[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only character doing any good for the realm.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: The High Sparrow.png (2 MB, 1045x774) Image search: [Google]
The High Sparrow.png
2 MB, 1045x774
The only character doing any good for the realm.
>>
File: Holt.jpg (11 KB, 159x160) Image search: [Google]
Holt.jpg
11 KB, 159x160
>>68037547

True.

I like him.

Fuck Cersei.
>>
>>68037547
>religious zealotry
>good
even their gods are wrong
>>
The Church of the Seven is the only religion in the series where the gods aren't real.
>>
fucking why do people still watch this show
>>
>>68038315
>Old gods are just elfs

R'hllor is one true god.
>>
>>68038315
>what is the drowned god
>what are the old gods (forest elf children and wargs need not apply)
>what are the Dothraki gods
>what are whatever the fuck dorneniggers worship
>what are whatever the fuck free city niggers worship
>>
>>68038267
Theyre only zealots in the show because DnD are fedora tippers and they cant make cersei look bad
>>
>>68038415
Theyre even Zealots in the books.
>>
File: communismpepe.jpg (23 KB, 235x228) Image search: [Google]
communismpepe.jpg
23 KB, 235x228
>>68037547
Except for the religious thing, High Sparrow is a based marxist that wants to bring equality to the realm. How can anyone hate him?
>>
YEAH I PRESSED IT
>>
>>68038455
Not really. The homophobia is made up for the show (homosexuality is not even a sin in the books) nor do they smash up brothels and taverns
>>
>>68038476
>High Sparrow is a based marxist that wants to bring equality to the realm.
I thought you said "Except for the religious thing"?
>>
>>68038390
The Dorne worship the seven, though a few of them worship the river they originally came from (Rhoynar).
>>
>>68038390
>>68038385
>>68038315

There are no gods. There are various kinds of mutants and metahumans who can do things that to a medieval society appear to be magic, and some people attribute these abilities to divine intervention.

The Children of the Forest are biological weapons, as are Dragons. The Others are mutated humans.
>>
>>68038533
kek
https://youtu.be/N1tGCDeOi2o?t=1m21s
>>
>>68038602
meant to quote >>68038496
>>
>>68038584
Preston pls
>>
>>68038415
But Cersei did look bad. She brought the Sparrows into power so she could fuck with Margery and Loras, but since she was a stupid idiot it came back and bit her in the ass.

And they are zealots in any case because they are shitters who rely on antiquated religious "law" and starve people into submission. Fuck the Sparrows, even if Cersei rightfully deserve everything bad that happens to her, they are gonna drag the rest of that shithole of Kings Landing down with them with their shit.

>>68038315
>>68038385
>>68038390
Is R'hllor, the Many Faced God, and maybe the Old Gods, the only religious/supernatural forces that have even made any noticable effects on the world?
>>
>>68038533
They literally took over the selection of the new High septon by threatening with axes.
Homosexuality isnt even touched on in the books, so who knows if its illegal or not, but it probably is since its hinted at Renly and Loras are gay, but hide it.
>>
>>68038584
I kind of agree, most of the magic seems like bullshit. But the problem I have is, why does GRRM himself call it magic repeatedly, then?
>>
>>68038533
Yeah, the Sparrows are portrayed a lot more sympathetically in the books. They're part of a grassroots movement spawned from the disenfranchised poor of the Seven Kingdoms who got fucked over by all the wars. They do some fucked up things but certainly aren't monsters.
>>
>>68038806
The Sparrows in the show are viewed as no more evil than Cersei. High Sparrow is even viewed as a wise man, sympathetic for the poor.
Other than ruining a few trinkets of other gods, they dont really do anything unwarranted in the show
>>
File: 1427595151375.jpg (65 KB, 500x624) Image search: [Google]
1427595151375.jpg
65 KB, 500x624
>>68037547
Cersei Lannister: What. The hell. Is going on?
High Sparrow: Our plan is proceeding as expected.
Cersei Lannister: Oh really? Do I look like I'm running King's Landing right now? Your hit, on the Tyrells, it didn't work, my friend! And now you have my knights going around the city at 24 hours a day! How exactly is that supposed to help me securing my son's throne?
High Sparrow: [to Kevan] Leave us!
Cersei Lannister: No! You stay here, I'm in charge!
High Sparrow: [puts his hand on Cersei's shoulder] Do you feel in charge?
[Kevan leaves]
Cersei Lannister: I paid you a small fortune.
High Sparrow: And this gives you power over me?
Cersei Lannister: What is this?
High Sparrow: Your money and rearmament have been important... 'til now!
Cersei Lannister: What are you?
High Sparrow: I'm King's Landing's reckoning. Here to end the borrowed time you've all been living on!
Cersei Lannister: You..pure evil!
High Sparrow: I'm necessary evil!
>>
>>68038267
At least they aren't burning peeps at the stake like some religions. They are just calling people out and holding then accountable for their actions.

Old Gods > The Seven > Fire God >> Many Faced God >>>>>> Drowned God.
>>
>>68038673
>Is R'hllor, the Many Faced God, and maybe the Old Gods, the only religious/supernatural forces that have even made any noticable effects on the world?

R'hllor definatly does, while the Old Gods are really just a combination of Children of the Forest, Bloodraven, and skinchangers.
The Many Faced God has only been shown to put on different faces, as Jaquen does to become the Alchemist, but since Melisandre has done the same thing with Mance, it's hard to say what god, if any, is at work there.

The only other supernatural forces would be the Others, (though this could merely be a form a skinchanging I think), Dragons, Shadow-binding (Quaithe) and the Warlocks (who's "powers" are kind of vague)
>>
>>68039044
[after imploding the tourney ground with wildfire during the tournament, High Sparrow and his men appear]
High Sparrow: King's Landing, take control! Take control of your city. This... this is the instrument of your liberation!
[the Sparrows bring Hallyne forward and make him kneel in front of High Sparrow]
High Sparrow: Identify yourself to the realm.
Hallyne: W-Wisdom Hallyne, alchemist.
High Sparrow: And what... what is this cache?
Hallyne: It's a... fully primed wildfire. Once it takes fire, the substance will burn fiercely until it is no more. More, it will seep into cloth, wood, leather, even steel, so they take fire as well.
High Sparrow: And who is capable of removing such a substance?
Hallyne: Only alchemists.
High Sparrow: Only you. Thank you, wisdom.
[snaps Hallyne's neck. The crowd screams in terror]
High Sparrow: Now, this substance is planted everywhere! This substance is volatile! And the identity of the torchman is a mystery. For one of you holds the torch! And we came here not as conquerors, but as liberators to return control of this city to the people. And at the first sign of interference from the outside world, or for those people attempting to flee, this anonymous smallfolk - this unsung hero - will set the fire. For now, martial law is in effect. Return to your homes, hold your families close, and wait. Tomorrow you claim what is rightfully yours.
>>
>>68039044
>>68039718
High Sparrow: Behind you stands a symbol of oppression. Red Keep, where a thousand men have languished under the name of this boy, Joffrey Baratheon!
[holds up a picture of Joffrey]
High Sparrow: You have been supplied with a false king to stop you from tearing down this CORRUPT CITY! Let me tell you the truth about King Joffrey from the words of former King's hand, Eddard Stark.
[holds up Ned's letter to Stannis and begins to read]
High Sparrow: "Joffrey is not the true heir. He is a bastard born of incest between Cersei Lannister and her brother, Jaime. I praised the mad boy who tried to murder my own child but I can no longer live with my lie. It is time to trust the people of Seven Kingdoms with the truth and it is time for me to resign.
[calls to prisoners]
High Sparrow: And do you accept this man's resignation? Do you accept the resignation of all these liars? Of all the CORRUPT?
High Sparrow: We take King's Landing from the corrupt! The "nobles"! The oppressors of generations who have kept you down with myths of opportunity, and we give it back to you... the people. King's Landing is yours. None shall interfere. Do as you please. Start by storming Red Keep, and freeing the oppressed! Step forward those who would serve. For and army will be raised. The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests, and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. The goldcloaks will survive, as they learn to serve true justice. This great city... it will endure. King's Landing will survive!
>>
>>68037547
this guy imprisons loras and Margarey because some guy knew where a birthmark was

wow such compelling evidence
>>
>>68039044
>>68039718
>>68039758
[Kevan is dragged to his kangaroo court trial]
Kevan Lannister: There's been a mistake! Take... take me to High Sparrow! I wanna see his highness!
[He is brought before the makeshift court and forced to sit in a chair]
Kevan Lannister: Where is the High Septon?
Qyburn: There's been no mistake, Ser Kevan.
[Kevan looks up at Qyburn]
Qyburn: You are Kevan Lannister, brother of Tywin Lannister? Who for years has been living off the blood and sweat of people less powerful than him?
Kevan Lannister: Call High Sparrow. I'm... I'm one of you.
[High Sparrow is watching from the background]
Qyburn: His holiness has no authority here. This is merely a sentencing hearing. Now, the choice is yours. Trial by combat or death!
[the crowd starts chanting "DEATH!"]
Qyburn: [smashes his gavel] Quiet!
Kevan Lannister: T... trial by combat.
Qyburn: Sold!
[smashes gavel]
Qyburn: To the man in the cold sweat!
[Kevan is dragged away and taken to the outer ward, where sellswords force him at bowpoint onto Ser Robert Strong]
Huge Inmate: Follow the big guy. Try to run - you're dead in minutes.
Kevan Lannister: Has anyone made it?
[the inmate turns away. Kevan rushes but Robert Strong beheads Kevan with a single stroke]
>>
>>68039865
Its also no secret he's gay, Loras said everyone knew.

He still has a trial, probably by combat. Which he could win
>>
>>68038358
Maybe the same reason why people take their own time to exclaim 'i don't care' to a fan base, nice waste of time
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.