[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
“The beautiful is hidden from the eyes of those who are not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
“The beautiful is hidden from the eyes of those who are not searching for the truth, for whom it is contra-indicated. But the profound lack of spirituality of those people who see art and condemn it, the fact that they are neither willing nor ready to consider the meaning and aim of their existence in any higher sense, is often masked by the vulgarly simplistic cry, 'I don't like it!', 'It's boring!' It is not a point that one can argue; but it like the utterance of a man born blind who is being told about a rainbow. He simply remains deaf to the pain undergone by the artist in order to share with others the truth he has reached.”
>>
>>68022772
Is that one of the chuckle brothers?
>>
File: watermellun.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
watermellun.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
"Comrade, I fucking loved Star Wars and Terminator!"
>>
Bullshit Soviet spirituality that was just a reactionary response to godlessness. See also: Bulat Okudzhava.
>>
File: tarkovski.jpg (176 KB, 944x617) Image search: [Google]
tarkovski.jpg
176 KB, 944x617
>>
>>68022772
What a typical soviet hack praising something because it was painstaking.
>>
"Now I'm the Stalker"

Fucking what?
>>
>objectively great
Solaris

>2deep4u great
Stalker

>All this Christian guilt
Andrei Rublev

>legitimately fell asleep
Ivan's Childhood

Tarkovsky isn't for everyone, and that's really ok.
>>
>>68023933
>not searching for truth
top kek
>>
>>68022772
One of the most untalented, unintelligent directors ever. Stalker and the mirror were both pure trash
>>
>>68023985
Agreed. A film doesn't need to have universal appeal
>>
>>68023989
>implying Tark isnt a huge hypocrite that has rejected other director's works for being 'vulgar'
>>
>>68024009
says the dumbass
>>
File: literally tv.jpg (377 KB, 638x1252) Image search: [Google]
literally tv.jpg
377 KB, 638x1252
>>
>>68023985
Wrong

>Top tier Tark
Mirror, The Sacrifice, Nostalghia

>Great but not perfect
Stalker, Andrei Rublev

>Boredom tier
Ivan's Childhood
Solaris
>>
>>68024166
Damn, and I haven't seen any of those in your top tier. Really trying to find a copy of The Mirror. You didn't like Solaris?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP1QXKbhqr4&nohtml5=False
>>
>>68024275
One of my favorite OST pieces bar none
>>
in order

mirror
stalker
nostalghia
andrei rublev
solaris
the sacrifice
ivans childhood

for what it's worth, i can see why people say solaris is his worst, i think im missing decent chunks of the sacrifice.. and mirror is a legitimate masterpiece that makes his other movies seem slightly worse by some sort of default comparison, which is entirely unfair but oh well.
>>
>“Modern mass culture, aimed at the 'consumer', the civilisation of prosthetics, is crippling people's souls, setting up barriers between man and the crucial questions of his existence, his consciousness of himself as a spiritual being.”

is he right?
>>
>>68023836
>Tarkovski
>Soviet
pick one, confused anon
>>
>>68024080
Patrician as fuck
>>
File: 09.jpg (607 KB, 1952x1744) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
607 KB, 1952x1744
Hello /v/. Goodbye /v/.
>>
File: fixed.png (2 MB, 1952x1744) Image search: [Google]
fixed.png
2 MB, 1952x1744
>>68025822
fixed
>>
>>68025822
>rejecting entry level
why? the fact that you're even posting on this board is enough evidence to suggest your own taste is not sophisticated enough to look down on entry level
>>
File: best-andrei-tarkovsky-films.jpg (41 KB, 590x391) Image search: [Google]
best-andrei-tarkovsky-films.jpg
41 KB, 590x391
>>68025822

Eternal on Celluloid

Eternal on /tv/
>>
meme
>>
>>68024009
Can't wait till your hot new flick drops anon, I bet it'll be a real smash.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.