[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Yorgos Lanthimos' latest masterpiece, The Lobster?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
Thoughts on Yorgos Lanthimos' latest masterpiece, The Lobster?
>>
it was pretty good, but not as good as dogtooth (or even alps)
the first half was better than the second
i want to have sex with that french lady in the woods
>>
dogtooth is probably the best fap material I've ever seen in a film tbqh
>>
first half was fantastic, really started falling to pieces in the second half, i got the sense that he really had no idea where to go with it and so he just went back to the dogtooth formula which really doesn't suit a film as light and tongue-in-cheek as the first half was

i did think it was kind of a nice touch that the ending is essentially exactly the same as dogtooth's ending though
>>
>>68020674

one of the worst films ever, easily an 8/10.
>>
Loved dogtooth but I'm getting mixed feeling about this one. Seems more like a bizarre comedy at times.
>>
>>68021937
it is a comedy
or at least, the first half is definitely a comedy
fucking good one too, most i've laughed at a film in ages
>>
>>68020701
>i want to have sex with that french lady in the woods
mostly this
>>
File: ariane_labed.gif (987 KB, 268x180) Image search: [Google]
ariane_labed.gif
987 KB, 268x180
>>68022635
>Not the qt greek maid that dances like a retard
>>
I would forgo trying to get a partner and just look forward to becoming an animal
>>
>>68020674
I marathoned the first 20 minutes, I don't think it's for me.
>>
>>68022541
Exactly. I laughed out loud multiple times during the first half but later on it was just... weird without that sardonic sense of humor. Everyone just seemed autistic.

>>68022693
This was my first thought and still seems like the most reasonable thing to do.
>>
I really hated it, which is surprising as I'm >tfwnogf and think I'm a lot smarter than I actually am (literally the target demographic). I hated the deliberate robot acting, that stupid score and most of the cinematography was obnoxious and immersion shattering. I did like some of the shots with an occasional flamingo walking around. Fucking hated that ending too
>>
>>68022837
>it's a "pleb watches foreign directors first english language film" episode
stick to capeshit
>>
Great ending
>>
>>68020674

>Become some sea creature where I can willingly split myself in two
>Don't bother with the deal and just go for it
>Become something like a sea amoeba
>>
>>68022901
Good argument mate. But I guess a guy that has seen two films by a Greek director is the film conisseur of the century
>>
>>68021937
Dogtooth was a comedy.
>>
Colin Farrell is REALLY FUCKING OUT OF SHAPE
>>
>>68020674
is that areally about a human-size lobster???
>>
>>68022979
you must be fun at parties
>>
What is "the animal that nobody wants to become"?
>>
>>68025707
Good question. I was thinking that it's probably the pig. I recall the french chick feeding a pig in the forest, maybe it used to be someone they knew. Any better ideas?
>>
>>68020674
DUDE DYSTOPIA LMAO
>>
>>68024929
No it's a movie about a human that turns into a lobster because he can't get laid.
>>
do they actually get turned into animals or do they get killed and then they release an animal afterwards?
>>
>>68020701
>>68020707
>>68023541

Why did everyone love Dogtooth so much?

Watched it last night. It was definitely good, but I think I prefer The Lobster
>>
>>68020674
I liked The Lobster
later I'll watch dogtooth

btw maybe /tv/ can help me finding a movie

I'm searching a movie with a man who live under bridge and he drink gasoline. He lives with a woman and she dies near the end of the movie in a car accident.
Thanks a lot
>>
>>68028180

Les amants du Pont Neuf?
>>
>>68027057
Hard to say from the point of view but I think they actually get turned into animals because the main character is said to have turned the heartless woman into an animal himself.
>>
Why not cheat and say you want to become human since human are mammals.
>>
>>68028281
no, this is not the movie I'm searching
the movie was more in a decadence mood, not inspiring
the woman and the man just shared drugs together I think
>>
>>68028742
les amants du pont neuf has all that. but she doesn't die from a car accident. she falls into a river.
>>
>>68020674

Worst movie I've seen in a long while.

Literally nothing I liked apart from a few shots. I'm pretty sure whoever wrote the script is actually retarded and not merely pretending to be making hard to get art.
>>
>>68020674
Why aren't we talking about THIS masterpiece?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrK1f4TsQfM
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.