Falcon all by herself and out-fly and defeat two Tie-Fighters, while also flying the Falcon into a Star Destroyer, VS Luke who pilots a X-Wing fighter mostly flown by a R2 Unit who basically flies his ship in a straight line and fires one missile.

That by itself could be overlooked, but then when you add the jedi mind tricks, and defeating a Jedi Master it becomes a bit more pronounced.
>>
>>68044204

One of my biggest gripes is the meme she didn't know anything about the Falcon when she clearly has some knowledge about the modifications done to it as established through dialogue with Han - which explains his slight bewilderment about being able to easily fix the issue presented, however this in no way can be extrapolated to piloting experience.
>>
>>68044207
You literally didn't know what false equivalence meant. You literally thought it meant the opposite of what you were doing. You literally can't even provide a single reason that Luke and Rey are equivalent at all.

>b-b-b-but they were both pilots so it's the same thing
Literally the most retarded shit I've ever fucking read.
>>
Well, obviously they need to leave enough material for the extended editions and "on fuck they've changed starwars again" edition

It's not only a tradition of the franchise, but a condition left by Lucas himself for the sale.
>>
File: acute.jpg (74 KB, 587x552) Image search: [Google]
acute.jpg
74 KB, 587x552
>leaving out the scene of Rey doing peepee while she wore her X-Wing helmet
JJ went too far
>>
>>68042575
>No film will ever feel like the original Star Wars because doing the same thing for the second time makes it inherently less impressive.
What. SW is space opera, always was. What makes it less impressive is that they're shitty movies. Darth Vader is still cool as fuck and the duel in ESB is still great. Where's those moments in TFA? Emo teenager versus mary sue? Space opera isn't even hard to make because you just gotta make everything big and dramatic, that's why Darth is his father. There's really no reason for him to be that except to make the ending more epic.
>>
>>68044275
>flies his ship in a straight line
>he didn't play the atari coin-op
Don't you know it takes a great amount of skill to dodge all those catwalks.
>>
>>68044328
Kylo Ren is great you faggot
>>
>>68042033
Yeah its almost as if this is a trilogy or something and there are 2 movies to explain the backstory..................................

Its almost as if they hinted at it during reys flashbacks

Its almost as if you never watched the movie
>>
>>68044328
>that makes it less impressive is that they're shitty movies.
they're not shitty movies

but they will be remembered as such now thanks to disney
>>
>>68044296
I can only assume the original poster meant double standard, but did a freudian slip while he was anticipating your utterly predictable and childish "false equivalence" retort, which idiots like you fall back to after objectively losing an argument.

Just give up.
>>
>>68043629
P L E B
L
E
B
>>
>>68044387
I think what that Anon meant, is that the movies people the Anon he's replying to claims to be "unfairly compared to Star Wars" are shitty, not the original Star Wars movies themselves.
>>
>>68044213
I was trying to say that from this visual information you can infer that it isn't far off that she would be capable of piloting a ship.

Fuck it. There's no point arguing this shit with autismos.
>>
>>68044387
Are you kidding? EVERYONE loved TFA. Its only spergs on the internet who get triggered by the wrong button press on a lightsaber that hated it. If anything, TFA revived the franchise; last movie people liked was in 1983, prequels are still the butt of jokes
>>
>>68044390
Are you fucking stupid? The argument was that Luke and Rey are equivalent because both are required by the plot to be pilots. Literally the stupidest shit you could possible say. But by all means, continue pretending that you're not a retarded faggot.
>>
File: sZSziDC.jpg (31 KB, 539x594) Image search: [Google]
sZSziDC.jpg
31 KB, 539x594
>>68044462
>EVERYONE loved TFA
"Disney, I'm doing everything I can to fight the nay-sayers."
>>
>>68044224
Boy, I really hope someone got fired for that blunder.
>>
>>68044459
Visual information that has nothing whatsoever to do with flying ships. Holy shit. How do you not get this? Why are you repeating this as if it is at all a natural or intuitive leap from scavenging junk to flying interstellar star ships?
>>
File: Poetry.png (1 MB, 1083x447) Image search: [Google]
Poetry.png
1 MB, 1083x447
>>68044326
She looks just like a young Annie... is this what JJ was going for? To show her young/pure innocent side like Anakin was in Phantom Menace before turning into the menace?

Let's hope Rey will turn to the dark side in Episode 8.
>>
>>68044523
>92% on RT with an average score of 8.1
>81 on metacritic indicating "universal acclaim"
>A cinemascore
>2 BILLION DOLLARS at the box office

You are allowed to not like TFA. But dont pretend you arent the minority
>>
File: 14506157461320.jpg (37 KB, 354x431) Image search: [Google]
14506157461320.jpg
37 KB, 354x431
>>68041754
Becouse...
>>
>>68041754
I got bigger questions.

Who the fuck are the rebels rebelling against?
Arent they the only form or local government as the abolished the previous one?
Are they rebelling against themself?
Where are the military forces form each system?
What are the Orders goals?
If they are in charge what the fuck is the point of blowing up your own planets?
If they want to be in charge what teh fuck is teh point of blowing up planets you wnat to control?
Where is the economic background of them?
Where do they get the military power, food, people, money?
If its so easy to buiold a death star with only what seems 10 thousand people why didnt "rebels" get one?

Basically
Who the fuck is in charge
>>
File: 14525392032630.png (720 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
14525392032630.png
720 KB, 1280x720
>>
One thing I did hate was they made Han Solo a loser swindler in the new movie.
>>
File: 1460157411551.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1460157411551.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>68044570
Wow, Star Wars made money, one of the biggest franchises on Earth. I'm in shock. Point is that lots of people disliked the movie.
>>
>>68044586
I will never understand that perjorative.

>I hate Jar Jar, so its an insult
>Lets call JJ jar jar because i dont like him
>But George Lucas, who created Jar Jar, is a genius!
>>
>>68044644
He regressed after his son's school shooting.

Nice double dubs too.
>>
>>68044658
Not in any measurable standard. Anonymous spergs on the internet dont count

And it didnt just make money, it made a LOT of money. If it were bad, it would have done BvS numbers or slightly higher. It grossed so much because word of mouth was so positive
>>
>>68044660
Who the fuck are you quoting?
>>
File: 1459958101167.jpg (7 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1459958101167.jpg
7 KB, 400x300
>>68044691
First prequel movie made the most money to, the sequels made less. History repeats itself.
>Not in any measurable standard
lol
>>
>>68044711
The picture that had Jar Jar abrams in it, you fucking retard
>>
>>68044564
Rey did seem to have a kind of anger in her... my vague prediction is Kylo will regret what he did and turn back towards the light side, and rey will get tempted by the dark side in the 2nd movie.

Maybe 3rd movie will have a fight with light kylo and dark rey fight against each other before teaming up ultimately against snoke.
>>
Rey caring that Solo dies after knowing him for 2h
Solo caring about Rey at all.
The Rebels go from no plan to the shittiest plan in the universe trusting a total stranger.
>>
>>68044660
>stupid, clumsy, chatty, nagging Gungan
>shitty movie
Any queshions?
>>
>>68044726
It didn't have any of the quotes you wrote. So again, who the fuck are you quoting?
>>
File: 14505593229300.jpg (199 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
14505593229300.jpg
199 KB, 1365x2048
>>
>>68044740
But thats the rationale. People call JJ Jar Jar while simultaneously praising Lucas. If you cant see the contradiction there you may be retarded
>>
>>68044740
>greentexting is always a quote

How new are you?
>>
>>68044731
>Rey caring that Solo dies after knowing him for 2h
>Solo caring about Rey at all.
It's stupid but I don't totally hate this. Both of them were hurting and wanted a specific family figure (Han wanted his child, Rey wanted a parent) and, for a little while, they did that for each other.

Kylo was right though, it wouldn't really have worked out.
>>
File: 14505273220420.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
14505273220420.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>
>>68044764
Feel free to point to a single person who's said anything good about Lucas in this thread.

>>68044779
He's literally quoting imaginary people in his post. Try to keep up, kiddo.
>>
File: 1460181938048.jpg (92 KB, 640x523) Image search: [Google]
1460181938048.jpg
92 KB, 640x523
>>
>>68044822
>He's literally quoting imaginary people in his post. Try to keep up, kiddo.
Holy shit are you stupid.
>>
The 2 major issues with this movie was a lack of world building and a lack of character development. They just threw the audience into this new Star Wars universe but they don't do anything to establish the political climate of the galaxy, which is incredibly important since it's 30 years later and so we can't assume anything based off of the ending of RotJ. The characters are also incredibly flat outside of possibly Kylo Ren, none of them really change over the course of the movie or if they do it's not really set up but rather just forced because they needed a specific scene in the movie.

Both of these problems are a result of them playing the movie extremely safe, to the point where it's basically a remake of A New Hope and thinking they can just cash in on the nostalgia without actually developing anything. I mean they obviously could do that and did but it means that the next 2 movies are going to be in trouble if they don't quickly rectify these problems.
>>
File: 1413657091573.gif (136 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
1413657091573.gif
136 KB, 260x187
>SW 2016
>The concepts of "Jedi", "Sith" and "Force" are gimmicky subplots revolving around the trials of a heroine no one gives a shit about, a ex-trooper with ptsd and a wannabee han solo pilot.

End me senpai.
>>
File: 1459672882664.webm (792 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459672882664.webm
792 KB, 1280x720
>>68041754
My number 1 wish right now is for JJ to release an extended cut of force awakens.

If Based Snyder can do it for BvS, then JJ can damnit!
>>
File: 1459649055362.jpg (598 KB, 794x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459649055362.jpg
598 KB, 794x1200
It just occurred to me that that Qui-Gon really did inadvertently fuck the Galaxy. Or I suppose the Force could be said to have imploded, since I guess Palpatine could have done nearly as well without Vader.

With every era, the Galaxy is getting more and more dystopian.

The Golden Age! Jedi as guardians of peace and justice, a peaceful galaxy with so few wars that there is no need of a standing army, even if there are a few backwater words that are still troubled like Tatooine. Then the Clone Wars and Dark Times.

The Classic era! Sure, the Galaxy is under a brutal dictatorship, and everything is a bit more grim and gritty and utilirtarian. Still, society as a whole marches on, and the Galaxy still feels pretty nice.

Bam. TFA. A feued between branches of the Skywalker family are brutally ripping what remains of a post-civil-war society apart over the best way to rule. A sinister figure, Snoke, is using it to his benefit, but he might even be involved more intimately as far as we know. Three or more planets blow up, places like Jakku exist from the aftermath of the civil war, and everything is even more terrible than in ANH.

Seriously, as 'righteous' as the Resistance seem, their leadership consists of a Skywalker and all her close friends. Akbar; who she now seems to outrank. Eve Poe is a friend of the family.

The First Order is less connected, but their 'face' is still the grandson of Vader, son of Leia, and the Knights of Ren might all be vaguely reverent of Vader.
>>
>>68041754
Just reddit go anon... reddit go... it's alright
>>
>>68043004
They weren't dying for a person, they were dying for their people.
>>
>>68044570
>>68044691
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S2zsCaOOmE&

Just because something makes money, doesn't mean it's good you fucking cuck

even Mark Hamill knows TFA is a heap of shit that's exclusively lauded by redditors
>>
>>68044717
>do not want
wus dat the original line? ._.
>>
>>68044730
>Maybe 3rd movie will have a fight with light kylo and dark rey fight against each other before teaming up ultimately against snoke.
KYLO VS REY: DAWN OF THE JEDI
>>
>>68044143
Yes, I do know what's happened. I know that the Empire have a new Death Star, some three times bigger than the last and more powerful. I know that there are legions and legions of stormtroopers, all in shining new armour with state of the art weaponry. I know that the empire is clearly strong enough to attack the desert planet and the jungle planet without fear of retribution, meaning they have at least similiar territorial strength as in the OT. It may not be outright spoken, but the events that take place within the shitty narrative, the setting and the characterisation SHOW me that the Empire has not become weaker. Conversely the rebellion has not become stronger. It's piss poor exposition and setting design, all to cash in on the nostalgia train.
>>
>>68044818
holy shit did south park predict disney literally raping lucas' franchise?
>>
>>68043623

>know the legend of the Millennium Falcon, but doesn't she just was flying the Millennium Falcon

I mean I've heard of the U.S.S. Lincoln but I couldnt tell it apart from other Nimitz carriers if it didn't have ABRAHAM LINCOLN written down the side of it

falcon was one of hundreds, probably thousands of that class of ship

ya dumb fagget
>>
>>68044660
>>68044764
People that praise Lucas and like Jar Jar still realize that he's a dumb pleb alien

thus it's natural to draw comparisons to J.J. Abrams

aka Jar Jar Abrams, because he's a dumb pleb meme loser
>>
>>68045274
Mickey is actually Spielberg in the original. I'm pretty sure this is an edit, using their Mickey head from that boy band episode.
>>
>>68044691
>because word of mouth was so positive

not because it's the first sw movie in years rite
>>
File: 1460189322003.png (228 KB, 358x408) Image search: [Google]
1460189322003.png
228 KB, 358x408
>>68044143
>That's not a fair complaint.
>writes critique that makes sense
>That's not fair!!
>>
>>68045367
first time I saw it I called it the best cinematic experience ever. it wasn't until weeks later I realized the flaws
>>
You do realize that Star Wars is written by human beings right? Not fucking gods.

It was a blockbuster about space samurai and laser-shooting robots. Jesus.
>>
File: 1460098211238.jpg (3 MB, 5760x4080) Image search: [Google]
1460098211238.jpg
3 MB, 5760x4080
It was a major fuck up that JJ directed it

It's still decent imo but the hack couldn't do a creative thing even if you put a gun to his head

Episode VII should have been directed by James Gunn
>>
>>68044691
>And it didnt just make money, it made a LOT of money.

it made 600 million less than Disney projected it to make after the opening weekend.
>>
>>68045408
>I called it the best cinematic experience ever.
jesus

you must have never seen a star wars movie in a theater before that
>>
>>68045408
welcome to adulthood. maybe you'll be able to get that time down to just one week next time.
>>
>>68045455
>muh director

the core story is clearly being dictated by Disney, and the story is what makes a film work. James Gunn wouldn't have been able to make a third Death Star into a good premise.
>>
>>68045482

>Being an adult means having impossible expectations about reality and finding plotholes in children't films
>>
>>68045408
>>68045482
welcome to patricianhood

maybe you'd have realized it was a piece of shit anywhere from 5 minutes to halfway in through the movie
>>
>>68045520
No everything wrong with this movie is the consequence of Jar Jar's shitty directing
>>
>>68045213
The argument wasnt "was it good" it was "did people like it", and money earned suggests that people enjoyed the movie

BvS dropped hard after its first weekend because it sucked.
>>
File: dubtrooper.png (1 MB, 762x813) Image search: [Google]
dubtrooper.png
1 MB, 762x813
>>68044377
>77
Star Wars was released in 1977
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.