[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would YOU fix it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (652 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
652 KB, 1600x1200
How would YOU fix it?
>>
>>68030176
Have George Miller direct
>>
>>68030176
there's nothing that needs fixing tbchwyf
>>
>>68030176
Sony reboot with 150 million dollars worth of product placement directed by Kevin Smith.
>>
>>68030176

Make it a mini series
>>
watching random scenes of the movie on youtube is so great
but when you watch the actual movie it is absolute shit
how does the hack do it
>>
>>68030286
kek
>>
Recast Laurie and Veidt. Release the Ultimate Cut in theaters. Tell Snyder to cool it on the slow mo. That's about it.
>>
>>68030290
This
>>
>>68030295
Because he's a music video director who cares only for stylization instead of plot or character development.
It's why the trailers and credit sequences are often the highlights of his movies.
>>
Remove the 3 minute slo-mo sex scene to that awful rendition of Hallelujah
>>
Ozymandias should be played straight, not slightly sinister from the get go, and probably get another actor to be honest. Cut out the slow mo, maybe include more from the Ultimate Cut, but that could slow things down a bit too much.
>>
>>68030295
I enjoyed it but I don't mind the "interesting clips of time in no particular order" style.

I'm not sure if it fully conveyed what it wanted to either. The message comes off as stoner ramblings and edginess.
>>
>>68030176
Get rid of the unironic fedora tipper
>>
Leave it in the Comic books where it belongs... trash newayz
>>
>>68030176
Resurrect Kubrick to direct it, he's the only one who could do it justice by completely disregarding the source material and merely use it as inspiration. Also all his films are better than the source material
>>
>>68030176
2 part film, remove some slow mo shots. Have aspects of the background impact the main film (folks talking about missing scientists ect..). This may create a layered effect when characters realize the things happening around them are connected to comedians death.
>>
File: hi.jpg (644 KB, 2112x1584) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
644 KB, 2112x1584
>>68030485
>>
Let me direct it
>>
>split up all of the scenes into 15 second intervals and arrange them randomly
>slo mo the whole movie
>make the entire score operatic
>make every character "grittier"
>replace anything resembling comedic relief with a broody rorschach monologue as he walks around at night
>>
>>68030399
>Leonard Cohen
>Awful rendition
nigga wat
>>
>HBO miniseries
>Not directed by Snyder
>have the movie get a documentary & almost voyueristic feel instead of looking all bright,shiny,and aped up
>no superpowers sans dr Manhattan
>recast Laurie and veidt, actors were garbage
>seamlessly integrate nite owls excerpts into the story in a unique way while not being distracting
>leave rorscachs murder of child rapist the way it was in comic
>have the threat not be dr Manhattan. It could be aliens,doesn't necessarily need to be a space squid,but not dr m
>>
Get literally anyone other than Malin Akerman as Silk Spectre.
>>
>>68030485
You should read the script for Gilliam's version. Has nothing to do with the comic.
>>
>>68030176
what the fuck was wrong with it?

You stupid nerds hate everything
>>
>>68030596
Name a director other than Kubrick who could direct watchmen and have it be watchable. Also lol if u think any of the books he adapted were better than his movies
>>
>>68030839
>Also lol if u think any of the books he adapted were better than his movies
He didn't even do the best adaptation of Lolita, let alone one better than the book.
>>
>>68030839
Werner Herzog
>>
>>68030894
Nabokov is a hack and has some weird hatred for Dostoevsky
>>
>>68030839
70s Coppola in his prime could do it
>>
Get Nolan to direct it
>>
>>68030839
The 2001 novel affected me more than the movie did.

I remember losing my mind reading the last third of it. So good.
>>
>>68030839
ACW is a better book than movie
>>
>>68030277
to be ? honest with you friend?
>>
re-do the entire 2nd act so it doesn't feel like a bleeding/hemorrhaging mess until the veidt reveal

replace malin akerman

get a better fight choreographer

less slow mo

redo the whole mars sequence so it isn't so fucking cringeworthy (should be aided by the automatic upgrade of whoever replaces akerman), and change manhattans dialogue a little so he doesn't sound like such a retard

rebuild and reshoot the war room scenes so the strangelove reference isn't so obvious and on the nose

dial back the extent to which the comic was used as a storyboard, some is fine but there needed to be a bit more imagination in the shot selection

i can live with matthew goode as veidt although he's not good, just passable. i actually prefer the ending for reasons id rather not write another few paragraphs explaining.
>>
>>68030176
Cut out all of the "badass" slow-mo shit, cut out that ridiculous sex scene, have Ozymandias be less obviously evil.
>>
Guys what's more "unfilmable this or blood meridian
>>
>>68032412
Blood Meridiain, considering that this was actually filmed
>>
>>68032518
Well blood meridian is getting adapted soon. Actually not sure what makes blood meridian unfilmable other than the graphic violence.
>>
I'd go a bit back with flashbacks to where the Crimebusters got started and why they disbanded, then move on to Doctor Manhattan's creationg and everyone else showing up.

But the focus of the movie would be this second group (who of course Snyder named "the watchmen" because he's a moron) and the things they got done back in the day. The climax of the movie would be the riots after the police strike. The movie would end with masked heroes being outlawed.

Yeah, I'd leave the mid-80s main story out of it, though there'd be foreshadowing to it. Movie would be about these crimefighters trying to make sense out of their efforts and capabilities in the wake of Doctor Manhattan. We'd see Laurie and Manhattan patrolling and making out on rooftops, Dan and Rorschach fighting crime and bro'ing it up until that kidnapping case Rorschach did alone, we'd see The Comedian kicking Veidt's ass. Then the police strike and what not. I imagine the last scene as something like the ending of Full Metal Jacket: Rorschach murders that rapist and drops the body outside the police precint, then he walks into an alley while he gives his "never compromise, not even in the face of armageddon" speech.

That would be my Watchmen movie.
>>
>>68032742
Interesting tvh, a movie about the Minutemen would be rly interesting desu. A lot of good ideas there with like hooded justice and seeing the group fall apart with an idealistic nite owl at the center of it
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.