[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was his motive? What does he want to finish? What did Darth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 310x310
What was his motive? What does he want to finish? What did Darth Vader start? How does he have a podium filled with the ashes of his enemies? How did he get the mask? How did he gain a prestigious rank like Master of the Knights of Ren if he's such a baby and hasn't even completed his training? How is he able to kill dozens if not hundreds of jedi students and not Rey and Finn? Why is he so torn over whether or not he should kill his father when he has the kill count of hundreds of people plus ordering the massacre of a whole village? Hope these are addressed in Episode VIII, Rian save us all.
>>
>>68032041
>What was his motive?
Do whatever snokes ask him to do in order to be vader 2.o
>What does he want to finish? What did Darth Vader start?
search for power?
kill all the jedi?
dunno.
>How does he have a podium filled with the ashes of his enemies?
i thought it was vader`s ashes.
>How did he get the mask?
he went to endor and got it.
>How did he gain a prestigious rank like Master of the Knights of Ren if he's such a baby and hasn't even completed his training?
probably the skywalker surname.
>How is he able to kill dozens if not hundreds of jedi students and not Rey and Finn?
1st theory:he didn`t killed the new jedi.
2nd theory:kylo ren could have killed the new jedi but posessed by snoke.
3rd theory:it is easy to note that with the mask on kylo is as strong as he thinks he is but without he is just a whiny emo teenager so insecure that he couldn`t beat a stormtrooper and a mary sue.Btw kylo was wounded but i think that the chewe shot was metaphorical for what killing his father made to him.

>Why is he so torn over whether or not he should kill his father when he has the kill count of hundreds of people plus ordering the massacre of a whole village?
don`t want to get edgy here but countless people die every day.Do you care about them cause i`m not not proud of that.

kylo is a nice character with plenty of room to grow i want to see what is going to happen.

sorry for my homeless english.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 450x300
>>68032041

HERE COMES THE AIRPLAAAANE
>>
>>68032041
Knights of Ren are robots that Vader made to cope with the fact that he's not having children, at least that's what the comic book heavily implies when you put things together. Knights of Ren literally means Knights of Padme, these are Indian synonyms for 'Lotus'.

So, him being their matter probably isn't an amazing feat or whatever.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 468x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 468x366
>>68032860
The entire movie is shot like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy for people with ADHD.

So was Vader entombed in a Jedi temple on Endor? Was he originally vilified and then gradually worshipped?
>>
Hux tells him "don't let your personal motivation get in the way" implying he has his own personal motives outside of what Snoke wants, but we don't know what that is yet.
>>
>>68032041
90% of this shit is clearly intentionally left mysterious to reveal in the sequels you fucking mongoloid.
If they revealed everything about him in the first movie there'd be nothing interesting to reveal in the other two
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 1024x685) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 1024x685
>>68033302
Arguably, people don't like ESB because they were surprised the first time they saw it, they love it because ESB puts the viewer in a state of omnipotence with respect to Luke's destiny, each time they watch it.

Because we have foreknowledge of the film, we know things that Luke doesn't... creating Suspense, not Mystery. That creates rewatch value. Luke doesn't know who Yoda is the first time he meets him, but we do, and so on...That's a character worth revisiting.

A movie that is based entirely on Mystery only works once, for the theme or plot.
>>
File: 1418228156215_zpsz4opt0wk.jpg (19 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1418228156215_zpsz4opt0wk.jpg
19 KB, 306x306
I get the feeling Kylo will pull a Snape twist.
>>
>>68033824
that`s the answer for the question:why did kylo`s face and heritage wasn`t revealed in the bridge scene.
>>
>>68032041
You just know he listens to Death Grips
>>
>>68033092
Snoke was willing to destroy the droid and the map. Kylo wanted the map without destroying it.

So Kylo, for whatever reason, wants to know where Luke is too and doesn't want that map to be lost forever.
>>
>>68034099
MC ride-ish outfit for kylo would be 1O/1O.
>>
>>68033886
I'm afraid of that shit too.
>>
>>68034154
He wanted to kill luke.

To prove himself or something edgyer.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 236x347) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 236x347
If Rey's destiny is part of a Tragedy, then the foreknowledge we've been granted in the first movie is fairly slight... She's waiting for her family...

Could her family have been on Hosnian Prime?
>>
>>68034501
She's a clone made from Luke Skywalker's severed hand, and therefore doesn't really have a "family" per se
>>
>>68034501

Rey's grandfather was Sheev Palpatine.
>>
>>68034549
Plz no.
>>
>>68034501
she was an orphan raised by luke and leia but they abandoned her for some poorly conceived reason

makes no fucking sense, written and directed by JJ abrams
>>
>>68034501
i think that with all the abilty she already has.she will get cocky and this will be her one way ticket to the dark side.
>>
>>68032041
>What does he want to finish? What did Darth Vader start?
What the fuck is the point of a trilogy if everything happens in the first movie, faggot? Do you want another Battle of Five Armies, except for the 2nd and 3rd movie, rather than just the third?
>>
>>68034648
Why? It'll explain why she's really good at things.
>>
>>68033824
*omniscience
>>
>>68033886
Dunno why you're grimacing. A rey-ren alignment swap is the only way her mary suedom isn't completely retarded.
>>
>>68034845
So the second X chromosome accelerated her ability to learn the force by a factor of like a thousand?
>>
>>68034845
She's Luke's own biological daughter.

He left her on not!Tatooine so that anonymity would protect her from assassins and so that she'd grow up with the same hardships that helped mold him into the man he became.
>>
>>68035051

Midichlorians, by cloning Luke you also clone the midichlorians in him
>>
>>68035096
So they cloned a thousand lukes and funneled all their midichlorians into her? That makes sense I guess.
>>
>>68035096
That can't be correct if they're separate organisms and not an inherent part of human physiology.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 638x359) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 638x359
I guess the Mystery Box concept isn't a great description of Abrams's technique, it's more complicated than that... It's really a kind of dramatic intertextuality, with the use of limited omniscience...
>>
>>68032041
>What was his motive?
Exactly the same as your motives for shitposting.
>>
>>68034586

This is my favorite theory.

Rey parents were killed during the the Rebel/Empire War. Her Grandfather was the Emperor, Sheev Palpatine. After the war, Luke learn about this force-sensitive girl, granddaughter of Palpatine, fearing her power if let by herself, he decide to start training her with the other new Jedi to keep an eye on her and show her the light side. Then the Knights of Ren attack happen and Luke and Rey are the only survivors. He send her to Jakku. He also send Lor San Tekka there to watch over her from afar (like obi-wan did to Luke) Then Luke go in hidding/looking for the first Jedi Temple.
>>
>>68035146
>>68035164

I was not serious, fuck the Midichlorians
>>
>>68032041
DAMNIT JJ you had one job to properly make a star wars film and left so many plotholes!
>>
>>68035492
No your theory is one of the few things that can explain her.
>>
>>68033886
I so hope Kylo does not get redeened. But if he does then Rey better turn to the darkside similar to Bastilla from KOTOR
>>
>>68035546
If they're going back to the force being something more ethereal, as was implied by the Afro-Chinese midget whose name I'm forgetting, it can double down on someone all it likes. I think Snoke also said something to the effect to Kylo.
>>
>>68035554
That would be a good result and I'm honestly getting grey vibes from her already.
>>
>>68035652
Then why does the force give you video game powerups when your rage meter fills now?
>>
>>68035692
Well Kylo and Rey do look like their counterparts Revan and Bastilla.
>>
>>68035757
What are you literally talking about?
>>
If Rey is a Skywalker how come Snoke never went after her? Even if Kylo had hidden her/wiped her memories I'm sure Snoke would've known at least he was been lied to by his own apprentice.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 183x275
>>68032041
>"How do we blow it up?"
Why would Han ask this? First of all, his son is on the base but only Leia seems to care.

Second, he should know more than anyone about blowing up the shields, because it was his job to take them out in 'Jedi'...

And why would the Order trust Kylo to begin with when he's destroying their equipment left and right?
>>
>>68035906
I hope Hux betrays Kylo, He seemed really pissed off at Kylo in the end.
>>
>>68035818
The fact that the force is not back to a spiritual and mental ethereal thing based on eastern religion like it was in the originals. It's just a dues ex thing without the previous overtones.
>>
Wouldn't we be better off not knowing who Rey's parents are? Being just a random 'new' force sensitive is a lot more appealing then being a Skywalker/Solo/Sheev or anything else
>>
>>68032041
What does he want, what did Vader start?
To kill the emperor of course. He's on a hunt for Sheeve.
>>
>>68035971
>I can show you the ways of the force
>"The force..."
>Insert dramatic music
>Commence deus ex machina twist
>>
>>68035979

If she was not already really strong with the force, that would've been ok.
>>
>>68035979
Well she's out-forcing the lineage of literal force jesus so while they could do that it would align with the established depiction of the galaxy's force users pretty poorly.
>>
>>68036030
>guided meditation and training
>spiritual lectures
>energy connecting all life

vs

>spontanious mind reading force trick
>spontanious mind control force trick
>spontanious super saiyan force mode
>>
>>68035971
Again, what specifically are you talking about? Not eastern religion type stuff? She literally does a meditative re-centering thing to help her resummong whatever mojo she was feeling in previous scenes. What scenes were making you think it's not ethereal?
>>
>>68035979
I prefer she was a Kenobi or Palpatine instead. There's enough Skywalkers already.
>>
>>68035959
>implying they won't fuck
inb4 tumblrina landwhale
>>
>>68036197
>>>/y/
>>
>>68036177
It's lacking any of the types of scenes that established the force as ethereal in the first place. It's just flashy force powers being thrown around.

>she closed her eyes for 2 seconds and got angry which is pretty much the same thing as meditation
Not really
>>
Kylo will turn good and Rey will turn evil. Finn will save Rey by giving her the big black D. They will save the universe from the big bads together. Kylo will die in the final battle because he's a white male. There just spoiled episode 9 for you.
>>
>>68036240
You keep asserting the same thing over and over without substantiation. The force powers shown seemed to be force piloting (something Anakin showed at half her age, for less reason), mind powers (which she grasps early, but only after being shown the hard way by Kylo using it on her) and the force push, which was used by Kylo. None of them are any more flashy or any less ethereal than any other Star Wars movie.
>>
>>68036430
>She is able to copy kylo's force powers after being hit by them
She's a fucking smeargle?

The point isn't that they're flashier powers. The point is that they're just being used as flashy cool shit without the lorebuilding. The reproduced tons of shit from the originals but none of the spirituality.

>You keep asserting the same thing over and over without substantiation.
You want me to prove a negative? You come up with spiritual scenes from the movie. Entire ones equivalent to the guided meditation and the connection between all life scenes, not just centering yourself before getting angry. I guess orange yoda might have said something force related but I don't remember anything she said besides 'whoever you're looking for isn't coming back'.
>>
>>68033886
Nah, no way he's actually some kind of sleeper agent. That theory was always dumb, along the lines of those who theorized that Han turned on the saber and killed himself.

He'll probably be redeemed, though. It wouldn't feel very Star Wars if he didn't.
>>
>>68035959
It'll probably be the other way around. I don't think Kylo and Snoke and the First Order are really on the same page, even if people like Hux don't realize it yet.

I keep assuming the Force plot will separate from the First Order plot, with Rey dealing with the former and Finn the latter.
>>
>>68034549
thats not how cloning works anon
>>
>>68036798
>thats not how cloning works anon
Yes it is
>>
I mostly would like to know how he gets all his hair into the helmet
>>
>>68036851
a clone of luke would be luke
gender is genetic
a clone has the same genetics as the original organism
luke clone wouldnt be a girl
>>
So what are the chances of Rey actually leeching on to Kylo's force to use it as her own? It could explain how she pulled the mind trick.
>>
>>68036915
>implying genetic engineers didn't realize the y chromosome brings nothing but toxic aggression and violence and just duplicate his x to replace it
>>
>>68036955
As long as we're comparing every character to someone from EU I guess there was a guy in KOTOR 2 who did something like that. But I really doubt she's some brand new form of force leech lifeform. Ackham's razor says they just needed a way to make her win.
>>
My neckbeard theory

Luke one day decides that Snoke has to go. But Snoke is super mysterious and hard to find. Then Kylo shows up. He and Luke determine that in order to draw out Snoke, he has to turn to the darkside.

Killing Luke's jedi order and killing Han was something he had to do to keep his cover and fulfill his greater mission. But he's also realizing that he kind of enjoys being an evil dick

Luke realizes he fucked up and goes to Ireland to watch the ocean
>>
>>68036668
I don't know what a smeargle is but we're getting off track.

The force was something ethereal in the OT because Yoda said so. He literally just explained that it's this force that's all around us, bla bla bla. That's it. Then the force became about micro-organisms because Sheev said so in the prequels. And the force is back to being ethereal now because Maz (remembered her name) said so. If you want show-don't-tell, then Star Wars is not for you.

Rey will get her equivalent training that you so desire by Luke in episode VIII, for now it's just been the school of hard knocks, which is more justification for some force discovery in previous Star Wars movies. Also I don't see why you keep calling her "angry" in the final battle. She literally calmed down. It's the opposite.
>>
>>68032041
They set it up pretty subtly, but basically, you saw how the First Order used a device to pull all the energy out of a star, and use it as a weapon, I'm sure. That thing was called 'starkiller', since it literally kills stars. Or, in other words, it's humanity making war on stars. Or, 'Star Wars'. All the previous movies were building up to this conflict. With the 'light' (like star light, since they're on the star team) trying to make sure it didn't happen by encouraging or juts mind controlling people into peace. And the dark pushes the war to happen, by organizing people into an empire and advancing technology and making them fight each other.

This is more speculative, but I think the big twist once this is all laid out is going to be that the stars themselves are some higher order of living things, and their conciousness is what creates the force. So the light side is actually being controlled by the stars to pacify people, and the dark side is fighting against their control, and pushing people to create the kind of technology they need to fight them off.
>>
>>68035906
Because Kylo has a lightsaber and could kill them if they go against him
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 400x400
>>68037210
>This is more speculative, but I think the big twist once this is all laid out is going to be that the stars themselves are some higher order of living things, and their conciousness is what creates the force. So the light side is actually being controlled by the stars to pacify people, and the dark side is fighting against their control, and pushing people to create the kind of technology they need to fight them off.
>>
>>68037115
>Also I don't see why you keep calling her "angry" in the final battle. She literally calmed down. It's the opposite.
She calmed down from being scared then opened her eyes and started glaring at him and being angry. I think the scene is on youtube now if you want to watch it.

Obiwan explained how ethereal the force is in the first movie and started training luke before luke even went off to do anything. Don't pretend it only happened with yoda, that was built up from previous stuff.

>If you want show-don't-tell, then Star Wars is not for you.
The told but they also showed. TFA does neither.

>school of hard knocks, which is more justification for some force discovery in previous Star Wars movies
The school of hard knocks gave you the ability to use the force to guide your actions. Not to mind control people and activate force strength dueling mode. Luke could barely move his lightsaber until yoda started with the in depth spirituality and training.
>>
>>68037317
Gibberish.
>>
>>68037210

I unironically like this

Disney would never do it though. This trilogy is just going to build up to Snoke being someone you wouldnt expect, and then Rey winning a lightsaber fight against him. The End
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.