[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The plot makes no sense.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 26
File: 1459814828306.png (3 MB, 998x1522) Image search: [Google]
1459814828306.png
3 MB, 998x1522
The plot makes no sense.
>>
>>68038064

>30 minutes removed from the movie last minute by the studio.

No shit you're going to have plotholes and bad pacing.
>>
It actually makes perfect sense up until Doomsday, you're just LITERALLY too stupid to understand capeshit, of all things.
>>
File: image.jpg (302 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302 KB, 2400x2400
Rotten tomato
>>
Ben Afwrecked it
>>
>>68038064
just saw it again. didn't catch the first time that lex knew that bruce/batman were the same person and it seems as if he's known for awhile (prior to the "current day" of the movie's start)

makes his dinner party and shitty speech more interesting bc he also had WW there and he obviously knew her identity as well.
>>
I just got back from seeing it. It's a mediocre movie and worse than either Avengers film, but how did it not make sense?

>Bruce grows to hate Superman because of the destruction he caused, plus a bit of jealousy l
>Superman dislikes the cruelty Batman exhibits
>Bruce wants to kill Superman because of the possibility he'll turn against humanity
>Lex pushed Bruce over the edge by manipulating him
>Lex made the public turn on Superman by making it seem as if destruction follows him everywhere by blowing up the Senate, which fuels Bruce's anger
>they fight because, as I already established, Bruce hates Superman and Lex has Superman's mom hostage
>Batman wins, Lois saves Superman
>oh shit, we've been manipulated!
>they go to apprehend Lex
>he unleashes Doomsday
>they fight and defeat Doomsday
>the end
What was so hard to understand?
>>
you know, i was pretty hyped for this movie but I really enjoyed seeing it crashing down into flames for some reason. It has only hit me now just how disappointing this movie was.
>>
BECAUSE IT'S A BAD MOVIE, WE GET IT. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD! NO SHIT!
>>
>>68040284
>i was pretty hyped for this movie
You're an idiot. There was not a single shimmer of hope or evidence this was going to be decent.
>>
>>68038064
This movie has the most masterful villain scheme to ever not appear on the screen. It's better than Ozymandias's plan from Watchmen, it's more coherent than Loki's plan from The Avengers, and it's WAY better than Obadiah Stane 's plan from Iron Man. The problem is that every piece we're given on-screen has to be assembled by the audience to see it Every piece fits(except for maybe the bullets)and it all makes sense, but it's OK. Puzzles aren't for everyone.

Maybe finger painting's more your speed.
>>
>>68040359
it was still batman and superman
>>
File: 1455840240090.jpg (105 KB, 597x614) Image search: [Google]
1455840240090.jpg
105 KB, 597x614
>>68040257
>Lex made the public turn on Superman by making it seem as if destruction follows him everywhere by blowing up the Senate, which fuels Bruce's anger

Lex turned the public against him with the murder of those dune coons. The real question is how did Lex know who Superman was?

Blowing up the Senate was just a prank he pulled on Mommy Senator.
>>
>>68040388
and they've obviously never had bad movies before
>>
oh so the ship taught lex about the existence of thanos and "the bell has been rung" and all that shit. i get it now. great writing.
>>
>>68040361
Dude Lex was exactly the same as Loki he even had the same hair, The old god showing him whats coming and how to start it happening, Darkseid = Thanos Loki = Lex

Boo fuck off Dccuck
>>
>>68038525
>by the studio.
If you film 3 hours of film knowing that it's aiming for a block buster release then you're the one fucking over the audience, not the studio.
>>
>>68040493
What was his plan then?
>>
>>68038525

Really? I hope there's a directors cut then, even though I thought the plot made perfect sense, Lex Luther performed necromancy on Zods corpse
>>
>>68040257

The overall plot makes sense but the individual events don't nor do a lot of the characters act rationally or consistently. For example Superman dislikes Batman for being an aggressive vigilante yet Superman does the same shit and his fighting leaves paths of destruction. Batman really fucking hates Superman and will stop at nothing to stop him unless superman's mom has the same name as his. It is implied early in the movie that Lex genuinely cares over humanity's best interest and like Batman he sees Superman as a threat, yet later in the movie he unleashes Doomsday. We once again get a back and origin story to Bruce Wayne, but no context whatsoever to Wonder Woman, she just shows up.
>>
File: view 18 replies.png (68 KB, 813x398) Image search: [Google]
view 18 replies.png
68 KB, 813x398
>>
>>68040572
This was Batmans introduction into the DCCU

Wonder Womens backstory will come in her solo movie, likely similer to Black Panther being in Civil War. I doubt we will get much info on Wakanda.
>>
>>68040572
>It is implied early in the movie that Lex genuinely cares over humanity's best interest
yeah....no. that's exactly the bullshit senator was referring to with her "granny's peach tea" metaphor
>>
>>68040257
You're glossing over a lot of things that made people confused and feel like pieces were left out.

>Movie starts with a set up by Luthor to get Superman involved in an African civil war
>Somehow that works and the government is upset that Superman punched a terrorist through three walls
>Also the Senate is holding a hearing in the very next scene where they hear people talking about how some bad men shot up their village and somehow it's Superman's fault and somehow this is on the Senate's to do list.

>Luthor asks a senator to have an object shipped in
>a few quick scenes later Senator says no
>another Senator gives in to all of Luthor's demands, including giving him full unrestricted and unmonitored access to an alien ship and the only body of an alien species.
>Then Luthor's Kryptonite is already in port, as if he was having it shipped without caring about the paperwork he just asked for
>also Luthor bombs the Senate during Superman's hearing and then nobody seems to care about that part at all

>Bruce is tracking down the Russian to find the White Portuguese
>Later reveals that he needs to find it because it has Kryptonite on it and it's the only thing that can stop Superman
>He somehow knows this already, even though he's only been beating up low level thugs
>Goes to party where he tries to steal data from Luthor
>Diana sees him and has her car pulled around so she can go down and steal the device Bruce plugged in
>She only showed up to the party to get something from Luthor and the second she takes the device she leaves the party knowing it has the item she wanted and never looks back

>Lois throws spear in water
>Lois goes after spear thinking it must be important

>Superman hears Lois in Africa and falling from Lex's tower but doesn't hear his mother or Lois get kidnapped
>Superman lets Lex fly off in a helicopter
>Luthor reveals he knew who both Superman are, but never explains how and seems like an ass pull
>>
>>68040731
This
The only thing that would even imply that is he wanted to make Kryptonite into a shield of sorts against Superman, but when in actuallity, as evidenced by Doomsday, he wanted to Weaponize it. He didnt care for humanity, he just didnt want false gods.
>>
>>68040774
Bruce is tracking down the Russian to find the White Portuguese
>Later reveals that he needs to find it because it has Kryptonite on it and it's the only thing that can stop Superman
>He somehow knows this already, even though he's only been beating up low level thugs
>Goes to party where he tries to steal data from Luthor

You literally got this all backwards. He finds out what white portugeuse is from the data he stole.
>>
>>68040572
Like I said, the plot made sense, but I understand what you're saying. I saw it with my brother and the whole way home we were discussing it, and I told him everyone seemed like a moron in the movie.

Think back to the first Avengers movie, when Cap is telling them all what to do to fight the invasion (the "Hulk: smash" scene). They're organized and have a plan, they work as a team, and their plan makes sense. They work to the best of their abilities.

In this, everyone acts like a retard and the 3 heroes didn't work together at all until the last second. Doomsday comes and Superman flies him into space, where they're both nuked. Then Doomsday comes back down to Earth and Batman tries to lure him back to Metropolis. He gets shot down and Wonder Woman saves him.

Batman already established at this point that the spear is needed to kill Doomsday...so he stands there with his 1 (one) remaining Kryptonite grenade and does nothing the whole fight instead of going to fetch the spear, which wouldn't hurt him since he's human. Instead, Superman gets it and almost dies in the process.
Then Superman uses the spear to stab Doomsday instead of Batman or Wonder Woman doing it? They would've been unaffected by it, yet he did it himself. It was retarded.

Lex obviously planned on Superman dying, seeing as how he knew all about Darkseid (though, really, if I didn't know any better I'd think fucking Satan was the final boss, since it kept showing that picture in Lex's house). But how'd he know Doomsday would die too? Did he plan on Darkseid killing Doomsday? Or fucking Batman killing Doomsday?

The movie is a mess, but I don't understand why people are having issues with the plot. It's full of holes, but coherent enough.
>>
>>68040787
>He didnt care for humanity, he just wanted to be a false god.

ftfy
>>
File: rNsvS6Ys.jpg (2 MB, 1746x4245) Image search: [Google]
rNsvS6Ys.jpg
2 MB, 1746x4245
>>
File: LOOK.png (3 MB, 998x1522) Image search: [Google]
LOOK.png
3 MB, 998x1522
>>
>>68040257
He explains it pretty well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImFQZ7-TKqM
>>
>>68040774
>Superman goes to talk to Batman and knows he's Bruce, suddenly. Only scene where he was suspicious before was hearing Bruce on a blue tooth.
>Superman walks into many obvious traps
>For some reason there are traps set up on the ground for someone on foot to take down a man who can fly

>Martha

>Luthor is staging a plan to get Batman and Superman to fight for years, even though Batman has apparently retired
>interferes with someone's disability checks, hoping the person would never just go to the office directly to try and clarify the error
>also hoping he'd eventually be given access to the Kryptonian ship and Zod's body
>Even when the only reason they would was because of Kryptonite, which he loses his entire supply of
>Somehow knows that adding his blood will create a giant mutant retard that will want to immediately fight Superman
>Also this plan happens to work out perfectly with the time that Batman decided to have his stand off against Superman

>>68040839
He was trying to take down Superman and was obsessed with finding the White Portuguese. What reason would he have for going after the Russian if he didn't think it would take down Superman?
>>
File: man of steel cartoon.png (635 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
man of steel cartoon.png
635 KB, 1600x900
>>68040960
>>
File: 1459780748202 (1).jpg (285 KB, 656x982) Image search: [Google]
1459780748202 (1).jpg
285 KB, 656x982
>>68040960
Posting CGI-less BvS footage.
>>
>>68040845
>Then Superman uses the spear to stab Doomsday instead of Batman or Wonder Woman doing it? They would've been unaffected by it, yet he did it himself. It was retarded.

Only superman had the strength necessary to pierce through Doomsday completely. It's a point in the movie that Supes literally impales himself more just to get closer to Dooms and shove the spear further. WW is weaker than Supes btw, and Batman would have been mashed potatoes if he tried that shit.
>>
File: 1459759537912.jpg (40 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1459759537912.jpg
40 KB, 600x300
>>68041018
>>
>>68040845
Superman knows Bruce is just a guy in a suit. He knows jack shit about Wonder Woman other than she seems pretty strong and pretty tough, but he's yet to see her take an unblocked shot from Doomsday.

Bruce has one grenade left and wisely saves it to a point in the fight where he's more hopeful it will make a difference. Diana manages to subdue Doomsday with her lasso, Clark, acting very much like Clark, opts to risk his own life before risking anyone else's.

No, they don't evince flawless teamwork, nor should they, but they do find roles they can fill and stick with them to bring Doomsday down.
>>
>>68040493
>>68040540

Well?
>>
>>68041050
>>68041108
Except Wonder Woman was making Doomsday her bitch. She bashed him with the shield and brought him down on one knee, and cut off his arm easily. She was clearly powerful enough to penetrate his skin, and even Lex could cute Zod's body with the Kryptonite, and Batman cut Superman's cheek with it.
>>
>>68041201
That still doesn't mean Clark would be like, "Hey lady who just showed up to help, let go of that magic rope thing and take this spear. You can use it to kill that horror that I sort of feel I directly responsible for. I'd kill it myself, but I might get killed, so you give it a shot."
>>
>>68041275
>indirectly responsible
>>
>>68038064
plot?
>>
>>68041341
Just because you were too busy misunderstanding the point of all that "ham-fisted imagery" to catch the plot doesn't mean it wasn't there.
>>
>>68041201
>and cut off his arm easily.

That's actually a better point than your previous one. In light of WW's sword being able to cut through Doomsday's skin/muscles, from a storytelling perspective, why was the spear necessary at all? It almost nullifies Superman's sacrifice completely.
>>
>>68041462
Considering that within seconds, he grew back a weapon in its place, maybe you really did need the kryptonite to stop it from just Wolverining right past the wound.
>>
>>68041512
>stab him in the head
>bone grows through brain and eyes
> knife eye attack
>>
>>68040577
But MoS had great plot.

In BvS : Bats seeing destruction of Metropolis, then he sees that Sups trying his best to redeem himself self simply by saving people AND at the same not disturb in war/politics conflicts (that what he learned from Joe), we can't see all good things that he had done, but we assume from the movie that his credibility before people THAT high that even some people from high rankings in state refuse to make weapons from kryptonite at least for Sup's determination. This is 2 years mate. Bats is still "1% percent to destroy entire human race", then senate blowing with Supes in it BUT even journalists knows that it wasn't Superman's work, but somehow that was tipping point for Bruce to steal kryptonite to kill Supes, even tho he knows that guy is good and it wasn't he who blew senate. I mean WTF!?

Btw sorry for bad English.
>>
>>68038064

>the plot makes no sense

Are you saying it makes no sense to you?

>Inception makes no sense
>Interstellar makes no sense

Ive heard that one before.

If you want to say "I didnt like it", then try to articulate an argument, not simply make a blanket statement like a retarded teenager.
>>
>>68041631
He thinks Clarke will eventually turn anyway, that it's not worth keeping on him around on that fact.

20 years in Gotham and all. Plus the dreams.
>>
>>68040960
hahahaha, what the fuck is with Superman's hair?
>>
File: D5tJcyAMxir3x3srlL6Z11kZo1_500.gif (92 KB, 477x353) Image search: [Google]
D5tJcyAMxir3x3srlL6Z11kZo1_500.gif
92 KB, 477x353
>>68041068
>>
>>68041740
I know, but he see at the same time that someone trying it's best to blackmail Supes.
I mean BvS plot makes perfect sense but at the same time it feels somehow cringy. In MoS it wasn't like that.
>>
>>68038064
You make no cents.
>>
>>68041986
He doesn't know. He knows by the end of the fight.
>>
File: images-41.jpg (20 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images-41.jpg
20 KB, 384x384
>batman wants to fight superman because superman killed the guy who destroyed the city...?
>lex luther wants them to fight because i don't even know
>superman hates batman because batman fights crime...?
>wonder woman wants a photo back...?
>lex luther has footage of superheroes on his hard drive...?
>>
>>68042066
>>batman wants to fight superman because superman killed the guy who destroyed the city...?
1%
>>lex luther wants them to fight because i don't even know
Yea
>>superman hates batman because batman
>fights crime...?
This
>>wonder woman wants a photo back...?
>>lex luther has footage of superheroes on his hard drive...?
It was OK.
>>
>>68042066
He brands people. And branding people is not cool. Shit burns.
>>
>>68042066
>batman wants to fight superman because superman killed the guy who destroyed the city...?
Collateral damage and he is probably in shock due to what occurred. Dealing with simple thugs that can be threatened, scarred ect.. then an indestructible god appears (aka he is losing his shit mentally).
>lex luther wants them to fight because i don't even know
Luthor wants to kill a god because he cant control him (people can be bought)/daddy issues.
>superman hates batman because batman fights crime...? Batman is branding folks after disarming them, his brand is a death sentence in prison.

>wonder woman wants a photo back...? Exposes her existence, she seems to want to connect back to man's world but something occurred to make her distrust the world of men.
>lex luther has footage of superheroes on his hard drive...? Threat to him, his place in the world, and can be used to create fear in folks which may allow him to create new weapons or gain more power.

my random opinion from seeing the flick but I use to watch JL cartoons as a kid (familiarity with some aspects).
>>
It would have made alot more sense if doomsday was just cryogenically frozen in the spaceship instead of the weird computer genetically engineering him from zod shite
>>
>>68041580
To be fair, that's exactly what Doomsday was like in the comics.
>>
>>68041740
Plus which, Bruce sees him as a controversial figure that's a danger to those around him just by simple virtue of existing.
>>
>>68042066
Batman wants to fight Superman because he thinks people dont stay good, and with Supermans powers its to dangerous to wait for that to happen, considering he just leveled a city.
"How many good guys are left, how many stayed that way"

Also Id hate to be a Taxpayer in Metropolition city, considering its been destroyed twice in 2 years.
>>
>>68042284
That would have been nice and holy shit for not thinking about it.

Also they could have used the batman branding thing another way in which they spoke to each other and thus providing the characterization of batman (i instill fear because x reason).
Superman sees thru his costume, bruce wayne why?? batman places a tracker.. supes finds out looks out window sees bats in the distance. Lois get kidnapped sups is distracted and teams up with bats to find her because of bullet casing left at scene in africa.

bats goes detective mode ect.. leads to luthor industries, breaks in but notices someone else doing the same (ww), bats stealth ninja then battles his way thru and rescues her.

rough ideas to reach mid point of film.
>>
>>68042246
Actually branding isn't death sentence to the jail, you understand it too straight. It's just a guy will have very very hard time in jail. And one guy is clearly killed by Lex to throw some shit on the fan for Supes (remember that he knows real names for both of them).
>>
File: ghsgjadg.png (1 MB, 680x499) Image search: [Google]
ghsgjadg.png
1 MB, 680x499
>>68040424
>The real question is how did Lex know who Superman was?

Holy Shit, the entire african subplot existed because Lex figured out who Superman was. He even flat out tells Louis on the roof how he figured it out. Snyder-tier capeshit is literally 2deep4u holy hell
>>
>>68042066
Luthor wanted to make Supes a murderer on camera, because he assumed Supes wouldn't hesitate to kill Bruce with his mother on the line. He made it easy for Bruce to steal the kryptonite because it put it in Bruce's hands in a way that made him look blameless and he knew that Bruce was crazy and obsessed enough to believe he had a snowball's chance in hell.

The reason he was sitting on proof of the other superhumans was so he could unite them himself to combat the "alien menace," making him seem like some sort of visionary genius. The fact he'd gone so far to create personalized logos for their file folders just indicates that he'd intended to "brand" the Justice Leagueâ„¢, brought to you by Lexcorp!
>>
>>68042482
sorry did not get that part. I took 2 piss breaks and my buds said i did not miss much. I did not even know if lex knew bats identity. That rewatch.
>>
>>68042552
Thats exactly what Im fucking asking you stupid peice of shit.

If Lex knew who Superman was pre-africa, how? What crucial peice of evidence did Lex have that gave him Supermans identity and let him know Lois was the key? Did El Flasho go to Lex too, or was this some missing plot point Snyder forgot to tell us?
>>
>>68040572
>For example Superman dislikes Batman for being an aggressive vigilante

No, he has a problem with Batman fucking torturing people and doing horrible shit like branding them.

>Batman really fucking hates Superman and will stop at nothing to stop him unless superman's mom has the same name as his.

No, it helps Bruce realize that Superman is exactly like him, a man trying to help people. He no longer sees him just as an alien to whom he projects all his paranoia and fears into. It changes his entire perspective.

>It is implied early in the movie that Lex genuinely cares over humanity's best interest and like Batman he sees Superman as a threat, yet later in the movie he unleashes Doomsday.

Lex was lying. He was feeding them bullshit that he thought they wanted to hear. He just wanted to destroy Superman due to his petty hatred of him as a concept.
>>
>>68042616

>If Lex knew who Superman was pre-africa, how? What crucial peice of evidence did Lex have that gave him Supermans identity and let him know Lois was the key? Did El Flasho go to Lex too, or was this some missing plot point Snyder forgot to tell us?

Lex said to Lois that the easiest line to Superman was Lois. The Africa bit was him testing his theory.

Superman relationship with Lois in the movie is shown being his biggest weakness and failure as a hero and later as his connection to Earth and thus his reason to be a hero.
>>
File: laffin at bald superman.jpg (160 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
laffin at bald superman.jpg
160 KB, 700x1000
>>68040960
LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD
>>
File: 1379589286343.gif (2 MB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1379589286343.gif
2 MB, 325x244
>Wow, Metropolis was totally flattened and Superman did nothing but add to the destruction!
https://youtu.be/SqBzNT_llL8
>>
>>68042588
>sorry did not get that part. I took 2 piss breaks and my buds said i did not miss much.
This true.
I did not even know if lex knew bats identity.
He resend his paychecks from crippled man without legs with hothead messages like "you left your family die" so yeah, he knew.
>>
>>68042616
>the shortest distance from any two points is a triangle
>immediately throws louis off

It's not like it isn't well known to the entire world that louis
>knew who superman was(shot'gunned it all over the internet)
>got saved by superman multiple times

because that already happened in MoS, Lex was just attempting to prove how causal Superman saving louis was and how far he would go to do it, from there it's a very easy step that the 6'1 reporter who like superman, who's dating louis lane, is probably superman
>>
>>68042779
ah, thats the implication i got from that scene. I was thinking i missed something explicitly stated.
>>
>>68042482
>And one guy is clearly killed by Lex to throw some shit on the fan for Supes

Valid theory, but the men that Bats branded are literally the "worst" of the worst by real-world standards: child rapists and sex traffickers. Rapists - in the real world - already face heavy rejection from inmates. It's more probable that Bats branded them knowing full well what would happen to them on the inside.
>>
>>68042616
Probably by gathering all the available information on the couple.

>Lois breaks the story on Superman
>Lois traveled to Kansas for some unknown reason during the Kryptonian invasion
>Lois is seen kissing Superman in the aftermath of the battle and comforting him after the death of Zod
>Clark Kent is from Kansas
>Clark Kent starts working for the Daily Planet
>Clark Kent is involved romantically with Lois

All of this would have been relatively easy to turn up for someone with pockets as deep as Lex's. Bruce could have turned it all up, too, were he not so busy looking for a way to kill Clark.
>>
>>68038064
It made sense. It had other problems like too many additional shit adding nothing and distracting from the actual plot, but the plot itself made sense and was pretty easy to follow. It just drags for too long with things that go nowhere.
>>
>>68042853
I've got a theory that ties all those disparate elements together(except for the bullet subplot) and here's the Cliff's notes version >>68042570
>>
>>68042631
>>For example Superman dislikes Batman for being an aggressive vigilante

>No, he has a problem with Batman fucking torturing people and doing horrible shit like branding them.

>>Batman really fucking hates Superman and will stop at nothing to stop him unless superman's mom has the same name as his.

>No, it helps Bruce realize that Superman is exactly like him, a man trying to help people. He no longer sees him just as an alien to whom he projects all his paranoia and fears into. It changes his entire perspective.
He said it during the fight that "your parents probably told you to do right things" ,he knows that it wasn't Supes who blew senate and more of it during 2 years Supes just saving everyone and not going into politics, and yet only his weak mother was enough reason to not finishing a possible fucking threat of entire mankind.
WTF!?
>>
>>68042853
>>68042918

I should add that Lex is shown misrepresenting facts, distorting the truth, and playing on the superstitions of others to get what he wants from very early in the plot, so I'd say it's not wise to take much of what he says at face value.
>>
>>68042932
>and yet only his weak mother was enough reason to not finishing a possible fucking threat of entire mankind.
What do you not understand about the character of Batman? The only reason he's Batman is because of the traumatic moment in which his parents died. He didn't want to let another man's mother die.
>>
>>68042983
I especially like the dream where his own subconscious fears over the monster he knew he was becoming are presented as a monstrous bat creature bursting forth from his mother's tomb.
>>
>>68042932
Batman doesn't have to act logically 100% of the time, he's a broken individual and borderline psychotic. The reason why he spared him was because Superman calling out Martha's name triggered Bruce's most traumatic memory. At that moment, Bruce saw himself as the killer of his parents.

People shitting on their conciliation is a gross misunderstanding of a two-dimensional character.
>>
File: 1460182713622.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1047) Image search: [Google]
1460182713622.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1047
>>
>>68043066
LOLOLOLOL
>>
>>68042932

Of course Batman "knew" Superman had parents, Superman didn't just get born out of nothing, idiot. The point is Batman thought of Superman as an alien invader throughout the entire story, and that made him entirely unrelatable and foreign to Bruce. It made Bruce to see only the worst in Superman's character, especially when you add the chaos and destruction dealt by Zod to the mix. Martha triggers Batman's childhood drama and helps him realize Clark is exactly like him, a man the media vilified and fears despite all the good he does, so if he kills Superman, he is essentially killing himself metaphorically. And that is what makes him trust Superman, he judges Clark by his actions, not by his ow n biased fears.
>>
>>68043032
I know. And I actually like the psychotic Bats, but damn that was cringy you know.
>>
List 3 things that didn't make sense to you, plot-wise.
>>
>>68043144
Actually, "Martha" isn't what changed his mind. All that did was rattle him for a few precious seconds for Lois to show up and act as a human shield. She even reveals that Martha is Clark's mom's name. Clark failed to trust him with that knowledge. Lois didn't, and "Lois is the key." Trust is key.

Also, trust has been a theme with a through-line stretching back through MoS, too.
>>
>>68043206
>Why that senator just allows Lex everything he wants in exchange for a Cherry Jolly rancher after Mommy Senator says no way jose
>Why Bruce dreams of Senoir Flash saying Lois is key and Bruce was right, even though he hasnt even seen flash yet. If it wasnt a dream, why does Flash say Bruce was right?
>What exactly was Lexs plan? Did he think Doomsday would listen to him or was he going to use that little bit of Kryptonite to subdue doomsday aftrr the fight. Also what was his fucking problem
>>
>>68043300
>>Why that senator just allows Lex everything he wants in exchange for a Cherry Jolly rancher after Mommy Senator says no way jose
I have trouble recollecting that scene, but I know Lex gave him something in exchange.

>>Why Bruce dreams of Senoir Flash saying Lois is key and Bruce was right, even though he hasnt even seen flash yet. If it wasnt a dream, why does Flash say Bruce was right?
Look up Flashpoint. But don't read anything more than a brief summary, if you don't want spoilers.

>>What exactly was Lexs plan? Did he think Doomsday would listen to him or was he going to use that little bit of Kryptonite to subdue doomsday aftrr the fight. Also what was his fucking problem
Lex is insane and eccentric.
>>
>>68038525
so you agree that its a bad movie?
>>
>>68043300
>What exactly was Lexs plan? Did he think Doomsday would listen to him or was he going to use that little bit of Kryptonite to subdue doomsday aftrr the fight. Also what was his fucking problem

>>68042570

When his plan went to shit, he just released Doomsday because he was out of fucks to give at that point, otherwise, Doomsday would have been the distraction to keep Clark busy while his mercs tracked down and killed Lois. Everyone always talks about the BvS fight being a win-win for Lex, but truth is, it was the Superman/Doomsday fight that would have been. His plan failed the instant both heroes proved themselves to be, well, heroic. He expected them to be just as amoral(guilty) as he is.

"You know the oldest lie in America, Senator? That power can be innocent."
>>
>>68038558
Not OP, but super good argument xD
>>
>>68043379
Basically, he was drinking Lex's piss about it being a "deterrent," or else he just wanted Superman dead, too.
>>
File: hsaog.jpg (35 KB, 549x549) Image search: [Google]
hsaog.jpg
35 KB, 549x549
>>68041018
that's some super bulge
>>
Why do plebs happily watch films but then when capeshit comes out turn into plot hole searching critics?
>>
>>68043300
>Why that senator just allows Lex everything he wants in exchange for a Cherry Jolly rancher after Mommy Senator says no way jose

Because he was dumb enough to buy Lex's bullshit deterrent speech. Holly Hunter was too smart to fall for Lex's manipulation, he on the other hand ate it hook, line and sinker.
>>
>>68043379
>I have trouble recollecting that scene, but I know Lex gave him something in exchange.
Lex is denied import on Kryptonite,then it immedietly cuts to the scene with the guy being like "Ima let you import it, anything else you need" "Zods body" "Anything else" "Access to the ship" *unwraps Jolly rancher and seductivly puts it in his mouth* "its cherry. That was the end of the scene
>Look up Flashpoint. But don't read anything more than a brief summary, if you don't want spoilers.

Ive read Flashpoint, are you saying Speedy Gonzalas wasnt a dream, but from the future? If so, why would he say Batman was right about superman, when he actually wasnt? If it follows the Justice league never happened, what the fuck was the point of that scene? To push bruce to fight superman? Seems forced

>Lex is insane and eccentric.
So what youre saying is the entire first 2/3rds of the movie have no bareing on the Universe DC is trying to create? Everything that was nessisary was Post-"WHYD YOU SAY THAT NAME"?
>>
>>68043477
It's only for DC movies. In Marvel films, they're fine with people making witty quips in intense situations, as if that's realistic.
>>
>>68043477
""""""plot-holes"""""" is the only kind of critique plebs know of
>>
>>68043481
So Snyder just neglects all legistlative laws in this movie where One senator can say one thing but be overruled by any other Senator for no reason?
>>
>>68043532
it's called politics.
>>
>>68043497
As a point of fact, he didn't say he was right about Superman. He said he was right about "him." I think assuming he was talking about Superman is a mistake. I think Bruce thinks so too.
>>
>>68043497
>Lex is denied import on Kryptonite,then it immedietly cuts to the scene with the guy being like "Ima let you import it, anything else you need" "Zods body" "Anything else" "Access to the ship" *unwraps Jolly rancher and seductivly puts it in his mouth* "its cherry. That was the end of the scene
And like others said, he thought Lex was telling the truth about using it as a deterrent.

>If so, why would he say Batman was right about superman, when he actually wasnt?
Batman fought Superman. If he didn't, perhaps the timeline would be different (ie. "You were right all along.")

>So what youre saying is the entire first 2/3rds of the movie have no bareing on the Universe DC is trying to create? Everything that was nessisary was Post-"WHYD YOU SAY THAT NAME"?
What? What does that have to do with Lex?
>>
>>68043563
Oh, and also this >>68043561
>>
>>68043561
So who was he right about? Bruce really had no opinion on Lex until after the Superman fight.
>>
>>68040257
>bruce grows to hate supes because of the destruction he caused
ok fair enough but they could have emphasised that a bit more instead of nonsensical monologues about hunters and 1 percent chances
>superman dislikes the cruelty batman exhibits
which would be fine if they actually had superman be a nice dude in this like he is in the comics instead of scowling and saying shit like "Consider this mercy." as if he actually wants to Neck Snap batman
>bruce wants to kill superman because of the possibility he'll turn against humanity
fucking dumb. why not write it so that he makes a plan IN CASE superman turns evil, then puts it into practice after luthor makes it look like Superman HAS turned evil? again, the writing just does everything in the least intelligent or least well-written way possible
>lex pushed bruce over the edge by manipulating him
how does those messages about YOU LET YOUR FAMILY DIE make him mad when they're supposed to be sent by the dude that eventually bombs congress in his eyes? he doesnt make it look like superman sent them
>lex made the public turn on Superman
would have been more effective if 1. they didnt blame civilians being shot on him and 2. didnt immediately determine congress was blown up by Mr. Wheelchair. write something where Superman actually gets framed for something and the public hates him for it! fUCk

continued in post two
>>
>>68043563
The scariest part is by being "too soon," the Flash's intervention could have just served to guarantee the very future he was trying to prevent.
>>
>>68043601
Don't think too hard about it. Time travel doesn't really make sense.
>>
>>68043591
It's a little spooky, because the Flash almost seems afraid to use a name. Not trying to spoil anything but "speak of the devil and he appears."
>>
>Superman is controversial since he both saved the world from aliens, but at the same time is the reason behind the initial attack
>Batman thinks if there's any chance Superman could be bad, he must be stopped
>Lex Luthor has similar ideas and plans to stop Superman by intercepting Kryptonite and making a weapon
>Lex Luthor tricks Superman into fighting Batman, thinking one or both will get killed
>fight ends, Superman lives
>Lex Luthor revives Zod and mutates him into a hideous genetic hybrid of himself, Zod, and whatever else gave him spikes
>sicks new Zod beast on Superman and Batman
>they fight it (Wonder Woman is there because for no reason other than token woman and to set up for shitty sequels)
>they win
>Lex goes to jail
>Superman """""""""""""""dies""""""""""""""""" in a gay way
>he lives
>movie ends

how is the plot hard to get?
>>
>>68043563
>And like others said, he thought Lex was telling the truth about using it as a deterrent.
What im saying though is how can he grant Lex all these things when hes already been blocked to them. Wouldnt there have to be some kind of vote?

>Batman fought Superman. If he didn't, perhaps the timeline would be different (ie. "You were right all along.")
So Flash was just there to motivate Bruce to fight Superman? Something he was already planning on doing?
>>
>>68043625
Can you spoiler it? I really dont get what youre trying to say
>>
>>68043481
that senator granted him access to complete access to Zod's body and the kryptonian ship.

Holly Hunter denied him access to bringing large shipments of kryptonite into america.

two different things

capeshit is 2deep4u
>>
>>68040257
>>68043598
>they fight because supermans mum is being held hostage
what the fuck is the point of manipulating the both of them then just pointing a gun at ma kent and saying Kill Batman Or Else. Surely theres a more clever way Luthor could make Superman want to fight batman. make him think Batman's framing him or something! there's heaps of different possibilities!
>lois saves superman
fucking dumb. she didn't need to be there. superman should have been able to talk him down, thats what superman does
>oh shit we've been manipulated!
that doesnt even get told to batman. i get that he realizes superman is a dude with a mum and im not criticizing the Martha moment despite how poorly it was executed cause the point didnt fly over my head, but at no point do they explain Lex is behind everything to batman
>lex unleashes doomsday
why
if his plan was to have the two fight each other, why unleash doomsday
what does he gain from it anyway? the destruction of the fucking world?
why was lex a crazy person in this, anyway? lex luthor is supposed to me a smart, arrogant, petty asshole who is angry someone dares be better than him, not a fucking raving lunatic
>they fight and defeat doomsday
death of superman sucked ass and still had more gravitas than this. it took a year to ressurect superman and in this he'll be back next movie. there was no point behind killing him and nobody cares when it happens cause he's such a fucking unlikable cunt in this movie
>>
>>68043598
>fucking dumb. why not write it so that he makes a plan IN CASE superman turns evil

Because Lex never planned on keeping the obsessive, billionaire rival genius alive to thwart him in the future. He fully intended for Supes to kill him to serve the dual purpose of eliminating a potential stumbling block to future schemes and being the "martyr" that proved Supes to be a menace.

Lex is a big fan of "two birds with one stone." He gets three with one stone at the congressional hearing.
>>
>>68043598
>ok fair enough but they could have emphasised that a bit more instead of nonsensical monologues about hunters and 1 percent chances
Nigga, the whole 1st half was about emphasizing that.

>fucking dumb. why not write it so that he makes a plan IN CASE superman turns evil, then puts it into practice after luthor makes it look like Superman HAS turned evil? again, the writing just does everything in the least intelligent or least well-written way possible
The point was to show that Bruce wasn't acting entirely rationally, and was paranoid. The conversation with Alfred and the dream/timetravel demonstrate that.

>how does those messages about YOU LET YOUR FAMILY DIE make him mad when they're supposed to be sent by the dude that eventually bombs congress in his eyes? he doesnt make it look like superman sent them
He probably felt bad, because he felt that he indirectly pushed the guy to do it. Come on, this isn't that complicated...
>>
>>68043663
The first thing he says is hes allowing Lex his import licence...immedietly after the scene where Holly Hunter says shes blocking it.
>>
>>68043617
I'm betting they're going to use some sort of device like the old "cosmic treadmill" from the comics to rein in the Flash's OP time travel abilities.
>>
>>68043637
>What im saying though is how can he grant Lex all these things when hes already been blocked to them. Wouldnt there have to be some kind of vote?
The jolly rancher guy gave Lex the ship and Zod. Holly blocked the kryptonite shipment. Two different things.

>So Flash was just there to motivate Bruce to fight Superman? Something he was already planning on doing?
We can't be entirely sure if Batman was going to fight on. I think the """""""""dream""""""""" was the last straw for him, and made him peak paranoid.
>>
>>68043659
Darkseid - the main villain. He's basically the Devil himself, if the Devil were an ancient alien god.
>>
>>68043791
>The jolly rancher guy gave Lex the ship and Zod. Holly blocked the kryptonite shipment. Two different things.

See>>68043712
>>
>>68043698
>He gets three with one stone at the congressional hearing.
Holly dead, makes Superman look bad, and.... what's the 3rd one?
>>
>>68043688
The plan was for Superman to kill the Bat. Lex was planning to burn Martha anyway.

Why the flamethrower? Hint: it ain't because we burn witches.
>>
>>68043807
So what youre saying is Bruce was right about a character he doesnt even know exists yet?

Or did El flasho go back to far in time and not realize it?
>>
>>68043712
no, the jolly rancher scene comes when we first meet lex, the scene with him in his dad's office comes later
>>
>>68043821
>>68043712
Woah woah woah, regardless of what he said, I'm fairly sure his scene was before Holly blocking it. It was early into the movie.
>>
>>68040991
You do know Superman can see through masks right?
>>
>>68043823
Eliminates the disabled security guard, one of the few people who could prove that he was pushing Bruce's buttons. In the returned check scene, they only show like 6 or 7 returns, which indicates to me that that's when Lex started headgaming that poor sonofabitch into returning them with the nasty notes.
>>
>>68041050
>Only superman had the strength necessary to pierce through Doomsday completely
but the kryptonite negates whatever strength advantage he had
>>
>>68043839
I don't think he could be sure, and it's either a case where too much info could wreck things even worse than being cryptic and letting Bruce figure it out when the time was right, or he was for some reason, afraid to say the name aloud.
>>
>>68043909
It's funny. With all the people constantly saying "not muh Superman," the instant he does something truly Superman-esque, like risking his life in lieu of letting someone else do it, it's a "plot hole,"
>>
>>68042246
>Batman is branding folks after disarming them, his brand is a death sentence in prison
this shit doesn't make sense to me. You'd think that after 20 years of Batman that the prisons would be full of people he busted. I mean they're literally making a movie about that. Do they think that because they have a brand that he's a batman fanboy that just happens to be on the wrong side of the law?
>>
File: 4002838-1922527284-tumbl[1].jpg (211 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
4002838-1922527284-tumbl[1].jpg
211 KB, 960x720
>>68042774
>always assumed millions of people died because Metropolis is the NYC of the DC universe
>get confused when Gotham is shown in BvS to be right across the river
>look it up and apparently Metropolis is literally a suburb of Gotham in CT with a population of 70,000
>>
>>68044071
I think the whole "death sentence" thing was just one more example of "sensationalist journalism," similar to Superman being "responsible" for the bombing by simple virtue of not preventing it.

The guys he was branding were the same types who already have it the toughest in the pen in the first place.
>>
>>68038064

>batman trying to stop superman
>batman investigating lex luthor trying to find krypton rock
>batman finds metahuman file actually marked "metahuman" with logos for all the "metahumans" fucking really
>wonder woman being seductive and having sexual tension with bruce
>lois lane investigating lex luthor connection to african war crimes or something with superman
>superman being superman but not really not really saving anyone when he does its depressing to watch
>lex doing weird and autistic things like being alone with naked dead zod body going in alien ship and having weird r9k tier sessions with it
>creates some fucking alient monster thing without considering a way to stop it or anything supposdly a genius or something
>more autistic ramblings from lex
>steals supermans mom who he finds out about like really fucking easily
>even more autistic ramblings from lex now to superman "go fight batman" or else the witch burns!
>batman superman after over an hour of boring scenes mostly going nowhere fight then it ends after five minutes because muh martha
>lois is there for some reason
>then batman superman and wonder woman fight alien monster lex creates
>superman sacrifices himself when wonder woman could have stabbed the fucker instead
>more boring scenes and setting up for sequels and franchises no one gives a shit about because dc and wb dont know how to cinematic universe

It wasn't hard to follow, but yeah it made no fucking sense as a whole and was bogged down by sub plot after sub plot
>>
>>68038064
Batfleck looks Batwest here.
>>
File: 1456703601224.png (231 KB, 300x372) Image search: [Google]
1456703601224.png
231 KB, 300x372
>>68044743
>>wonder woman being seductive and having sexual tension with bruce

Yeah, THAT happened.
>>
>>68041050
>Only superman had the strength necessary to pierce through Doomsday completely.

>Wonder Woman completely cuts off Doomsday's arm with a non-kryptonite blade

??????
>>
File: 1438322505836.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1628) Image search: [Google]
1438322505836.jpg
273 KB, 1920x1628
>>68044811

She was totally into him, man. They were eye-fucking each other like crazy.
>>
>>68044743
Jesus that sounds bad.
>>
>>68044820
>It grows back harder and stronger.

Did u even watch the film.
>>
>>68045288
>wasnt even exposed to Kryptonite at that point

Did YOU even watch the movie?
>>
>>68045288

>>It grows back harder and stronger.

it didn't so much grow back as the bone just became an armblade
>>
>>68045288
>His arm didn't grow back, it just grew a bone protrusion
>No one had even stabbed him in the chest, so it wasn't grown back "harder and stronger"
>It was still cut off with a normal blade and Kryptonite was supposed to make Doomsday vulnerable, and this was a Kyrptonite spear hitting a Kyrptonite gassed Doomsday
>AND Superman was much, much weaker than Wonder Woman when he stabbed Doomsday because he was exposed to Kryptonite, he could barely fly and struggled to stand upright

Did you even watch the film?
>>
>>68043688
I think the Doomsday element was to trigger the forces beyond Earth(i.e. Darkseid).

This makes sense given the conversation he has with Batman in prison.
>>
>>68045369
DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING
>>
>>68045368
Superman had to do it to solidify his legend.

It's not practical, but fuck it. Its a movie about an alien fighting a psychopath dressed like a Bat.
>>
>>68045429
I don't give a shit about the presentation, I know that a dumb movie has to have a dumb contrivance for a really dumb dramatic climax, but my response was directly aimed at "only Superman was strong enough to do it," when even fucking Batman could have done it at that point, but Wonder Woman would have ran a straight hole through Doomsday.
>>
>>68045471
Didn't see that, yeah any of them could have done it really. But again, plot contrivance must.
>>
File: 2016-04-09 06.36.38.jpg (715 KB, 1205x1019) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-09 06.36.38.jpg
715 KB, 1205x1019
Why was Batman a spearcuck?

Swords are the masterrace
>>
>>68045513

lance of longinus, pierce the side of christ etc etc
>>
>>68045513
"The Holy Lance (German: Heilige Lanze), also known as the Holy Spear, the Spear of Destiny, or the Lance of Longinus, is the name given to the lance that pierced the side of Jesus as he hung on the cross, according to the Gospel of John. Several churches across the world claim to possess this lance."
>>
>>68045551
But wasnt there also some King Arthur undertones the entire movie? Excalibur
>>
>>68045571

Yes, the final Doomsday fight is similar to the final battle of Arthur and Mordred in the Excalibur movie, there's also a coming attractions poster for it at the theater the Waynes come out of after seeing Zorro.

I mean it's Zack Snyder, he'll cram all sorts of imagery in there, Arthurian, Christian, etc etc
>>
>>68046264
With all the subtly and nuance of a child finger painting.
>>
>>68045564
>Several churches across the world claim to possess this lance."

That sounds like prime material for a heist/supernatural thriller
>>
>>68043598
>how does those messages about YOU LET YOUR FAMILY DIE make him mad when they're supposed to be sent by the dude that eventually bombs congress in his eyes? he doesnt make it look like superman sent them
The scene where Bruce sees the messages mirrors Supermans scene with Lois after the hearing.

>I didn't see it, because I wasn't looking
And then Batman
>Why didn't I see these?

Bruce went from the guy who rushed into an alien invasion to save his employees to a guy who just wasn't looking anymore.
He blames Superman for this.
>>
the thing is, the movie actually leaves a lot unsaid, inviting people to mull over characters and the insinuations of their statements. this is evident with bruce's lines, where he's always obviously referring to his history as batman, or wonder woman where she also refers to past events.

the thing with lex and other parts of the movie, is that instead of sparking conversation all it did was trigger *plot-hole!*. it backfired. much like a lot of how they did the movie, i take their intention was to have people taking about it across the board but people got triggered by details or collection of details in the movie and got taken out of it.

case in point, the dream
>>
>>68043839
>>68043919
flash first says that he's too early before he says you were right about him.
it's impossible for him to be referring to superman because if he was he would be right on time.
>>
>>68038525
Just like star wars. Always blame the studio.
>>
File: 1384762804590.jpg (58 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1384762804590.jpg
58 KB, 720x720
>Lex reveals in a conversation with Superman later that it was easy to manipulate Batman into fighting by sending back the checks meant for the other guy and writing incendiary stuff on them like YOU LET YOUR FAMILY DIE
>Bruce didn't even see those checks until the day of the bombing in the court room because his secretary withheld them
>Bruce only saw them because of a leap in logic where he's watching a groomed and suit-wearing man in a fancy, high tech wheelchair face Superman, in court to air out the same frustrations that Bruce himself has with Superman (but even worse because the man lost not only his legs but also his family that day in Metropolis), and suddenly demands why he isn't getting the checks they've been sending

It's like someone forgot to actually proofread the script. It's like there was an actual bit earlier in the movie where Bruce has been receiving the checks back regularly and it only adds to his mounting hatred for Superman, but they cut it out, so sloppily did a reshoot for a scene where a guy walks in and hands them to Bruce during the hearing. Lex literally did nothing to stoke Batman's hate for Superman. There was literally zero manipulation on his part for Batman. It's a damn lucky thing for him too that Batman's training and arming up with kryptonite coincided on the exact day and time that Lex decided to kidnap Martha Kent and make Superman fight.
>>
>>68046906
>Bruce went from the guy who rushed into an alien invasion to save his employees to a guy who just wasn't looking anymore.

In no universe can those actions even be compared.
>>
>>68043066
10/10
>>
>>68043066

I would kill for this as an extra,, just film it on a smartphone using party masks and shit
>>
>>68048426
The world's greatest detective couldn't piece together how could a man who was refusing Wayne Ent. checks could possibly afford such a high tech wheel chair?

He knows Lex knows about meta humans and he couldn't piece Lex manipulating everyone?
>>
>>68038064
It was edited by a woman, of course it doesn't make sense.
>>
I'm a retard, I just realized WB rushed this piece of shit (actually I'd rate it as above average) to get released a few weeks before Avengers Civil War.
>>
>>68048947
>It was edited by a woman

So was Fury Road, by Miller's wife even

>>68049441

That was hilarious.
>>
>>68040424
Thank you based lex
>>
>>68040572
Superman is not a crime fighter/vigilante.
>>
>>68050017
>Superman is not a crime fighter/vigilante

He does fight crime are you nuts, there's even a paper that says he stopped a robbery
>>
>>68040960
Wonder Woman ultra mega big head
>>
>>68038064

Sure, but Wonder Woman, man. To see the strength and beauty of women, finally! This movie, and Sucker Punch, makes Snyder one of the most relevant feminist film makers in Hollywood. Ironically, it takes a man to get feminism right lol.
>>
>>68043848
>He used his Xray vision obviously
>Even when they didn't make note of him using it
>and walking into two obvious traps
>and not noticing a bomb in the Senate
I get that. Even in the animated instances Superman at least squints to signify he's doing it. It's just a visual cue to the let the audience know what's going on. When a director forgets to have that small 2 second scene it feels like they left something out. At what point did he know? Did he realize it was Bruce at the incident with the car?
Did Bruce have a layer of lead in his masks to hide his identity before but just not care at the end?
>>
>>68051108

Was it ever set up that x-ray vision doesn't work on lead?
>>
>>68051139
He used it so infrequently I don't even think so, or that it would be public knowledge.

This is a Superman that never explored his powers when he was growing up. He didn't even know he could fly till he was already a man.
>>
>>68051139

That's how it works in real life, so sure.

>>68051108

>At what point did he know? Did he realize it was Bruce at the incident with the car?

Clark knew something was up with Bruce from the party when he hears him having a very cloak and dagger conversation with Alfred, also it is confirmed that a deleted scene has Clark go to Gotham to investigate the Batman. Plus, with ears that sensitive I'm sure the voice modulator doesn't mean jack to him
>>
Watching Guardians

Who are these characters? too many introduced! can't follow

His mother is dying...HERE SON HAVE DADROCK LMAO

a raccoon knows who jackson pollock is

TOO MANY CHARACTERS WHATS GOING ON

What exactly is the bad guys plan? I couldn't follow

Who is this giant purple guy floating in space??

One point they are in space jail? Then a space flea market in a giant head?? IT JUMPS AROUND TOO MUCH

DANCE OFF!??!! WTF

music is terrible

sometimes someone is talking and the scene cuts to another person?? NICE EDITING WHATS GOING ON!!!!

Was his dead mom a dream? A DREAM?!?! OR A GHOST WHAT THE HELL

who is that talking duck??? I DONT GET IT

They were kind of scum bags but then became heroes?!WHY NICE MOTIVATION

Repeats the same "aliens don't get human jokes" joke

DUDE A DANCING TREE LMAO

Nice quips

why would the cassette still work if he listened to it all those times over the years?? IT SHOULD BE WORN OUT!!!!!

Why is stan lee in space?? WAY TO DROP THE BALL AND NOT EXPLAIN THAT
>>
>>68051329
>Bruce from the party when he hears him having a very cloak and dagger conversation with Alfred
I don't know how he was able to tell the difference between a conversation on an ear piece and a room full of people chatting. I don't care about that.
But it was a conversation that in no way hinted or clued that Bruce was Batman. I'm sure he's heard many people say shady shit over the course of the 18 months and never assumed they were Batman.

>it is confirmed that a deleted scene has Clark go to Gotham to investigate the Batman
So they knew how to do an establishing scene but intentionally cut it out to find extra time for a Senator to fumble around with a jar of piss and for Lex to have a rambling and stuttering speech.

>Plus, with ears that sensitive I'm sure the voice modulator doesn't mean jack to him
Maybe. I just want an establishing scene. Same with all of Lex's ass pulls and why people wanted him to just state his plan because it doesn't seem to make sense, and even less sense when he hints at Darkseid.
>>
>>68040424
Are you retard? he wears fucking glasses and you expect nobody is able to recognize him?
>>
>>68051886
This is funny in the Jimmy Kimmel skit. But outside of a comedy scene it just doesn't fit.

We know it's a stupid disguise and if it wouldn't work he would know and do something different. The problem is that nobody else knows or can piece it together, including the government which was trying to find information about him and knows his connection with Lois Lane.
>>
It's really a bad movie. No one should even try to justify this shit.
>>
>>68051442
Underrated post.
Waiting for the "Marvel films are silly fun and thus shouldn't fall under the scrutiny that DC's 'realistic' films do" argument.
>>
>>68051886
to recognize him you need to know both superman and clark
some of the daily planet people should be able to recognize him, but it's fairly reasonable to say that the masses don't know who he is, or even care to know that there is someone other than the superman. discussion around him would drown out any real info and so on
>>
>>68053294
not involved with that but yeah there's obviously inconsistency. i doubt that bringing it up will lead anywhere though
>>
>>68051886
In the golden age comics it's stated that his glasses are made of kryptonian glass which boosts his natural hypnosis power.

>>68044811
>>68044848
In the justice league series wonder woman X bruce is shipped pretty hard.

>>68038064
The movie was stupid because lex and doomsday are not interesting villains, lex is great for super man only movies where he can't just punch the bald fuck in the face.
>>
>>68053392
>>68053294
That's not really scrutiny, that's just shitposting.
None of those points are really valid
>They are in jail, then go somewhere else
And they show scenes establishing this. It's not like they just randomly cut to Clark on some random mountain when he was last in the city then cut to him being back in the city.

>Some times someone is talking and it cuts to another person
Because they want to get reactions to what is being said. Because it's a movie where actions and statements have affects on characters and the story.

But I know this won't lead to anywhere because people that actually defend BvS can only whine about people pointing out massive inconsistencies in story telling and motivation by crying about "plot hole fags"
>>
>>68040257
>worse than either Avengers film
>implying it's worse than Avengers 2 the cash in

At least it was original
>>
>>68053788
bro last time clark was in the city he was talking to lois before he took off, showing him on the mountain isn't inconsistency, he's there to clear his head, and when we next see him we associate the last scene we saw him in and connect it to what he's doing now. it's not hard, and it's not inconsistency

and cutting between faces is just a way of doing things, it depends on what the scene is meant to relay to the viewer

and my comment on inconsistency was about the reception, not about guardians movie itself, maybe i should have been more clear
>>
>>68053989
>he's there to clear his head
and have delusions about his dad

>when we next see him we associate the last scene we saw him in and connect it to what he's doing now
And just so happens to be when Lois is falling from a building but not when Lois was kidnapped by a known terrorist.
Or his mother.

He is showing up when he's needed, but when he is needed is very inconsistent. It's like faith healing at this point. If Lois would have hit the ground and died, DCfans would be saying how it's part of Superman's plan and he will save her later.
>>
>>68054441
>i need the police now, but through chance and circumstance they can only play a part later

dude, that's not narrative or movie inconsistency, it's simply the character not being available at a certain time then being available right on time. that's not inconsistency

lol dude if she hit the ground she's be fucking dead, are you really just trying to b8 people?
>>
>>68054564
and about the dad thing,

so what
really, so what.

the movie could have cut at the end of the conversation, but they purposely give us another shot to show that clark is indeed alone out there. what's the problem with this.
>>
>>68038064
The plot makes sense if you watch this:

This guy gave a good analysis of BvS and why it is the best capekino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC3Ejf7vPEY
>>
>>68040546
There will be a director's cut and it will be 3 hours long and is rated R
>>
>>68038064
SOooo
Just finished watching BvS, am currently rewatching MoS....
Is this a meme? Do people really think this movie is bad? These movies are amazing, I literally haven't enjoyed capekino so much since the original Toby Spidermans
>>
>>68054788
Same here, I liked Man of Steel and expected that the critics were exaggerating and it was true.
>>
>>68038064

>the plot makes no sense TO YOU

FTFY

Maybe if you werent such a retard, youd understand a pretty straight forward plot?
>>
File: 1453035556141.jpg (43 KB, 500x554) Image search: [Google]
1453035556141.jpg
43 KB, 500x554
>jew as wonder woman
>>
>>68043066
This is funny as shit, but to people actually not understand the PTSD that gets triggered here for Bruce? Like, Hack literally plays the scene again in case people are that dense.
>>
>>68043298

I think Faith would be the theme, given the less-than-subtle use of religious imagery.
>>
>>68055093
Are you literally autistic?
>>
>>68038064
>let's use our special experimental bullets so that they can identify us easily later
>enter alien ship using the corpse of it's former commander
>security droids ignore you
>computer asks you in english if you'd like to take command
>Superman stops Batman chasing criminals
>don't even bother to stop the criminals Batman was chasing

Amazing movie.
>>
>>68055186
>Lex Luthor somehow figures out Superman's identity
>instead of exposing Superman, he uses this information to kidnap an old lady
>>
Casting moot as Lex Luthor was a weird move.
>>
>>68054788
i liked MoS fine when i saw it back then, the tragic part of it is how people misconstrue certain character moments into the exact opposite of what they are. also, the complaint of the flashbacks. at first i thought people were referring to an editing rule but it became apparent that they couldn't connect the dots, a theme with both these movies.
i saw bvs and liked the dreams and the twirling narrative arcs, especially how they intertwine. the dissolution of the line between metaphor and literal on screen got me good. i'm genuinely into it, and fear they will be scared off of incursions into trippy type of material in the future. my only 'complaint' being the cinematography and the modern fear of stillness. what would have really got me would have been if they started minimizing camera cuts in a parallel manner to how the narrative threads started moving together. from there i thought it went into and maintained a dreamy quality. the only 'editing' thing that threw me off was in the end at the funeral when they cut to batman's encounter with lex in prison then cut back to the funeral. i think they have a chance to do special things because of how fantastical it seems they're willing to go, the worry for them being the lines they have to walk between accessible and genuinely weird, easy to follow while involving different types of stories and method of telling them, familiar to the western mind while also pushing imagination

ayyy and to clarify i'm not telling anyone it's a masterpiece or anything but i honestly believe they have a chance at doing interesting things, have also sparked in me an interest to talk to snyder or whoever and jus throw some thoughts out there
>>
>>68038064
It makes perfect sense if you turn off your brain and ignore the painfully stupid plot.
>>
File: 1432375363679.png (90 KB, 200x218) Image search: [Google]
1432375363679.png
90 KB, 200x218
When Superman was in Africa at the start of the movie did he just ignore those mercs murdering everyone all around him because kissing Lois was more important?
>>
>>68055430
I liked MoS when I saw it in theaters. Saw it again recently, and I honestly don't know what I saw in it. It's a mess of a film, even before the 9/11 shit at the end.
>>
>>68055535
I'm still wondering what the point of that scene was other than giving Lois a reason to be in the film.
>>
>>68055554

It's garbage, but there are few cool scenes. Krypton was nice and Kryptonian tech was great.
>>
>>68048272
star wars was shit because it was copy paste screenplay of star wars ep 4
>>
>>68055579
I'm just wondering how they planned to frame Superman for a bunch of shot-up bodies

If they were shot with special neck-snapping bullets, then maybe I could see Supes getting framed
>>
>>68055622
>It's garbage
wrong opinion of a redditor spotted
>>
>>68055579
It's setting up the sloppy biases in Clark Kent's attempt to be superman. He' still figuring things out, he's still hopelessly biased by his personal life.

Superman isn't a really sympathetic character in the movie, and that's largely by design because anyone with taste finds Superman boring and morally questionable.
>>
>>68055554
i saw it back then and thought it was okay, again similarly my complaint being that it was too afraid to be still and dive and stay in certain moments
although, the biggest problem is that it doesn't just follow clark, i don't mind this but this presents a problem as it doesn't give the viewer much of a chance to connect with the guy.
however i haven't seen the whole thing since it came out so i can't be sure of how accurate i am
>>
Jesus.

Quite honestly movie theaters have been empty for weeks. It's a horrible season in a particularly bad part of the year, I mean The Boss is beating BvS and it's not even making a spectacular amount of money. I saw BvS last night. Arrived during the trailers and still found a good seat, wasn't empty at all, but still for a Friday night I thought I was fucked, it was shocking. No line to buy the ticket either.

That said, I'll post my problems with BvS since you all have these weeks I guess.

Pacing. Between the slow sweeping shots to dramatic music of a character walking somewhere or looking at a fucking nothing every 7 minutes also the fact that they dragged out what could have happened in the first half of the movie, the fucking fight. I know lots of assholes do this, tell you the movie could have been better if so and so but if the fight had happened in the first half and then you had and odd couple/buddy cops movie with Batman and Superman for the following half it would have been much better. It's how it works in comics, don't try to re-invent the wheel.

They took dialogue from different stories that sounds truly hokey out of context. And used flimsy writing to excuse the fact that the characters find themselves in an identical situation as those stories saying identical things, but without any of the lead up. Made for awful dialogue that came out of nowhere.

Gal Gadot was bad. She doesn't project power, toughness, grace, etc. She is to an immature actress to play a centuries old woman jaded with humanity. And on that note, I need to see less of Ben's face. Good Batman though Nolan's was better lit, Ben is not what I want to see, it's Batman, Ben takes me out of it, BATMAN.

Lex. Fuck me that was bad.

I don't know. I think BvS might have done better in its original release date, despite being against Cap3. It might have made less money than Cap3 but it still would have made more than this. It was still a bit disappointing.
>>
>>68044743
>>batman finds metahuman file actually marked "metahuman" with logos for all the "metahumans" fucking really

fucking laughed at this part and the quick aquaman scene where hes just under water and stabs at the camera with a trident. holy fuck why.
>>
File: wonder woman bvs.jpg (131 KB, 700x1200) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman bvs.jpg
131 KB, 700x1200
>>68054788
>These movies are amazing, I literally haven't enjoyed capekino so much since the original

You DC shills have no idea how to be subtle, do you?

Actually makes me glad you all got BTFO by Rotten Tomatoes when BvS opened. You deserved it for all your shit-posting.
>>
>>68054788
I agree with you.
>>
>>68056313
10 Mouse Moneys have been deposited to your Disney411.com account
>>
>>68043598
>>68043688
Solid criticism of the movie. These are the definitive weak points.

However, this piece of kino was still better than TFA
>>
>>68038064
I saw the movie yersterday and I really liked it. Fight was awesome, actors were alright. Don't really see the problem with the film.
>>
>>68038064
It makes sense but it's just poorly executed with thin layered motivations and explanations that any logical person would questions "well that's fucking stupid"
>>
>>68045471
Wondy was the only one that could restrain him long enough.
>>
>>68048947
Many great films are edited by women
>>
>>68051442
You're trying too hard buddy
>>
>>68053294
Marvel films are silly fun and thus shouldn't fall under the scrutiny that DC's 'realistic' films do
>>
>>68059393
Shit editing, too many storylines for one film, terrible casting choices (fishburn, adams, eisenberg), overscored at all the wonderwoman segments.
Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.