[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>force awakens comes out >people lose their shit over star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 443.jpg (470 KB, 1920x807) Image search: [Google]
443.jpg
470 KB, 1920x807
>force awakens comes out
>people lose their shit over star killer base for being basically another death star
>call out disney and abrams for lack of originality
>rogue one trailer drops
>it's literally just straight up a carbon copy of the death star
>not a peep from /tv/

this board is dead, spaceshit killed it
>>
Thank Lucas. That's what happens when you introduce the final weapon in a film that's never supposed to have sequels. Everything that comes after that is gonna feel like a dowgrade.
>>
>it's literally just straight up a carbon copy of the death star
That's because it is the death star you fucking tard
>>
>>68035543
This wasn't funny the first time it was posted, and it's still not funny after the 10th.
>>
It's not a copy of the Death Star. It is the Death Star.
>>
>>68035543
D E N S E
E
N
S
E
>>
I will ask one thing, does this mean no episode 8 this year?
>>
>>68036270
2015: Episode 7
2016: Rogue One
2017: Episode 8
2018: Untitled Han Solo movie
2019: Episode 9
2020: Untitled secret movie
>>
File: 1440192360078.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1440192360078.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>68037621
>secret movie
the fuck does that mean?
>>
>>68037913
most likely a Boba Fett/Bounty hunter movie
>>
File: 1355082027102.png (16 KB, 250x391) Image search: [Google]
1355082027102.png
16 KB, 250x391
They lack any fucking creativity. Can't we go 1 movie without having the fucking Death Star crammed in there?

Star Wars needs George Lucas back.
>>
>>68037990
>George Lucas
>original
>>
>>68035543
Just imagine how many channels they can pick up with that thing.
>>
>>68037621
jesus
>>
>>68037913
Josh Trank was supposed to direct a Boba Fett movie for release in 2020 but Disney fired him after the fant4stic debacle so the project is in limbo

My guess is that it gets pushed back and the all but certain obi wan movie(s) is next in line after episode ix
>>
i never saw the newest one, but i know it gets blown up in two of them already, did it get blown up in that new one?

wouldn't the empire change tactics and stop building these stupid fucking things if they always just get blown up?
>>
>>68037621
How many movies will Disney milk out of the OT films before they start creating original material?
>>
>>68038185
It does get blown up, at least it actually des a good job in that it fucks up the New Republic entirely

Part of the joke is that the First Order is a bunch of empire wannabes building a superweapon because thats what their parents did
>>
>>68035543
Because this death star is the same death star from episode 4 u idiot! Its not like a whole new story as force awakens was when force awakens was given the opportunity to be incredibly different but instead became to be a rip off of episode 4
>>
>>68038185
the new movie was literally "Star Wars: A New Hope 2.0"

too tired to type it out, just watch this for like ten seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs3sVrm_W4o&t=2m21s

>>68038240
>Part of the joke is that the First Order is a bunch of empire wannabes building a superweapon because thats what their parents did
still100% bullshit because the sheilds were turned off by a single unguarded computer for the entire fucking planet
>>
>>68038206
its simply not possible for major studios to create new material, thats how fucked up they are

they are already starting to make remakes of remakes
>>
>>68035599
ESB is no way a downgrade but the ultimate upgrade! One of the only movies of sequels that fits 100% perfect.

Return was a mess for Han who hardly had any character development at all and I can understand why Ford wanted Han to die at end of episode 5.
>>
>>68038278
>still100% bullshit because the sheilds were turned off by a single unguarded computer for the entire fucking planet

Yeah and obi wan turned off the tractor beam by pushing some buttons in a hallway, who cares
>>
>>68038329
Just more proof that the movie script was unoriginal as fuck
>>
>>68035599
A New Hope is nowhere near a perfect one off film not needing a sequel.
After all the main villain is still alive.

Can you imagine what the star wars universe would be like if Lucas killed off Vader at end of ANH, making Luke shoot Vader's ship as it blew up?
>>
>>68038388
Only if youre an idiot who can only engage with a movie on the most superficial levels

I bet you think TPM was original
>>
>>68038452
>>68038452
>would be like if Lucas killed off Vader at end of ANH, making Luke shoot Vader's ship as it blew up?

Kinda like how they had the villain take off his helmet and reveal his face in the first movie too

Or if they had the main character become incredibly strong in the force with no training, more than Luke was after three movies

>>68038485
Can you straw man less? The script was unoriginal as fuck

I mean holy shit THEY EVEN WENT TO A FUCKING BAR

they even pulled the "this droid has important information and needs to get to the rebels"

unoriginal as shit
>>
>>68038547
>complains TFA is a copy paste
>complains Rey and Kylo dont have the same arc as Luke and Vader

Proving my point youre an idiot who sees an x wing and shouts REHASH!!!! Because you cant think
>>
>>68038627
I'm not complaining they aren't the same, I'm saying they are doing the exact same thing but doing it quicker and cashing in. I wish they never revealed the villain's face, that would be refreshing

Her and Kylo have almost the same arc as Luke and Vadar (seriously he even tries to bring her to the dark side and join him) but condensed from three movies to one

I'm not saying it shouldn't be condensed I'm saying they should have made a new original script, not used the original AND rushed it all in one movie
>>
>>68038758
Fuck off nigger, Kylo Ren is original as hell, the best part of the movie and seeing his face is hugely important to the character,im sorry you were too dumb to realize that
>>
>>68038829
>Fuck off nigger, Kylo Ren is original as hell, the best part of the movie and seeing his face is hugely important to the character,im sorry you were too dumb to realize that

Star Wars fans confirmed Cape Shit tier

I'm out
>>
File: images (59).jpg (17 KB, 487x302) Image search: [Google]
images (59).jpg
17 KB, 487x302
>>68038829
THIS. Kylo was one of the best parts of TFA. The other were Finn and Poe. 3 100% original characters.

What other sithlord villain keeps his helmet in a tub of ash of people he has killed? Freakin sadistic af!

What other villain murders his own father in cold blood too!?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.